Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hall of Fame

The article below is the press release included in today's EFM and some detail of how to purchase tickets is included. I will soon post details of the paypal and bank accounts which can be used for payment.

ARCHIBALD TO RETURN TO BAYVIEW
Former player-manager Steve Archibald who guided East Fife to promotion in 1996 is to return to Bayview to be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame next month.
The Scotland internationalist, known to the club’s fans as 'Archiegod', will be among the first five former players to be recognised in the event organised by the East Fife Supporters' Trust in conjunction with East Fife Football Club.
Also being inducted at the inaugural event will be Phil Weir, the club's all time record goalscorer, and the famous post-war half-back line of Jimmy Philp, Willie Finlay & George Aitken.
There will also be 'Cult Hero' award, to be decided by fans through a postal & email vote, details of which will be announced in next week's East Fife Mail. The first 'Cult Hero' will be chosen from four candidates: 60s star Jimmy Kinsella, 70s favourite Johnny Love, 80s hero Willie Brown and recent idol Jonathan Smart. The winner will be announced on the evening.
Master of Ceremonies will be East Fife All Time Great Peter McQuade and the guest speaker will be former Scotland manager Craig Brown.
Tickets priced at £50 for the event, which is being held at Bayview on the evening of Saturday 30th August and includes a three-course meal and wine are available from today (Wednesday) from the club office or via the Trust at allan@electronics168.com
Trust chairman Allan Duthie said: “The calibre of inductees is exactly what we were looking for and we are particularly excited that Steve Archibald is taking time out of his busy schedule to fly over from Barcelona to accept his award. Craig Brown was Steve's first senior boss at Clyde so it is fitting that he should be speaking on the evening.
“It is hoped that Willie Finlay will also be present, and the families of Phil Weir, Jimmy Philp and George Aitken have been invited to accept their posthumous awards. Willie & George's contribution to East Fife's halcyon days was recognised at our All Time Greats awards in 2008 so it is pleasing that Jimmy Philp has joined them this time to complete the famous half-back line.
“There has already been a lot of interest from fans and I would urge anyone interested in attending to order their tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.”

Enquiries contact: Allan Duthie, EFST Chairman 07962 245388 or allan@electronics168.com

Re: Hall of Fame

Fantastic stuff! Can't wait for this event.

-

Wonderful stuff.

Gutted I can't attend.

Any chance of videoing the event, or part of it, like the ATG Dinner?

A Hall of Fame without Dave Clarke

BrianL

Patience my friend. Dave Clarke can only headline such an event.

Patience is a virtue but I don't have the time!

BrianL

That is ridiculous. For all that we loved Archigod he was with us for barely two seasons, whereas Clarkie is the club record appearance holder, a one club man as a player and took us higher in the league as a manager than anyone post 1974.

Poor.

As in the article tickets can be bought at the club office or alternatively contact me on the phone no. or email address provided. Once you have booked your tickets payment can be made by BACS to HBoS account 06002784 Sort Code
801733. or by Paypal to East Fife Supporters Society using email address
colin.mcinnes719@btinternet.com
Tickets will be issued once payment is received so please ensure your name is used to identify who made the payment.
The club will accept cash or card payment but will not issue tickets until payment is received.

Tickets bought. Worth attending just to see Willie Finlay, the last surviving cup winner collect his award.

Will be in touch shortly Alan .

zak

Please don't bother. We could do without the biggest moaner. You'll just put a post on here after you go saying that you wont be at anymore trust functions because someone looked at you the wrong way on the night or something like that

matey
zak

Please don\'t bother. We could do without the biggest moaner. You\'ll just put a post on here after you go saying that you wont be at anymore trust functions because someone looked at you the wrong way on the night or something like that
Well they should not look at me then I won't go in a huff

Is this still on, was hearing a rumour at the game that it\'s been cancelled???

Cancelled according to EF twitter. As has the scorecast we used to run.

Just scrolled through EF twitter, and cant see anything?

It surely would have been announced over the tannoy if it was cancelled?

I'd be major disappointed if it is cancelled - was really looking forward to it

Well... somebody better say something, it's on in a fortnight!!!

Sorry, it was Scott Inglis from the EFM that tweeted it.
"East Fife FC have cancelled their hall of fame awards on August 30. Please do not text any further 'cult hero' nominations."

"The club has told me that it will honour the cost of text votes to supporters who wish a refund."

Would supporters please note that the Club was not involved in the organisation of this event which has been postponed.

Any supporter who paid for their tickets through the Club Office will get a refund. Please visit the office with the tickets to claim your refund.

Jim Stevenson

Interim Chairman

King Kebab
Would supporters please note that the Club was not involved in the organisation of this event which has been postponed.

Any supporter who paid for their tickets through the Club Office will get a refund. Please visit the office with the tickets to claim your refund.

Jim Stevenson

Interim Chairman

Jim Stevenson attempts to blame the Trust. I am sure that Lee Murray was involved. The Trust said that last week. So the club WAS involved in this.
What has Jim Stevenson ever done for East Fife fans? What has he ever done for East Fife?

As one of principle organisers of the HOF I have to apologise for the lateness if the cancellation. There were a number of reasons for it but the main reasons were the lack of ticket sales (25 or so total), Lee's resignation ( the catering, marquee hire etc was all organised through him) and the Trusts decision to try & purchase the majority share holding in the club.
As things stood who would gave been facing a huge deficit and we have been fortunate that the caterers etc have accepted the cancellation with no cost involved. We also had received no confirmation of Steve Archibald's travel arrangements which left uncertainty over his appearance.
The 'takeover' will demand us to devote a large amount of time for everyone involved with the Trust & it was felt that this had to take precedence over all other activities.
Again apologies for any inconvenience caused to anyone but hopefully we can resurrect the HOF in the near future

I think my discussions with Scott have been misconstrued as it will be the Trust that recompenses anyone who had incurred any costs in the text vote

The Hall of Fame dinner was to be a joint effort between the club and the Trust. A working group was set up which consisted of me,Liam Anderson,Jim Corstorphine,Stephen Mill,Donald Walker and Lee Murray.
I am not sure why the club want to be disassociated with the event but the agreement with Lee that a share of any profits would go to the club suggests they were keen to be involved at some level.

auld fifer
King Kebab

Jim Stevenson

Interim Chairman

Jim Stevenson attempts to blame the Trust. I am sure that Lee Murray was involved. The Trust said that last week. So the club WAS involved in this.
What has Jim Stevenson ever done for East Fife fans? What has he ever done for East Fife?

Agree!!

auld fifer

Jim Stevenson attempts to blame the Trust.

Maybe he's just Bored.

Just what we need another self important obstructive twat in the chairman position.What a dick!

Bollox
Just what we need another self important obstructive twat in the chairman position.What a dick!

To any future chairman, director, board member, shareholder - similar posts to the above will be directed at you, in all likelihood.

Hi Bollox, can i suggest you purchase a few thousand shares and then start chucking some cash into the kitty every other week, just to keep things going.
Then when things go a little pea4 shaped, we can all start launching abuse at you.
if it werent for past chaiman puting their hand in their pocket for no real gain, we certainly wouldnt be having this discussion.

FIFA and LMA Manager are fantasy console games,