Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seasons frustrations

Grab a coffe this could be a long rant,

Firstly one massive problem is the clear lacking of passions in the dressing room and the players simply not caring. The problem was because of this supposed revolution we brought in too many players who had already established careers, paid them stupid amounts of money even though most of them had probably never heard of East fife, their careers won't be effected by this, they will think they can jump ship and go to a new club and all if forgotten! Excluding Brown Barr Patterson and Campbell I don't think any of them were really too hurt that we were relegated.

Secondly the empty promises from the board this season have been beyond anything I have seen before, we were told all season that if we got behind the team things would improve and it didn't! Lee Murray publicly coming out and slating the fans for being negative when we had to suffer results such as 5-0 at home to Ayre! Whoever signed these players and even the appointment of Aitcheson was stupid from the start and that is the reason we are where we are!

Third, which is more a frustration of today, our supposed 'ultra' group turning on out fans after a week of thanking them for support by signing 'is this a library' is embarrassing, also in the face of getting relegated signing 'we are going down' is not on. Most of them; like the players have no real feeling for the club as this is there 5th game, it was an insult to all East Fife fans who have stuck with the team through thick and thin!

Going forward we need a clear out with over paid players such as Buchanan to go and get more youthful, local players through like Fash and Ross Brown. We need players who intend to play for the shirt and the fans and go forward as a club!

Re: Seasons frustrations

MethilGold

Firstly one massive problem is the clear lacking of passions in the dressing room and the players simply not caring. The problem was because of this supposed revolution we brought in too many players who had already established careers, paid them stupid amounts of money even though most of them had probably never heard of East fife, their careers won't be effected by this, they will think they can jump ship and go to a new club and all if forgotten! Excluding Brown Barr Patterson and Campbell I don't think any of them were really too hurt that we were relegated.

Secondly the empty promises from the board this season have been beyond anything I have seen before, we were told all season that if we got behind the team things would improve and it didn't! Lee Murray publicly coming out and slating the fans for being negative when we had to suffer results such as 5-0 at home to Ayre! Whoever signed these players and even the appointment of Aitcheson was stupid from the start and that is the reason we are where we are!

Third, which is more a frustration of today, our supposed 'ultra' group turning on out fans after a week of thanking them for support by signing 'is this a library' is embarrassing, also in the face of getting relegated signing 'we are going down' is not on. Most of them; like the players have no real feeling for the club as this is there 5th game, it was an insult to all East Fife fans who have stuck with the team through thick and thin!

Going forward we need a clear out with over paid players such as Buchanan to go and get more youthful, local players through like Fash and Ross Brown. We need players who intend to play for the shirt and the fans and go forward as a club!

Great post mate.

How many players did we actually end up using this season?

Has to be some kind of record.

Compare that to the teams that were successful and you'll see we haven't had a moment of stability from day one. That's a huge problem in my opinion and certainly contributed to the shambles of a season.

Fash is the worst striker I've seen at bayview . We needed all the players to be in a battle the day and we huffed and puffed all game . This is the worst eastfife team I've saw in all my days as a die hard , last year we stayed up because of grafters in the team such as Muir , McManus , and co and today all we had was players thinking they should stay up because they are 1-0 up on other team . Well done stirling they worked hard the whole 90 min. Eastfife I won't be back gutted and sick

GoF

Compare that to the teams that were successful and you'll see we haven't had a moment of stability from day one. That's a huge problem in my opinion and certainly contributed to the shambles of a season.

Definitely agree, the amount of times our back four changed especially in the first half of the season was shocking.

MethilGold

I haven't checked his statement, but I don't think you can say that Lee Murray slated the fans mate. He put out a statement saying that it was out of order, that fans sarcastically applauded a player being substituted and he was 100% correct in saying so. What kind of supporters turn on their team when the going gets tough. The mark of a good supporter is someone who will back his team through thick or thin, not what we have witnessed by some sections of the support this season. I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I am not surprised if the 'ultras' sang what you said they did, as i think they may be the same guys who were singing a load of shit up at Brechin a few weeks ago? I agree with your thoughts on our 'fans' turning on the club every time things don't go well.

GoF

Spot on GoF. I remember reading on the forum a while back that we had played 50 different players so far this season? Sounds a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly has been too many and no stability in the team as a result.

MethilGold

Good post. The ultras were an embarrassment yday. Never understood the hype surrounding Fash tho, seriously overrated imo

The Ultras sing it as it is and let's face it, they are spot on.

It was at LEAST 50 players this season, The biggest gutless bunch ive ever seen at bayview, apart from names in previous post dump the lot. Fash improved a lot through the season but aitchison gave him 90mins only 2nd game of season wtf ? We played pars first game thought we were in for a decent season after just losing 1-0 pffft.
MR McNeil I think should have known better, I point finger straight at you Brian !!

Jim moffats love child
It was at LEAST 50 players this season, The biggest gutless bunch ive ever seen at bayview, apart from names in previous post dump the lot.

It was 37.

Are you including all loans and players that never even got a game like manu and kev nade ?

Jim moffats love child
Are you including all loans and players that never even got a game like manu and kev nade ?

He meant players who actually PLAYED

Ok I meant players we actually signed and then paid them money

Sare Heed
Jim moffats love child

He meant players who actually PLAYED

Six then.

Jack
Jim moffats love child
It was at LEAST 50 players this season, The biggest gutless bunch ive ever seen at bayview, apart from names in previous post dump the lot.

It was 37.

Thing to remember is that 62% of facts are made up.

Noisy Crossbar
Jack
Jim moffats love child

It was 37.

Thing to remember is that 62% of facts are made up.

Actually, it's 62.6666....% NB!