Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Game v Berwick Rangers

With all the goings on down at Bayview this week it has defected away from our first home league game of the season against Berwick Rangers. Colin Cameron has a great record as a manager against us and they have a couple of players we were supposedly interested in signing (Lavery & Currie). After last weeks disappointing result, we have to turn the good football into goals if we are to compete at the top of the league. My worry is that the squad is too small as was shown last week when with Macaleer injured and Smith suspended we were only able to name 5 rather than the 7 permitted subs. With the uncertainty surrounding the Club in terms of buy out and takeover, it's unlikely that money will be available to increase the size of the squad. A couple of loan signings may be the only way we can bolster the squad but even that will cost in wages. Craig Wighton of Dundee would be a good addition to the current crop of players and we still need another centre Half.
Hopefully the players can give us a good performance and a positive result to lift the gloom and uncertainty surrounding Bayview at the moment. C'mon the Fife

Re: Game v Berwick Rangers

Good luck to the team today, onwards & upwards!!

'Mon the Fife!

2 - 0 down

not looking good

penalty to Fife

scored, 1-2

2-2

3-2 Berwick

Utter joke of a club.
At least one of the clowns resigned this week. Naysmith really needs to accept he's no manager and go

Owner's master plan right on schedule.

We are well and truly fucked!

Dire performance. First half was disgraceful. Second half not much better. Why is Fash lasting 90mins? Useless!

Manager is clueless.

It's only the start of the season, give it time

ECC
It's only the start of the season, give it time

Ha ha, that's a good one. Bet you said that this time last season. And the season before that. And the season...

We've been giving it time for 20 fucking years and nothing has changed on or off the pitch. Nothing.

East Fife FC 1903-2014 RIP.

Why does fash last 90 mins ? cause every cunt shouts for him, even tho a blind man can see he cannot cut it at this level

Lets blame naysmith tho eh " we better with aitchison" they say at bayview ??? are you cunts for real !!! wtf !!! aye lets bring a youth coach taxi driver back to run things eh that will help .

With this sort of support we wont last till end o year

Brora 8 (eight) Turriff 0 Hmmm.

How long must we be cheated? Constantly fed false promises and hope.
Off the park we are a shambles, on the park we are a shambles.
The boos at half time today were the loudest I have heard, and no wonder. The first half was the worst I've seen in the last 3 seasons of dire football we have had to put up with.
I cant help feeling that the writing is on the wall for the club.
Surely the time has come for action, because its only us the fans that can do something about this.
Its feeling like we're living through the Derrick Brown era all over again.
Its time once and for all we stopped putting up with this.
Maybe its time for a major supporters meeting where we can look at ideas because something has to be done now, because our club is almost dead.

Truly fed up

Surely the time has come for action, because its only us the fans that can do something about this.
quote]

And the fans today showed exactly what they can do by..... BOOING and leaving early!

Fans my fucking arse!

Wee Z
Why does fash last 90 mins ? cause every cunt shouts for him, even tho a blind man can see he cannot cut it at this level

Lets blame naysmith tho eh " we better with aitchison" they say at bayview ??? are you cunts for real !!! wtf !!! aye lets bring a youth coach taxi driver back to run things eh that will help .

With this sort of support we wont last till end o year

Aitchinson was much better than Gary, atleast he played good stuff. However let's move on and look to get a new manager. Gary not cut out for it.

Bored
Truly fed up

quote]

And the fans today showed exactly what they can do by..... BOOING and leaving early!

Fans my fucking arse!

What other fans in the country wouldn't do the same?????? It happens at every club although I would suggest our fans have more to complain about than most.

You obviously haven't attended any away matches because I go to them all and I've seen much more critical fans than ours.

We have had to watch crap for years whilst our neighbours in Cowdenbeath for example are leagues ahead of us

You are clueless and its because of people like you who are content to be served up the same dross week in week out that we are where we are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And your The Fan eh, Bored?

Well when we lose our never been beaten by a non-league side record in midweek and you are on your own at the next home game then I guess you can feel vindicated as the only true fan at the club.

We're all fans, we just show our feeling in different ways and if you don't like it then tough.

