Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bayview

I know some of you will think this is ridiculous but I'm going to post it anyway. I have always felt that the pitch at Batciew hasn't been up to standard, neither have the stands or the pies for that matter. So I'm suggesting we think about changing the maintenance staff before the next campaign. Thoughts?

Re: Bayview

Not at all mate. i have always considered the pitch having similarities to, hate to say it, a tatty field in the shetland islands on a stormy day. Its a disgrace. How they expect the players to play attractive football on that is beyond me. As for the pie stand. i dont know why i dont just sneak one in my budgie smugglers. i find i wait there most of the game and for what? A half assed pie thats what!

Have to say the pitch at Bayview is beyond belief. I wonder what the groundsman actually does in his working time. I feel too many people blame the manager and chairman for our poor season, but I feel the groundsman has to put his hands up and accept some responsibility. We would probably still be on the league had he done his job properly.

I had a pie a few weeks ago. i was looking forward to it all day. its really the only thing i ever look forward to. i took a bite of what i was expecting to me heaven but then spat it straight out. it was cold and hard. how do the canteen ladies expect players to play well if they cant even heat up their half time pies? no wonder we have been woeful, half the players are probably constipated half the time.

Methinks there are agents provocateurs around.!!

Starks of Buckhaven get my vote for pies!
Best in Scotland!
In saying that The Railwaiy in Lower Largo do Morelands Pies and they are great!
How come they never taste that good at Bayview?

Hairy Fifer
Best in Scotland!
In saying that The Railwaiy in Lower Largo do Morelands Pies and they are great!
How come they never taste that good at Bayview?

I think those ladies are at it in that pie stand stand. dont think they are treating the pies with the respect that they oh so deserve. i mean lets be honest a pie and bovril is the absolute heart and soul of any football match. heck, i heard even the italians substitute a pizza to have a pie at their games.

Ooh ahh up the fife
I know some of you will think this is ridiculous but I'm going to post it anyway. I have always felt that the pitch at Batciew hasn't been up to standard, neither have the stands or the pies for that matter. So I'm suggesting we think about changing the maintenance staff before the next campaign. Thoughts?

Was their not talk of 3G surface/Plastic pitch getting laid in 2015 at bayview? I think it would be wonderful idea if it's true and a way to the club to make money hiring the pitch out to likes of kennoway juniors etc 5 a side football...and we won't need to worry about surface getting damaged during the season look at annan, montrose, alloa, airdrie, stenny and Hamilton and it works and benefits their club season after season this is what east fife should put forward to chairman, board at meetings to get it approved and I know many fans will say and argue with me yeah bayview has the best pitch etc etc but it's time we get to reality like clubs just like Hamilton and make it community based after all the chairman wants east fife as a community club this is a good idea is it not to have this hire a pitch at bayview as part of the community aswell as east fife playing home games on 3G?

I also like to add bring back Moreland Pies.

East Fife are planning to replace the current playing surface at Bayview with an artificial one.SNS Group
East Fife want to rip up the grass pitch at Bayview Stadium and replace it with an artificial surface in time for next season.

The ambitious League One club, who confirmed former Scotland defender Gary Naysmith as their new manager on Wednesday, are pressing ahead with plans for a synthetic playing surface and say it could potentially be in place for the start of the 2014/15 league campaign.

The pitch at Bayview is renowned as one of the better ones in the lower leagues but the board at Bayview are willing to fork out the £300,000-plus needed to replace it after weighing up the options.

Chairman Lee Murray told Courier Sport: “We’re working hard at that, the reason being that other clubs are getting a jump on us basically.

“They are able to invest more money in their club and into their playing staff that we can’t do because we don’t have that facility.

“We are working on it and we hope we can maybe get it in place for the start of next season. We’ve started the process so with a wee bit of luck it will be next season, if not the season after.

“When I first came in I thought football should be played on grass but when you measure it up and look at the finances it doesn’t make any sense to not look at it at least and try our best to get it.

“We’re trying to raise funding and the cut off on any decision will likely be late April beginning of May because it takes six weeks from start to finish.

“We would need to start it the minute the season finishes.”

The Methil outfit are already using crowd-funding to try and finance developments at the ground, with the club hoping to raise enough cash to build a new club shop, a café/restaurant and a 750-capacity stand.

Copy this from pervious topic about plastic pitch, this is why I brought it up on comment above.

Cambuslang Fifer
Ooh ahh up the fife

Was their not talk of 3G surface/Plastic pitch getting laid in 2015 at bayview? I think it would be wonderful idea if it's true and a way to the club to make money hiring the pitch out to likes of kennoway juniors etc 5 a side football...and we won't need to worry about surface getting damaged during the season look at annan, montrose, alloa, airdrie, stenny and Hamilton and it works and benefits their club season after season this is what east fife should put forward to chairman, board at meetings to get it approved and I know many fans will say and argue with me yeah bayview has the best pitch etc etc but it's time we get to reality like clubs just like Hamilton and make it community based after all the chairman wants east fife as a community club this is a good idea is it not to have this hire a pitch at bayview as part of the community aswell as east fife playing home games on 3G?

I also like to add bring back Moreland Pies.

They are Moreland pies aren't they?

Hairy Fifer
Best in Scotland!

They're shit groundsmen though. In fairness the pies at Laburnum Landscapes leave a lot to be desired.

KotS
Hairy Fifer
Best in Scotland!

They're shit groundsmen though. In fairness the pies at Laburnum Landscapes leave a lot to be desired.

Fadi the Fifer
KotS
Hairy Fifer
Best in Scotland!

Forget about pies, what butchers they came from etc what about this 3G so called plastic pitch we are suppose to be getting at bayview?