Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gala game

Looking forward to seeing the Fife tomorrow night come on the Fife

Re: Gala game

Other than World Cups and the Euros football should not be being played in June.
Or even July if I had my way. The school holidays have just started FFS!

I hope we start our pre-season with a win away from home and hope to see the next youngsters get a game ie falconer, wolley and maskrey get on at some stage of the game and have match experience from the game. I would rather watch east fife than the world cup tbh nothing exicting watching football on tele so be cheering on east fife today at 8pm instead

Does anyone know the line-up

1 nil to the Fife Penalty 11th min

the trialists are Scott Smith and Jamie Beaton. Im sure both were released by hibs? not sure.

2-0 38th min

Any chance someone at the game could post the team and positions?

3-0 78th min

East Fife Team vs Gala

21. Dylan Rooney - GK
2. Fraser Mullen - Right Back
3. Scott Smith (Trailist A) - Left-back ex-Hibs, Dumbarton and East Fife loan 2 seasons ago untill it expired and signed for Sons, scored a belter of a goal at Bayview Vs Forfar Ath back then.
4. Ewan Moyes - Centre Back
5. Steven Campbell - Centre Back
6. Allan Walker - Midfield
7. Caolan McAleer - Midfield
8. Jamie Beaton - Midfield (Trailist B)
10. Kevin Smith - Striker
11. Alan Cook - Midfield
19. Nathan Austin - Striker

Subs:-
12. Lewis Barr - Midfielder (on second half for Moyes)
14. Liam Wooley - Centre Back
15. Craig Wallace - ?
16. Dean Elder - ?
17. David Maskrey - Midfielder
18. Daryl Falconer - Striker
20. Jon McShane - Striker (came on second half and scored third goal)
22. Gary Naysmith - Left-back (came on second half)

*missing was youngster Dylan Honeyman has a injury i herd and Goalie Allan Fleming from that list must had an injury.

was a good 3-0 win we now travel away to face Preston Ath in Prestonpans on Tuesday night, its looking good as we prepare for Leauge Two ahead #monTheFife!

Good game at Gala, team looking good, Alan Fleming on honeymoon & Ross Brown picked up knock at training!!

Ross Brown has an injury was in the stand Fleming is on holiday, Ross will have no problem getting into that team.

Obviously a first run out for the squad and a first look at all the new faces.All the guys that were there got a game and there were some interesting performances as they shook the rust off.
For me Smith who played left back 1st half then centre defence in the second was the outstanding performer,very assured in both positions.
Cook also looked bright both on the left and the right flanks when he rotated with McAleer,a real threat going forward and put in some decent deliveries from dead balls.
Walker also done well in central mid,good range of passes.
Naysmith came on at left back and looked excellent,hopefully he decides to continue with the playing side as he is a real asset on the pitch.
All in all an interesting exercise and looking forward to seeing the squad progress and gel together.
As a wee side note it was nice to see two ex fifers in the Gala ranks,big John Dodds had some good saves in goal and Sean Palicka came on in the 2nd half to test the defence with numerous pacey direct runs forward.

Just wondering how the younger players played ie falconer, woolley and maskrey

Who was the physio?