Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers at Home

Brutal draw. I wonder if our former board will seek control for one more game!!

Re: Rangers at Home

Get the scaffolding up! Or will we go to another, bigger ground for the money.

Scunnered. I detested their visits last year.

Going to have to put up with more of them in the home end without the terracing up.

Let's hope we can beat them this time and avenge the 2-3 loss last Saturday!

Thought we had got rid of the circus see its back for 1 day only

Hopefully it will be televised then we can keep it at Bayview with just 500 of them allowed in as we will get some decent cash from the tv

you think Lee Murray will re- consider his position lol

It never ceases to amaze me the hatred and bile some of your support have for Scotland's most successful club!

NOT only has "fans" forum found "The Rangers" guilty of everything from closing hospitals to wee Tam fi Auchtertool having bleeding piles!
The hatred continues, even after cashing in on the "blue pound" at every chance you have had, and you will no-doubt do everything in your power to maximise taking every "blue pound" this time around.
While l do not begrudge East Fife Football Club, doing what is best for their club and supporters, l cannot stand the sheer hypocrisy of some of your "so-called" fans.

I suspect the now ex-chairman of your football club, who l hear, was made to feel less than welcome, by the narrow minded few within your support.
All because of his past affiliation with Rangers as a supporter.

Saying all that,I now look forward to once again visiting Methil, and to Methilhill Bowling Club where we were made very welcome by the local East Fife supporters, members and committee. The banter was great, and the price of drink even better. some East fife fans even took the offer of a lift to New Bayview on our supporters bus, where the banter continued until we all shook hands and wished each other all the best and went on our merry way.

The game itself turned out to be (for us) more of the same negative football we had played most of the season, and if truth be told East Fife should have won, although a last minute penalty seen us take all three points.
What was the biggest disappointment for me, was the bile and hatred coming from the home fans.
These fans were not kids, they were men in their 40's and 50's.

I am not just saying it only happened at East Fife, there were pockets of fans at every ground we played at, who did and said the very same things, but that doesn't make it right, it just means there are more stupid people than l thought running around Scotland.

I have now come to the conclusion, that those people also have a soft spot for another Glasgow team, or, they have swallowed the lies that has been "force fed" to them from a very bias Scottish media.
A media l suggest, who has a bigger picture in mind.
Football and politics should be kept apart, but alas this is Scotland 2014.

Every day now documents are coming to light, that suggests Rangers were treated unfairly.
Now, there is no way l am saying Rangers were innocent of everything, but l, as does LNS in his conclusions, think they were trivial compared to the punishment which was meated out by the SFA, SPL and to a lesser extent the SFL.
Now it seems, the very club pulling the strings, are not so clean themselves! in fact they are now being investigated by UEFA and FIFA!
Why has these stories not on the front page of every newspaper? every blog? every forum? every radio talk show or even the national tv news?
Corruption within Scottish football runs deep and the only Club to be forensically investigated and cleared is Rangers. should every other club not be tested the same way? then we'll see who is clean and who isn't!

As l have already said, l have enjoyed my trips to Methil, and was delighted when we were drawn against you again, not only because l have enjoyed the company and made new friends with locals, but l also like to see East Fife benefit from hosting Rangers.
I only hope that true football fans have now seen the truth, and get back to giving each other real Banter instead of Bile.

yours in Sport

True Blue

Govan

Bill McMurdo had this on his blog

http://vanguardbears.co.uk/stewart-regans-succulent-lamb.html

is this the man you want running Scottish football?

You're more than welcome to come back to Methilhill bowling club.

If you have to ask why people hate rangers, the chances are, you are unable to understand.

back from the dead
It never ceases to amaze me the hatred and bile some of your support have for Scotland's most successful club!

NOT only has "fans" forum found "The Rangers" guilty of everything from closing hospitals to wee Tam fi Auchtertool having bleeding piles!
The hatred continues, even after cashing in on the "blue pound" at every chance you have had, and you will no-doubt do everything in your power to maximise taking every "blue pound" this time around.
While l do not begrudge East Fife Football Club, doing what is best for their club and supporters, l cannot stand the sheer hypocrisy of some of your "so-called" fans.

