Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Possible signings

Was down at Bayview today and spotted 3 potential new signings around the stadium.My info is that one of them is Davie Brodie,former Wemyss Brickworks goalie,the other is called Craig Bernard,I think he played for Aberdeen.Last guy looked impressive as he was in full highland dress,possibly from one of the top highland league teams,a sweeper by the looks of it.Things are looking positive!!!

Re: Possible signings

Now you've let the cat out of the bag with this leak!
Two are almost certain to sign but the other is really pushing the chairman to the limit & is looking for a 5 year contract. Mercenaries the lot of them!

Heard on the grapevine that one of this trio is pushing real hard for a deal with Servco and that we are only his second choice.

Kevin smiths brother been released from rovers doubt he'd drop this far down though

Derek Carcary is a free-agent since leaving brechin and was once on the books at wraith, would he be a good signing at this level?
Also a winger but never played much due to stop and start with injuries I love to see him and cook on the wings.

Carcary has (or at least had) an abundance of talent, but is one of the most injury prone players I've seen.
He was always more effective coming off the bench as an impact sub, than he was starting a game.

Up here in Aberdeen the chat is Lawrence Shankland on loan next season, apparently had a massive bust-up with Jeffries at the end of the season (tea cups thrown)

Granite Fifer
Up here in Aberdeen the chat is Lawrence Shankland on loan next season, apparently had a massive bust-up with Jeffries at the end of the season (tea cups thrown)

Would be a great signing if it's true but he could easily get a team in league one or even the championship

we have missed out in signing stefan mccluskey from clyde according to todays courier

Who's stefan signed for?

wants to play at a higher level

Cr
Who's stefan signed for?

No doubt he will join Duffy at morton

Also missed out on Darren Lavery from Berwick who was announced in the programme that he had signed a precontract at Bayview. He has resigned for Berwick

Cambuslang Fifer
Cr
Who's stefan signed for?

No doubt he will join Duffy at morton

Won't be playing at a higher level for long then.

Stefan linked with both Morton and Stirling Albion. So far we've signed the 3 lost out on stefan and darren lavery and that's all I've seen, hopefully hear more soon.

Think we need add.

- another goalie perfer a more experience goalkeeper and would help young rooney love to see Sean murdoch or mark ridgers since their out of contract.
- still need full-backs and a left back who is a left back we have never replaced Matthew park though stonie played left back when his loan deal expired but wasn't his natrual position did the job there when asked.
- another centre back for cover.
- add 1/2 midfield maybe get hughes back to help barr and brown again.
- another 1/2 strikers.

Craig Gunn

Dylan Rooney (GK)
Need to add an experienced, taller goalkeeper in the squad to challenge and mentor Rooney. Don't get me wrong; I think he's done phenomenally well in the last few games but I still think he's too young/small to jump straight into the 1st XI next season.

Kevin Rutkiewicz and Stevie Campbell (Defenders)
Definitely need to add 1 or 2 more central defenders in there. Both got injured a few times last season. Worth a try to get Ismael Bouzid? Thought he was immense in the pre-season last year. Going to need to find at least 2 or 3 Full backs now that Cowan, Durie and Stoney have gone. Hopefully Naysmith decides to play next season.

Ross Brown, Alan Walker and Lewis Barr (Centre Mids)
Think we need 1 more experienced central midfielder in there to mentor Brown and Barr in particular. Don't really know much about Alan Walker.

Alan Cook (Winger)
Good signing this. Hopefully we can add a few more fast, hard-working tricky wingers in there.

Kevin Smith, Nathan Austin, Jon McShane and Daryl Falconer (Strikers)
Plenty of strikers but all are very young; so could do with one experienced striker in there.

Players needed:

2 goalkeepers with Rooney possibly being farmed out to juniors for experience, 1 being an older experienced one like a Rab Douglas.

3 full backs along with Naysmith.maybe one who is versatile enough to fill in at centre back in case of injuries.

1 tall, strong centre back cos we were vulnerable last year as most teams seemed to have a tall bustling centr forward

2 midfielders to supplement Brown Walker and Barr. Possibly Cook could slip in the middle as well but we need a tenacious tackler who would break up opponents attacks an set up our other midfielders to attack.

1 out and out proven goal scorer, tall and bustling (maybe McShayne fits the bill)

This is all going on limited knowledge of who is actually signed ie youths apart from Falconer. Could do with a full list of players on the books so far.

This forum is usually quite good for rumours but it's all quiet on possible signings.

Nobody know anything or seen any big stars hanging about New Bayview.

Viewparker
Craig Gunn

Has signed on for Elgin that rules him out. Carcary joins Annan suppose to be and I see Marc Mckenzie has joined Gemmell at Albion.

