Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Elgin Away - 9th August 14

Our team today according to bbc sport.

East Fife
01 Fleming
02 Mullen
03 Smith
08 Brown
04 Campbell
05 Moyes
17 Beaton
06 Walker
22 Campbell
09 McShane
11 Cook
Substitutes
14 Austin
15 Naysmith
16 Barr
18 Maskrey
21 Rooney

There team (Elgin)

Elgin City
01 Fraser
02 Beveridge
03 Finlayson
08 MacPhee
04 Cooper
05 Trialist
09 Cameron
06 Nicolson
07 Gunn
10 Sutherland
11 Moore
Substitutes
12 MacKenzie
14 McHardy
15 Wyness
16 Cooke
17 Murray
18 McLean
21 Black

referee :- Gavin Duncan

Re: Elgin Away - 9th August 14

H/T still 0-0 both teams battling, another 45 mins to go we have had more possesion, shots and corners hopefully we get a goal which would be nice to take down the road

1-0 to Elgin

1.0 Elgin

Same pish another defeat

Not really were we want to be in the table especially in this league

Gutted! Can't say much bout game as wasn't there but poor result all the same...

The only team in the division not to score???????? Elgin will be nowhere come the end of season. We have got to deal with these teams if we are to get anywhere

And don t gimme any pish about being a doom merchant after one game

Who
The only team in the division not to score???????? Elgin will be nowhere come the end of season. We have got to deal with these teams if we are to get anywhere

And don t gimme any pish about being a doom merchant after one game
How did we play? Were Elgin the better side?

and our comeback season gets off to a flying start.............wait , wtf just happened?

Does it matter how we played. Bottom line is another defeat. Getting a habit. Rather play pish and get 3points. We are playing catch up already.

Anybody really truly confident of goin up??????

Who
Does it matter how we played. Bottom line is another defeat. Getting a habit. Rather play pish and get 3points. We are playing catch up already.

Anybody really truly confident of goin up??????

Please shut the fuck up. We've played ONE game. Our fans are truly the worst in Scotland.

I wonder if SPFL will step in and investigate their trialist player today who was Marvin Andrews and he won man of the match for them we will see. I didnt think you can field trialist in league games.

How long are we going to put up with the manager, he could not do it last season and he won't be any better this season.

So Fat Doug isni bothered about losing to Elgin while our probable nearest rivals are picking up points away at Berwick and Queens Park. First game or not, we are playing catch up

I'm disappointed we have lost, obviously, but we have someone questioning the manager and it's all doom and gloom on here. We battered a 2nd division team, in Forfar, for 65 minutes in the cup, narrowly lost to Stranraer who last year were in the play offs to go up and we've narrowly lost to Elgin, it's hardly a disaster. Will Elgin not win other games this season? Of course they will. After a monster trip down south last weekend, then a beast up North today, followed by another in midweek this coming week, it wouldn't surprise me if we struggled next Saturday as well. I still think we'll be challenging come the end of the season because, believe it or not, the league season is 36 games and not one!!

well said doug, one games not gonna win or lose this league

Man of the Match was Elgin's trialist centre half. Mind you it looked suspiciously like Marvin Andrews! Why are we not trying to sign him? He lives in Fife!

New season. Same old, same old...

We will finish 8th.

home no 5
I wonder if SPFL will step in and investigate their trialist player today who was Marvin Andrews and he won man of the match for them we will see. I didnt think you can field trialist in league games.

Pretty sure last season the rule was that you could play a trialist for a maximum of two league games. That was how Rangers were looking at getting around signing players before their transfer ban was lifted.

Not sure if same this year, but would guess yes.

Dubya
Man of the Match was Elgin's trialist centre half. Mind you it looked suspiciously like Marvin Andrews! Why are we not trying to sign him? He lives in Fife!

dont think he will join us purely he is Raith Rovers through and through another Levein in disguise terms he wont join east fife thats why we looked at another options instead and i thought you had to have signed before you can play league games thanks for clearing that up would be amazing if we got the same treatment as celtic did though its east fife we wont get that and we are punished to play three long distance away games

home no 5
Dubya
Man of the Match was Elgin\'s trialist centre half. Mind you it looked suspiciously like Marvin Andrews! Why are we not trying to sign him? He lives in Fife!

dont think he will join us purely he is Raith Rovers through and through another Levein in disguise terms he wont join east fife thats why we looked at another options instead and i thought you had to have signed before you can play league games thanks for clearing that up would be amazing if we got the same treatment as celtic did though its east fife we wont get that and we are punished to play three long distance away games

Well, I'd be very surprised if he wants to be trailing up to Elgin for matches and training. I hope we've at least tried to sign him. He was absolutely dominating today and could certainly do a job in our League.

Dubya
home no 5
Dubya
Man of the Match was Elgin\\\'s trialist centre half. Mind you it looked suspiciously like Marvin Andrews! Why are we not trying to sign him? He lives in Fife!