I suspect the now ex-chairman of your football club, who l hear, was made to feel less than welcome, by the narrow minded few within your support.

Saying all that,I now look forward to once again visiting Methil, and to Methilhill Bowling Club where we were made very welcome by the local East Fife supporters, members and committee. The banter was great, and the price of drink even better. some East fife fans even took the offer of a lift to New Bayview on our supporters bus, where the banter continued until we all shook hands and wished each other all the best and went on our merry way.

The game itself turned out to be (for us) more of the same negative football we had played most of the season, and if truth be told East Fife should have won, although a last minute penalty seen us take all three points.
What was the biggest disappointment for me, was the bile and hatred coming from the home fans.
These fans were not kids, they were men in their 40's and 50's.

I am not just saying it only happened at East Fife, there were pockets of fans at every ground we played at, who did and said the very same things, but that doesn't make it right, it just means there are more stupid people than l thought running around Scotland.

I have now come to the conclusion, that those people also have a soft spot for another Glasgow team, or, they have swallowed the lies that has been "force fed" to them from a very bias Scottish media.

Every day now documents are coming to light, that suggests Rangers were treated unfairly.
Now, there is no way l am saying Rangers were innocent of everything, but l, as does LNS in his conclusions, think they were trivial compared to the punishment which was meated out by the SFA, SPL and to a lesser extent the SFL.
Now it seems, the very club pulling the strings, are not so clean themselves! in fact they are now being investigated by UEFA and FIFA!
Why has these stories not on the front page of every newspaper? every blog? every forum? every radio talk show or even the national tv news?
Corruption within Scottish football runs deep and the only Club to be forensically investigated and cleared is Rangers. should every other club not be tested the same way? then we'll see who is clean and who isn't!

As l have already said, l have enjoyed my trips to Methil, and was delighted when we were drawn against you again, not only because l have enjoyed the company and made new friends with locals, but l also like to see East Fife benefit from hosting Rangers.
I only hope that true football fans have now seen the truth, and get back to giving each other real Banter instead of Bile.

yours in Sport

True Blue

Govan

What a pile of paranoid nonsense. What bile are you on about?
Bit of advice pal, lose the chip on the shoulder.

Fifer
back from the dead
It never ceases to amaze me the hatred and bile some of your support have for Scotland\\\'s most successful club!

NOT only has \\\"fans\\\" forum found \\\"The Rangers\\\" guilty of everything from closing hospitals to wee Tam fi Auchtertool having bleeding piles!
The hatred continues, even after cashing in on the \\\"blue pound\\\" at every chance you have had, and you will no-doubt do everything in your power to maximise taking every \\\"blue pound\\\" this time around.
While l do not begrudge East Fife Football Club, doing what is best for their club and supporters, l cannot stand the sheer hypocrisy of some of your \\\"so-called\\\" fans.

These fans were not kids, they were men in their 40\\\'s and 50\\\'s.

I am not just saying it only happened at East Fife, there were pockets of fans at every ground we played at, who did and said the very same things, but that doesn\\\'t make it right, it just means there are more stupid people than l thought running around Scotland.

I have now come to the conclusion, that those people also have a soft spot for another Glasgow team, or, they have swallowed the lies that has been \\\"force fed\\\" to them from a very bias Scottish media.

Corruption within Scottish football runs deep and the only Club to be forensically investigated and cleared is Rangers. should every other club not be tested the same way? then we\\\'ll see who is clean and who isn\\\'t!

yours in Sport

True Blue

Govan

What a pile of paranoid nonsense. What bile are you on about?
Bit of advice pal, lose the chip on the shoulder.

Fifer....You got there before me, but maybe he feels better now he has vented his feelings. What a load of steaming horse shit!

Hopefully it's on the box so we can cash in. Seriously can't be arsed with all the local glory hunting bigots polluting the home end! What's the chances of this game being switched to another venue or even Ibrox?

