Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fulham friendly

Confirmed on Fulham website for 5th July

Re: Fulham friendly

I know that this is going to seem like another moan, but is it not a bit disappointing that there appears to be better promotoion of tomorrows game versus Fulham on their site than there is on the home teams pages!!!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/

But at least the home club use a picture of the ground when it is full on their page, what a shitty photo Fulham have used!!!

King Kebab
I know that this is going to seem like another moan, but is it not a bit disappointing that there appears to be better promotoion of tomorrows game versus Fulham on their site than there is on the home teams pages!!!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/

But at least the home club use a picture of the ground when it is full on their page, what a shitty photo Fulham have used!!!

You do realise that this Fulham team are the same Fulham outfit that only last season were in the English Premiership and are owned by a billionaire? Little wonder they have staff that are almost certainly full time working on their website and not volunteers!

So yes, it was a moan KK! You should be pleased that Fulham took the time to describe our wee club to their fans.

Glad you agree with me!!!

Remember and tug at your forelock when you see them tomorrow!!!

But I think you are missing the main point of my post, which is this game is a massive coup for the Club and they deserve great credit in pulling it off and arranging it, the only thing being, if this game had been a bit more proactively advertised we could have been talking about an all ticket sell-out, not bad before the season starts and also at £10 a head a potential pre-season BruceyBonus of £20,000 in the coffers, the sort of money that might just of financed a couple of last minute deals for Gary!!!

So think on before you come out with the poor wee us crap!!!

King Kebab
Glad you agree with me!!!

Remember and tug at your forelock when you see them tomorrow!!!

But I think you are missing the main point of my post, which is if this game had been a bit more proactively advertised we could have been talking about an all ticket sell-out, not bad before the season starts and also at £10 a head a potential pre-season BruceyBonus of £20,000 in the coffers, the sort of money that might just of financed a couple of last minute deals for Gary!!!

So think on before you come out with the poor wee us crap!!!

Well get yourself on down to Bayview and volunteer your undoubted enterprising skills to the club.

Bored
Well get yourself on down to Bayview and volunteer your undoubted enterprising skills to the club.

Bit late now, the games tomorrow!!!

But I have been on other websites trying to drum up a bit of interest, what have you been doing???

King Kebab
Bored

But I have been on other websites trying to drum up a bit of interest, what have you been doing???

Well, I\'ve NOT been moaning about the club for starters and don\'t really need any info about Fulham FC. I\'m well aware believe it or not, that we play Fulham tomorrow as it is virtually impossible not to be aware of that, therefore will be attending the match of course. I do actually speak face to face with other people particularly family, friends & work colleagues and the Fulham game has been the subject many times. I know from these discussions that several of them will attend. How many totally unknown people you have \'met\' on websites do you know that are attending and how will you know that they have? Do you actually know their real names?

Have you been describing on these other websites about Fulham FC and how they did last season as part of doing your bit to stir up interest? If so, why haven\'t you done it on this website, so that more people know about our opposition today, as some might have been living in Outer Mongolia for most of their lives and haven\'t heard of Fulham FC before and think they are just a wee junior side?

King Kebab
Bored

I think there are a couple of things to bear in mind about this game. First, it's the 5th of July it's pretty early to be playing football in my book. People are just not that switched on to domestic football. The summer holidays have barely started, Wimbledon is still on and we haven't even had the Open! Which brings me to another point there will be plenty of people away on holiday and just not around for this match. And thirdly there is a World Cup on, people are getting their football fix from this and a friendly right now no matter who the opposition is just not going to compete. I'm certainly not going, too many other distractions right now and I don't fancy a long round trip drive either.

Bring on the Elgin for some meaningful football in a month!

No, they haven't had fuckin' Henley yet and we're playing football.

Dammmit forgot about Henley..

Class response Benito. I am in awe to your dedication to all things football.