Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Club in crisis

Bottom league,Chairman resigns,3 league defeats in a row and a Mickey Mouse takeover.
Utter shambles.

Fully expect Naysmith to get punted or walk fairly soon to add to the circus. He's no manager material that's for sure.

Re: Club in crisis

jasper
Bottom league,Chairman resigns,3 league defeats in a row and a Mickey Mouse takeover.
Utter shambles.

Fully expect Naysmith to get punted or walk fairly soon to add to the circus. He's no manager material that's for sure.

I think we should just close down! After 2 months of closure not many would miss us. Doom and gloom!

I've backed manager from day one but no excuses left for him noo. Pointless after 3 games in 4th division says it all. We're in crisis right enough. Watch you don't moan about things though as you might upset people who will then question you're support. Depressing times.

I told you fat dough this would happen fans shouting for the managers head.and you had the hard neck to call me a fudd whose the fudd now.

DPH
I've backed manager from day one but no excuses left for him noo. Pointless after 3 games in 4th division says it all. We're in crisis right enough. Watch you don't moan about things though as you might upset people who will then question you're support. Depressing times.
your just the same.

The man from del monte
I told you fat dough this would happen fans shouting for the managers head.and you had the hard neck to call me a fudd whose the fun now.

Who are you calling dough ya fudd? Also, I am the fun. That is all.

where's the fun shouting for the managers head fudd.

Gary`s record since taking over is absolutely horrific! Consistently fail to trouble the opposition keeper week in week out. Continue to get out fought by teams who want it more than us. Tactics at times and substitutions are very questionable.
The Manager`s enthusiasm isn`t in question but his ability as a Manager now is and his record since taking over backs that up.

Given the situation off the park, we really needed a boost on the park to raise the spirits but unfortunately we are rock bottom and deserve to be.
3 games in and already next week is massive.

We will not need to worry about Gary come Monday

Gary would need to resign, as I cant see there being enough money in the pot to pay him up to the end of the season. In our first 3 league games I bet we haven't had 10 shots on target. I was optimistic after the way we played against Forfar, but it has all went down hill. Even Albion Rovers fans saying we were brutal. You would have thought after a hard fought win in mid week, we would have taken a bit of confidence in to the next game. I have said it before and ill say it again I am really at a loss as to how low we have got. There is Arbroath with a load of x east fife players sitting top of the pile.

The man from del monte
I told you fat dough this would happen fans shouting for the managers head.and you had the hard neck to call me a fudd whose the fudd now.
Calling for the managers head after a narrow away defeat in 1st game of season was premature. I see where you are coming from though.

Naysmith will resign.
Even he can see he can't cut it as a manager.
Fuck sake, we are bottom of the bottom tier. How much worse could it possibly get?

I think that May be my last away game for a while the players don't make an effort so why should the fans.

In the know
We will not need to worry about Gary come Monday

Lets hope that clown is gone. Awful football, awful tactics.

He has been really poor from day one. A lot of us gave him the benefit of the doubt but he has now got his own team. I really fear for our future and think we need a huge lift ( ie Steve Archibald) or similar. Where do we go from here? Only upwards I hope but not so sure!!!

PingPong todays performance was the worst i can recall for many a season... it cant get any worse thats how bad it was... surely it cant but i fear it will!

Manager has not only been what can be described as poor let's face it he took us down.
I have made mention of this in the past and people have tried to shoot me down in flames .
I said there would be humble pie for the folk who said this would not be the case that he would have to go .

Thing is when he does leave / resign he has left no legacy with no youths 17 onwards coming through no reserves .
Nothing for new manager to work with Lee gave him a chance but to his and the boards detriment wrong decision .Good player but never been at that lower level so can't comprehend what's required

Worst thing of all board of old guys no vision no idea of the game
As for fan buy out won't happen good intentions of die hards trying to find a solution but funds won't be forthcoming .

New manager ideas get some experience someone who had taken teams at the bottom and worked way up
Missed a trick with Colin Cameron / jimmy Nicholl
Let's go for Danny Lennon that's my punt bit early to be suggesting it is it look at the league table who wants that ?

