Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New sponsors

Our new sponsors are M&H Logistics, D McQueen and Jarvie Plant Hire.

Re: New sponsors

M&H Logistics - a glorified pallet business who, by some huge coincidence, happen to sponsor Hamilton and are the official logistics partner to Glasgow Rangers.

The Chairman of this Glasgow based firm also publicly supports the 'No' campaign.

Why is this a problem? I can think of a number of reasons for not wanting sponsership from certain parties. But coming from Glasgow and being in favour of the No campaign don't even come close to being any of them. And just for the sake of clarity I intend to vote Yes come September.

I for one like how the draw for the new logo on the new tops have appeared in that order and it's looks good for Hamilton in hoops, I for one like to see a company sponsor east fife football club for more than a year we seem to change sponsors every season on the front of the shirt only if that company gives the club good value of money it can work but happy for now.
I can't wait till it goes on sale in the cup shop and be model by players and maybe get a braw looking lassie in to wear it and it will be flying off the shelves in no time

Benito
M&H Logistics - a glorified pallet business who, by some huge coincidence, happen to sponsor Hamilton and are the official logistics partner to Glasgow Rangers.

The Chairman of this Glasgow based firm also publicly supports the 'No' campaign.

I agree with Benito. When M&H were drawn out of the hat first their ticket should have been thrown away and the draw continued until a company which sells ordinary pallets,partners Celtic and supports the Yes campaign won it.
I think Fife Council have let you down badly because your carer obviously gave you no help when you wrote that.

Well i am voting NO am i still welcome at Bayview?

Broon Penny

Naw

All we need now is a new kit to put the new sponsors on. Any signs of one (apart from the Nathan Auston tweet that is)?

Wow, Benito is an inclusive welcoming sort.

What is a "glorified" pallet business, one that is not inglorious.

Somebody there likes Rangers - we should therefore have declined their contribution

In addition, somebody important supports the campaign that is most likely to win the referendum. Didn't realise that after Alex Salmond visited a couple of times some years ago in a time of bye election, that we had hitched our whole club and support to the SNP, with any free thinkers banned.

As a green party voter I demand a return of the deckcahir away strip

F's we get sponsors,and fans still moan about it,because another team has the same sponsor,ffs some people need to get a grip.

Aye zak. Some fans eh?

Ahhhh the irony of it all.

Broon Penny

Last night showed what a diddy country Scotland really is. We're always told how we lead the world in this that and the next thing, but the truth is the rest of the world see us as insignificant. Germany, China, Russia, USA were quite happy to attend the games in London but couldn't be bothered to send a single athlete to the games in Scotland. We're nothing to them. Independence ? - we should be grateful that the rest of the UK are willing to subsidize our existence.

Noisy_Crossbar
Broon Penny

Last night showed what a diddy country Scotland really is. We're always told how we lead the world in this that and the next thing, but the truth is the rest of the world see us as insignificant. Germany, China, Russia, USA were quite happy to attend the games in London but couldn't be bothered to send a single athlete to the games in Scotland. We're nothing to them. Independence ? - we should be grateful that the rest of the UK are willing to subsidize our existence.

Are Germany, China, Russia, and the USA in the Commonwealth???

Noisy_Crossbar
Broon Penny

Last night showed what a diddy country Scotland really is. We\\\\\\\'re always told how we lead the world in this that and the next thing, but the truth is the rest of the world see us as insignificant. Germany, China, Russia, USA were quite happy to attend the games in London but couldn\\\\\\\'t be bothered to send a single athlete to the games in Scotland. We\\\\\\\'re nothing to them. Independence ? - we should be grateful that the rest of the UK are willing to subsidize our existence.

NC. Surely your on the windup?? USA, China etc are not part of the commonwealth therefore cannot take part. Personally I think the beginning of opening ceremony was partly tongue in check but after Dunbar and Barrowman left, was then very well done. Good advert for independence.

Noisy_Crossbar
Broon Penny

You would also think Brazil would send a few athletes too after failing in the World Cup. When we qualify for 2018 we should boycott Brazil too.

sammy

yip. Well they were a few years ago when everyone came to that G8 thingy at glen eagles. Now because of Salmon's weak leadership they can't be bothered with Scotland anymore.

The last strong leader scotland had was Thatcher but you can't say that round these parts. Some folk would rather be shovelling coal for a living.

Noisy_Crossbar
sammy

yip. Well they were a few years ago when everyone came to that G8 thingy at glen eagles. Now because of Salmon's weak leadership they can't be bothered with Scotland anymore.

The last strong leader scotland had was Thatcher but you can't say that round these parts. Some folk would rather be shovelling coal for a living.

Shovelling coals better than the dole!!!
So is shipbuilding
So is producing steel
So is having businesses open in our towns.
Not forgetting conning people to buy their cooncul hoose so they had a mortgage and couldn't go on strike.
Not forgetting poll tax guinea pigs
Then now the bedroom tax.

Aye, thatcher and modern Tories gives me great pleasure in voting YESSSSSS.

I take your point on bedroom tax and council houses but there is an upside to those polices - the private landlord industry will really benefit so it is not all bad.

