Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lee's twitter?

Am I reading too much into this or is it weird that Lee's profile has changed and there is now no mention of East Fife or him being chairman of the club? Slightly worried...

Re: Lee's twitter?

I have just seen that. I guess we'll find out this evening at the supporters club meeting and AGM.

comeback king
Am I reading too much into this or is it weird that Lee's profile has changed and there is now no mention of East Fife or him being chairman of the club? Slightly worried...

All profiles on Twitter are changing, mine's changed.

Yes I know that but all reference to East Fife has been removed from his profile. Unless twitter has some sort of vendetta against the club I don't think the layout change is responsible for this...

Well Lee is at the club just now why not phone him and ask him if he is still chairman.

zak
Well Lee is at the club just now why not phone him and ask him if he is still chairman.

I think a public announcement would be more appropriate if he is no longer the Chairman don't you think?

Takeover, another revolution

Lee Murray is still the chairman: http://eastfifefc.info/club/officials

His name has been there all season.

It does seem strange that his twitter heading has erased all EFFC connections. He did also say that there was some big news coming earlier in the week tho he's said that before and it's been a bit of a damp squib.

hope lee murrey is staying as chairman but something is not right hmm i had a look on his twitter maybe he's left but hope not we find out tonight

I hope he hasn't left. Maybe he is waiting to reveal some genuinely big news like the new kit and/or a new badge? Or that the takeover is finally complete? Hoping for good news tonight!

colin h
hope lee murrey is staying as chairman but something is not right hmm i had a look on his twitter maybe he's left but hope not we find out tonight

Shut up Colin

Doubt even Murray would want this season's disaster as a legacy.
He'll be around for another season.

comeback king
Maybe he is waiting to reveal some genuinely big news like the new kit and/or a new badge?

This. New gold with black candy stripes Under Armour home strip with EFFC saltire and thistle badge to be revealed, along with the red, green and white deck chair away kit.

Mr Blobby
colin h

Shut up Colin
why don't you shut up and leave the lad alone.

Hey come on did anyone think Lee would be still here once the Gers moved up? This was an ego trip with the prospect of a financial lift with rangers and Dunfermline in the same league.

comeback king
Yes I know that but all reference to East Fife has been removed from his profile. Unless twitter has some sort of vendetta against the club I don't think the layout change is responsible for this...

I read this with concern and hope that all EFFC fans don't just write comeback king off as a stupid twat (I think that's what they call a twitter anylist).
At the end of last year Twitter had a market capitalisation of $33bn and obviously keep an eye on what's happening in the world. EF's relegation has shaken the business world and Lee's twitter profile changing has sinister undertones. AFTN needs people with their finger on the pulse and I am glad EFFC has a few twats to look after us technophobes.
Is there not one of these wee cartoon faces which reflects someone shaking their head in utter disbelief ?

Mr Blobby
colin h

Shut up Colin

Yeah - you shut up. Colin's an East Fife die hard who goes to all the games. He can say what he wants

Cheers mate

Difficult to tell if NTOC is supporting the original post or taking the proverbial p**s... (insert bemused smiley here).

Mr Blobby
colin h

Shut up Colin

Thats a bit far isn`t it? Colin is a decent lad and East Fife through and through.

Yeah thank god lee murey is staying I heard we have signed players but we all no tommorow great news

Zuperbenjay
Lee Murray is still the chairman: http://eastfifefc.info/club/officials

They don't update Everything on the official site on a daily basis...

Leave the lad alone, Colin's been a regular on away buses and every home game, the comment above is out of order !