Archie Campbell be good signing for fife

Colin H
Archie Campbell be good signing for fife

He'll either sign for the pars or a championship club

Certainly need a goal scorer for sure. Surprised Buchanan was released as he's much better than Fash, hopefully Fash will improve in league 2. Hoping Naysmith will do a pre season and start for us, surely he can still do a good job at this level. Lee been on holiday but hoping we see some decent signings when he's back and we can bounce back first time of asking.

As I've said before, we have to be realistic about standard of players coming in as I'd imagine it will be a small budget due to poor season ticket sales.

ive heard that Chris Templeman could be signing

He signed a new contract with Forfar towards the end of last season, so can't see that one happening

Im in the o2 shop in the overgate, Dundee. Free internet

Alan Lithgow would be a good shout as cover for Rutkinwicz and Campbell I don't think we can attract Gary Kenneth to Bayview but who knows love to see Stephen Hughes back on-loan for another season help barr and brown.
Sean Higgins be worth a punt? Cowan talked about him in a interview on EFTV.

leaving somerfields
Alan Lithgow would be a good shout as cover for Rutkinwicz and Campbell I don't think we can attract Gary Kenneth to Bayview but who knows love to see Stephen Hughes back on-loan for another season help barr and brown.
Sean Higgins be worth a punt? Cowan talked about him in a interview on EFTV.

Sean Higgins has signed for Cowdenbeath. To have had any chance of signing guys like that we had to avoid relegation. Hopefully news of a few signings next week as the squad is looking pretty bare at the moment.

Note Ryan Donnelly , former Brechin and Airdrie forward is looking for a club. We could do worse. He scored a barrowload of goals for Airdrie 2 seasons ago and was not given a real opportunity at Wigan or Brechin. Might be looking for a higher league club though!

Heard a rumour that we are interested in Kelty Hearts keeper Allan Fleming. Any truth in this?

Have you been abroad for a while! Alan Fleming played a couple of times for the reserves last season and is very much in the picture.

Newby
Have you been abroad for a while! Alan Fleming played a couple of times for the reserves last season and is very much in the picture.

Is he the sort of keeper we need? How he do in reserves? I was hoping we had gone for a keeper that has been playing his trade at a higher level, a keeper similar to willie mcculloch so rooney can benefit from.
We have signed junior keepers in the past though and things didn't work out for them in the end.

Allan Fleming has been at Kelty juniors for years and is a good keeper. I believe he has been capped for Scotland Juniors but I'm with you and would like to see an experienced seasoned campaigner with height and weight behind him for the rigours of the Second Division???????

On offical site Ewan moyes has signed

Cr

I'm not sure about this signing. Sure he's the right age, right position, right level of experience, decent player....... but his barnet isn't really what I'd look for in a footballer - or on any serious sportsman for that matter.

A good center back needs a no nonsense haircut - Japp Stam springs to mind. Ewan's hair is just too high maintenance and has a vibe of essex-wideboy-call-centre-monkey about it. Dicky Gibb and John Alison would be spinning in their graves (if they were dead and had opted for burial).

And then what effect will it have on the dressing room? Will we see Lewis Barr and Ross Brown go for highlights while Stevie Campbell goes for some sort of designer mullet look?

It's a distraction we can do without.

Welcome to Bayview Ewan.....but please...... look into a new, less fussy haircut.

WWRD (What Would Rocky Do) ?

Noisy Crossbar
Cr

I'm not sure about this signing. Sure he's the right age, right position, right level of experience, decent player....... but his barnet isn't really what I'd look for in a footballer - or on any serious sportsman for that matter.

A good center back needs a no nonsense haircut - Japp Stam springs to mind. Ewan's hair is just too high maintenance and has a vibe of essex-wideboy-call-centre-monkey about it. Dicky Gibb and John Alison would be spinning in their graves (if they were dead and had opted for burial).

And then what effect will it have on the dressing room? Will we see Lewis Barr and Ross Brown go for highlights while Stevie Campbell goes for some sort of designer mullet look?

It's a distraction we can do without. LMAO brilliant

Welcome to Bayview Ewan.....but please...... look into a new, less fussy haircut.

Bizzle
Noisy Crossbar
Cr

It's a distraction we can do without. LMAO brilliant

Very humorous

Welcome to The Fife Ewan. Good luck for our title winning season.

Good luck for our title winning season.

Here we go again. It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

KotS
Good luck for our title winning season.

Here we go again. It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

Good luck for our Quadruple winning season seems more appropriate.

What's Ewan Moyes's background. Don't know him?

New by
What's Ewan Moyes's background. Don't know him?

Ewan is a talented centre-back who returned to the club for a second spell a couple of seasons ago after leaving English non-league side Gateshead. 'Moysee' originally joined City on loan from Hibernian in 2010 and helped the team reach the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup that season. Was made skipper of the side at the beginning of last season.

