Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Livingston under Investigation- Neil Rankine

Notice of Complaint - Livingston FC Friday, 08 August 2014

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Livingston Football Club
Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Rule 1 – By failing to act towards the Scottish FA with the utmost good faith by not disclosing to the Scottish FA that Neil Rankine, shareholder of Livingston 5 Ltd, the parent company of Livingston FC, also holds interests in East Fife FC and Dumbarton FC;

Rule 7 – By providing false, misleading and/or inaccurate information in respect of Neil Rankine’s eligibility as a fit and proper person by declaring in an Amendment to Official Return form, dated 11th November 2013, that there were no matters to be brought to the attention of the Scottish FA in terms of Article 10, nor any interest in any other club in membership of the Scottish FA in terms of Article 13, the truth being that Neil Rankine then held and continues to hold interests in East Fife FC and Dumbarton FC in addition to his shareholding in Livingston FC through Livingston 5 Ltd;

Rule 11 – By failing to specify Neil Rankine, shareholder of Livingston 5 Ltd, on Livingston FC’s Official Return;

Rule 21 - By holding interests in East Fife FC and Dumbarton FC, through Neil Rankine, shareholder of Livingston 5 Ltd, whereby Livingston FC holds power to influence the management or administration of those two aforementioned other clubs;

Rule 86 – Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by not disclosing to the Scottish FA that Neil Rankine, shareholder of Livingston 5 Ltd, also holds interests in East Fife FC and Dumbarton FC.

Principle hearing date: Wednesday, 10th September 2014

Re: Livingston under Investigation- Neil Rankine

It should also say Sammy...

NB. Please note that neither East Fife nor Dumbarton FC are under investigation and there is no suggestion of improper conduct on their part at this stage.

King Kebab
It should also say Sammy...

NB. Please note that neither East Fife nor Dumbarton FC are under investigation and there is no suggestion of improper conduct on their part at this stage.

Sorry KK - my mistake.

My hope is that the proposed takeover can now gather momentum - if the proposed investors are still interested.

Holy shit.

Took them long enough though to get round to doing something about it. I thought a complaint had been filed with them from the Trust or someboday years back.

Can East Fife be drawn into this????.

union berlin

As KK says = East Fife are not under investigation.

If I was Neil Rankine , I would sell all the shares either I or my proxies held, get what I could for the shares,and enjoy life to the full.

sammy
union berlin

As KK says = East Fife are not under investigation.

If I was Neil Rankine , I would sell all the shares either I or my proxies held, get what I could for the shares,and enjoy life to the full.

East Fife are not under investigation at this time but can this investigation lead to others?.

Interesting timing. We've all known the situation for some years now, and expect the SFA have been well aware. The document in question goes back to last year.

But the SFA choose now to bring this up. Right in the middle of changing compliance officers.

Perhaps they chose the close season because Livi and Dumbarton are in the same league? The best time being when they haven't taken any points off each other. Or maybe they just wanted a wee test case so the old boy can run the new boy through the procedures.

Anyone remember Brown McMaster?

union berlin

Draw your own conclusions. Murray said Rankine was involved previously and he clearly still is involved according to the above. The board were/are well aware.

Bravenet.jQuery(function(){ var emojiConvert = new EmojiConvertor(); emojiConvert.img_set = 'emojione'; emojiConvert.img_sets.emojione.sheet = 'https://apps.bravenet.com/css/sheets/sheet_emojione_64_indexed_128.png'; emojiConvert.allow_native = false; emojiConvert.use_sheet = true; emojiConvert.init_env(); Bravenet.jQuery('.bn-forum-threads-post-comment').each(function() { var replaced = emojiConvert.replace_colons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); replaced = emojiConvert.replace_emoticons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); Bravenet.jQuery(this).html(replaced); }); });

According to Livingston fans, it's not in itself an offence to have an interest in more than one club, so long as it's fully and transparently declared (Airdrie chairman Jim Ballantyne had shares in Rangers before they died). It appears that Rankine's interest in Livingston wasn't fully declared (maybe deliberately or maybe simply an administrative error)so this is why Livingston rather than Dumbarton and you lot are being investigated.

Livingston today hit with a signing embargo due to alleged cash bonuses paid to players and management.
Alleged to involve former chief exec Ged Nixon, who is in turn currently suing the club for a 300 grand loan.
Rankin sayong he'll walk away from Livingston rather than see the club suffer further punishment, even though he's adamant he's done nothing wrong.

Dysart Lino
According to Livingston fans, it\\'s not in itself an offence to have an interest in more than one club, so long as it\\'s fully and transparently declared (Airdrie chairman Jim Ballantyne had shares in Rangers before they died). It appears that Rankine\\'s interest in Livingston wasn\\'t fully declared (maybe deliberately or maybe simply an administrative error)so this is why Livingston rather than Dumbarton and you lot are being investigated.

any updates on this

The hearing scheduled for Sep 10th was postponed apparently. No idea why.