Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Squad Updates

Anyone have any news of new signings, signing rumours, possible targets etc? Think we are still 2 or 3 players light.

Re: Squad Updates

I heard again we are going to approach bowhill for some certain centre half called corrie he has been capped twice this year for scotland amateurs and is rumoured to be a bit tasty.Maybe given a run out against Hibs.

The Bowhill centre half is more in the Stevie Campbell mould than an out and out stopper. My view is that we more need the latter?

Broon Penny
I heard again we are going to approach bowhill for some certain centre half called corrie he has been capped twice this year for scotland amateurs and is rumoured to be a bit tasty.Maybe given a run out against Hibs.

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/bowhill-boy-making-his-mark-with-scotland-1-3465498

Is Ross Campbell eligible to play tomorrow?
Thought he has done very good in these last few games and would add to our striker department what we have.

Experience keeper in or on-loan keeper from one of the spl sides and would help the two young keepers we have and toughing them out and learn. Though Rooney is been great, very impressed with him since Clyde game and Fleming has had a shakey start since joining this summer but is improving like we saw when we played Hamilton and will do as the months go by at the club and third keeper and goalie coach we have would toughen both keepers in their trade at the club and be great between the sticks in the future ahead at the moment I think Rooney is better but no much between them I leave it over to the gaffer to choose.

Remember Fleming is no novice. I think he is 31 year old which I suppose is fairly youngish for a goalkeeper. Don't think we are likely to see an addition to goalkeeping area.

Any news on whether we are signing Ross Campbell or not ? Still think we are a striker and CH short but we don't seem to have been awash with trialists other than Campbell. We defo need options in case of injuries and suspensions.

I think that we are a centre half and a striker away from having a very good squad. Hopefully Ross Campbell signs, a proven goal scorer and has looked very impressive in the friendlies. The balance of the squad looks a hell of a lot better than last season already.

Connor shaw has signed for east Stirling.

East STIRLING OFFICIAL WEBSITE STATES IT SIGNED A CONNOR GREENE NO MENTION OF A CONNOR SHAW.

Cr
Connor shaw has signed for east Stirling.
I had heard that too. does anyone know if cambell can play tomorrow?

Big Rab
East STIRLING OFFICIAL WEBSITE STATES IT SIGNED A CONNOR GREENE NO MENTION OF A CONNOR SHAW.

If you look at more than the second article you'll see it.

Shire coach Craig Tully has made four additions to his squad ahead of this weekend’s final pre-season friendly against Peterhead at Grangemouth Stadium. Highly-promising youngsters Paul Brennan and Andy Kay have both put pen to paper along with former East Fife goalkeeper Connor Shaw. Midfielder Steven Brisbane has also agreed in principle a move after

Thanks I stand Corrected

Ross Campbell has signed for the season.