Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Board Resignation

Earlier today I resigned as a director of East Fife FC.

Here is the text of my letter to the chairman.
Dear Lee

It is with some regret that I write to inform you of my decision to resign from the Board of East Fife FC with immediate effect.

After careful consideration I have concluded that I can no longer contribute to the operations of the club in the current circumstances.

I wish you and the club every success for the future.I will still be supporting the club and will maintain my personal season ticket.

As I was initially appointed to the Board to represent the interests of the East Fife Supporters’ Trust, I would hope that it will be possible to have a replacement director from the Trust.

Your sincerely

Re: Board Resignation

As your position was that of a representative of the Trust and that you weren't there in a personal capacity Eugene, I would have hoped that your final paragraph, referring to the continuation of the Trust's position on the Board of E.F.F.C. would have been sorted out and finalised in black and white before your resignation was handed in!!!

I have no idea if your decision has been for personal or for professional reasons, but at the end of the day your position was that of Trust Representative/Liaison and that is the important factor here, one must only hope that a new Rep would and will be welcomed as readily into the new Board as the position was previously!!!

It took a lot of hard work to get the Trust into this enviable position (you should know you were part of it), it would be a shame if it was all lost now!!!

Hope it wasn’t for personal reasons!!!

Had hoped it was Hamilton when I saw the title. Sorry to hear that you've had to stand down Eugene.

It's the "in the current circumstances" bit that sets my alarm bells ringing.

What circumstances (if not personal ones, which it doesn't seem to indicate) are so bad to make it impossible for Eugene to be a part of it all?

Hopefully Trust members will all get a full debrief.

Very concerning what may be happening behind the scenes.

Which raises another (maybe similar?) matter as to what is happening with the shares and ownership transfer from the previous ownership group?

This is really worrying I have to say. I hope there is an emergency trust meeting to discuss this.
Reading between the lines, there is definitely something fishy going on.

Is this the reason: Rankin will continue to own East Fife and there will be no transfer of shares? I know this has been rumbling on and on?

I'm only guessing but I do suspect something like this.

All this almost 12 months to the day of the "revolution" meeting.

GUTTED

Thank you for your hard work that you have put in,you were like Harry Blyth a breath of fresh air in the club,I also was hoping it was Hamilton as well,I am hoping that we will still see you at away games, as I am not attending home games good luck .
Kenny

zak
Thank you for your hard work that you have put in,you were like Harry Blyth a breath of fresh air in the club,I also was hoping it was Hamilton as well,I am hoping that we will still see you at away games, as I am not attending home games good luck .
Kenny

How come you aren't attending home games Zak?

I have had enough of arseholes at bayview.

You talking about home fans or officials?

Directors.

To get back on topic, as surely no one cares about Zak's 'ah'm no playin any more' crap, very sorry to hear you've resigned Eugene. I know how hard you worked and the pride you had in holding the position and I'm sure that, whatever the reason, it was taken with a heavy heart.

Fat Doug
To get back on topic, as surely no one cares about Zak\\\'s \\\'ah\\\'m no playin any more\\\' crap, very sorry to hear you\\\'ve resigned Eugene. I know how hard you worked and the pride you had in holding the position and I\\\'m sure that, whatever the reason, it was taken with a heavy heart.

Well said- sorry to hear of your resignation Eugene.

I would like to put myself forward as the new Director.

Thank you for your hard as part of the director and head of the supporters trust, sorry to see you have to stand down.

I agree with King Kebab Eugene. If there were issues that impact on the Trust then the Trust Executive should have made the decision to withdraw its representative and that only after further representation to the board.
If it was a personal issue again the Trust Executive should have had input prior to any announcement. I think you have either misunderstood your role or alternatively misrepresented your position. I believe the Trust Executive should have managed their Reps resignation not the individual.
I also believe the content of your letter gives rise to create conspiracy theories on a predominantly negative social media platform. I don't think this helpful to the Trust.