Worst thing is knobs like you. The team played well against Forfar which was agreed by most if not all. They were reputed to have played well in the games the narrowly lost away against Stranraer & Elgin. The Berwick game was a game of two halves, which again we narrowly lost.

Okay, it does not look good, but you are saying he has his own team now. How long do you think it takes to 'gel' a team? How many new managers have we wanted to bin after a handful of games? Look at Steve Crawford's reign. Nobody can deny that he didn't have the team playing decent football but he was forced out by your type who have no patience whatsoever.

The point I am making is that we have not given any manager any time of note to do anything and hound them out too soon. Do you think Ronnie Deila will be punted after the Euro humiliation from Warsaw and yesterdays result against Inverness? What about Strachan's early days at Celtic? Willie Ormond didn't have the best of starts with Scotland, but ended up setting a high standard with the team he had time to mould.

Time to you is measured in milli-seconds unfortunately. are you going tyo stump up the money for the likes of Danny Lennon?

Here's a wee snippet from Wikipedia about Jimmy Nicoll -

Prior to the 2010/11-season Jimmy Nicholl was appointed new manager. They were relegated from the First Division to the Second Division on Saturday 14 May 2011 after losing their relegation/promotion play-off semi-final tie 4–2 on aggregate to Brechin City with the first leg at Glebe Park ending 2–2 and the second leg at Central Park ending 2–0 to Brechin City. It was a massive blow to the club especially after being 2–0 up at half time in the first leg in Brechin.

What do you say to that?

Ringo
What do you say to that?

Jimmy Nicholl was a already a proven, Cup-winning manager when your quote was written, so it doesn't compare to Gary in the slightest. Bring on the 'I suppose Cup Winners' Cup-winning Alex Ferguson should've been sacked by Man U' stuff next.

The manager is small fry compared to the dire situation we find ourselves in off the park.

Here we go again
Ringo
What do you say to that?

Jimmy Nicholl was a already a proven, Cup-winning manager when your quote was written

So what is worse, Gary as a rookie manager who had less than half a season with an inherited team, or a proven manager getting a team relegated after a FULL YEAR in charge?

The point is that managers need time and we don't give them that unfortunately.

Utter bollox you talk Ringo.
The point is this club keep appointing rookies and get nowhere.
You would think they would learn eh especially after Crawford but oh no the cheap rookie option just keeps coming.
We've not had a decent team since we last came up 6 years ago and even then we were found out.
This club is on its death bed both on and off the park and people are now walking away.
We've found our rightful place in the bottom pile and that is where we shall stay.
Very sad all this bullshit from Murray and co and pure fantasy.
Trust takeover will never happen and even if it did we,ll still remain bottom tier.
East Fife are pretty much finished.

Been fun at times but most folk are no longer interested in a club that continues to go from one embarrassment to another. The board aint interested. They are just old retired dreamers and keeps them occupied. The owners aint interested because the land is all that concerns them.

To the 300 that are left we admire you and good luck for the future.

I agree Ringo although performance's by team havent been good enough with silly mistakes costing us, the team needs time to gel, all brand new teams do. We will turn the corner & things will be good again, Gary needs time with his new team. East Fife will always be around, support the team & management & good times will return!!!!!!!!!!

i did not think we could be as bad as last season,but in reality were worse.

The squad looks to be lacking 2-3 players. Perhaps with Murray's departure and the financial situation, Gary was not able to make the number or quality of signings he wanted to.

We can debate good and bad management but unless the budget is there to bring good players in, we're going to be poor regardless of the manager.

I'm pretty sure our budget was no different to other clubs in the League. None of the teams are exactly coining it in. It's how you manage that budget and bring in the best players available on the best deal for the club. Gary allegedly went for a small quality squad rather than a large squad of lesser quality. Are some of the players as good as he thought ! Some have still to prove it. The Club were offered various players during the close season but turned them down. One of them has already scored 5/6 in the League above. Yes the budget dictates the squad you can put together but the Manager has to make the right choices of what is available. This all comes down to the Managers opinion and the system he wants to play. Like every Manger, Gary has to carry the can and his future in management will be determined by the choices he has made

The truth is we can't give the manager loads of time to get it right. You do know what happens to the team that finishes bottom of this league this season Ringo don't you? Alot of you will say no way will we finish bottom,but the truth is,another defeat next Saturday against East Stirling, and I will be VERY concerned. Our once proud club is no more proud!