And on businesses opening up in towns - take a look at any high street in fife. You'll find all manner of businesses that weren't there 5-10 years ago: Ramsdens, Cash Converter, Money Shop, H&T Pawnbrokers, British Heart Foundation are just a few that spring to mind.

Not to mention that fife is getting the biggest Poundland shop in Britain.

And food banks...... that's a new thing. Makes you wonder what people did before food banks started.

And you want to give all this up? Crazy idea - we're better together.

NC. We can debate policies all day. Simple fact for me is that we never get the party we vote for in Westminster anyway. How many tory MPs in Scotland? One!!!!.

So how come we are ruled by Tories and Cable/Clegg. my god.

At least if we vote yes, we can have a true democracy after/if independence. Be it Snp, labour, greens. Remember a yes vote is not an Snp vote.

Back on topic.
Nothing to stop USA, Russia, China etc taking part. Just because they aren't in England's commonwealth doesn't mean they aren't part of their own commonwealth.
A fellow fireman showed me his ticket for the Table Tennis in Glasgow and it simply said "The Commonwealth Games", not England's Commonwealth Games. Equally it could apply to Germany and Hungary and the Netherlands as well because they used to have their own empire and the Commonwealth Games used to be called the Empire Games and these guys used to have their own empire did they not? They didn't call it the English Empire games back then either.
Same rules apply.

Table Tennis Fan
Back on topic.
Nothing to stop USA, Russia, China etc taking part. Just because they aren\'t in England\'s commonwealth doesn\'t mean they aren\'t part of their own commonwealth.
A fellow fireman showed me his ticket for the Table Tennis in Glasgow and it simply said \"The Commonwealth Games\", not England\'s Commonwealth Games. Equally it could apply to Germany and Hungary and the Netherlands as well because they used to have their own empire and the Commonwealth Games used to be called the Empire Games and these guys used to have their own empire did they not? They didn\'t call it the English Empire games back then either.
Same rules apply.

Wee Eck (dictator in waiting he wishes of Scotland) Salmond is awfy quiet about the other dictator he admires mad Vlad Putin" s part in flight M 17 there again this current SNP goverment releasead a convicted plane bomber early that murdered innocent passengers as well as SCOTTISH/BRITISH citazens on the ground.

There's some pure shite posted on this site at times - deary me.

People should stick to football as clearly some know hee haw about politics! Vote yes. Move along now.

DPH
People should stick to football as clearly some know hee haw about politics! Vote yes. Move along now.

In fairness, there are quite a few who know hee haw about football.

Fifey
NC. We can debate policies all day. Simple fact for me is that we never get the party we vote for in Westminster anyway. How many tory MPs in Scotland? One!!!!.

At least if we vote yes, we can have a true democracy after/if independence. Be it Snp, labour, greens. Remember a yes vote is not an Snp vote.

What percentage of the Scottish electorate gave Alex salmond a mandate to run scotland

In fact I won't leave it as a question I will give you the answer - 22.5% which means 77.5% voted for somebody else or didnt bother

So tell us how a yes means you get the government you vote for, not all of Scotland votes the same

Btw in the last general election the conservative vote in Scotland was only 1 or 2% behind the snp

64% of facts are made up

Realist
Fifey

What percentage of the Scottish electorate gave Alex salmond a mandate to run scotland

In fact I won't leave it as a question I will give you the answer - 22.5% which means 77.5% voted for somebody else or didnt bother

So tell us how a yes means you get the government you vote for, not all of Scotland votes the same

Btw in the last general election the conservative vote in Scotland was only 1 or 2% behind the snp

Realist. My point is that there will be a Scottish general election soon after [if] independence. We can vote for any party we want then. As I said in my earlier post, its not a vote for snp, its a vote for independence or not. Snp just happens to be the only party pro independence.

Post referendum say its a labour government in Scotland but Orkneys / Shetland vote liberal with labour nowhere up there. Do they then campaign for independence, it's only fair surely as ther aren't getting the government they vote for.

Fact is in Scotland, the snp, labour, liberal, conservative & green parties are all minority parties in terms of votes cast

It simply suits the separatists to hang part of this referendum on "get who you vote for" when in reality scotland England Wales and Northern Ireland give no party a majority vote

Think about it

I would say 65 SNP msp`s out of 128 is a majority with labour next on 38 ?

this is a vote to have your country ran by your own countryman for the better of the working class .... or by someone in London who have a proven track record of screwing the scots

vote YES

Realist
Post referendum say its a labour government in Scotland but Orkneys / Shetland vote liberal with labour nowhere up there. Do they then campaign for independence, it's only fair surely as ther aren't getting the government they vote for.

Fact is in Scotland, the snp, labour, liberal, conservative & green parties are all minority parties in terms of votes cast

It simply suits the separatists to hang part of this referendum on "get who you vote for" when in reality scotland England Wales and Northern Ireland give no party a majority vote

Think about it

And that was a party political broadcast for the Conservative and Unionist Party of Scotland.

Football forum guys, football forum!

