Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The New Kit

hands up and well done to all who said it was going to be under armour! what do we all think? personally I think its looks great and imagine it should be good quality!! buying one asap!

Re: The New Kit

Annan, Elgin and Albion fans will be jealous #COYF

MF14 Ultra
Annan, Elgin and Albion fans will be jealous #COYF

True but the home top is quality and also under armour will look good if we are keeping last season white kit I can't wait to buy it when I do.

How do I pre order this top? Where do I go to do it?
You would think the clubs main website would be working when you click on the picture of the new strip but as usual its pish.

fifer
How do I pre order this top? Where do I go to do it?
You would think the clubs main website would be working when you click on the picture of the new strip but as usual its pish.
dunno mate tried it myself not working try calling the office?

Could've been better. Striped sleeves for a start. D McQueen logo on the back ruins it completely. No need for it to be blue and red. Set colour scheme of black, white or gold should have been stipulated in the draw rules. Please tell me it's not the yellow scroll badge.

Any rumours or leaked images of the away strip? Deck chair remake please.

john
Could've been better. Striped sleeves for a start. D McQueen logo on the back ruins it completely. No need for it to be blue and red. Set colour scheme of black, white or gold should have been stipulated in the draw rules. Please tell me it's not the yellow scroll badge.

Any rumours or leaked images of the away strip? Deck chair remake please.
not seen anything away kit related yet!!I think logo on back of the shorts is a bit weird tbh!

Has anyone got an actual picture of the new kit?

That is not an actual picture of an actual real kit.

Grim Reaper
That is not an actual picture of an actual real kit.
dunno why the grim reaper has no eyes cos your observational skills are fantastic!!lol all the training gears all under armour so it appears be have a contract of sorts with them so cant see any problems with it this time(hopefully!)

will they be a new away kit???
like to see us bring back the green and white stripes we wont have a problem with colour clash at any of our current away games unless we get tied with Celtic this season in the cup though under armour looks good in Tottenham's home white kit but clyde play white at home.

New away strip being released in time for Chrsitmas I believe

as late as that!!

marketing, that is all

In case anyone doesn't know there will squad numbers in our league this season, no names just squad numbers. The players have all chosen their kit size & think it is quality stuff

Kit man
New away strip being released in time for Chrsitmas I believe

why christmas the league starts in two weeks our team will have to play with one top for five months bit odd but ok. Our team on away games would look great in our old deckchair (green/white stripe top, Green shorts and Green Socks) be great to see under armour do this and this season seem right for the club to change white as Clyde plays at home in white would be weird to turn up at Broadwood with last seasons away kit

Why would we be wearing our change kit at Clyde???

King Kebab
Why would we be wearing our change kit at Clyde???

be nice to have a away kit in place for away games this season and that away kit last season looked pretty dull and awful with just mite on it, bring back the green and white for away games.

Away kit? We should wear black and gold at all times and only change when we have to, not for every bloody away game.

Did anyone get a picture of this sample kit that was apparently on display at the club yesterday then?

Im afraid one of the problems this board haven't addressed from previous regimes is being able to get a strip out before the season starts. Ive never known a club to constantly leave their new kit release so late, and by now lots of fans will already have been on their summer holiday and probably wont buy one now. Hopefully we can address this issue next year and get the new kit out in May/June like everyone else.

Moonie
Did anyone get a picture of this sample kit that was apparently on display at the club yesterday then?

Im afraid one of the problems this board haven't addressed from previous regimes is being able to get a strip out before the season starts. Ive never known a club to constantly leave their new kit release so late, and by now lots of fans will already have been on their summer holiday and probably wont buy one now. Hopefully we can address this issue next year and get the new kit out in May/June like everyone else.

alot to do with Sponsorships and kit manufacturers to make the kit i wonder if it will be in place this saturday or when we travel to Elgin at the moment we will wear the one and only kit for this season looks like. yeah we will need a sponsors who can give the club a deal and manufacturers too to address the problem next summer to be like the other clubs to have the kits ready.

[/quote]

be nice to have a away kit in place for away games this season and that away kit last season looked pretty dull and awful with just mite on it, bring back the green and white for away games.[/quote]do you think with our chairman a devote rangers fan would let East Fife wear green and white you cannot be serious.

The man from del monte

be nice to have a away kit in place for away games this season and that away kit last season looked pretty dull and awful with just mite on it, bring back the green and white for away games.[/quote]do you think with our chairman a devote rangers fan would let East Fife wear green and white you cannot be serious.[/quote]

Green and white were our original colours

MF14 Ultra
The man from del monte

be nice to have a away kit in place for away games this season and that away kit last season looked pretty dull and awful with just mite on it, bring back the green and white for away games.
do you think with our chairman a devote rangers fan would let East Fife wear green and white you cannot be serious.[/quote]

Green and white were our original colours[/quote] well googled!

Green and White,That maybe so,but I say No.Free Scotland YES.

The man from del monte
Green and White,That maybe so,but I say No.Free Scotland YES.
whats with the political bullshit? posts about our new kit take your yes/no shit elsewhere. sick of hearing it

Piss off.