Sorry to hear this and good luck with future plansM3

zak
Kenny

Not going to home games anymore? You've kept that to yourself. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

martin black
If there were issues that impact on the Trust then the Trust Executive should have made the decision to withdraw its representative and that only after further representation to the board.
If it was a personal issue again the Trust Executive should have had input prior to any announcement. I think you have either misunderstood your role or alternatively misrepresented your position. I believe the Trust Executive should have managed their Reps resignation not the individual.
I also believe the content of your letter gives rise to create conspiracy theories on a predominantly negative social media platform. I don\\\'t think this helpful to the Trust.

Hear, Hear!!!

As I see it, at the end of the day, it is outwith Eugene's remit to resign the position, it wasn't his, it was the Trust's. Yes, he could leave the position but he could have/should have been replaced, without the need of the, what is quite frankly, an unhelpful histrionic filled resignation letter!!!

It is through all of Eugene's previous excellent work that shows how important this position is too the Common Fan, it cannot be lost!!!

Awaiting comment from The Trust!!!

"i'm 100% behind Jonathan,as long as he's bending over at the time."

martin black
I agree with King Kebab Eugene. If there were issues that impact on the Trust then the Trust Executive should have made the decision to withdraw its representative and that only after further representation to the board.
I also believe the content of your letter gives rise to create conspiracy theories on a predominantly negative social media platform. I don\'t think this helpful to the Trust.

You love this predominantly negative social media platform don't you. Go on, admit it

If Eugene wishes to resign, he can do so - no need to seek permission/approval from the Trust. If the trust does not wish to have a representative on this board, then that is a different matter. No doubt the trust will ask questions as to why their rep resigned, but answers are at Eugene's discretion.

If you honestly understood the role of the trust reps role then you would see you asked and answered the issue in your reply. Sometimes its fortunate to reply anonymously.

martin black

I have never before agreed with Martin black but I have to make an exception on this occasion. He is 100% correct.

What a bunch of ARSEHOLES I agree with him oh and I agree with him,It\'s up to Eugene if he wants to resign you lot just sit back and let other people do all the work if it doesn\'t suit yous you fucking moan sit on a computer and moan about everything and everyone.I am sure Eugene would have spoken to the right personal before he decided to resign all I can say is that you\'re a bunch of moaning faced cunts and two faced bastards,bring it on.

Noisy_Crossbar

If Eugene wishes to resign, he can do so - no need to seek permission/approval from the Trust. If the trust does not wish to have a representative on this board, then that is a different matter. No doubt the trust will ask questions as to why their rep resigned, but answers are at Eugene's discretion.

Technically he can't!!!

Eugene is free to leave the position if he so wishes, the issue here is that he appears to have resigned the position from the Club's Board, which is the main point of contrition, the position wasn’t his to resign, it was the Trust’s!!!

The idea, as I understand it, is that the position of Trust Rep on the Board is that it is interchangeable and also in perpetuity. By that I mean, if the current incumbent has had enough, for whatever reason, somebody else can move into the role when required, this is what I think both Martin and myself are saying, in this instance, should have happened here. But in this case it appears that Eugene has, “after careful consideration”, concluded that he “can no longer contribute to the operations of the club in the current circumstances”, by his own remit as the Trust Representative he should have first went to the Board of the Trust first to inform them of his decision to step down from the role and to then help set a timescale towards putting a replacement for the position in place!!!

By openly resigning from the Board of E.F.F.C. Eugene has nullified the position of Trust Representative on the Board, this is the worry!!!

As was said before it took a lot of hard work and Fan’s money to eventually get such a position put in place, a position I may add, that is the envy of many other Trusts (not all have Representatives on their respective Club’s Boards) and to have it possibly thrown away in a fit of pique is a very poor show indeed!!!

Hopefully though, perhaps none of this will come to pass and Eugene has actually been keeping the Trust fully up to date with his reasons and actions and we are worrying about nothing and we can look forward to the naming of the "New" Trust Rep very soon and perhaps, unless of course they are personal, the reasons why our first Trust Rep felt he was unable to carry on in the position, this openess is of course the ititial remit and reason the position was created!!!

But the lack of comment from any Trust spokesperson is worrying!!!

zak
What a bunch of ARSEHOLES I agree with him oh and I agree with him,It\\\'s up to Eugene if he wants to resign you lot just sit back and let other people do all the work if it doesn\\\'t suit yous you fucking moan sit on a computer and moan about everything and everyone.I am sure Eugene would have spoken to the right personal before he decided to resign all I can say is that you\\\'re a bunch of moaning faced cunts and two faced bastards,bring it on.

