Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
squad

Squad still looking dull, couple good signings and a few not sure off, think we need a couple full backs, a keeper and another midfielder, no new striker after Cyrus signed. Never really seen him play is he any good?

Re: squad

Cyrus is a young guy, inexperienced at this level. With the right coaching and support he may develop into a 1st team player.

Cyrus will be a revelation for us this year. Surely he can kick on from that.

Slightly worried about lack of signings! Barely got a team so far.

Scott Young
Cyrus will be a revelation for us this year. Surely he can kick on from that.

Based on what?

Based on performances I have seen him in....

Scott Young

You pissed at the time?
The lads murder.

Scott Young

Are you on the wind up?

Scott Young

Why do you have an infatuation with him? Bit creepy.

When he turns out to be class there is going to be a lot of people looking like right fuds here....

Scott Young
When he turns out to be class there is going to be a lot of people looking like right fuds here....

No disrespect to the guy, he is a better player than anyone that posts on this forum, but he was offered a new contract purely out of sympathy due to him picking up a bad injury last season. He'll maybe turn in some decent performances for the reserves once fit but it is unlikely he will be anywhere near the first team.

Scott Young

He's never going to turn out class, why was he club less before east fife? Why was he pish in every game? May be harsh but he's a waste of a wage that could of strengthed elsewhere.

Cr
Scott Young

He's never going to turn out class, why was he club less before east fife? Why was he pish in every game? May be harsh but he's a waste of a wage that could of strengthed elsewhere.

True we need put wages on full-backs we are short of them and no news on naysmith making a return.

Anyone else got a problem reading the Squad Updates 2014/15 thread? I can't see anything after May 25th.

Jack
Anyone else got a problem reading the Squad Updates 2014/15 thread? I can't see anything after May 25th.
That's page 1, click on page 2 at bottom of page.

Note - make appointment with optician.

Fraser mullin has signed delighted with that

Just looking at his history. There can't be many players who have missed a penalty agaginst Auchinlck Talbot and scored against Gibraltar.

The Methil Milan Season 2014-15

Keepers;

Allan Fleming
Dylan Rooney
Conner Shaw

Defense;

Fraser Mullen
Stevie Campbell
Kevin Rutkinwicz
Gary Naysmith???
Ewan Moyes
Liam Woolley

Midfield;

Caolan McAleer
Alan Walker
Ross Brown
Alan Cook
Lewis Barr
Cyrus Mossavi
Dylan Honeyman
David Maskrey

Forwards;

Jon McShane
Kevin Smith
Nathan Austin
Daryl Falconer

Perhaps a bit more expierience needed up front, but all in all it appears to be shaping up quite nicely!!!

Allan Fleming

Fraser Mullen - Stevie Campbell - Kevin Rutkinwicz - Gary Naysmith???

Caolan McAleer - Alan Walker - Ross Brown - Alan Cook

Jon McShane - Kevin Smith

Good starting 11!!!

King Kebab
Allan Fleming

Good starting 11!!!

Is that Cyrus dropped already?

KotS
King Kebab
Allan Fleming

Good starting 11!!!

Be fair KotS, the guy is seriously injured, I would hope that you do realise that I would at least have the decency to wait until he is fully fit before dropping his arse from the squad for reasons of abject pishness???

KotS
King Kebab
Allan Fleming

Good starting 11!!!

I thought Naysmith made it pretty clear he won't be playing again?

Terracing Now!
KotS
King Kebab
Allan Fleming

Good starting 11!!!

I thought Naysmith made it pretty clear he won't be playing again?

That's a bit rough isn't it???

I know he's pish, but surely the Manager of all people should be giving an injured player a target to be aiming for!!!