Cowdenbeath,they continue to punch well above their weight due to good managerial appointments and very good coaches.
East Fife, continuously guilty of appointing inexperienced rookie managers and getting nowhere fast.
A board full of retired old men who are quite happy to plod along.

dutton
Cowdenbeath,they continue to punch well above their weight do to good managerial appointments and very good coaches.
East Fife, continuously guilty of appointing inexperienced rookie managers and getting nowhere fast.

Obviously Cowden have a very experienced manager at the moment, but they've had plenty successful rookie managers in the very recent past - Levein, Paatelainen, Lennon and Cameron.

Got to agree the board have no vision. All you have is retired old guys who are like Jack and Victor from Still Game

Dysart Lino
dutton
Cowdenbeath,they continue to punch well above their weight do to good managerial appointments and very good coaches.

Obviously Cowden have a very experienced manager at the moment, but they've had plenty successful rookie managers in the very recent past - Levein, Paatelainen, Lennon and Cameron.

Thanks for telling them that. They are living in a land of their own making and have this distorted view about East Fife. They won't admit that they themselves are the major part of the problems at Bayview. Blaming everything about the club except themselves.

agree
Got to agree the board have no vision. All you have is retired old guys who are like Jack and Victor from Still Game

Got to disagree with that comment. The problem is the board make the mistake of trying to please a minority of fans, who unfortunately shout the loudest, by changing managers far too often. They ('fans') are great examples however of internet trolls.

Anyway, I like Jack & Victor in Still Game, who doesn't?

agree

I am unsure why you pick on the present board. You no doubt along with Dutton screamed with delight at the revolution last season (What does that say about your decision making). What a shambles they were, now that they have ruined the club they leave after a season, we are down a league and potless. It may have seemed a dismal few seasons since we were promoted but compared to last seasons fiasco you should be lucky there are people in place at least trying to keep the club running. They are often slagged by people in the wee small hours after a hard night in front of the games console, this hardly seems fair. We should be trying to help these guys not bring them down, it is not helping our club move forward.

Disagree
agree

I am unsure why you pick on the present board. You no doubt along with Dutton screamed with delight at the revolution last season (What does that say about your decision making). What a shambles they were, now that they have ruined the club they leave after a season, we are down a league and potless. It may have seemed a dismal few seasons since we were promoted but compared to last seasons fiasco you should be lucky there are people in place at least trying to keep the club running. They are often slagged by people in the wee small hours after a hard night in front of the games console, this hardly seems fair. We should be trying to help these guys not bring them down, it is not helping our club move forward.

100% in agreement with the above post, apart from possibly the statement about screaming with delight. I would bet under different guises, they were probably whinging then as well, it is all they know.

Ringo do you seriously expect fans not to criticize and moan about the current situation on and off the park? What do you want us to do? Come on here and sing the teams praises when playing so poor? We have put up with being shit for years and supporters are rightly getting pissed off with it. Maybe it's supporters like yourself who except being shit is holding us back. The club is a shambles and you have a go at the moaners! Who the fuck are you to have a go at people for moaning anyway?

DPH
Ringo do you seriously expect fans not to criticize and moan about the current situation on and off the park? What do you want us to do? Come on here and sing the teams praises when playing so poor? We have put up with being shit for years and supporters are rightly getting pissed off with it. Maybe it's supporters like yourself who except being shit is holding us back. The club is a shambles and you have a go at the moaners! Who the fuck are you to have a go at people for moaning anyway?

Every year you boo boys end up getting a manager the sack, or force them to resign. You just don't accept that this cannot go on or we will never progress. Even when one of them won the 3rd division, he was not good enough either, after indifferent results in the higher league. Do you remember SPF having a go at John Robertson? Was he shite as well?

You are perpetual moaners and unfortunately the internet, via this site, give you a platform to write your pish. And.. who the fuck are you to criticise me? The club is not a shambles. It is only idiots like you, who think that, with your imaginations about administration and all that pure guff!