Fuck the Raith. Free Gaza. Vote YES.

-

Kings of fife
Piss off.

-

FFS, what's he done now???

King Kebab

Like the kit and I'll buy the top for going to games. Shorts no good for me as an "older" guy but if the club happened have swimming shorts in same design then I would buy and possibly many others too?

Kings of fife
Piss off.

-
very mature well done stick your politics up your ring

King Kebab
Kings of fife
Piss off.

-

FFS, what's he done now???

His is the strip they're fighting over.

These on sale yet??

On the website, it says Now on sale, but also pre-order. Apart from the splash screen, I can't see any information about buying or ordering.

Why do we always have to leave it so late?

Why do some always have to moan?

can i point out that the current online east fife shop website doesn't seem to have many items on the website and last season home top i brought online was then sold out and when i looked at e-mail i decided to buy the kids size instead which i had no problems in do so but i would like to see the shop website updated and more accurate stock count so the person who receives their east fife stock can get all the stock they ask for online and this information is useful if we are to have a newly built club shop we need to have a better online shop website to buy from if we cant attend match days or people outside fife/scotland to buy from in the future ahead.
The better the online shop is as part of the official website on there is the better way for club to get from the stock and people happy to support the club every penny makes a difference and its vital the club shop is very accurate with how many stock there is left and the different stock there is the club will benefit when fans who dont attend matches or not on match days to buy online aswell it helps very much and reprosents the club good having a good website and information. Maybe we wont have many items during the summer break due to change of kit suppliers, sponsorships and items left but its nearly middle of August and i am guessing the new kits would have reached the club now. (my spelling is rubbish)
I like to share my view on the current website and the way we run the club shop in the future and have a good online system as well at the club. Thank you like to put many ideas forward for the club to look at.

Looked like the new kit had only just arrived in time for Saturday. No sponsorship on the back or on the shorts. No numbers on the shorts. Goalies kit was last year's one.

Not surprised it's not on sale yet if they haven't even got the first team sorted out.

Bored
Why do some always have to moan?
you'll always get moaners on here moaning about something or someone.

So the new kit appears to be as much of a shambles as the rest of the season. Still no numbers on the shorts which I thought was a league requirement, and short sponsors haven't been added. Still using last season's keepers kit. Caolan McAleer has a shirt with no East Fife badge on. No change kit so Albion Rovers had to wear theirs on Saturday.

You'd think that we could get the basics done at least.

forest fifer
So the new kit appears to be as much of a shambles as the rest of the season. Still no numbers on the shorts which I thought was a league requirement, and short sponsors haven't been added. Still using last season's keepers kit. Caolan McAleer has a shirt with no East Fife badge on. No change kit so Albion Rovers had to wear theirs on Saturday.

Give it a fucking rest ya moaning b'strd. Unbelievable getting annoyed about that. What fucking difference does it make? Has your world turned upside down because of it. Are you so embarrassed, you won't leave your house until the strips are sorted? Get a life!

I'd imagine we have lost a good few sales too as many people have had their summer holiday by now and will be less likely to buy one.

Ringo
forest fifer

Give it a fucking rest ya moaning b'strd. Unbelievable getting annoyed about that. What fucking difference does it make? Has your world turned upside down because of it. Are you so embarrassed, you won't leave your house until the strips are sorted? Get a life!

that's hardly east fifes fault that will be down to the supplier id imagine .im more concerned about the fact there not available to fans yet

Ringo
forest fifer

Looks like someone has hit a nerve here. Has this annoyed you so much Dingo because you are part of the problem? Has the failure to get a basic preparation right made you lash out in self defence?
This sort of shambles would shame an amateur club. It is another indication that there are serious problems behind the scenes at Bayview.

auld fifer
Ringo
forest fifer

Looks like someone has hit a nerve here. Has this annoyed you so much Dingo because you are part of the problem? Has the failure to get a basic preparation right made you lash out in self defence?
This sort of shambles would shame an amateur club. It is another indication that there are serious problems behind the scenes at Bayview.

For an auld guy, you've got some imagination. I would put you down as about being 16 year old, but that would be insulting that age group. To whinge about a strip is beyond belief. Grow up ffs. You never post positively about East Fife, WHY?

I do not post positively, because the club is at its lowest point in 50 years.
Why do you not ever post even the slightest criticism at this time Ringo? I think it is because you are part of the problem.
East Fife didn't even have a set of change strips on Saturday and you think that is ok. If I had to find someone like-minded, I would start with the people who sent the team to Coatbridge without a change strip. And the long and winding road would lead me back to your door.

Ringo
For an auld guy, you've got some imagination. I would put you down as about being 16 year old, but that would be insulting that age group. To whinge about a strip is beyond belief. Grow up ffs. You never post positively about East Fife, WHY?

Hiya Jocky, Hiya Pal.

Why don't you just come out with the truth and tell everyone which director of the board you are?