Utter shambles on and off the park. We looked clueless the 1st 45 mins then we looked an average league 2 side for the 2nd half.
We didnt deserve anything from that showing today and half these guys didnt look anywhere near good enough. I fear the worst for us this season on that 1st half performance. Where do we go from here? Whats next in the bayview circus of events?
Proud to be a fife fan but probably like many others I want some answers from these cowardly owners on their vision for the future of East Fife
Yours..Pissed off fan....

Truly fed up
Bored
Truly fed up

quote]

Fans my fucking arse!

What other fans in the country wouldn't do the same?????? It happens at every club although I would suggest our fans have more to complain about than most.

You obviously haven't attended any away matches because I go to them all and I've seen much more critical fans than ours.

We have had to watch crap for years whilst our neighbours in Cowdenbeath for example are leagues ahead of us

You are clueless and its because of people like you who are content to be served up the same dross week in week out that we are where we are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You are so wrong! I go to ALL away games too and I disagree with what you are saying about other fans. You are so wrapped up in your belief that you actually support the team and somehow think highly of yourself as a fan. If you boo the team, or leave early when things go wrong, you are NOT supporting your team. it is YOU who should be ashamed of yourself! Look up support in the dictionary and you might just understand what the word means.

Tell me exactly what you, as a fan, is going to do to make the team play better?

The Dude

Well when we lose our never been beaten by a non-league side record in midweek and you are on your own at the next home game then I guess you can feel vindicated as the only true fan at the club.

We're all fans, we just show our feeling in different ways and if you don't like it then tough.

Your sort can all fuck off for me mate!

we pass about all day with no goals under Aitchison and he had a much bigger squad at this time of season with 6 of them full time and how much points did he get first 10 games ? Naysmith is working on a shoe-string and the only person who take job would be dougie Anderson. No money for anyone ...we would be best together as supporters and try and save our club as in my eyes there much bigger issues at bayview

Seriously was that it, what a poor poor effort out the today. You can tell all is not well behind the scenes, just hope all is resolved soon as I am starting to get well pissed off and can't take much more of this.

Don't just be training your fire on the "owners", guys. They have just invested in the club; they don't run it.

When you think about it the vision for the club and the plan for getting there should be coming from the Board. All shareholders, large or small, have placed their trust in them by appointing them. Where is the Board in all this? What plan do they have to get the club out of the mess it is sliding into?

Fat doug and dph you slagged me last week. For stating a fact.I said that it would happen in a couple of weeks. Did not expect it so soon. Here they are shouting for his head already. Just wish they would not bother going.

Wee Z
we pass about all day with no goals under Aitchison and he had a much bigger squad at this time of season with 6 of them full time and how much points did he get first 10 games ? Naysmith is working on a shoe-string and the only person who take job would be dougie Anderson. No money for anyone ...we would be best together as supporters and try and save our club as in my eyes there much bigger issues at bayview

Aitchisons budget was lower than Garys this season. Players that were full time were on part time wages. Gary is much worse and hopeless.

When each of the many new managers in recent years has left, the club has moved a further rung down the ladder. Its about to happen again. I dont believe all those managers could have been without ability. There is something much deeper going on. I dont know what it is specifically, but Bayview is now a managers graveyard. A question ive meant to ask for a while, as i wasnt in the area when it happened, is why did East Fife move from the old Bayview? Ive heard \'they had to\', \'safety reasons\'etc. But im now thinking it must have been for money making reasons, for someone, and that has triggered the decline of the club. Anyone with a clear vision and a genuine interest in the club would not have started us down the road to where we are now.

The only words to describe that today was utter torture. Now you can blame all the goings on behind the scene as an excuse, but we had 2 strikers who never once took a ball in or won a header all game. A midfield that is 15 yards behind the strike force and two wingers who never beat a man all day. Now if i was responsible for coaching that I would be asking myself some hard questions. Then to give away a goal as cheap as that when we have just got back in the game, shows you how low we have got. I have had to ask myself a few hard questions like what an utter waste of £13. The look on every ones facing heading for the exit told its own sorry tale. I am absolutely gutted at how bad we have got in the last 2 years, we bring in players from other clubs who look decent, but we seem to have a habit of getting the worst out of them. I am still behind Naysmith, but the truth is we are boxed in to a corner as Murray has given him a contract until the end of the season, and there is no money to cut his contract short. I can only hope that was a massive hangover from all the crap behind the scenes, but the players and management owe us big time. Let the pay back begin in midweek. We missed Kevin Smith today, him and Campbell to lead the line mid week please as the front 2 today were not up to the job.