Ringo, you never got over the fact that you were only in the band by default, did you? Stabbed Pete in the back and they still had to get a session musician to stand in for you on the first two singles. You were pish at singing too. You didn't even get the bloody hint when Paul wrote the lyrics to your song - With a Little Help From My Friends.
Now you are taking out your inadequacies on users of this forum. Still taking the LSD, obviously.
Stick to growing your beard and thinking you are funny. It's what you do best.

Ringo
DPH
Ringo do you seriously expect fans not to criticize and moan about the current situation on and off the park? What do you want us to do? Come on here and sing the teams praises when playing so poor? We have put up with being shit for years and supporters are rightly getting pissed off with it. Maybe it\'s supporters like yourself who except being shit is holding us back. The club is a shambles and you have a go at the moaners! Who the fuck are you to have a go at people for moaning anyway?

Every year you boo boys end up getting a manager the sack, or force them to resign. You just don't accept that this cannot go on or we will never progress. Even when one of them won the 3rd division, he was not good enough either, after indifferent results in the higher league. Do you remember SPF having a go at John Robertson? Was he shite as well?

You are perpetual moaners and unfortunately the internet, via this site, give you a platform to write your pish. And.. who the fuck are you to criticise me? The club is not a shambles. It is only idiots like you, who think that, with your imaginations about administration and all that pure guff!

"the club is not a shambles" That's the best one yet Ringo.

Tell us in your opinion what is the current state of the club if being bottom of the 4th tier, having a recently resigned chairman and the threat of administration hanging over us is not a shambles? A mere crisis perhaps?

You are in total denial about the state of East Fife FC. Try coming into the real world and take your rose tinted specs off.

The Dude
Ringo
DPH
Ringo do you seriously expect fans not to criticize and moan about the current situation on and off the park? What do you want us to do? Come on here and sing the teams praises when playing so poor? We have put up with being shit for years and supporters are rightly getting pissed off with it. Maybe it\\\'s supporters like yourself who except being shit is holding us back. The club is a shambles and you have a go at the moaners! Who the fuck are you to have a go at people for moaning anyway?

Every year you boo boys end up getting a manager the sack, or force them to resign. You just don\'t accept that this cannot go on or we will never progress. Even when one of them won the 3rd division, he was not good enough either, after indifferent results in the higher league. Do you remember SPF having a go at John Robertson? Was he shite as well?

"the club is not a shambles" That's the best one yet Ringo.

Tell us in your opinion what is the current state of the club if being bottom of the 4th tier, having a recently resigned chairman and the threat of administration hanging over us is not a shambles? A mere crisis perhaps?

You are in total denial about the state of East Fife FC. Try coming into the real world and take your rose tinted specs off.

What administration is hanging over us, are you on about? Give me the monetary facts. Some idiot decides to post about IF we go into administration and all you fucking numpties think it is going to happen?? What the fuck?

Okay, administration is not going to happen. The club will be sold to the Trust at a fair price and the fans will be running the club successfully this season.

Right! I have made this imaginary statement, so all of you will like sheep, now think it must be true. I look forward to all your positive comments now.

Baaaa, baaaa, baaaaa. Nutters!

auld fifer
Ringo, you never got over the fact that you were only in the band by default, did you? Stabbed Pete in the back and they still had to get a session musician to stand in for you on the first two singles. You were pish at singing too. You didn't even get the bloody hint when Paul wrote the lyrics to your song - With a Little Help From My Friends.
Now you are taking out your inadequacies on users of this forum. Still taking the LSD, obviously.
Stick to growing your beard and thinking you are funny. It's what you do best.

Ringo, are you Jocky in disguise?

Paul McCartney
auld fifer
Ringo, you never got over the fact that you were only in the band by default, did you? Stabbed Pete in the back and they still had to get a session musician to stand in for you on the first two singles. You were pish at singing too. You didn\'t even get the bloody hint when Paul wrote the lyrics to your song - With a Little Help From My Friends.
Stick to growing your beard and thinking you are funny. It\'s what you do best.

Ringo, are you Jocky in disguise?

What are you on about? My name is Ringo Moon.

As I said, thinking you are funny

Which one of the board is Ringo?

Ohh ..... no idea. Someone you could bank on?

Sad people. When you lose an argument, you then try to discredit those who have picked all the holes in your argument. If I was a director, I wouldn't be giving a shit about your ramblings.

