Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
the future

Gutted! As are all
However no over reactions! We change our management structure like we change our socks and we have arrived nowhere. It is essential that we go forward with Gary and Lee. It was encouraging that, in conversation with folks in the Tower Bar after the game when I was sobbing into my Guiiness, that they agreed.
Btw great for the Stirling fans ....but the knuckle walker fatties amongst them on the pitch....East Fife players showed great restraint

Re: the future

I agree with Garys interview after the game, summed everything up with what is wrong with majority of our squad. Sad that the opposition were clearly hungrier and showed more desire in a game of such great importance. He said their centre half won more headers, there centre forward won more headers, and they won 50 50s all over the pitch. At least 8 East Fife players lost their personal dual with the opposition player, to me that shows why we are where we are. Gary has shown that he is not scared to make big decisions he will know who has let him and the club down. When we see the list of freed players later in the week, then we will know who gary believes has been letting everyone down. The problem we now have about building a new team is trying to attract decent players to the 4th tier of Scottish football. It will depend on what budget is made available to him as to the kind of quality we can expect next season. However Stranraer have shown everyone that large budgets is not everything as long as you have a good manager, all the players playing for him and the shirt then you have half a chance. Our problem was 2 many players that thought they were better than what they were.

Less demands for free bus's & reduced ticket prices will help keep money for the playing budget, so as fans we shouldn't be looking for those freebies if we really want to see the team improve.

E.fife fan.

Don't agree with no free buses and no concessions. Look at Albion Rovers who have a pays as much as you can ticket season policy. They have already upped their cash intake because more people are taking up the offers.

Don't think I would be at every game if I wasn't getting a concessionary season ticket but I am not any less of a fan. Just plain economics. Also benn a supporter for 58years and got ma ticket for next season.

New by
E.fife fan.

Don't agree with no free buses and no concessions. Look at Albion Rovers who have a pays as much as you can ticket season policy. They have already upped their cash intake because more people are taking up the offers.

Don't think I would be at every game if I wasn't getting a concessionary season ticket but I am not any less of a fan. Just plain economics. Also benn a supporter for 58years and got ma ticket for next season.

Who mentioned concessions? I am talking about the normal adults entrance fee and free bus's requests. How can you ask for someone else to pay your transport costs? That cannot be sustained by a small club.

Albion Rovers are not exactly a success story are they? They have been playing in the lower echelons of Scottish football for years. I don't think your statement of them upping their cash intake is based on fact either, but I apologise if you can give the proof of that.

I just think that if we are wanting a successful team on the park, then don't jeopardise that by looking to pay less money every chance you get.

Also, season ticket holders are paying up front and may not even be able to attend all home games, so how can you justify lowering the entrance fee for those who attend when it suits them?

I believe we have a great squad full of passionate players with the best support in the country. We will bounce back straight away. I have been going to the games for 36 years now and have never seen such enthusiasm. Although we went down we put up a great fight.

Special praise to Lewis Barr and Ross Brown who gave everything.

Feel good that these young lads are in the team and doing well.

Not all bad.

YES good to see the young lads Ross Brown, Lewis Barr & Nathan Austin put some energy into the team!! They will be good next season!!

Edinburgh EFFC
Special praise to Lewis Barr and Ross Brown who gave everything.

Feel good that these young lads are in the team and doing well.

Not all bad.

Couldn't agree more! We missed Ross Brown when he was injuried but him and Barr in the midfield next season is promising, also a mention to Stevie Campbell, our longest serving player, passion in barrel loads and loves the club!

Whats done is done now no point on looking at the negatives. I reckon Campbell and Rutkiewicz is a good start and could do a good job at bottom level. Taking in mind the younger players we have will come back next season alot fitter and stronger, anything could happen

If theres anything i love more its a drive down to methil on a saturday afternoon to watch my boyhood club give it their all. the sheer determination of the players really get me going... and just to hear the fans shout EAST... FIFE, EAST... FIFE. fife is love fife is life

fruitloops
'the sheer determination of the players.'

Hunter
fruitloops
'the sheer determination of the players.'

Hunter the Supporter!

E.Fifefan
New by
E.fife fan.

Who mentioned concessions? I am talking about the normal adults entrance fee and free bus's requests. How can you ask for someone else to pay your transport costs? That cannot be sustained by a small club.

Albion Rovers are not exactly a success story are they? They have been playing in the lower echelons of Scottish football for years. I don't think your statement of them upping their cash intake is based on fact either, but I apologise if you can give the proof of that.

I just think that if we are wanting a successful team on the park, then don't jeopardise that by looking to pay less money every chance you get.

Also, season ticket holders are paying up front and may not even be able to attend all home games, so how can you justify lowering the entrance fee for those who attend when it suits them?

Hey E.Fifefan

Take a look at page 88 of Fridays Scottish Sun. It reads: the league two side launched an initiative that let fans pay what they like for season books earlier this month and have seen sales jump from 100 to nearly 600 since...........................because the cash income is already double what they usually bring in. ............We have sold 560 season tickets to date, which is way beyond our expectations

I accept your apology!

The Scottish Sun?

Aye ok then.

Don't know what's worse. Sun readers or people why fall for all this shite.
Remember the sheer lies from last pre season.

Idiot.

ya whore sir
The Scottish Sun?

Aye ok then.

Don't know what's worse. Sun readers or people why fall for all this shite.
Remember the sheer lies from last pre season.

Idiot.

Agree,I only used to buy the Sun or the Record for the footy news,but after all the lies and untruths and gnashing of teeth pre season two years ago,I haven't bought one copy of their rags since,and never will again!