It's a cert to be on the telly, but the fee from Alba is miniscule compared with a Scottish Cup tie on Sky or even BBC1.
Can't believe any of your fans would want it switched to Ibrox.
Having watched East Fife on the web quite a lot over the last season and a bit, your weakness seems to be defending cross balls, but so long as your centre halves are well drilled in defending high punts and knock-downs, you might have a wee chance.

Think DPH says it all about the East Fife support l was talking about.

Cashing in? The Celtic way!

Why is it, that locals who "likes" Rangers are bigots?

Did you see Mr Murray as a bigot too? Is this the real reason he stood down?

just look at the replies since l put forward my view, then ask yourself who are the BIGOTS?

I GUESS THERE ARE MORE THAN JUST A FEW IN METHIL.

back from the dead
Think DPH says it all about the East Fife support l was talking about.

Cashing in? The Celtic way!

Why is it, that locals who "likes" Rangers are bigots?

Did you see Mr Murray as a bigot too? Is this the real reason he stood down?

just look at the replies since l put forward my view, then ask yourself who are the BIGOTS?

I GUESS THERE ARE MORE THAN JUST A FEW IN METHIL.
If you're born and bred in Levenmouth and support either Celtic or The Rangers then you're a glory hunter imo, why else would you support them and not Partick Thistle or some other wedgie team? Not all Glory hunters are bigots, but I can safely say that the majority of my friends who support either of the so called big two most definitely are. Hope this clears it up for you. Also, don't tag my views with the rest of EF fans, it is my opinion and no one else's and I don't for one minute expect all other EF fans to agree with me. That is all.

Dysart Lino
It's a cert to be on the telly, but the fee from Alba is miniscule compared with a Scottish Cup tie on Sky or even BBC1.
Can't believe any of your fans would want it switched to Ibrox.
Having watched East Fife on the web quite a lot over the last season and a bit, your weakness seems to be defending cross balls, but so long as your centre halves are well drilled in defending high punts and knock-downs, you might have a wee chance.
I agree the past couple of seasons we have been a liability at set pieces and corners, hopefully that is something that Gary and the team can work on. I certainly don't want the cup tie switched from Bayview, was just asking the question as considering our off the field troubles it would make sense to capitalize on a large Rangers support.

Keep it at Bayview, beat them, then make your money from the semis.
As someone looking in from the outside, are your off-field problems as dire as some on here are making out?
I know that long term Rankine / Twigg whoever, are unlikely to invest heavily in the club to take it forward, and I can see why the medium term aim is for fan ownership, but administration usually comes when teams have chronic cash flow problems, and is there any evidence to suggest that's the case at East Fife?

This game could be switched to midweek if the Rangers have players on international duty including under 21s.They have done this last season so will prob do it again.

enfifer
This game could be switched to midweek if the Rangers have players on international duty including under 21s.They have done this last season so will prob do it again.

I will be in Germany for the Scotland game that weekend,so hopefully the date won't be changed and I will miss the circus act coming to town. But somehow I think Super Salary will claim he has players on Internatinal duty and will want the date changed.

We,ll be lucky ti fill the ground for this fixture.

Will defo be a sell out, big game!!!!

Bobjim
What you been smoking?

Randy Grandad
enfifer

I will be in Germany for the Scotland game that weekend,so hopefully the date won\'t be changed and I will miss the circus act coming to town. But somehow I think Super Salary will claim he has players on Internatinal duty and will want the date changed.

I hope the date gets confirmed soon. This Wednesday works for me.

DPH
Bobjim
What you been smoking?

So we will not need scaffolding all around the ground this time. I seem to recall everyone screaming for it in the past. What has changed?

It's only the diddy cup! No point in wasting cash installing terracing for one game, I'd imagine it wouldn't be cost effective where as last season we had 2 games to cover the cost.