Ringo
Sad people. When you lose an argument, you then try to discredit those who have picked all the holes in your argument. If I was a director, I wouldn\'t be giving a shit about your ramblings.

You think you've won the argument? You have failed to answer my question about where you think the club stands at the moment in any rational way at all. On the contrary you've just spat yer dummy out like a spoilt bairn.

Many of us feel the club is in a bit of a pickle right now and everything is far from rosy. You seem to think otherwise. Tell us why we should all be happy little bunnies and why we shouldn't be moaning?

And if was a Director I would be very unhappy that our fans are unhappy. Losing loyal customers with no prospect of gaining any new ones should be cause for great concern.

The Dude
Ringo
Sad people. When you lose an argument, you then try to discredit those who have picked all the holes in your argument. If I was a director, I wouldn\'t be giving a shit about your ramblings.

You think you've won the argument? You have failed to answer my question about where you think the club stands at the moment in any rational way at all. On the contrary you've just spat yer dummy out like a spoilt bairn.

Many of us feel the club is in a bit of a pickle right now and everything is far from rosy. You seem to think otherwise. Tell us why we should all be happy little bunnies and why we shouldn't be moaning?

That is just it Dude, you always think the club is in a bit of a pickle. It's a never ending saga on this site and your only answer is to criticise and moan.

Oh.. and do you think moaning about things is the best way to get something done? Try and help sometimes when you see someone, or something close to you in a bit of difficulty in future. When you grow up, you might see the sense in doing that. When you cried as a baby to get fed (or to get your bunny), that is moaning that gets results. It doesn't work like that when you are grown up pal!

auld fifer
As I said, thinking you are funny

I'm thinking YOU are a fanny actually.

Ringo - why am I an idiot for suggesting that there is a possibility of administration?

If the findings from Due Diligence are shared on Saturday we'll see how real the threat of administration is.

We'll see how much of the 100K from the Rangers game remains. Because if things are all balanced as you suggest then that will all still be sitting there untouched in the Clydesadale bank right?

I asked "Rab" why he felt all was fine on the financial front but he declined to answer. Would you care to answer instead?

delboy
i did not think we could be as bad as last season,but in reality were worse.

When did we last lose the 1st 3 games of a season,if ever? Any idea!!

Probably the season we got promoted to the 1st.

Disagree
We should be trying to help these guys not bring them down, it is not helping our club move forward.

If the board were to ask the fans for help I am sure the supporters would respond.

In todays courier

Rankine denies claims he is influencing East Fife

By Craig Smith, 25 August 2014 12.18pm.

Under-fire Livingston shareholder Neil Rankine has insisted he is not pulling any strings at East Fife, despite facing an SFA investigation into claims he holds interests in the Methil club.

Fans concerned at the Bayview club’s direction of travel have claimed Rankine somehow holds sway at East Fife through named majority shareholders Lorraine Johnston and Samantha Twigg.

The situation has seen Livingston, where Rankine is a co-owner, hit with a notice of complaint by the Scottish FA for failing to disclose Rankine’s interest in both East Fife and Dumbarton, and facing a disciplinary hearing on September 10 for five alleged breaches of SFA ownership rules.

But, speaking to Courier Sport ahead of the hearing, the former Dumbarton chairman denied the alleged link to East Fife.

He said the only advice he had given the Methil club was a recommendation to now ex-chairman Lee Murray about a managerial appointment.

“There is no one in Methil whose strings I have pulled or even attempted to pull,” he said.

“I gave Lee Murray one piece of advice: hire Gary Bollan, who was unfairly sacked at Livi. But he chose a taxi driver instead. End of advice.

“I don’t even pull any ‘team’ strings at Livi, as seen with them firing Bollan unfairly when they should have waited for compensation as he would have moved on to bigger clubs.

“I help as an unpaid consultant on stadium and strategy matters at Livingston because I have 30 years’ experience and many football club officials keep in touch with me for advice.”

He added: “In my early Dumbarton days, after having put substantial sponsorship money into Falkirk FC and other local teams, I got my football education from Jack Steedman and Bill Barr. Jack taught me how to run a football club as a business and Bill Barr how not to.