Bored
The Dude

We\\\'re all fans, we just show our feeling in different ways and if you don\\\'t like it then tough.

Feck me ! Your sort can all fuck off for me mate! [/quote] Do you really expect the fans / supporters , to be happy about being BOTTOM of the lowest league in sfl status ?

Wonder why there has been no mention of the real factor in today's loss...... Fact the goal keeper, he is fucking total bluff willis's goal not his fault but the last one..... Omg wtf fuckin fanny too busy prancing aboot worrying what aftershave to put on after the game he must be dropped for the next game... Rest of team mince thought Campbell could have started and Ross brown looked composed when he came on. We will win mid week I have no doubt about that. Gary you have got about ten games to sort things or you will be gone that's my prediction. Along wi us tap o the league by xmas

mr305
Bored
The Dude

We\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re all fans, we just show our feeling in different ways and if you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like it then tough.

Feck me ! Your sort can all fuck off for me mate!
Do you really expect the fans / supporters , to be happy about being BOTTOM of the lowest league in sfl status ?

[/quote]

I'll just say what The Dude said - TOUGH! You all want to grow up and stop whinging. The earlier post by the guy saying we fans are the only ones who can do something is a joke, and sums you and his like up. All I have ever seen you particular fans do, is fucking moan! I'm still waiting on what Truly fed up and the rest of 'we fans' are going to do to get the team playing better??

Bored
I'll just say what The Dude said - TOUGH! You all want to grow up and stop whinging. The earlier post by the guy saying we fans are the only ones who can do something is a joke, and sums you and his like up. All I have ever seen you particular fans do, is fucking moan! I'm still waiting on what Truly fed up and the rest of 'we fans' are going to do to get the team playing better??

Hiya Jocky, Hiya Pal.

Same old comments from me as last week
Gary won't last till Xmas
For guys who are both thinking the same
Remember I still have humble pie waiting to be het up
When he most likely jumps ship.
Who would want to work with that old guard board of directors clueless
No vision
No future
No hope
It's sad state of affairs

Still think we can do with another striker in and couple of players in on-loan. Wighton name has been mention from dundee and we missed kev today as we lack upfront fash was well off the pace, lacks confidence as he hasn't scored, Ross Campbell hardly a goalscorer either.
Who was the trialist keeper named on the sub bench today, it wasn't Dylan that's for sure dunno why Dylan was dropped in the first place had a decent run since clyde penalties up until fulham.
I hope we get a win on tuesday night to make up for Saturday's lost was gutted today and really thought we would of gone on to win the game after a comeback to make it 2-2. First half was really bad I have seen us play for a long, long time and didn't even look like any of these players played league one fitbaw last season.
Still I want us to get in short term loan players to boost our squad certainly upfront since kev was missing we have lacked a decent, height, goalscorer since the days of deuchar and wallace.

I would just like to point out that Kevin Smith has scored all of ONE goal in his EF career.Hardly the goalscoring saviour we`re crying out for.

wasn't pretty viewing was it lads? stevie cambells goal was very nice to be fair but other than that very little to talk up.

Got to agree with most ov the posts about our prefomance yesterday.The 2 goals flattered us really.Thought Lavery un Currey(no10) for Berwick were really good and you could see why other clubs showed alot ov attention to them, in them in the summer.Were 2 games in,and hopefully we will turn the corner.Remember guys.the first quarter last season,Peterhead were pish,un looked where they ended up come May.However they had Rodgers un Mccalaster,whilst we have Fash un Kev Smith. Oh dear!!!!!

What was the attendance yesterday?
Be interesting to see how they compare to last season.

Club is a joke on and off the field. Murray had no money when he came in a year back and EF well and truly fell for it. The money was never Murrays in the first place, merely going to be borrowed off the books.
Owners not entirely to blame for this fiasco but board should and must be held accountable.