Wee Eck
I would say 65 SNP msp`s out of 128 is a majority with labour next on 38 ?

this is a vote to have your country ran by your own countryman for the better of the working class .... or by someone in London who have a proven track record of screwing the scots

vote YES

I don't dispute that fat eck got most seats, my point is this was on a minority vote, a point you fail to address

Whoever gets in to manage an Indy Scotland ( it won't happen anywày) will likely be in a minority with most of the electorate voting against

You sound like one of these chip in the shoulder scots who blame their ills on somebody else

At the risk of being ridiculed by the political heavyweights who are dominating this thread about shirt sponsors can I ask a couple of questions ?
Realist,
If +/- 50% decide not to vote then any effect they may have had on a result is irrelevant and actually +/- 45% have voted for one party.
In a multi-party election is that not a reasonable mandate ? I would be willing to bet that in the last two UK elections neither party polled much more than 45%. Perhaps your post is just a disguised cry for PR ?

Noisy Crossbar
You seem to take great pleasure in highlighting what a diddy country we are,how insignificant we are and that we are the UK capital of Pound/Pawn shops yet you want to maintain the status quo. Does your view not suggest it's time for a change ?
If we are so insignificant why have we hosted the Commonwealth games twice but countries like Sweden and Germany have never been successful ?

At the risk of being ridiculed by the political heavyweights who are dominating this thread about shirt sponsors can I ask a couple of questions ?
Realist,
If +/- 50% decide not to vote then any effect they may have had on a result is irrelevant and actually +/- 45% have voted for one party.
In a multi-party election is that not a reasonable mandate ? I would be willing to bet that in the last two UK elections neither party polled much more than 45%. Perhaps your post is just a disguised cry for PR ?

Noisy Crossbar
You seem to take great pleasure in highlighting what a diddy country we are,how insignificant we are and that we are the UK capital of Pound/Pawn shops yet you want to maintain the status quo. Does your view not suggest it's time for a change ?
If we are so insignificant why have we hosted the Commonwealth games twice but countries like Sweden and Germany have never been successful ?

Rodney you plonker, monge two...

As I understand it the referendum question is "Should Scotland be an independent country"?

Well the obvious answer to that is no. Any right-thinking person knows that Scotland is not capable of running itself and requires a responsible country to look after its affairs.

So perhaps the referendum question should have been "Which country should oversee Scotland and make sure it doesn't make a mess of things". With the answer being a tick-box choice from the 196 countries that are out there.

I'd go for The Vatican City - I believe things were pretty good when we were run from Rome.

Noisy_Crossbar
I'd go for The Vatican City - I believe things were pretty good when we were run from Rome.

The Vatican? Well, let's see. It has the highest crime rate in the World but the lowest age of consent (twelve, since you're wondering). I wonder which one of these facts is influencing you? By the way, The Vatican also has, statistically speaking, two popes per square kilometre.

All seems to tie in nicely with Noisy Crossbar's vision for Scotland. An announcement by the V.C. that they are opening the world's largest Pound (or 1.27 Euro) Shop in the world and it could be wet pants time.

Sounds like bousey should take over. Far better with Rodney, Casandra and Del boy in charge. Better than Adolf Salmond and on top of that we have Damien to take over once Del boy is finished which is a dam sight better than Nicola...aka Mrs Bullshit

And if there was a country which we should partner then it has to be 100% Jamacia. We could learn how to be up beat more often and run bloody fast, and they could add bagpipes, Paulo and sharleen to the reggae vibe and take over the world. Ya man, Ye Ken Ser. What I thought about Refarendom wiz at the end of the day we will still be left with Alec, Nicola, Joanne, and the Tory lassie so we are fucked which ever way you look. Pitty we just can't vote directly to be Welsh and invite sir Tom to Edinburgh now that would be lush ..

BT
Sounds like bousey should take over. Far better with Rodney, Casandra and Del boy in charge. Better than Adolf Salmond and on top of that we have Damien to take over once Del boy is finished which is a dam sight better than Nicola...aka Mrs Bullshit

Good grief it's already been said, a lot of people who are voting yes are not voting because they like Alex Salmond but because Scotland should be it's own country. This isn't the 'do you like Alex Salmond aye or naw' referendum last I checked!!

Back to football for a moment - the away trips to Berwick will be a nightmare if there is a YES vote. As well has having to exchange currency and go through passport control, there will no doubt be extra security checks due to the threat posed by nationalist-extremists.

Thanks for that YES voters - a nice day out to Berwick ruined by your selfless anti-English agenda!

England do not own the pound .

At the last election most (right thinking) people voted Tory - and in doing so gave a big YES to the Big Society idea. If Scotland were to break away from England, what will this mean for the "Big Society"? We risk abandoning all the good progress made to date. Yet another reason to vot NO methinks.

Last time I visited oslo had a student moaning to me about the government building too many sports facilities, they asked for 1 pitch they built 3. Wasting too much money on its people. If only eh?

I want to see the lives of those around me improve and believe a Yes vote can do this in the most self-sufficient country in the commonwealth,
Are we really doubting voting anything other than YES ?