“Dumbarton were £500,000 in the red and had an unsafe stadium — when I sold it, it had a new stadium, no debt and well over £100,000 in the bank.”

Mr Rankine claimed former East Fife chairman Bruce Black needed “substantial funds” to save the club from folding in the early 2000s, so he “encouraged” the Johnston Twigg family to invest.

He claimed the family had been expecting “realistic” offers to sell for the last seven years, and said a £600,000 buyout deal — to be paid over 12 years — had been agreed last summer with a consortium led by former club physio Brian McNeill.

He said that “seems to have been scuppered”, adding his solicitors have advised him to “not assist or advise in any capacity” after the pending SFA complaint was lodged.

But he said he “never had or will have any shares or loans” relating to East Fife, and hopes to draw a line under the continued speculation.

“I have never married and have no family relationship with the Johnstons or Twiggs — indeed I am engaged to the second largest shareholder at Livingston FC,” he said.

“I have had a past personal relationship which is over, and indeed also sold Mr Johnston Sr some seaside holiday property which he can’t now give away after dealing with their family for many years in the antiques trade.”

The SFA allege Livingston failed “to act towards the Scottish FA with the utmost good faith by not disclosing to the Scottish FA that Neil Rankine, shareholder of Livingston 5 Ltd, the parent company of Livingston FC, also holds interests in East Fife FC and Dumbarton FC”.

The governing body also say the club provided “false, misleading and/or inaccurate information in respect of Neil Rankine’s eligibility as a fit and proper person” in 2013 and that Livingston had failed to “specify Neil Rankine” on the club’s “official return”.

By continuing to “hold interests in East Fife and Dumbarton in addition to his shareholding in Livingston”, the SFA also say the East Lothian club “holds power to influence the management or administration of those two aforementioned other clubs”.

The final alleged rule breach charges Livingston with “not acting in the best interests of Association Football” by not disclosing Mr Rankine’s alleged interests in East Fife and Dumbarton.

fifeno1

He said the only advice he had given the Methil club was a recommendation to now ex-chairman Lee Murray about a managerial appointment.

“There is no one in Methil whose strings I have pulled or even attempted to pull,” he said.

“I gave Lee Murray one piece of advice: hire Gary Bollan, who was unfairly sacked at Livi. But he chose a taxi driver instead. End of advice.

A literal LOL from that part. Great line from Rankine and sadly also what I've been wondering as to where we may have been without that appointment.

I was pissing myself laughing at that line too.I also wonder where we might be if Gary Bollan hadn`t been overlooked AGAIN after the taxi driver went halfway through the season.

He's chosen his words very carefully, thus appearing even MORE guilty of being our silent owner.

fifeno1

Probably true, he's saying he hasn't pulled any "individual's" strings. So what? That doesn't answer the question of whether he is our sleeping owner.

If Gary Bollan was employed by East Fife, Livi wouldn't have had to pay as much compensation for Bollan being, as he himself puts it, "unfairly sacked".

"He chose a taxi driver." Willie Aitchison was appointed by Brian McNeill, was he not?

“I don’t even pull any ‘team’ strings at Livi, as seen with them firing Bollan unfairly when they should have waited for compensation as he would have moved on to bigger clubs.

“I help as an unpaid consultant on stadium and strategy matters at Livingston because I have 30 years’ experience and many football club officials keep in touch with me for advice.”

He added: “In my early Dumbarton days, after having put substantial sponsorship money into Falkirk FC and other local teams, I got my football education from Jack Steedman and Bill Barr. Jack taught me how to run a football club as a business and Bill Barr how not to.

So why would you get, your then girlfriend, involved in investing in football clubs if she's not got the supposed expertise you've got?

Mr Rankine claimed former East Fife chairman Bruce Black needed “substantial funds” to save the club from folding in the early 2000s, so he “encouraged” the Johnston Twigg family to invest.

Since when did Bruce Black need substantial funds? We needed to get rid of Danskin.

He claimed the family had been expecting “realistic” offers to sell for the last seven years, and said a £600,000 buyout deal — to be paid over 12 years — had been agreed last summer with a consortium led by former club physio Brian McNeill.

£600,000 for a 52% stake in East Fife, realistic? He got them at a discounted rate, a fraction of that, from Danksin. What's he talking about?

