Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Club twitter account

It's getting embarrassing with the amount of personal tweets being broadcast from the club's official twitter account.

As well as annoying the fan base it makes us look unprofessional - particularly in front of the watching media.

I realise that the volunteers that run the feed forget which account they are tweeting from but unless something changes these embarrassing mistakes will continue to happen.

A few weeks ago I suggested to @eastfifefc that the official account only be accessed by the club.....and that a new account be accessed by volunteers for match commentary. That suggestion seems to have fallen on deaf ears so I'll repeat it here.

The club is at risk from penalty from the SFA should there be a inappropriate tweet from the official twitter account. It needs sorted

Re: Club twitter account

Give an example of Embarassing... I check it a lot and haven't seen any to date.

I dont see nothing wrong with it? Whoever does the updates please keep up the good work.

What's twitter?

ive never really seen anything embarrassing etc ?

KotS
What's twitter?

It's a new communication thingy where messages get carried from one place to another on clouds. It's the modern equivelant of two sweetie wives blethering to each other over a fence.

KotS
What's twitter?

bit like social network where the club can post up updates on the club, i see nothing wrong though.

The personal stuff is deleted as soon as the mistake has been made - but by then it's too late, damage is done.

I don't claim to have seen them all but There was the "4 weeks till magaluf" tweet .... and the one about Mexico during the World Cup. There was one last night too. Genuine mistakes but not great for the image of the club.

Just been told about this thread. Yes a couple of times I\\\'ve tweeted from the wrong account. I tweeted about magaluf which was laughed at and did nothing to damage the clubs image, it was even turned into something humorous.
Don\\\'t have a clue what the Mexico thing is about so not my fault there. The mistake last night was noticed as I clicked post and was deleted after less than 3 seconds.

The account has a setting on it that every time our chairman tweets it comes as a notification on the phone and automatically switches from my personal account to the east fife account. Mistake was made after this. However nothing that gets posted will damage the club and how on earth is the SFA going to get involved. Have you seen what other accounts post. Clubs such as Hyde FC where they openly mock politicians and stuff while doing their updates.

Hope this clears it up.

FFS Scott try to control your fingers.

Haha I don\'t know if I can. I think I need to buy a phone with big buttons and a huge screen so I can see what account I\'m posting from and to please folk and the SFA 😂

2 years ago the club twitter account was auto tweeting stories about sperm whales in the firth of forth, had about 1500 followers most of whom were spam accounts and there was zero interaction with fans. If it is only the club that accesses the account apart from match days then that's what we go back to.

No we are pushing 5000 followers (one of the highest counts in the lower leagues), tweeting updates from almost every match including friendlies, running weekly competitions, tweeting things that get national press coverage (Daniel Sloss in the Scotsman) and interacting with football fans across Scotland. If the downside to this system is that occasionally we make a mistake and tweet about a holiday to Magaluf then personally I still prefer the new way.

Up to you guys though. We're only doing it to help the club. Say the word and we'll pack it in.

Scott & Ewan , keep up the good work .This person is either mental or just a shite stirring ersehole , ignore him/her . check out the previous posts ,by them . Clearly meant to cause a reaction .

Pharaoh
Scott & Ewan , keep up the good work .This person is either mental or just a shite stirring ersehole , ignore him/her . check out the previous posts ,by them . Clearly meant to cause a reaction .

I think Noisy Crossbar just likes to say NO to everything.

As an exile, the Twitter account in last year has been tremendous at keeping me up to date with stuff. It was more embarrassing before with the string of non football related stories tweeted out.

Disappointed to find out that it's Scott that posted about the holiday. Was hoping 'Magaluf Girl' had joined the club.

Situated down under, I love the updates on Twitter.

Please keep up the good work through the coming season.

Haha we could do our best to bring her to the club and parade her around the stadium at half time 😂😂😂😂

Aye,aye.
Pharaoh

I think Noisy Crossbar just likes to say NO to everything.

NO I don\'t.

"1201: I've just eaten a black pudding roll"

I see the amateurism continues from the official club twitter feed.

Not as bad as the time the official club twitter account called the captain of the opposing team a fucking arsehole, but another example of there being a problem.

Scott - what if you accidentally posted this from the official east fife account rather than your personal account:

@RangersFC Fuck off out Scotland if your gonna sing the English national anthem and show a British flag!!! Arseholes! http://t.co/SusEOefr64

Still think there would be no issue with the SFA?

I know you are at the wind up NC but please stop this. Scott does a great job as a volunteer and has personal views on fitba which can be to steal a phrase from a Radio Scotland phone-in "petty and ill-informed". Most of us are guilty of the same offence but are East Fife through and through.

Not on the wind up on this one.

Looks like the people running the club\\\'s twitter are going try something to prevent these mistakes in the future

Hahaha been told to look at this again.

Noisy Crossbar I know exactly who you are. GM I love how you have sat and read through my tweets to find out what I've said. I have logged out the account and may only use it to give updates. The reason I put myself forward to help was the fact that I go to most games and there wasn't always updates from the account. Made sense in my eyes. Help the people who can always get to games keep up with scores.

Now away with yourself sick of being told to come on this site!

P.s your now blocked from trawling through my tweets thanks.

The news and commentary from the club's twitter account is great - please keep this up - It is the reason I joined twitter.

It's the accidental tweets that I have the issue with. But it sounds like Ewan has proposed a way of stopping it happening in the future.

Accidental being the key word.

I take it all back - the club's twitter account was much better tweeting about black pudding rolls that it is tweeting about the chairman resigning!

Kinda have to agree with NC now, some of the tweets coming out of the official twitter are very unprofessional. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a wee bit banter on it, but a standard of professionalism needs to be kept. One example being of when a photo of someones bet slip was posted with someone putting £100 on Brora captioned "one "loser"". Thing's like this aren't really what should be coming from the club's official account.

Just my own opinion mind .

Loser being person that LOST the £100 they bet on Brora to win....

Your actively looking for something to moan at now.

Trying to keep it humerous, get some "banter" going.

There's a football club account from a team down south, Hyde FC I think it is.
The guy who updates from them is genuinely really funny and his Tweets are pretty off the wall.
I remember them taking a good 8 or 9 nil humping last season and the banter was superb.
I'd imagine a lot of the followers to that account just follow because of the updates.
If they're done well, what's wrong with some banter on Twitter?

That's exactly the account I'm trying to emulate. Get the followers up and create a buzz about the club. Man City use Hyde to play reserve games and players regularly head to the game. Why not get East Fife to be the Scottish equivalent...

Since Hyde have made that account and gotten so large in following they have actually sold 4 times their usual shirt sales. Are you telling me this is only due to locals wanting four shirts each instead of one??

I agree, the Hyde twitter is kind of funny. But... We're miles off being anywhere near as funny as that. If anything it's kind of cringeworthy seeing some of the tweets.
I dont think i'm alone in feeling that the club twitter has taken serious steps back in the past few weeks.

for me the twitter account works well. Keep up the good work lads , good mix of banter and real information