Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sad times

In our present plight in terms of relegation to League 2, Chairman resigning, poor start to our League campaign, possibility of fan ownership etc I find it really sad that this forum has deteriorated to such an extent that it has become a medium for people to become abusive to others due to them have differing views. So many posts have deteriorated into personal abuse.
It used to be a site full of banter, discussion and differing views which people would accept.
At this time, the Club needs all the support it can get and everyone pulling in the same direction rather than all the personal abuse. Every Club will have fans with differing points of view and even people who dislike others but the common factor in all fans is that they want the best for THEIR Club !
I would strongly suggest that the Club, Supporters Trust, Supporters Club, Season Ticket Holders, game attenders and anyone with an interest in East Fife moving forward should meet to discuss ideas of how the Club can progress in a positive way to safeguard the future and allow us to move forward. Everyone who has an interest in East Fife should be given the chance to have an input as we seek to move forward and with our dwindling support we need as many as possible pulling in the same direction.
Fan ownership is exactly that - all fans of the Club not just a select few as no doubt money would be sought from all fans if this is to come to fruition. Let's stop all the bickering and personal abuse and let's work together to ensure OUR Club has not only a future but a positive future !

Re: Sad times

A few seasons ago the SC asked the trust to come together for a meeting to discuss problems at East Fife, our invitation was sadly declined, also we invited a trust member onto our committee and that person never came to any of our meetings after they accepted the position. So unless something has changed with the Trust a meeting between the 2 will sadly not go ahead, but if fans and season ticket holders want to hold a meeting then the SC would be interested. You can contact myself or Paul Munro aka mini to discuss in greater detail.

Cazza
I am sure you may be / are factually correct with what you say with the invitation which the SC made to the Trust a few years ago.I do not know why a rep from the Trust did not attend.

What I find sad in the current situation at the Club , with ALL supporters needing to pull together to hopefully bring about fan ownership, that you as an office bearer of the SC should be seen to be divisive by creating barriers between SC and Trust.

The Trust has called a meeting with All supporters after the next home game.
I am both a Trust and SC member but more importantly I am an EF supporter who wishes to see the club flourish.I will be at that meeting.

Will the SC office bearers be attending that meeting.? Or if not as office bearers but as EF suporters

Bayviewboy

I cannot disagree with anything you have written.
I look upon the current situation as hopefully a watershed in the history of the club.
I totally agree with your comments regarding the standard of debate- or perhaps lack of standard- on AFTN and really think that the forum should require registration.
I may disagree with fellow fans opinions but I would rather debate topics with named individuals rather than supporters(?) who hold multiple nom de plumes.

Sammy
There has never been any barriers between the SC and the Trust. We as a SC are fully with the trust and we the office bearers will be at the meeting that the Trust has called.As a SC our aim is to help out East Fife FC where we can and we need as many people as we can get to let this happen.

What is the difference between the SC & the Trust anyway?

How do you join the supporters trust???
I have went to the website but its about 3 years out of date.

Fifeno1, please email me

Alan

In reply to your message the only real difference between the sc and the trust was that the trusts fundraising went to buy shares in the club and the sc fundraising went back into the club to help with day to day running.............

HOWEVER as off now there is no difference between the two as far as I am concerned in that we are now ALL in this together to fight to save OUR club!!

Mini (aka Paul Munro)
Alan

In reply to your message the only real difference between the sc and the trust was that the trusts fundraising went to buy shares in the club and the sc fundraising went back into the club to help with day to day running.............

HOWEVER as off now there is no difference between the two as far as I am concerned in that we are now ALL in this together to fight to save OUR club!!

That last sentence is the best sentence EVER!

Is there any chance of the two amalgamating so that those who haven't been a part of them have one group to support and hopefully take over the club?