Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Big News

I may be wrong but weren't we told there would big news this week? Was it the latest signings that were the big news?

Re: Big News

Curious
I may be wrong but weren't we told there would big news this week? Was it the latest signings that were the big news?

I had hoped lessons might have been learned from last year with announcements like this.

What was this big news, is it still happening?

Big news = full of wind and pish.

I think the big news is going to be the announcement of the 3g or 4g surface that has possibly started being done.
Pitch looks a mess just now so cant be any other reason than this I would have thought.

Stadium Watcher
I think the big news is going to be the announcement of the 3g or 4g surface that has possibly started being done.
Pitch looks a mess just now so cant be any other reason than this I would have thought.

I hope this is true we are behind clubs such as Hamilton, Alloa, Airdrie, Clyde, Annan, Montrose, Brechin and others who have this installed and the club can feel part of the community to hire the pitch out. Love to see this happen at our club.

Cambuslang Fifer
Stadium Watcher

I hope this is true we are behind clubs such as Hamilton, Alloa, Airdrie, Clyde, Annan, Montrose, Brechin and others who have this installed and the club can feel part of the community to hire the pitch out. Love to see this happen at our club.

Brechin play on grass

meant to put forfar instead of brechin still like to see an all weather 3G surface at bayview and add to the other teams that do have astro and be part of the community as a club it's worked good at those clubs so why not at east fife, also would reduce the call offs/pitch inspections if we get bad weather. I think it's wonderful move if it happens even in this leauge let's just see.

I don't think it has done Montrose much good in footballing terms, nor Clyde and arguably Airdrie.

Playing on grass hasn't harmed Cowden or Dumbarton. It's more to do with how a club is run, it's vision, management etc. Too simplistic to say put in a plastic pitch and success will follow.

Cambuslang Fifer
meant to put forfar instead of brechin still like to see an all weather 3G surface at bayview and add to the other teams that do have astro and be part of the community as a club it's worked good at those clubs so why not at east fife, also would reduce the call offs/pitch inspections if we get bad weather. I think it's wonderful move if it happens even in this leauge let's just see.

Our players would also get used to playing on it that's surely a good advantage for playing away at Montrose and the other 3G pitches in the league.

A few ex-players have said that they would be disappointed if they pitch is ripped up. Saying that its probably one of the best surfaces in lower leagues.
Players don't like plastic pitches. Don't know if its due to muscle stiffness the day after or that it allegedly makes injuries worse.
Agree with the other post that says laying plastic won't turn us into an amazing club.

Might lead to less call offs, but the season we played at Montrose in freezing weather and the pitch was ridiculous. Players could barely keep their feet. Even Baikie agreed the game should be abandoned but the ref played on.

Don't think the pitch is being renewed soon as there was a machine spreading sand/soil like substance over it on Monday night

Newby
Don't think the pitch is being renewed soon as there was a machine spreading sand/soil like substance over it on Monday night

Am gutted now
this big news I hope it's not a lawn-more

Pleased its staying a grass pitch. If we have to have plastic I would prefer it not to be the main pitch and one outside of the stadium with its own facilities. Bayview should be for league football and East Fife players not pub players (though I realise for the past couple of seasons it's been hard to spot the difference). I also realise that would cost more but that should be our aim.

Did you all miss the big news? It was on the official site - Dave Marshall opened the church fete.

Was the "big news" just more hot air from the club then?

We signed 3 players. That would have been the big news. What were you's expecting?

DPH
We signed 3 players. That would have been the big news. What were you's expecting?

I wouldn't call that big news, we only had about 5 players left so obviously we had to start making some signings.

It's all relative!!!

3 New signings > Weekly Goldmine Draw > Dave Marshall Opens his Curtains

Big News > Not So Big News > Meh News

Hope this helps!!!