Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New signing

From official website:

"We are pleased to announce that midfielder Caolan McAleer has agreed terms with the club. Caolan was previously with Partick Thistle and was on loan to Airdrieonians."

Re: New signing

Promising young winger...... with a proper haircut.

Check it out at 5:30 and you will see our new No.7 in action!!!

http://vimeo.com/92423743#at=468

Good finish though!!!

Also, just to say that we might have won a watch with this one!!!

Only a few of Partick boys on PnB actually know who he is, but if it cheers anybody up, the Airdrie lot are absolutely fizzing that he has come to us, especially when they put quite a good offer in front off him apparently and were really keen on keeping him!!!

This is probably the best signing so far. This guy was one of Airdrie's best players last season and the club were mad keen on keeping him. I don't know why he was not keen on signing for them , but I think this is a great piece of negotiating. He took Airdrie's corners all the time and they scored an incredible number of goals from his crosses. Just what we needed. Great signing!!!

King Kebab
Check it out at 5:30 and you will see our new No.7 in action!!!

http://vimeo.com/92423743#at=468

Good finish though!!!

Poor decision-making. He clearly should have crossed it from there.

Some Bitterness from the Airdrie Fans for you!!!

Disappointing that losing out on player like mcaleer to a team we beat in avoiding relegation. Think bollan didnt rate him enough to offer decent contract or simply out bid by team of lower standing than us?

McAleer obviously has bags of ambition haha. East Fife will drain out any sort of potential he may have had when at us. If they offered him more money than us it's a sad day.

Are East Fife still trying/pretending to be full time? Might have made the difference if so

Haha. We did offer him a deal so I'm shocked he's dropped down a league. The two teams although were both at the bottom of the league most of the season were miles apart at the end. Also watched east fife at Clyde and Clyde should have won and your players looked utterly hopeless. Why sign for that?

I'm sure we can bring in someone just as good or better anyway so I wouldn't say I'm bitter

I think he is a wonderful signing, promise young kid didn't get much chances at Jags and was on-loan at airdrie and seem to be pretty good against us on the wings and is very pacey and creative. Still good enough to play at higher level and I hope he gets that chance with us, very good signing.

Can only see it as money driven unless as some people saying you've offered him full time?

He's a good player yes. Improved game by game very pacey can take on defenders and scored a few good goals. Should do well in the bottom tier.

Very disappointed at that. Complete lack of ambition on McAleer's part. Why play in the bottom tier when he could play here, for a team with his mates in it and who have a good chance of making the play - offs? Wouldn't have thought East Fife could offer more money but I guess they must have as I see no other reason to sign for that dross.

Disappointed McAleer didn't sign for us as I thought he had a big impact when he came in last season but I'm not going to criticise him for taking an offer with better wages.

Look for Mcaleer's goal against Dunfermline at EEP good player and very disappointed to lose him

With signings like this I can see us winning every game next season. Only question is by how much.

Since signing Mcaleer I wonder if lewis coult might follow

Here's this wonder goal against the Townies!!!

Unlike the quality productions you get at EFTV there is no timer but it's about an inch and a half along the drag bar along the bottom!!!

http://www.parstv.co.uk/upload/20140118airdrie.mp4

Nice finish!!!

methil gossip
Since signing Mcaleer I wonder if lewis coult might follow

We have 4 strikers already signed up for next season which is enough in my opinion. If we're going to add a 5th striker I would rather sign someone with a bit of experience because the whole squad apart from Rutkiewicz, is looking very young.

Kevin Kyle? Must be some age and would still do a job at this level and leauge one. Experience playing in English and scottish leauges would that fit the bill and we could offer him a player-coach role.

Aye can't wait for new season to start with some decent players, we'll have a completely new team, get promotion & beat that dross team called Airdrie!!!!!!! :-)

Noisy Crossbar
With signings like this I can see us winning every game next season. Only question is by how much.

Here we go. You think you would learn. We are consistently pish year on year.

Kipper prediction...

6th place finish.

Captain Kipper
Noisy Crossbar

Kipper prediction...

6th place finish.

Here we go again AS EXPECTED. Nothing to learn there, the negative pish coming oot as per usual, year on year, month on month, week on week, day on day, hour on hour....

I think Noisy Crossbar was posting tongue in cheek style, but you were too thick to pick up on that mate.

Flint prediction...

1st place finish.

Didn't expect this one as i thought he was Stenny or Albion bound.Hopefully he can kick on from last season and open up defences,something we saddly lacked last season.Personaly,i'd like a Div Muir like guy signed,who can play in midfeild and also central defence,if needed,as the 3 guys that we have for that postion are abit injury prone.Still, looking 100% better from last pre seasons shambles.

enfifer
Didn't expect this one as i thought he was Stenny or Albion bound.Hopefully he can kick on from last season and open up defences,something we saddly lacked last season.Personaly,i'd like a Div Muir like guy signed,who can play in midfeild and also central defence,if needed,as the 3 guys that we have for that postion are abit injury prone.Still, looking 100% better from last pre seasons shambles.

Could be that we have a Div Muir type already = Lewis Barr

Captain Flint
Captain Kipper
Noisy Crossbar

Kipper prediction...

6th place finish.

Here we go again AS EXPECTED. Nothing to learn there, the negative pish coming oot as per usual,
I think Noisy Crossbar was posting tongue in cheek style, but you were too thick to pick up on that mate.

Flint prediction...

1st place finish.

Yes because of all the fab success we've had recently and our recent glorious relegation optimism should abound eh?

It's not being negative pish, it's called being realistic.

1st place finish? Keep taking the tablets.

Is it not realistic to assume that the team with the biggest budget and biggest support will be at the top end of the table?

Furthermore, the bookies have us as favorite.

And when the pundits make their predictions, I'm sure you'll see a few with East Fife as their picks for the title.

Noisy Crossbar

Furthermore, the bookies have us as favorite.

And when the pundits make their predictions, I'm sure you'll see a few with East Fife as their picks for the title.

That would be like last season then.

Captain Flint
Captain Kipper
Noisy Crossbar

Kipper prediction...

6th place finish.

Here we go again AS EXPECTED. Nothing to learn there, the negative pish coming oot as per usual, year on year, month on month, week on week, day on day, hour on hour....

Flint prediction...

1st place finish.

Flint, you missed your methadone appointment Ya nugget

ya whore sir
Captain Flint
Captain Kipper
Noisy Crossbar

Kipper prediction...

6th place finish.

Flint prediction...

1st place finish.

Flint, you missed your methadone appointment Ya nugget

What's methadone? Is it sumthing tae dae wi Methil?

Great player now we need a goalkeeper and a few full backs

News from the official site:
Striker Cyrus Moosavi will remain with the club for a further one year.