Keep thum coming Zak,yer brightning up ma morning.Maybe you shid jine the board.A kin jist see it,you, Murray un Hamilton sitting in the board room,drinking the rest o the "sparkling wine",thit wiz left oor fi the player o the year dance.

Maybe it's time we heard something from someone within the club about what happens now going forward...

I agree with most of your post, with the exception of this bit.

King Kebab

By openly resigning from the Board of E.F.F.C. Eugene has nullified the position of Trust Representative on the Board, this is the worry!!!

I'm sure that once all this is worked through a new trust rep will be on the east fife board.

Anyway, we need conspiracy theories and rumours to keep us going through the close season. My thinking is that Eugene has uncovered that Danskin is still the main power at east fife.

As a long-standing, hard working, always involved man of integrity (I do attend all of the meetings) I would like to put my name forward as the next Trust rep on the Board of Directors.
I'm sure those that who know me will back me 100% and know that East Fife is engraved on my heart. I will give any time required to my responsibility and ensure the fans of East Fife are kept up to speed on any developments (unlike in the past).

Unfortunately I could only commit myself to one season as my international duties will require my attention for season 15/16. NTOC, I'm ready for my interview.

It would be grand if Eugene could let us know why he resigned. I'm sure his reasons were fine but as a fan I'm slightly worried as to what caused it. If it was a personal fall out I highly doubt he'd have posted about his resignation here.

I'd imagine there will be some sort of agreement of confidentiality between Eugene and the club.
Still think the club needs to come out and make some sort of statement, though.

Keep thum coming Zak,yer brightning up ma morning.Maybe you shid jine the board.A kin jist see it,you, Murray un Hamilton sitting in the board room,drinking the rest o the "sparkling wine",thit wiz left oor fi the player o the year dance.[/quote]
Great idea I am sure the three of us could find away to piss off the fans even more and keep aftn from going under and keep giving you more to moan about maybe start a spelling class for you to start with.

zak
Keep thum coming Zak,yer brightning up ma morning.Maybe you shid jine the board.A kin jist see it,you, Murray un Hamilton sitting in the board room,drinking the rest o the \\\"sparkling wine\\\",thit wiz left oor fi the player o the year dance.

Great idea I am sure the three of us could find away to piss off the fans even more and keep aftn from going under and keep giving you more to moan about maybe start a spelling class for you to start with.

[/quote]

From Zak, who has just posted the longest sentence ever without any punctuation marks.

Kin if i see zak attention seeking again ill scream saying oh i wont be at home games cause of a director and this and that, your only a supporter not a director or anything to do with the running of the club so pick up your dummy and man up not getting your own way and stop going is childish but i kin ill get the zak suck ups saying how much of a cunt i am

zak
What a bunch of ARSEHOLES I agree with him oh and I agree with him,It\\\\\\\'s up to Eugene if he wants to resign you lot just sit back and let other people do all the work if it doesn\\\\\\\'t suit yous you fucking moan sit on a computer and moan about everything and everyone.I am sure Eugene would have spoken to the right personal before he decided to resign all I can say is that you\\\\\\\'re a bunch of moaning faced cunts and two faced bastards,bring it on.

Did both brain cells get the fair fortnight zak?

Mountains and molehills spring to mind. To paraphrase ' never has so much been said about so little.' Big snogs to you all.

Cheekie Chappy
\"i\'m 100% behind Jonathan,as long as he\'s bending over at the time.\"

Great.

Can I have a Seconder?

Eugene Clarke
Earlier today I resigned as a director of East Fife FC.

Here is the text of my letter to the chairman.
Dear Lee

It is with some regret that I write to inform you of my decision to resign from the Board of East Fife FC with immediate effect.

After careful consideration I have concluded that I can no longer contribute to the operations of the club in the current circumstances.

I wish you and the club every success for the future.I will still be supporting the club and will maintain my personal season ticket.

As I was initially appointed to the Board to represent the interests of the East Fife Supporters’ Trust, I would hope that it will be possible to have a replacement director from the Trust.