Previous Clubs : - Hibernian, Livingston (loan), Arbroath (loan), Gateshead.
Age - 23

Senior Career Statistics

2009-2010 - Livingston - 6 app - 1 goal
2010 - Arbroath (loan) - 16 app - 0 goals
2010-2011 - Brechin City - 39 app - 4 goals
2011-2012 - Gateshead - 1 app - 0 goals
2012 - Brechin City (loan) - 14 app - 1 goal
2012-2013 - Brechin City - 28 app - 0 goals

Brechin City Appearances & Goals Season 2013/14

1 app ( sub) - 0 goals

Ewan moves had a very serious car accident in the summer of 2013 and returned far too quickly to the Brecon city side last season. I believe his injuries were originally thought to be career threatening but the lad did come through. He has not played a game for Brechin since early March. Bit of a risk obviously for East Ffife, but he was obviously rated by Brechin before his accident, as he was captain of the team. Brechin fans are unsure if he will return to his former form, resulting from the injuries and stress of the car accident. I hope for East Fife's sake he has a good per season. We certainly need a good central defender. A fully fit Ewan Moyes would be a very positive acquisition for the Fife.

We stil short of full-backs love to see stenhousemuir's Eddie Malone and Callum McDonald of Peterhead or Jonathan Page of dunfermline would be worth a punt?
Could Campbell play left-back with rutkinwicz and moyse centre backs.

Wouldn't like to see Stevie Campbell at left back. Wouldn't do the player any good at all. He is tremendous in the air and I think the back four is his position. I'd also make him captain because he is East Fife man at heart.

From the official website:

"We are pleased to announce that midfielder Caolan McAleer has agreed terms with the club. Caolan was previously with Partick Thistle and was on loan to Airdrieonians."

ef
From the official website:

"We are pleased to announce that midfielder Caolan McAleer has agreed terms with the club. Caolan was previously with Partick Thistle and was on loan to Airdrieonians."

He should be a hit, great signing and he rejected leauge one football to play for us tells it we have finally replaced bobby and is a promising youngster. All I can say is that Welcome to Methil McAleer

Dumbarton have released midfielders Hugh Murray and Steven McDougall could these be worth a look at. McDougall played at Airdrie before moving to Dunfermline then Dumbarton and reminds me of a winger that could be useful to us but weather they want to drop two league's down will be the question and we could do with a few players added to the squad also Striker Gozie Ugwu has left Dunfermline Ath and scored a hat-trick against Stirling Albion, he could be worth a punt as he was the club's league One top scorer at Pars with seven goals. There's players out there that could boost our squad, what do you all think?

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/murray-and-mcdougall-move-on/#iAakrsLZ4rp6bp8U.99
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/ugwu-exits-east-end-park/

Not sure what money is available to bring new players in?
Post match interview on Saturday Manager stressed that the players that are here are the players we have and thats it! Need to manage with what we have whether hes the manager or someone else. Next 18 games this is the group of players we've got.

He's been talking to all the club (loans) but theres not alot out there.
Usually loans wages are met half and half. Anybody/business gonna sponsor a player?

Who is out of contract in January??
Is there anyone to release? maybe free up some money to bring fresh legs in?

Is the Spanish guy eligible to play now?

Last year's player budget was 240 ...... Stevenson proudly got us promotion on a budget of 60k.

Would not be surprised if we go amature.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Night night my sweet

sign them?
Dumbarton have released midfielders Hugh Murray and Steven McDougall could these be worth a look at. McDougall played at Airdrie before moving to Dunfermline then Dumbarton and reminds me of a winger that could be useful to us but weather they want to drop two league's down will be the question and we could do with a few players added to the squad also Striker Gozie Ugwu has left Dunfermline Ath and scored a hat-trick against Stirling Albion, he could be worth a punt as he was the club's league One top scorer at Pars with seven goals. There's players out there that could boost our squad, what do you all think?

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/murray-and-mcdougall-move-on/#iAakrsLZ4rp6bp8U.99
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/ugwu-exits-east-end-park/

Worth a try, Clyde have signed Murray and McDougall they are good signings for Clyde that rules them out trying to sign them for free other clubs have got there before us.

Mark Kerr would be perfect signing in midfield? Released by QOTS following a burst up with a youth coach, think he would be a good midfield maybe not attacking minded player certainly a defensive minded player that would help our squad and experience he's been at would be like a new Stephen Hughes signing at this level.

Flounce

Heard our former/current player g field signed for the club for a total.of 14hrs.......went to training in Edinburgh left the house at 5pm got home at 11:20mp........effc training in.Edinburgh? George is an exceptional talent but being young and having a family and wanting the best for his family decided to withdraw his.contract from effc a after one training session......train local and attract local talent effc loss big time!!!!

kshjfc
Heard our former/current player g field signed for the club for a total.of 14hrs.......went to training in Edinburgh left the house at 5pm got home at 11:20mp........effc training in.Edinburgh? George is an exceptional talent but being young and having a family and wanting the best for his family decided to withdraw his.contract from effc a after one training session......train local and attract local talent effc loss big time!!!!

How's the hangover?