But he said he “never had or will have any shares or loans” relating to East Fife, and hopes to draw a line under the continued speculation.

Probably true, in his legal name, at any rate. Just his then girlfriend's name.

“I have never married and have no family relationship with the Johnstons or Twiggs — indeed I am engaged to the second largest shareholder at Livingston FC,” he said.

“I have had a past personal relationship which is over, and indeed also sold Mr Johnston Sr some seaside holiday property which he can’t now give away after dealing with their family for many years in the antiques trade.”

So, you were with her when you advised her to buy the shares (on your behalf) circa 15 years ago?"

I can't believe he's so cocky, stupid and blatantly (going by his evasive and misleading quotes), now, almost certainly the clandestine owner of East Fife through his ex.

Ringo
Disagree
agree

100% in agreement with the above post, apart from possibly the statement about screaming with delight. I would bet under different guises, they were probably whinging then as well, it is all they know.

Ringo, didn`t know if you were aware of this or not but there are 47 different people using your IP address or possibly less than that, posting under different guises.

Kipper verdict - Ringo

Thank you for the data protection Tam. Can you now actually be trusted not to abuse your privileged position as a moderator, as I am very concerned now about your integrity and trustworthiness.

Could you give me a breakdown of all other posters using the same IP address on AFTN Tam? Or do you only post about the ones you don't agree with?

Maybe you don't realise this, but I do work for a very large organisation.

I take it you could probably also put to rest that the IP address is not connected to East Fife in any possible way? Or do you want others to believe the tripe about being a director, seeing as you are taking sides? Is auld fifer your mate or indeed, is he you Tam?

GoF, is this really how you want your moderators to behave? Because Tam obviously disagrees with me by the looks of things, or probably is mates with those people posting a lot of negativity about East Fife (or could be posting himself under a different name), who they all profess to support and love, he can use the position of trust that you placed him in, to post what he just did?

You might try and block the particular IP address, but it won't just be me getting blocked! Knowing GoF, I trust that won't happen and that at least he appreciates that everybody has a right to defend the club, as well as condemn them.

I know you (GoF) have made comments about some of the posts on here in the past, but not because of a disagreement about the club.

Ringo
Thank you for the data protection Tam. Can you now actually be trusted not to abuse your privileged position as a moderator, as I am very concerned now about your integrity and trustworthiness.

Could you give me a breakdown of all other posters using the same IP address on AFTN Tam? Or do you only post about the ones you don't agree with?

I take it you could probably also put to rest that the IP address is not connected to East Fife in any possible way? Or do you want others to believe the tripe about being a director, seeing as you are taking sides? Is auld fifer your mate or indeed, is he you Tam?

GoF, is this really how you want your moderators to behave? Because Tam obviously disagrees with me by the looks of things, or probably is mates with those people posting a lot of negativity about East Fife (or could be posting himself under a different name), who they all profess to support and love, he can use the position of trust that you placed him in, to post what he just did?

You might try and block the particular IP address, but it won't just be me getting blocked! Knowing GoF, I trust that won't happen and that at least he appreciates that everybody has a right to defend the club, as well as condemn them.

I know you (GoF) have made comments about some of the posts on here in the past, but not because of a disagreement about the club.

Ringo, if it is of any comfort , I do actually agree with some of the comments you have made in previous posts. I am however, still trying to work out where in my post that I "obviously" disagree with you, that I`m taking sides and that I`m probably mates with these people posting negatively.

Since I don`t know who you are, I`ve used this forum to bring it to your attention that there are 47 different guises using the same IP address as you.But as you say, you work for a big company.

Tam
Ringo

Ringo, if it is of any comfort , I do actually agree with some of the comments you have made in previous posts. I am however, still trying to work out where in my post that I "obviously" disagree with you, that I`m taking sides and that I`m probably mates with these people posting negatively.

Since I don`t know who you are, I`ve used this forum to bring it to your attention that there are 47 different guises using the same IP address as you.But as you say, you work for a big company.

Sorry Tam, but that reply doesn't wash mate. Why would you bother to post what you did if you had no motive for doing so? It's abuse of your privileged position that GoF gave you, and you know it. Why did you bother to actually take time to interrogate your forum records Tam, if you don't know who I am. Why would you be concerned about me, if that is what you are trying to say.