Well, I'd be very surprised if he wants to be trailing up to Elgin for matches and training. I hope we've at least tried to sign him. He was absolutely dominating today and could certainly do a job in our League.

thats what i thought but he likes playing against us and needs to stay loyal to his beloved kirkcaldy team so he must get a contract after todays perfomance and we will be seeing him in the return game later on.

Albion
Forfar
To Elgin

big marv said no

I'm sure he will do a job in this league.

But would anyone really want a homophobic god botherer playing for us?

The Dude
I'm sure he will do a job in this league.

But would anyone really want a homophobic god botherer playing for us?

So your anti homophobic and atheist.so what you got to shout about.

Was there and have to say we played some decent stuff... Walker, Moyes, Mullen, Campbell and Beaton all played well. What we lacked was exactly what we were lacking last season; someone that can bang the goals in. We had 2 or 3 okay chances and one pretty good chance that was missed by Fash, but not good enough! For me we were on top until Gary took Beaton off ( who once again was very impressive), dont understand why he was substituted but in my eyes that's what lost us the game as the midfield became disjointed. By the way Marvin Andrews breezed this game and won 90% of the aerial battles... Why the feck did we not play around him? Can we beat Berwick... I think so if we play the type of passing football we have displayed recently... Gary's just got to get the boys scoring.

We should try to get. Craig Wighton in from Dundee on loan to get the goals flowing. Only 5 players on the bench today instead of 7 allowed. Kevin Smith was suspended and Caolin MacAleer must have been injured. Is 18 players the limit of our squad ? If so I reckon we need another 3 or 4 signings to get us through the season

Yeh noticed that Bayviewboy... No Woolley, Faulkner etc... Wonder if ther are farmed out? Agree again.. Screaming out for an out and out scorer.. Maybe not enough cash available for strengthening though!

Folks get used to it manager took us down and won't be bringing us back up .
Good player poor manager need experience to get success going .
Sure some serious decision making to be done by the board soon.
Don't accept mediocrity why should we have too deserve so much better .

Naysmith deserves a chance this season, 1st league game, long way to go!! Enough said!!!!

Debbie B
Naysmith deserves a chance this season, 1st league game, long way to go!! Enough said!!!!

Exactly!
The chances are that the nuggets who post such comments weren't even at the game yesterday. In fact they might not even be East Fife supporters given the frankly ludicrous system of allowing any chancer under any name to post on this website.

Good managerial record ???? I think not
I will keep the humble pie in the freezer just let me know when you want me to put it in the oven
Might go with your post Christmas dinner left overs .
Gary will only be hanging in there to save face for the chairman
I know it's early 1st game this season . Take It all fans good with relegation last season

Efbab? So you have just found this site I take it as I haven't saw your username on here before. Why can't this forum have usernames to stop people posting the same crap under different names?

Anyhoo, we have played 1 league game and you want the manager sacked! Elgin is a tricky place to go to, and I think you suffer from Oldfirmitis. Stop being a boo boy and support the team.

How apt a name poo shoot
Not saying manager should be sacked have I
Just stating the obvious for the season ahead
Shouldn't even be in second division take it your happy with this level of football
Not going to say anymore as talking will be done on the park
Yeah really went for it in transfer market this year look at the squad a championship look about it .
I don't think so
Will leave it at that
I always appreciate folk on here who just don't know the game .

Poo Shoot
Efbab? So you have just found this site I take it as I haven't saw your username on here before. Why can't this forum have usernames to stop people posting the same crap under different names?

Anyhoo, we have played 1 league game and you want the manager sacked! Elgin is a tricky place to go to, and I think you suffer from Oldfirmitis. Stop being a boo boy and support the team.

Yes it's just one league game but as always we are playing catch up from the very start. Every season its the bloody same, pressure on from the very beginning. Nae wonder its always a struggle season after season.

To question the manager after 1 narrow away defeat is crazy. Judge him in a few weeks once things have settled down. This is Naysmith's own team so there will be no excuses. Hopefully we can play wel and get the 3 points on Saturday.

Sack him he is not a manager,that's what we will hear in the next few weeks.

Go back to Del Monte ya fudd!

Fat Doug

You\'re the fudd I am just stating what will be said over the next couple of weeks ya fat fund.

The man from del monte
Fat Doug

You\\\'re the fudd I am just stating what will be said over the next couple of weeks ya fat fund.
Get behind the team you silly little boy! One game in and it's all doom and gloom ffs! Get a grip o yerself!!

DPH
The man from del monte
Fat Doug

You\\\\\\\'re the fudd I am just stating what will be said over the next couple of weeks ya fat fund.
Get behind the team you silly little boy! One game in and it's all doom and gloom ffs! Get a grip o yerself!!
It's all doom and gloom now