Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arbroath

Scott McBride set to sign for the smokies, will join Linn, McManus and Stonie at Gayfield.

Re: Arbroath

East Fifer
Scott McBride set to sign for the smokies, will join Linn, McManus and Stonie at Gayfield.

Excellent news. Say what you like people but he's a junior player at best and the fact that he's signing for the Smokies, (our potential rivals next season) is good news for us.

Mcbride and McManus will do a great job in league 2.

DPH
Mcbride and McManus will do a great job in league 2.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about. Local guys coming back to haunt us.
I,ve said it before on here...but in the cool light of day, think we should have kept McBride and rest of the Fifers. Time will tell.....

Hmm, McManus and Linn played in a team that somehow finished below us. Should we be worried about that? Nah, McManus is not getting any younger or any better and Linn, well he has flattered to deceive for so long that if he is actually going to cut it as a decent footballer he would have done it long before now. Stoney was released because we are looking to improve on last season's squad so no worries there, the only one of that quartet I would be happy to still see play for us is McBride who I think we were a bit hasty in showing the door to.

Mcbride was shite,flattered to deceive far too many times,went missing in games and had no heart for a tackle,poor player and wont have any worries about him playing against us.

My god arbroath are like our feeder team or shall I say our reserve team..

Morrison
Stonie
Deuchar
McManus
Linn

Now McBride who next durie or clarke.

If naysmith makes a call on playing left-back again or if he doesn't and we actual sign a decent left-back position player in this summer we will have improved from last season, we never replaced Park and I thought stonie was better at wide midfield still early days.

It saddens me to witness Fife fans slating former players. Scott McBride was our top goalscorer in 2012-13 and after an injury stricken season popped up with two goals in the play-offs in our effort to beat the drop. Yes, Gary felt that we could strengthen in that area of the park and let Scott go but tough choices had to be made. All the best to Bridey, except obviously when he plays against East Fife.

Major Trophies r Us
It saddens me to witness Fife fans slating former players. Scott McBride was our top goalscorer in 2012-13 and after an injury stricken season popped up with two goals in the play-offs in our effort to beat the drop. Yes, Gary felt that we could strengthen in that area of the park and let Scott go but tough choices had to be made. All the best to Bridey, except obviously when he plays against East Fife.
I agree completely it saddens me every season I am always happy to see ex players have done for year's that is why I keep in touch with them and that's why they contact me to ask if I want tickets for away games

Albion have signed Scott Durie, Gary Fisher and Marc mckenzie and also the beast Gemmell, Albion look real favourites and durie has to be the best right back in leauge 2 was sad to see him go but we have to move on and he had to move on like the rest we let go of.

Durie the best right back in League 2? You've got to be joking eh?

Durie was decent going forward but lacked one key attribute of a defender... He can't defend! He was released for a reason... Being pish!

Eh?
Durie the best right back in League 2? You've got to be joking eh?

Durie was decent going forward but lacked one key attribute of a defender... He can't defend! He was released for a reason... Being pish!

This leauge maybe his level we kept him since crawford signed him and every season in leauge one maybe he lacked at east fife but moving on this could be a fresh start to him at albion in leauge two now we need a replacement.

Good luck Scott Durie.
Another one of the Fifers that should have been kept.
At 22 years old think his best footballing years are ahead of him.
(personal opinion, no doubt others will disagree).

Albion Rovers. Spending some money?
Darren Young replaces James Ward as Albion Rovers boss....

Darren Young is the new player-manager of Albion Rovers, replacing James Ward at Cliftonhill.
The 35-year-old former Aberdeen and Dunfermline midfielder has spent the last three seasons at Alloa.
And he will be assisted by Sandy Clark, who occupied the same role at Kilmarnock last season.

darntie
Albion have signed Scott Durie, Gary Fisher and Marc mckenzie and also the beast Gemmell, Albion look real favourites and durie has to be the best right back in leauge 2 was sad to see him go but we have to move on and he had to move on like the rest we let go of.

3 lightweight ex-Fifers who all played their part in getting us relegated and one ancient hammer thrower.

Move along now nothing to see here....

Durie is absolutely brutal.
Well rid.

Eh?
He was released for a reason... Being pish!

I like your style!

Eh?
He was released for a reason... Being pish!

If that was the case, we'd have had to release about 14 players. Oh, wait!

Don't know about anybody else but I'm getting a wee bit worried by likes of Albion Rovers and the like adding decent players to their squad while we don't have one yet,

Can anybody helpmeet rid of my fears?

New by
Don't know about anybody else but I'm getting a wee bit worried by likes of Albion Rovers and the like adding decent players to their squad while we don't have one yet,

There is always one isn`t there?

PRICK !!!!

New by
Don\'t know about anybody else but I\'m getting a wee bit worried by likes of Albion Rovers and the like adding decent players to their squad while we don\'t have one yet,

Yes I can. Some of these are East Fife rejects and they are not decent players.

Happier now?

Thanks Terracing Now I 'm feeling much much better, great, smashing, tip-top, over confident, league winners.

By the way Footie Bob can I have your brain, cos I'm building an idiot

Paul Sheerin has left Arbroath to take up a coaching role at Aberdeen.

Meanwhile, Clyde have appointed Barry Ferguson as player/manager.

You don't need to build another idiot my friend, you are one.

Anyway, this is about East Fife FC. Let's talk about new signings and prospects for the oncoming season.

Great comeback Footie Bob, do you write material for Frankie Boyle?

Comeback Kid
Great comeback Footie Bob, do you write material for Frankie Boyle?

But you're right let's talk about East Fife, what players are on the radar for signing up for next season?