Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
petrofac cup 2nd round draw

brora rangers v east fife

Re: petrofac cup 2nd round draw

North Section
Dunfermline Athletic or Raith Rovers v Falkirk
Brora Rangers v East Fife
Brechin City v Peterhead
Stirling Albion v Alloa Athletic

South Section
Livingston v Heart of Midlothian
Rangers or Hibernian v Clyde
Morton v Berwick Rangers
Stranraer v Albion Rovers

Feckin ridiculous tie for a mid week game.. 4 hrs in a car!

This game should never be played midweek, apart from that it's a great draw. Unfortunately hardly any Fife fans will witness it.

Quite like this draw. A challenge for the supporters and team. Bring it on.

It's lucky the draw's regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

KotS
It's lucky the draw's regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good and we avoided the big guns (Falkirk) so well pleased, is there any prize money involved qualifying to the next round for the club?
i love to see us get to round 3 and i hope we do well on saturday in the another be progress made from two worse seasons we have suffered supporting the club in league two and us getting relegated there. #monthefife

I'd have likely made the trip up if it were a Saturday, however midweek is out of the question.

Passed through Brora on my way up to Wick a few times. And that A9 is a bit of a nightmare drive.

Cambuslang Fifer
KotS
It\'s lucky the draw\'s regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good and we avoided the big guns (Falkirk) so well pleased, is there any prize money involved qualifying to the next round for the club?
i love to see us get to round 3 and i hope we do well on saturday in the another be progress made from two worse seasons we have suffered supporting the club in league two and us getting relegated there. #monthefife

"Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good"

Cambuslang Fifer, do you know where Brora is ? For a midweek game we couldn't have chosen a worse draw.

Cambuslang Fifer
KotS
It\\\'s lucky the draw\\\'s regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

"Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good"

Cambuslang Fifer, do you know where Brora is ? For a midweek game we couldn't have chosen a worse draw.

He still doesn't know what team he supports yet stop asking him hard questions

Cr
Cambuslang Fifer
KotS
It\\\\\\\'s lucky the draw\\\\\\\'s regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

\"Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good\"

Cambuslang Fifer, do you know where Brora is ? For a midweek game we couldn\'t have chosen a worse draw.

He still doesn't know what team he supports yet stop asking him hard questions

is that a trick question yeah its near enough aberdeen and yeah we could of been drawn with Falkirk that would be tough and CR theres only one team thats why im on an east fife forum not really that hard #monTheFife

Um, Brora's further from Aberdeen than Methil is!

Would have love to have done this trip. Was at the ground with SoG years ago when we headed back from the Wick friendly.

Cambuslang Fifer
Cr
Cambuslang Fifer
KotS
It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s lucky the draw\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s regionalised. We might have had to traipse to Livingston or Edinburgh otherwise.

\\\"Yeah the cup is great when its like this i would hate to travel to Stranraer or Greenock midweek if it was mixed, us drawn Brora has worked out good\\\"

Cambuslang Fifer, do you know where Brora is ? For a midweek game we couldn\\\'t have chosen a worse draw.

He still doesn\'t know what team he supports yet stop asking him hard questions

is that a trick question yeah its near enough aberdeen and yeah we could of been drawn with Falkirk that would be tough and CR theres only one team thats why im on an east fife forum not really that hard #monTheFife

Near enough Aberdeen .

Falkirk wouldn't have been a bad draw at all... Okay they're a good side but so are Brora. Remember Brora just beat Stenny 3-1, they're a very good side. Falkirk would've been a better draw financially for us as well... There were 250 at their game v Stenny... Imagine what they'll pull in for a midweek tie? Probably 150 max. Against Falkirk we'd have been looking at about 1000-1500. Plus there's travel costs. Anyone who thinks Brora is a good draw is off their rocker!

Aberdeen to Brora is 159 miles and will take 3-3.5 hours depending on traffic.

Fuckwits

Thank you

Methil to Brora will take nearly 4 hours if you go up the A9.

Thankyou once again.

Brora won the Highland league last season, drew 1.1 with The Rangers in pre-season friendly and deservedly beat Stenhousemuir 3.1 in the cup. They will start as favourites against a surely depleted Fife side. Thank god its regionalised or we could have got Hearts or Livingston and imagine trying to get there on a Wednesday night!!

weary traveller
Methil to Brora will take nearly 4 hours if you go up the A9.

Thankyou once again.

It'll be quicker in the way back as it is downhill.

Managed by ex East Fife player david Kirkwood .

We have never lost to a non-league side in a competitive match. That record will be under a bit of a threat this time, worth the boss reminding his players of that fact I think.

Todays result .
Brora Rangers

6-0

Huntly

Tonight's result 4- 0 for Brora

Tried to get a hotel room in Brora for the night of the game, but all full ( including one called Bayview) Must be a good support heading up.

Very surprised this game has not been moved. Listened to Naysmith`s interview about the Brora game the other night and its ridiculous that part time players could potentialy be forced to take the Tue and Wed off work to play a minor cup tie. 250 were in attendance at Brora`s game vs Stenhousemuir in 1st round and that was on a Saturday so i`d imagine it will be significantly lower on Wednesday night so clearly the club will lose money. Pity aswell, as i would have liked a jaunt up there as i`ve never been to Brora and it would probably be a half decent away day on train.