Your sincerely

Any chance you can explain why you resigned?
This post smacks of "it`s my ball" and really cant see the point in posting it without giving us the full story tbh.

Over to you Mr ex board member.

Is this a wind up?

The silence from both the trust and the club to such an important event re supporters is worrying. A new age of transparency was announced a year ago by the club and yet the resignation of the fans board member has not been mentioned on its website. Knowing Eugene's commitment that I feel it is something of great import to cause his sudden resignation. This unknown reason and the uncertain future of fan's representation on the board should be of concern to all.

Perhaps the board could prove their words of a year ago and clarify the situation or at least acknowledge the resignation. The reasons for which may be disputed as to who should reveal them, but I feel this sudden event needs explaining by one of the three parties involved ie. board, trust or Eugene.

What the fuck is going on at the club?? Turning into a complete shambles!! And when does Lee Murray gain full control off club??

JJ
Is this a wind up?

The silence from both the trust and the club to such an important event re supporters is worrying. A new age of transparency was announced a year ago by the club and yet the resignation of the fans board member has not been mentioned on its website. Knowing Eugene\'s commitment that I feel it is something of great import to cause his sudden resignation. This unknown reason and the uncertain future of fan\'s representation on the board should be of concern to all.

Perhaps the board could prove their words of a year ago and clarify the situation or at least acknowledge the resignation. The reasons for which may be disputed as to who should reveal them, but I feel this sudden event needs explaining by one of the three parties involved ie. board, trust or Eugene.

You knowing Eugene's commitment would suggest you know Eugene well enough to ask him to elaborate on his resignation, so why don't you ask him if you are so interested? He is the person who has resigned and knows his reasons for doing so.

As for the numpty who posted after you suggesting the club is in a shambles, well if you don't know what over-reacting means, there is a classic case!

Has it occurred to either of you, that the chairman may be on holiday, business or simply unavailable to comment for some other valid reason and it is not the responsibility of anyone else at the club to make any statement.

Now be good boys, just enjoy the rest of the world cup along with our friendly games and stop trying to stir things up.

Bored
JJ
Is this a wind up?

The silence from both the trust and the club to such an important event re supporters is worrying. A new age of transparency was announced a year ago by the club and yet the resignation of the fans board member has not been mentioned on its website. Knowing Eugene\\\'s commitment that I feel it is something of great import to cause his sudden resignation. This unknown reason and the uncertain future of fan\\\'s representation on the board should be of concern to all.

You knowing Eugene\'s commitment would suggest you know Eugene well enough to ask him to elaborate on his resignation, so why don\'t you ask him if you are so interested? He is the person who has resigned and knows his reasons for doing so.

As for the numpty who posted after you suggesting the club is in a shambles, well if you don\'t know what over-reacting means, there is a classic case!

Has it occurred to either of you, that the chairman may be on holiday, business or simply unavailable to comment for some other valid reason and it is not the responsibility of anyone else at the club to make any statement.

Now be good boys, just enjoy the rest of the world cup along with our friendly games and stop trying to stir things up.

You obviously weren't at the Fulham game because all parties were there...now come down off your sanctimonious perch please (be a good boy now)

It's taken a week but I see that the Club have acknowledged Eugene's resignation on the Official Site!!!

Board Resignation
Tuesday, 08 July 2014 13:07

The Board of East Fife FC would like to thank Eugene Clarke for all his hard work and endeavours over the years on the East Fife Board of Directors as the Supporters' Trust Representative and we would like to wish him all the best in the future.

Chairman - Lee Murray

And just four minutes later;

Associate Director Appointment
Tuesday, 08 July 2014 13:11

The Board, last night, appointed Mr Douglas Briggs as an Associate Director. Douglas has had previous experience with the Club and was pleased to be reappointed. Welcome back, Douglas.

Lee Murray - Chairman

Now we're just awaiting some kind of statement regarding Fan Representation on the Board, the worry being is there any positions left available now, with the appointment of Dougie is there room???

Has the Trust's Boardroom position been lost???

