Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Naysmith's interview

'Ill be remembered as the manager that relegated East Fife' was a horrible comment from Gary Naysmith's interview that really did hit me hard
However, I can't even begin to believe that we would be better off if we had kept Aitchison because it is simply not true, he had a worse record than Naysmith and is less experienced in football, there were no vocal supports of him when he was being sacked and it's all fair and well saying it now but there's no way he would have kept us up
Next season going forward Naysmith has to be the man to take us back to the second division because since he took the job and especially in that interview he showed the pride that the fans crave!

Re: Naysmith's interview

He was clearly hurting after the game, that much is evident from the interview.

I just hope that nothing rash is done over the next few days by either the club or Naysmith and he's given the pre-season to get in his own players, work with them over summer and then burst out of this league next season.

Whilst I have my doubts about Naysmith I do feel for him. It's all ready been made public that he walked right into a shambles of a squad. He got an 18 month contract so I'm certain he will be with us next season. The man deserves time to build his own team and if we're just as bad next season then there will be no excuses.

MethilGold
'Ill be remembered as the manager that relegated East Fife' was a horrible comment from Gary Naysmith's interview that really did hit me hard
However, I can't even begin to believe that we would be better off if we had kept Aitchison because it is simply not true, he had a worse record than Naysmith and is less experienced in football, there were no vocal supports of him when he was being sacked and it's all fair and well saying it now but there's no way he would have kept us up
Next season going forward Naysmith has to be the man to take us back to the second division because since he took the job and especially in that interview he showed the pride that the fans crave!

I came on here and stated Grieg McDonald was the manager East fife should go for before Aitchinson appointment. I again stated before Naismith got the job that big Grieg was the man for us. Yesterday Stirling played some good football had players with pace and height. Sadly this is the 3 qualities that east fife have lacked for 2 seasons. We have been in the league for 6 seasons and not once have we been near getting to the play offs,the best being 6th under Robbo. Cowdenbeath,Alloa and Dumbarton have proved with the right manager and talent to spot good players the championship can be achievable and sustained. Sadly since Robbo all the managers have taken us backwards. Naismith has to go and bring in Grieg McDonald

Gladstone Fifer
MethilGold

I came on here and stated Grieg McDonald was the manager East fife should go for before Aitchinson appointment. I again stated before Naismith got the job that big Grieg was the man for us. Yesterday Stirling played some good football had players with pace and height. Sadly this is the 3 qualities that east fife have lacked for 2 seasons. We have been in the league for 6 seasons and not once have we been near getting to the play offs,the best being 6th under Robbo. Cowdenbeath,Alloa and Dumbarton have proved with the right manager and talent to spot good players the championship can be achievable and sustained. Sadly since Robbo all the managers have taken us backwards. Naismith has to go and bring in Grieg McDonald

Up until 10 games ago Stirling fans wanted McDonald out. We need to give Naysmith time and absolute worst case and he is removed we need an experienced manager. Why would McDonald drop down a division after the hard work of getting Stirling up?

Gladstone Fifer
MethilGold

Where did Stirling Albion finish in Greig's first season in management? It was 4th bottom of the 3rd division. Did he get the sack? NO. He was given another season and now he has achieved promotion.

Moral? Give managers time to get it right and don't bin them after only half a season.

Yeah, give Naysmith a chance a suppose. We can't get relegated next season but I have NO confidence in him at all.

Hunter
Yeah, give Naysmith a chance a suppose. We can't get relegated next season but I have NO confidence in him at all.
We can get relegated can we not? Lowland and Highland leagues become part of pyramid system as of next season. I could be wrong tho. Hope Naysmith given time.

truly yesterday was up there as one of the worst feelings ive ever experienced. watched garys interview today and you can tell hes hurting as much as us.give him a chance next season lads and we call all hope for the best

Impressed by his honesty in the interview.

Give him another season to build his team and see where that takes us

Chairman just announced that Gary Naysmith WILL BE Manager next season.
As others have said , give Gary next season to put together his own team. Obviously there will be pressure on him to produce the goods.

i woosny vry big fan of naysmith when he got the manger. dinny reely think hes rite man for job. think thers better mangers oot there who wood happy take job

In the third sentence "think" should have a capital.

Not The Other Chairman
In the third sentence "think" should have a capital.

lol so ther is. howd i miss it