Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Money

These are some questions that hopefully someone from East Fife,supporters club and Jsc/youths can give answers.

1)How much money was raised from the £50 per head POTY dance?

2)How much money was raised by the auction at the event?

3)Some items donated by celebrities, where i'm lead to believe,was supposed to be for crowdfunding. If so then why has the crowdfunding figure not risen?

4)WHO gets the POTY Dance money?? East Fife Football Club, Supporters club or split?

5)How much money was raised by the club at the Sportsmans Brunch,with guest speaker Craig Brown, £15 per head plus cash taken for irish bingo, cash taken for 'giant' football ticket and cash taken for auctioned items.

6)The youths/Jsc did a fundraising walk last year.(apologies if incorrect but 5k for 5wks? or something similar.How much was raised? although by what I hear on this one then its a case of 'just give us what you've collected'

7)The crowdfunding money,when raised(£25k) is intended for a new club shop.What firm/firms have tendered an estimate of £25k for the job and if the money isn't released till late 2014 then will the estimate rise due to increased costs in material,labour etc.

As a suppoters club member then I know that any monies raised from a quiz night, xmas dance,wristband selling etc is recorded fairly quickly.

Most of the above(except No 7) seeks the same answer, how much money was raised at these events?

Fundraising is an integral part of East Fife Football club but without clarity then it will be open to question.

Re: Money

Good post.

Yes, and good luck seeking answers.

Money worries behind the scenes I hear.

Con-cerned
These are some questions that hopefully someone from East Fife,supporters club and Jsc/youths can give answers.

3)Some items donated by celebrities, where i\'m lead to believe,was supposed to be for crowdfunding. If so then why has the crowdfunding figure not risen?

4)WHO gets the POTY Dance money?? East Fife Football Club, Supporters club or split?

5)How much money was raised by the club at the Sportsmans Brunch,with guest speaker Craig Brown, £15 per head plus cash taken for irish bingo, cash taken for \'giant\' football ticket and cash taken for auctioned items.

6)The youths/Jsc did a fundraising walk last year.(apologies if incorrect but 5k for 5wks? or something similar.How much was raised? although by what I hear on this one then its a case of \'just give us what you\'ve collected\'

7)The crowdfunding money,when raised(£25k) is intended for a new club shop.What firm/firms have tendered an estimate of £25k for the job and if the money isn\'t released till late 2014 then will the estimate rise due to increased costs in material,labour etc.

As a suppoters club member then I know that any monies raised from a quiz night, xmas dance,wristband selling etc is recorded fairly quickly.

Most of the above(except No 7) seeks the same answer, how much money was raised at these events?

Fundraising is an integral part of East Fife Football club but without clarity then it will be open to question.

Can I ask you a few questions?

1. Why have you not asked the questions directly to the organisations above, rather than ask them on an unofficial forum which tends to put a negative slant on anything the club some of these people purport to support? Already a chap called pi is trying to say there are money problems, with no reference as to how he knows that?

2. By asking those sort of questions, do you not think you should be letting the organisations know who you are?

3. Would you expect (for example) the Raith Rovers board, supporters club etc to answer the same type of questions if you posted them on this, or their fans forums? If you do, do you think they would?

4. What are your reasons for asking the questions? You mentioned clarity and fundraising being brought into question - what do you mean? Are you suggesting misappropriation of the funds?

5. As a SC member, when was the last meeting you attended?

I hope none of the above organisations give your questions any serious thought and ignore them for what they are - questions to try and discredit the club, the SC, the EFSJC.

As for being a SC member, for me you can stick your £7 up where the sun don't shine, if this is your idea of supporting them. Ask your questions at the SC meetings, or by writing in the normal civilised manner, by way of a letter with your signature.

Well said Supporter. A good response to a post that barely deserved one

Supporter
Con-cerned

3)Some items donated by celebrities, where i\\\\\\\'m lead to believe,was supposed to be for crowdfunding. If so then why has the crowdfunding figure not risen?

5)How much money was raised by the club at the Sportsmans Brunch,with guest speaker Craig Brown, £15 per head plus cash taken for irish bingo, cash taken for \\\\\\\'giant\\\\\\\' football ticket and cash taken for auctioned items.

6)The youths/Jsc did a fundraising walk last year.(apologies if incorrect but 5k for 5wks? or something similar.How much was raised? although by what I hear on this one then its a case of \\\\\\\'just give us what you\\\\\\\'ve collected\\\\\\\'

7)The crowdfunding money,when raised(£25k) is intended for a new club shop.What firm/firms have tendered an estimate of £25k for the job and if the money isn\\\\\\\'t released till late 2014 then will the estimate rise due to increased costs in material,labour etc.

Can I ask you a few questions?

1. Why have you not asked the questions directly to the organisations above, rather than ask them on an unofficial forum which tends to put a negative slant on anything the club some of these people purport to support? Already a chap called pi is trying to say there are money problems, with no reference as to how he knows that?

2. By asking those sort of questions, do you not think you should be letting the organisations know who you are?

3. Would you expect (for example) the Raith Rovers board, supporters club etc to answer the same type of questions if you posted them on this, or their fans forums? If you do, do you think they would?

4. What are your reasons for asking the questions? You mentioned clarity and fundraising being brought into question - what do you mean? Are you suggesting misappropriation of the funds?

5. As a SC member, when was the last meeting you attended?

I hope none of the above organisations give your questions any serious thought and ignore them for what they are - questions to try and discredit the club, the SC, the EFSJC.

As for being a SC member, for me you can stick your £7 up where the sun don\\\'t shine, if this is your idea of supporting them. Ask your questions at the SC meetings, or by writing in the normal civilised manner, by way of a letter with your signature.

i am concerned that your concerned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.