Is it East Fife or Eastvale! Lee Murray ex player - Davie Hamilton ex player, Manager, Secretary - Dougie Briggs - committee member

our staff now looks like this:

Lee Murray (Chairman)

David Hamilton (Vice Chairman)

Jim Stevenson (Company Secretary)

John Donaldson (Director/Safety Officer)

John Barclay (Director)

David Marshall (Director)

Robert Cargill (Match Secretary/Associate Director)

Douglas Briggs (Associate Director)

David Stevenson (Associate Director)

Liam Anderson (Associate Director)

Harry Blyth (Associate Director)

Gary Naysmith (Manager)

Dougie Anderson (Assistant Manager)

Alex Cannon (Goalkeeper Coach)

Lauren Stenhouse (Club Physio)

David Montador (Groundsman)

Dennis Cook, Leona Guidi, Carolyn Graham (Admin)

Jim Corstorphine (Club Photographer)

Volunteers: Shona Cargill, Dave Brodie, Ernie McGarr, Caroline Maxwell, Kathy Milligan, Denis Nicol, Peter Wright, John Keddie , Nancy Liddle, Craig Bernard and Ian Cook.

Graeme Mackay (EFTV)

bored must be too bored to go to friendlies
Bored
JJ
Is this a wind up?

The silence from both the trust and the club to such an important event re supporters is worrying. A new age of transparency was announced a year ago by the club and yet the resignation of the fans board member has not been mentioned on its website. Knowing Eugene\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s commitment that I feel it is something of great import to cause his sudden resignation. This unknown reason and the uncertain future of fan\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s representation on the board should be of concern to all.

You knowing Eugene\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s commitment would suggest you know Eugene well enough to ask him to elaborate on his resignation, so why don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t you ask him if you are so interested? He is the person who has resigned and knows his reasons for doing so.

As for the numpty who posted after you suggesting the club is in a shambles, well if you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know what over-reacting means, there is a classic case!

You obviously weren\\\'t at the Fulham game because all parties were there...now come down off your sanctimonious perch please (be a good boy now)

Obviously you see someone and think that they haven't had a life before you saw them, so must have been at Bayview all their life if they are there when you are too! Be a good boy and learn about human life!

As I was initially appointed to the Board to represent the interests of the East Fife Supporters’ Trust

That's an interesting choice of phrase Eugene has used in his OP, to me that reads as though when he resigned he was no longer the trust rep on the board.

The continued silence from Eugene or the Trust is deafening.

Still waiting for any email update from the Trust about the issue, who might be taking the place (if anyone) and how they would be appointed.

Whatever your thoughts on Eugene's resignation that is simply poor communication.

Trust Member
Still waiting for any email update from the Trust about the issue, who might be taking the place (if anyone) and how they would be appointed.

Whatever your thoughts on Eugene's resignation that is simply poor communication.

Why don't YOU email the trust and ask?

Bored
Obviously you see someone and think that they haven't had a life before you saw them, so must have been at Bayview all their life if they are there when you are too! Be a good boy and learn about human life!

This thread is like the last one from kk, Limp lettuce.

KK can toss my lettuce anytime.

Gooooooorgeous x

Is Liam Anderson not involved with the trust.Could he not represent the trust at board meetings ?.

Bored
Trust Member

Whatever your thoughts on Eugene\'s resignation that is simply poor communication.

Why don't YOU email the trust and ask?

Hiya Jocky, Hiya pal.

Thanks to Eugene for his service to EFST, concerned at no replacement mentioned so far. Would love to see someone like Kerriann or Caroline on board for a bit of a shake up. I'm sure the board would be very happy to have a female of the species on board as a rep and would have good support for this.
The publicity would be good for both the fans and the club.

Kerriann would have our support here at AFTN.

She's been involved with the trust since day one and the removal of Broony, but more importantly she won't be afraid the ask the questions that need to be asked.

Does this have to go to a vote of Trust members?

Kerriann would be a great choice as trust rep and would certainly get my vote.

I agree if she is well enough to do it :)

Yeh gets my vote too!

I think Allan Duthie is the obvious choice. He is the hardest working trust member and puts a huge amount of effort into the programme for example.
Nothing against the other candidates put forward but I think they would agree with this assessment too

Alan Duthie , for me

mr305
Alan Duthie , for me

I can't agree more count me in.

Interested candidates for the position should put their names forward and go through the proper voting procedure. It's the only way.