Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fan ownership

I'd like to see fans own the club and appoint competent people to run it.

However, where will the money come from to run the club? The successful teams do no function on gate and sponsorship alone - there is usually a wealthy benefactor willing to squander their cash in return for on pitch success and off pitch ego massaging.

Any fan owned club must leave the door open for the right wealthy benefactor to get involved.

But before we can think about a fan owned East Fife we must first get over the Rankin issue. If he is willing to transfer his shareholding to the trust for a nominal fee then great the club can start afresh. If he is hoping to seek a return on his investment by asking the East Fife fans to raise him 400k he will be sadly disappointed. The fans don't have the means to generate that kind of cash nor do I imagine the fans have the appetite to see rankine get a return.

Rankine is an opportunist who gave us 14 years of neglect, 14 years without investment, a succession of failing chairman and worst of all gave full support to the Derrick Brown years - from which we have still not recovered.

If I were to contribute money to a fan run east fife I would want my money going to developing the club and not into the pockets of an opportunist investor.

Rankine faces the real prospect of getting nothing back for his east fife shares. Furthermore, with the latest buyer( lee murray ) falling through and the sfa matter, he must realise that a nominal offer from the trust is the best price he'll ever get.

Noisy_Crossbar
I\\\'d like to see fans own the club and appoint competent people to run it.

However, where will the money come from to run the club? The successful teams do no function on gate and sponsorship alone - there is usually a wealthy benefactor willing to squander their cash in return for on pitch success and off pitch ego massaging.

Any fan owned club must leave the door open for the right wealthy benefactor to get involved.

But before we can think about a fan owned East Fife we must first get over the Rankin issue. If he is willing to transfer his shareholding to the trust for a nominal fee then great the club can start afresh. If he is hoping to seek a return on his investment by asking the East Fife fans to raise him 400k he will be sadly disappointed. The fans don\\\'t have the means to generate that kind of cash nor do I imagine the fans have the appetite to see rankine get a return.

Rankine is an opportunist who gave us 14 years of neglect, 14 years without investment, a succession of failing chairman and worst of all gave full support to the Derrick Brown years - from which we have still not recovered.

If I were to contribute money to a fan run east fife I would want my money going to developing the club and not into the pockets of an opportunist investor.

Rankine faces the real prospect of getting nothing back for his east fife shares. Furthermore, with the latest buyer( lee murray ) falling through and the sfa matter, he must realise that a nominal offer from the trust is the best price he\\\'ll ever get.

100% correct. Thank you. NTOC take note and please park your sarcasm outside during this struggle. This is where you have to lead, not antagonise supporters who are hurting. If you cannot take the slightest criticism of the Trust\\\\\\\'s effectiveness, you should think hard. This campaign will not be for the faint hearted, if it is to succeed.

fed up fan
Noisy_Crossbar
I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d like to see fans own the club and appoint competent people to run it.

But before we can think about a fan owned East Fife we must first get over the Rankin issue. If he is willing to transfer his shareholding to the trust for a nominal fee then great the club can start afresh. If he is hoping to seek a return on his investment by asking the East Fife fans to raise him 400k he will be sadly disappointed. The fans don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t have the means to generate that kind of cash nor do I imagine the fans have the appetite to see rankine get a return.

Rankine faces the real prospect of getting nothing back for his east fife shares. Furthermore, with the latest buyer( lee murray ) falling through and the sfa matter, he must realise that a nominal offer from the trust is the best price he\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll ever get.

100% correct. Thank you. NTOC take note and please park your sarcasm outside during this struggle. This is where you have to lead, not antagonise supporters who are hurting. If you cannot take the slightest criticism of the Trust\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s effectiveness, you should think hard. This campaign will not be for the faint hearted, if it is to succeed.

Thank you for that (NTOC resists the temptation to resort to sarcasm and acknowledges that someone who attends one meeting,wasn't impressed,does nothing and doesn't come back will turn out to be the backbone of the club - or is that just more sarcasm ???)