GoF
Um, Brora's further from Aberdeen than Methil is!

Would have love to have done this trip. Was at the ground with SoG years ago when we headed back from the Wick friendly.

I remember it well.
A load of their fans showed up in Wick to support East Fife! Good bunch of lads.
Brora have been my Highland team ever since.

Kick off now at 7.30pm

Get yirsel up to Brora if you can, Best group of supporters in the league & the best park in the highlands to be visiting for a game lads & lassies, just hope its a nice night for those who do go as its a class park for a night game.
I would allow a good 5.5hrs for the drive as you will hit inverness & the A9 north at rush hour (not so much of a rush).
Good Luck.
COYR !!

I just hope twitter can provide cover for this game for those fans that can't make the journey up the A9 tomorrow, keep us up to speed with live tweets from the game and highlights from Graeme Top class as always

The Dispatch of Stenhousmuir was updated live on the Petrofac Cup website, each game that day had a tab beside it for the live updates, I tuned in & watched/read the whole game.

I highly doubt that there will be updates tomorrow on the twitter page but we will find a way to keep everyone updated if it's not updating through a third party regarding the score and teams.

Team News ahead of tonight's cup tie with Brora vs Ef game.

Highland League champions Brora Rangers have an injury doubt over striker Scott Graham as they look to knock a second senior side out of the Challenge Cup.
David Kirkwood's side defeated Stenhousemuir 3-1 to set up a meeting with his former club.
East Fife striker Kevin Smith returns from suspension.
But back-up goalkeeper Dylan Rooney is a doubt after illness and striker Cyrus Moosavi remains out following knee surgery.
Brora Rangers manager David Kirkwood: "We are in good form as we beat Turriff United 8-0 on Saturday.
"However, if we are to repeat the success we had over Stenhousemuir in the last round, we need to work as hard as we did that day."
East Fife player-manager Gary Naysmith: "We have made a disappointing start to the league and lost our first two games, but we have players with the ability to turn things around.
"This is a really difficult game against a side with more experience in their ranks than we have, but we can win it.
"It is a 400-mile round trip and nearly 10 hours of travelling and I am very determined that we make the trip worth our while."

LIVE UPDATES
GOOD LUCK
COYR !!!!!!
http://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/live-games/

Thanks......

1.0 Brora Mackay 29th min

Brora 1 East Fife 1 McShane 2nd goal of the competition.

33:08

Brora Rangers 1 - 1 East Fife
GOAL scored by Jon McShane

1.1 Mcshane penalty, 34th min. Mon Fife!!

37:44

Brora Rangers 2 - 1 East Fife
GOAL scored by Zander Sutherland

:(

How on earth is Fash still getting a game?

41:41

Brora Rangers 2 - 2 East Fife
GOAL scored by Jon McShane

:) :)

2-2 McShane...come on east fife!!!

Half Time

Brora Rangers 2 - 2 East Fife
Half Time

brora 2-3 east fife

85:17

Brora Rangers 2 - 3 East Fife
GOAL scored by Nathan Austin

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

BobsDad

Fanny

3-3 now

I think that is why Fash is still getting a game - C'mon The Fife !!

Full time east fife through to round 3, well done lads safe journey home.

Full Time

Brora Rangers 2 - 3 East Fife

From Villian to HERO well done Fash and the rest of the boys x

brora 2-3 east fife full time

bayview duck
Is it full time?
yeah finished 2-3 too fife according to bbc sport

finished 3-2 to fife

Guess Fash still gets a game cause he scores goals and never gives up Bobsdad!!!

Wow, didn't see that coming. Fantastic result and keeps our record alive. Well done to the players and any hardy souls that made the trip.

Fantastic !!! A New Dawn ???

Genuinely didn't see that coming! Great result! Well done. Hopefully we can get a decent away tie next round!

111 years of history preserved. That has to go down as being as good a result as we've had in years. Well done to Gary and the team - and especially to the supporters who made it up there.

Well done lads great win, difficult away tie!!

Fat Doug
BobsDad

Fanny

3-3 now

TWAT

Well done lads,enjoy your trip home.

Love to get a home tie with Peterhead but if it's falkirk at home good win to boost our attendance at home. I doubt it will be mixed till the final where the winners of the east vs west.

Is it still regionalised in 3rd round? If not I would like Rangers away, simply as it will give us the most money.

Very good away win against a Brora team that could certainly hold its own in our Division. Confidence booster all round. Very cold, though. So much for summer football!

Yep Well done to the boys.

Fantastic result.

A bit unexpected (for me at least) and hopefully what the team needs to light some fire in their bellies and kickstart their league campaign.

Great result. The games I saw before the Berwick game gave me confidence that we would beat Brora, but after the Berwick game, I was worried that we might not! Berwick were a better team than I expected them to be and maybe the team/management thought that as well, to their cost? Against Brora, we expected them to be good, but dealt with that and beat them.

Let's hope this kick starts the season for us and we go on to a consistent run of good form and to play wisely against teams like Berwick in future.

Highlights now on EFTV.

Excellent highlights as always. Keep up the great work. Thanks.

Always watch the highlights even tho I go to most games, great work!!