Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gary Naysmith

Surely must play himself next year?

He'd be a cut above the rest at this level. His experience and leadership could be pivotal.

Right back - Campbell - Rusty - Naysmith

obviously need to sign a right back but that looks pretty decent to me.

Re: Gary Naysmith

I've been thinking about this lately as well. I think it makes a lot of sense for him to play next season so that's one less signing we need to worry about bringing in and also, with a full pre-season worth of training under his belt, Naysmith will absolutely boss this league at left-back. I'm sure he could do a job in a number of other positions as well. Sadly though I don't think it will happen as he stated last season that if he's going to manage the team he wants to do it from the sidelines. Fingers crossed however.

He is and was a decent steady eddie LB good in the tackle, he's no some great ball olayer so where you think he is going to boss a game from LB i am perplexed. If he says he is not playing it will be for good reason best let him make the decisions. And the games he played for us he did not stand out let him manage he has a lot to prove

BT
He is and was a decent steady eddie LB good in the tackle, he's no some great ball olayer so where you think he is going to boss a game from LB i am perplexed. If he says he is not playing it will be for good reason best let him make the decisions. And the games he played for us he did not stand out let him manage he has a lot to prove

I think the phrase you are missing out there is "International Class"!!!

I don't think 46 International Caps would be handed out to just any "Steady Eddie Left Back", 46 and probably should have been more had he not lost two seasons (2004-5) to long term injury, we perhaps would be talking about one of the most capped all-time greats. Now I realise you are in no way slagging him off but perhaps it is time people took a reality check as to how good a player our Manager actually was!!!

Granted he may not be as good as he was when he was an EPL regular, time catching up and all that, but a player who has played at such a level as he has, at the age of only 35, should be good enough for at least a couple of seasons at the arseend of the Professional scottish game!!!

Give himself a good Pre-season, which he didn't have last year, and then let us see if his body is up to it or not, there is every chance it isn't and that is perhaps the real reason he hasn't played but he has never said that this is the case. Until he actually does come out and says he can't do it anymore and that is why he isn't stripped, then it will remain the case that the best LeftBack in the bottom two divisions wears a suit and stands in our dugout!!!