Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pizza Delivery

Tried to order a pizza tonight,unfortunately had to go hungry.The pizza delivery insisted I had to block book a pizza every week for the rest of the year.They even said if I didnt want a pizza one week I would still have to pay for it.
Ive never heard the likes,anyone else encountered a system like this or is someone bullshitting me?

Re: Pizza Delivery

Hank Marvin
Tried to order a pizza tonight,unfortunately had to go hungry.The pizza delivery insisted I had to block book a pizza every week for the rest of the year.They even said if I didnt want a pizza one week I would still have to pay for it.
Ive never heard the likes,anyone else encountered a system like this or is someone bullshitting me?

Feeling your pain Hank. I had the same issue with a local Chinese take-away called Unfriendlies....Phoned up for a Chow Mine and the wifey on the phone asked if I was a member? Seemingly they now have an exclusive Unfriendly Club where if you join, you can have exclusive discounts,like free prawn crackers but not free delivery as you have to pay up front for transport.

Why not phone A1 Fast Food, Stagecoach Pizza Parlour & Miami and Williamson to find out?

Famished from Fife
Hank Marvin

Feeling your pain Hank. I had the same issue with a local Chinese take-away called Unfriendlies....Phoned up for a Chow Mine and the wifey on the phone asked if I was a member? Seemingly they now have an exclusive Unfriendly Club where if you join, you can have exclusive discounts,like free prawn crackers but not free delivery as you have to pay up front for transport.

Brilliant

My predicament was slightly different from the other two guys in that I actually was relying on my wife to order our takeaway,unfortunately she was unable to do this due to being scared of pizzas.

Brilliant stuff, keep it coming. Hope everybody takes it in good humour. Makes a great difference to the one-word posters who post things like Dickhead, Fud! prick etc

Still laughing

Hank Marvin

Order from Zaika, they have good pizzas and they deliver directly to your house without stopping at someone else's house.

A crisis develops within the SC and as usual the vultures are waiting in the wings to pick at the bones of anything associated with EFFC
The SC committee had barely arrived back from their annual congress in Bali and are faced with a decision as to whether they cancel the committee Christmas cruise or pay £50K up front for the seasons buses.
The decision not to cancel the cruise must have been a difficult one so the frivolous stories on this thread are unacceptable.
Earlier today I met a friend who was obviously depressed. He said that he could no longer go to EF away games so his wife offered him sex every second Saturday as long as he booked a whole season and paid up front. I asked him why he was depressed and he said he had weighed up the offer but had decided that watching Raith Rovers every second week was a more attractive option.
That puts silly pizza stories into perspective.

Not The Other Chairman
A crisis develops within the SC and as usual the vultures are waiting in the wings to pick at the bones of anything associated with EFFC
The SC committee had barely arrived back from their annual congress in Bali and are faced with a decision as to whether they cancel the committee Christmas cruise or pay £50K up front for the seasons buses.
The decision not to cancel the cruise must have been a difficult one so the frivolous stories on this thread are unacceptable.
Earlier today I met a friend who was obviously depressed. He said that he could no longer go to EF away games so his wife offered him sex every second Saturday as long as he booked a whole season and paid up front. I asked him why he was depressed and he said he had weighed up the offer but had decided that watching Raith Rovers every second week was a more attractive option.
That puts silly pizza stories into perspective.

Brilliant!!!