Ringo
auld fifer
Ringo
forest fifer

Yes Ringo it's just a bloody strip but it is also systematic of an amateur approach both on and off the pitch. No wonder we are up shit creek without a paddle. We are a professional football club (allegedly) but you seem happy with mediocrity and seemingly intent on defending it for some perverse reason.

Do you actually care about the predicament we are in? Some of us give actually a shit but you as usual are defending the indefensible.

No wonder we are heading for oblivion.

I agree, no professional team should get the basics wrong. We are now three weeks into the new season and the club still cannot supply an away strip for a trip to Coatbridge. Remember we would have had to admit that to another professional team when asking them to play in their away strip at home. To me that is an embarrassment. If the club cannot get that right, what chance do we have. However, will always support the team whatever they wear.

auld fifer
I do not post positively, because the club is at its lowest point in 50 years.
Why do you not ever post even the slightest criticism at this time Ringo? I think it is because you are part of the problem.
East Fife didn't even have a set of change strips on Saturday and you think that is ok. If I had to find someone like-minded, I would start with the people who sent the team to Coatbridge without a change strip. And the long and winding road would lead me back to your door.

You have been whinging just about all the time you have posted on this site, so it is not because of it being our lowest point in 50 years.

You whinge because its what you do best! It is about YOU and who you are!

And for those people who think I am a director, well it just shows how thick you all are. You just can't hack it if someone challenges your infantile posts, so try to divert away from the challenge exposing you for what you all are - a shower of serial whingers. To get upset because of the strips beggars belief. It has no effect at all on you as a person and if it does, it proves how childish you are in your own mind. Explain why it upset you auld fifer. Did it make you feel less of a person, did it make you feel inadequate?

It didn't upset me. It made me comment that the club is a shambles. That is not an emotion, it is the state of the club. Once again you lose sight of the point being made as you lash out wildly.
A failure to be equipped with a set of strips does not make me feel inadequate but it exposes East Fife as unprofessional, unorganised and incompetent.
Tell me, are you perfectly at ease with the club's failure to provide the players with the correct kit? If so, what would it take to earn criticism from you? What about opting to play with ten players rather than 11. If East Fife did that, could you bring yourself to say "that might have been a mistake". Or what about changing the club name to Twiglets FC. Would you be okay with that or would you stretch to mild disapproval?

auld fifer
It didn't upset me. It made me comment that the club is a shambles. That is not an emotion, it is the state of the club. Once again you lose sight of the point being made as you lash out wildly.
A failure to be equipped with a set of strips does not make me feel inadequate but it exposes East Fife as unprofessional, unorganised and incompetent.
Tell me, are you perfectly at ease with the club's failure to provide the players with the correct kit? If so, what would it take to earn criticism from you? What about opting to play with ten players rather than 11. If East Fife did that, could you bring yourself to say "that might have been a mistake". Or what about changing the club name to Twiglets FC. Would you be okay with that or would you stretch to mild disapproval?

You write some shite!

Ask most of the ex players and management who have left Bayview and you won't get them complaining about the club. But you will get a few who would, about sections of our fans! No argument there!

Ringo
forest fifer

Fuck off. I have a life thanks, and it doesn't revolve around being a wanker on a football forum. You appear to have that vacancy sewn up.

As has been far more eruditely (you may need to look that up) put than me, it's symptomatic of the way things are happening at the club. By the looks of it they haven't even got a design for a change kit, let alone a real one. If they are going to reuse last season's one, at least say so.

I can't imagine the sponsors are happy that they haven't been added to the kit yet, either.

Agree. It's a very valid concern and problem to point out.

May not be the biggest threat to us just now but it is systematic of how our club is run.

And you will also lose any argument by abusing the person. That goes for all of us.

Forest Fifer
Ringo
forest fifer

Fuck off. I have a life thanks, and it doesn't revolve around being a wanker on a football forum. You appear to have that vacancy sewn up.

As has been far more eruditely (you may need to look that up) put than me, it's symptomatic of the way things are happening at the club. By the looks of it they haven't even got a design for a change kit, let alone a real one. If they are going to reuse last season's one, at least say so.

I can't imagine the sponsors are happy that they haven't been added to the kit yet, either.

Right then clever clogs, if you are saying that "has been far more eruditely put than me" you do know that you are actually saying you are not as learned as the others? I think YOU need to look up your choice of words bud, or are you admitting you are not so bright? That's pretty damning on yourself, if you think the others ARE actually bright!

Ringo
Forest Fifer
Ringo
forest fifer

Right then clever clogs, if you are saying that "has been far more eruditely put than me" you do know that you are actually saying you are not as learned as the others? I think YOU need to look up your choice of words bud, or are you admitting you are not so bright? That's pretty damning on yourself, if you think the others ARE actually bright!

OK you got me.

Erudite/Eloquent - who gives a fuck. I'm just a moaning bastard on a football forum, what do i know...

Forest Fifer
Ringo
Forest Fifer
Ringo
forest fifer

OK you got me.

Erudite/Eloquent - who gives a fuck. I'm just a moaning bastard on a football forum, what do i know...

No, yer just thick.