Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
forfar

Assessment of the game would be much appreciated

Re: forfar

Thought our standard of play in the first hour was as good as I've seen at Bayview for a couple of years. Caolan McAleer was outstanding and almost every ball he delivered into the box was quality.
Defence looks far more organised this year, with Campbell and Moyes seeming to have developed a good understanding already, and Cook's pace will pose Division 2 defenders a huge problem.
The worry though was how we allowed Forfar to get right back into the game in the last half hour. We sat too far back, but hopefully Gary will address this!
Well deserved victory though!!

Excellent performance for an hour then we lost the plot a bit. The changes were probably made at the right time but didn't have much effect. Best hour we have had for a while and the only worry would be that last season on the few occassions when we were on top in a game and the tide began to turn we always struggled to get back into a game.

The first half saw a lot of really good football being played, Caolan McAleer and Jamie Beaton had a bit influence on the game, Caolan McAleer went off with a groin injury. Jamie Beaton's subbing for Ross Brown, was a bit confusing for me, unless he to was injured, Ross didn't really get into the game, Fash had a good shout for a penalty. The addition of big Temps, was what from my point of view, turned the game in their favour. I also agree that Cooky's pass will cause problems for others in our league. All in all in my opinion, a good start, and the boys all seem to be palying for each other.

Ta :-) too early......but maybe

Great result & played as a team, not seen that in a while. Mcaleer was stand out & great block from Ross Brown near the end to keep the score at 2-1. Looking forward to draw on tuesday!!