This club is going to the wall and will be lucky to stay in this league.
This is it folks. This is as good as it gets.

Over and out.

ex fan

Club is a joke on and off the field. Murray had no money when he came in a year back and EF well and truly fell for it. The money was never Murrays in the first place, merely going to be borrowed off the books.
Owners not entirely to blame for this fiasco but board should and must be held accountable.

Over and out.

We are rock bottom. That is a sad fact.

However, the club is not going to die. As supporters, we have a choice. Either let it die or fight. We've done it before and we sure as hell can do it again.

ex fan

Over and out.

You have it exactly right, my friend. The rump of the Board have a lot to answer for.

Bored Stiff
ex fan

Over and out.

You have it exactly right, my friend. The rump of the Board have a lot to answer for.

Absolute drivel!

Kerriann
ex fan

Over and out.

However, the club is not going to die. As supporters, we have a choice. Either let it die or fight. We've done it before and we sure as hell can do it again.

Spot on Kerriann, we will and can do it again.alot of these so called fans can't remember that far back.

Kerriann
ex fan

Over and out.

However, the club is not going to die. As supporters, we have a choice. Either let it die or fight. We\'ve done it before and we sure as hell can do it again.

Spot on Kerriann, we will and can do it again.alot of these so called fans can't remember that far back.The attendance was 645

Zak how the hell can you talk about the attendance yesterday? You are the "supporter" who said you wouldn't go back to watch any games at Bayview. You have no credibility.

Oh not Zak again!
Zak how the hell can you talk about the attendance yesterday? You are the "supporter" who said you wouldn't go back to watch any games at Bayview. You have no credibility.
I was there for the first half,had another engagement for the second half. Lee is no longer there I will be back at some games.up yours.

Oh not Zak again!
Zak how the hell can you talk about the attendance yesterday? You are the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"supporter\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" who said you wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t go back to watch any games at Bayview. You have no credibility.
I was there for the first half,had another engagement for the second half. Lee is no longer there I will be back at some games.up yours. I will always have more credibility than hiding behind silly names.

zak
Oh not Zak again!
Zak how the hell can you talk about the attendance yesterday? You are the \\\"supporter\\\" who said you wouldn\\\'t go back to watch any games at Bayview. You have no credibility.
I was there for the first half,had another engagement for the second half. Lee is no longer there I will be back at some games.up yours.

Zak, what were your issues with Lee Murray?
You strike me as a genuine fan who saw through all the bullshit

frankie fackwit

Aye, a genuine self confessed Celtic fan who didn't like the idea of a Hun Chairman at his wee club.

F.T.O.F.

Patrick Partick
frankie fackwit

Aye, a genuine self confessed Celtic fan who didn\\\\\\\'t like the idea of a Hun Chairman at his wee club.

F.T.O.F.

That's a strange name. At first I thought it was the same surname. How long have you supported East Fife?

Patrick Partick
frankie fackwit

Aye, a genuine self confessed Celtic fan who didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like the idea of a Hun Chairman at his wee club.

F.T.O.F.

That\'s a strange name. At first I thought it was the same surname. How long have you supported East Fife?

You tell them Zak. We need all the fans we can get going to the games. Murray and his cronies were only interested in rangers. Bump the prices up for home fans and let their fans in our end, get his trip to Ibrox directors box

zak
Oh not Zak again!
Zak how the hell can you talk about the attendance yesterday? You are the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"supporter\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" who said you wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t go back to watch any games at Bayview. You have no credibility.
I was there for the first half,had another engagement for the second half. Lee is no longer there I will be back at some games.up yours. I will always have more credibility than hiding behind silly names.

Wonder if you would have left for your pressing engagement at half time if East Fife weren't losing two nil?

Lets not get carried away with Zaks profound perceptions about Murrays chairmanship,he fell out with him cos his wife didnae get tae sing on the karaoke at the poty.

Charlie Chuckles
Lets not get carried away with Zaks profound perceptions about Murrays chairmanship,he fell out with him cos his wife didnae get tae sing on the karaoke at the poty.
who needs enemies with friends like you.