DPH
It's only the diddy cup! No point in wasting cash installing terracing for one game, I'd imagine it wouldn't be cost effective where as last season we had 2 games to cover the cost.

a diddy ground for the diddy cup. If we can't grab the opportunity to make money out of a home game against rangers, how do we ever make a few extra quid?

small thinking means small existence
DPH
It\'s only the diddy cup! No point in wasting cash installing terracing for one game, I\'d imagine it wouldn\'t be cost effective where as last season we had 2 games to cover the cost.

a diddy ground for the diddy cup. If we can't grab the opportunity to make money out of a home game against rangers, how do we ever make a few extra quid?
Would it be cost effective for one game though? By the time you pay for it to be put up and get the relevant safety certificate would it be worth it? I don't know how much it would cost that's why I'm asking if it would be worth it.

Why are we thinking of ways to get a big crowd and more income when it doesn't go directly back to the club????
Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!

It being a cup game, the opposing team get 50% of the gate I believe, less costs?

Rangers will get 50% of the gate money, even though they'll have 95% of the supporters. seems fair huh?

Debbie B
Will defo be a sell out, big game!!!!

No chance

ffs
Rangers will get 50% of the gate money, even though they'll have 95% of the supporters. seems fair huh?

This would appear to be a novel approach to kicking a community club in the nether regions for not adopting a discriminatory signing policy throughout the years and relying on local fans and businesses to support us. Well done you for following that institution. You truly are The People.

Rangers are lucky they are actually being allowed to play against anybody! I used to think that Scottish football relied a lot on the old Firm, but now I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Rangers folded and went completely out of existence. We would be well rid of them.

Does anyone know what is happening about this game yet i.e. where it is getting played, when it is getting played, tickets etc etc??

Very little communication from the club at the moment.

fifeno1
Does anyone know what is happening about this game yet i.e. where it is getting played, when it is getting played, tickets etc etc??

Very little communication from the club at the moment.

Hardly surprising as international squads weren,t named till yesterday and with rangers having previous for cancelling games due to players being called up the club will have more than likely have been waiting till squad announcement then on rangers plans.With rangers having 3 players called up for international duty they are entitled to request a postponement and rearrange to another date.Having done this twice before they are looking to do the same for our game,for it be postponed which will happen.

Rangers have only one player in under 21 squad hardly reason for any cancellation

I think they have 3 or more altogether though from other nationalities but as you say hardly a reason to cancel a challenge cup game considering the size of squad they have.

Never thought of that. Goodness other countries must be worse than us

In one of today's papers Rangers will be asking for the game to be changed.
Sheils - Northern Ireland
Mohsni - Tunisa
Lewis McLeoed - U/21

So i'd imgaine we'll be in the same boat Oct 11th when they are due to come to CP and Scotland play same day at Ibrox.

from the official site

Petrofac Training Cup - Update
26 August 2014
We can confirm that our match versus Rangers FC will not take place on Saturday 6th September 2014.

We are currently awaiting confirmation of a date from the SPFL, and will issue an update as soon as we can.

Its laughable that theres a a full fixture card bar the sooper dooper SPL the same day the national team play

ffs
Rangers will get 50% of the gate money, even though they'll have 95% of the supporters. seems fair huh?[/quote

Small and medium sized businesses all over the land paying taxes they are due, while a football club shafts the taxpayer and many of the said small businesses out of money they owe.
The club die, but a new club playing in similar colours at the same stadium are formed, only to rack up millions of pounds of debt within the first two years of their existence.
Is that fair?

Dysart

Tbf have the rovers always been squeaky clean?

You honestly think everything was above board with your glasgow " businessmen" guys? A few years back

Absolutely not - and there were a few bad local businessmen in among the Weedgies - I'll let you speculate.
The result of their activity was that we spent a decade bleeding out our backsides financially and 4 seasons in the 2nd division. Since we came back up, we've had to carefully manage our finances, sometimes to the detriment of the team on the park.
Taking the morally correct step of gradually paying of our creditors has probably caused us longer term hardship than going into administration (at a time when you didn't even get a points deduction (Dundee 1st time / Livi 1st time / Motherwell)), whereby we could have shed the debt and started afresh.

what do you want to be when you grow up?