Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife Assistant Manager Vacancy

With Paul Hegarty leaving the role last week and most of the current coaches don't seem exicting or experience enough to make the step up as Gary's number 2 who would you want?
My money's on Sandy Clark is the only one I can think of.

For the post?
Age - does it matter but it's better to have younger experience coaches for the future don't you think.
Experience - vital for a club like ourselfs, too many have been appointed lack of tactics, knowledgement and passion at the club or the role they do at the club.
Coaching - have the ablity to coach players, motivate them and learn the players through their trade.
Also show the same passion as the manager on the touchline.

We have all seen
Derek Irons
Jason Dair
Scott Crabbe
Gordon Durie
Gordon Chisholm
Bob Malcolm
Paul Hegarty
But none have been as good as Craig Robertson was, is he still a scout at the dons?

Re: East Fife Assistant Manager Vacancy

Marv Andrews who lives in Kirkcaldy is free. Could be a decent addition to the coaching staff

Derek
Marv Andrews who lives in Kirkcaldy is free. Could be a decent addition to the coaching staff

Is he looking to do coaching? He doesn't seem like a football coach would lack coaching experience and I doubt he has any badges either but if he's wanting to do coaching like latapy has done at inverness then am fine with that, I was hoping someone experience though and want to do a job with gary.

Neale Cooper he's looking for a new club has left Ross Co.

Chances are it'll be someone Gary has worked or played with before, most likely from his time at Hearts or more recently Aberdeen. Aslong as it's someone with experience at a higher level then I'm Not exactly fussed.

I would go for a pairing of Marvin Andrews with Robbie Raeside as his assistant. Raeside could coach the team and Marvin could try to convince him of the error of his ways.

I think you will find that Dougie Anderson will be Gary's assistant next season.

Cheer's Coach
I think you will find that Dougie Anderson will be Gary's assistant next season.

Bit surprised if true the man history has been scout, development officer, first team coach with cowden to youth academy coach at Hibs then development manager in the borders to first team coach with us was looking for someone a bit more experience in man-management and in the role it's a big step up for him I say.

Gary already said he didnt feel there was enough work for 3 coaches with part time players so he wont be bringing anyone else in.

Not The Other Chairman
I would go for a pairing of Marvin Andrews with Robbie Raeside as his assistant. Raeside could coach the team and Marvin could try to convince him of the error of his ways.

I see what you did there

S-Pat
Not The Other Chairman

I see what you did there

So did I

Marvin Andrews would be a good idea he could help us pray that we win games and get out the dross league we are in. I would prefer Robbie Coltraine as at least he could give us 5 mins stand up at the end and send us away with a smile on our face