Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Interesting

This posted on P&B by a Berwick fan. Any truth?

Seems pretty well publicised now that East Fife are running into heavy financial troubles. Seems barring a couple of huge cup draws, they could be out of business by 2015.

I can't say it surprises me much. It'd be nice to see East Fife fans take some responsibility though. They should never have allowed their club to throw money away at horrifically past-it players, even more so when they refused to pay for the basics - no club at this level should force players to bring their own water and wash their own kit.

I hope East Fife can learn from their lessons but if they don't make it out of admin which is an entirely realistic possibility, as shown by Rangers, this time round I can't see them being allowed to return. I imagine it'd come open to application and they'd be punted

Re: Interesting

I really hope not that's grim reading

A statement from the Chairman / BOD is needed.

Hold the horses FFS

One Berwick fan puts up something that is allegedly " well publicised" and you want the club to release a statement

If its "well publicised" how many of you have heard this?

Get a grip, unsubstantiated nonsense from one fan on a message board does not merit a response.

Until we hear evidence to the contrary then this has to be treated as total bullshit.

Fat Doug
This posted on P&B by a Berwick fan. Any truth?

Seems pretty well publicised now that East Fife are running into heavy financial troubles. Seems barring a couple of huge cup draws, they could be out of business by 2015.

I can\'t say it surprises me much. It\'d be nice to see East Fife fans take some responsibility though. They should never have allowed their club to throw money away at horrifically past-it players, even more so when they refused to pay for the basics - no club at this level should force players to bring their own water and wash their own kit.

I hope East Fife can learn from their lessons but if they don\'t make it out of admin which is an entirely realistic possibility, as shown by Rangers, this time round I can\'t see them being allowed to return. I imagine it\'d come open to application and they\'d be punted

The bit about the players bringing their own towels and water is certainly a lie. Don't know about the rest.

This time round... Have I missed something?

Are you guys for real? Some 12 year old Berwick fan posts that crap and we are biting.

For something that's well publicised, funny how no-one has heard anything about it or been talking about it.

I smell shite, but here's the link to the thread on P&B - http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/214942-the-east-fife-administration-thread/

Calling for the club to make a statement on some numpty's post on another forum is bizarre.

Also seems to be some Clyde fan that posted it. A Berwick mod edited it?

That is more shite than I ever write,and thats saying something.

I heard we were in dire straights weeks ago.However,this story keeps coming round every 2 or 3 seasons.The fact last season was a disaster,maybe(hopefully),this is just another rumour to unsettle the fans,players and club.One thing that does worry me however,is where the money went that was suppossed to go towards the club shop,that was raised at the p.y.d.That function was in May,and here we are in July and no word on how much was raised or if its getting spent on the shop or what.

enfifer
I heard we were in dire straights weeks ago.However,this story keeps coming round every 2 or 3 seasons.The fact last season was a disaster,maybe(hopefully),this is just another rumour to unsettle the fans,players and club.One thing that does worry me however,is where the money went that was suppossed to go towards the club shop,that was raised at the p.y.d.That function was in May,and here we are in July and no word on how much was raised or if its getting spent on the shop or what.

I never heard we were in dire straits weeks ago. Who else did, other than you?

I would take no notice of the mysterious post. That is just complete bullshit. No idea the motivation for that.
I think it would be fair to say that the club is cash poor, but then that doesn\'t make us unique in Scottish football, does it? The major positive for EF though is that the club is asset rich unlike a lot of lower league clubs.

I do think though that EF fans deserve to be told the truth about a few questions:

Major question: Who owns our club? Are Twigg/Johnson still the major shareholders one year after the \"takeover\"?

Why did staunch EF supporter Eugene Clarke resign from the board? It certainly wasn\'t for personal reasons. If it was I think he would have cleared that up right away rather than allowing the speculation to build.

What happened to the crowdfunding? There was such a push for this with over 20k pledged, and yet for something like 6 months there has been total silence. Has the whole thing been scrapped? Surely it would only be respectful to keep people who have pledged hard earned cash updated??!!

The p&b posted is a troll, he regularly posts similar stuff about other clubs and im surprised anyone takes him seriously. Just a daft bairn who needs a girlfriend looking for a wee reaction, which he's got.

I would be very surprised especially given how tight credit has been over the last few years. I wouldn't have thought the banks would have been throwing money a football teams, unless Lee is using Wonga.

I would be very surprised especially given how tight credit has been over the last few years. I wouldn\'t have thought the banks would have been throwing money a football teams, unless Lee is using Wonga.

stick to eating pies mate
and not post some crap you have read posted by a total random