What you did was pretty low and says a lot about you to the world. And your last sentence confirms it.

Tam has not abused any powers of moderating. I'm certain that GoF would agree. Such a high number of names on one IP is most unusual.

Let's put something into perspective, he's not broken the official secrets act here.

Ringo
Tam
Ringo

Sorry Tam, but that reply doesn't wash mate. Why would you bother to post what you did if you had no motive for doing so? It's abuse of your privileged position that GoF gave you, and you know it. Why did you bother to actually take time to interrogate your forum records Tam, if you don't know who I am. Why would you be concerned about me, if that is what you are trying to say.

What you did was pretty low and says a lot about you to the world. And your last sentence confirms it.

I honestly don`t know why you are getting so wound up about this Ringo. The fact of the matter is that there was 47 different names used under the same IP address.

I won`t comment further just in case you decide to call me childish, talking shite, a moaning b`stard, a knob or an idiot like you have done to other posters who have expressed an opinion on this forum. Now that is pretty low and says a lot about you to the world.

Kerriann
Tam has not abused any powers of moderating. I'm certain that GoF would agree. Such a high number of names on one IP is most unusual.

Let's put something into perspective, he's not broken the official secrets act here.

Well Kerriann, I disagree with you about that. Can you publish all IP address usage, that is numbers of usernames per IP address, now that Tam started the ball rolling?

I am now not so happy about your Trust position if you can defend Tam's post. It looks increasingly like a cleek on this website and your post has damaged my belief that the Trusts plans for fan ownership is not as attractive as I first thought, which is a great shame. You reap what you sow.

Tam
Ringo
Tam
Ringo

I honestly don`t know why you are getting so wound up about this Ringo. The fact of the matter is that there was 47 different names used under the same IP address.

I won`t comment further just in case you decide to call me childish, talking shite, a moaning b`stard, a knob or an idiot like you have done to other posters who have expressed an opinion on this forum. Now that is pretty low and says a lot about you to the world.

The fact is Tam, that you abused your position as a moderator. I ask again, will you publish numbers of usernames per IP addresses? My responses above were in reply to others who have used not so nice terminology against me and others, including the manager of East Fife in this and other threads.

"Lets hope that clown is gone. Awful football, awful tactics."

"Utter bollox you talk Ringo."

"Which one of the board is Ringo?"

And that is only in this thread.

Kipper verdict - Ringo has 47 split personalities and spits the dummy.

Hahaha what is even going on.

I'm taking no sides here however Ringo what company is that big that there are 47 East Fife fans that use this forum...

Why does it bother you that someone looked and noticed 47 different names from 1 IP address, pretty unusual no?

Why are you taking it as a personal attack when we can blatantly see that your throwing out the personal attacks.

The forum needs to be moderated and people can post under different names to cause hassle and justify things being said.

There would be a problem if "tam" posted what aliases you were supposedly using and have what your IP address is...

There is an undermining issue here that is clear to see. Don't have a clue what it is but there is something going on with yourself and others on this site.

captain kipper

Right on cue captain. There you go Tam, check out the captain's IP address.

Scott Young

I'm taking no sides here however Ringo what company is that big that there are 47 East Fife fans that use this forum...

Why does it bother you that someone looked and noticed 47 different names from 1 IP address, pretty unusual no?

Why are you taking it as a personal attack when we can blatantly see that your throwing out the personal attacks.

The forum needs to be moderated and people can post under different names to cause hassle and justify things being said.

There would be a problem if "tam" posted what aliases you were supposedly using and have what your IP address is...

There is an undermining issue here that is clear to see. Don't have a clue what it is but there is something going on with yourself and others on this site.

Simply defending the club I support mate. Why do you find that so difficult to believe, yet sympathise with those who criticise it, on a very regular basis I may add, on all sorts of topics?

Ringo
captain kipper

Check away. I'm not the one on here acting like a spoilt wee child and loathed by everyone.
You're not bright enough to be on the board either.

Kipper verdict - 47 different user names and every one a numpty.
Yer well sussed

The crisis will be if we can't compete with Shire, I have been unfortunate enough to watch them twice this season, Fife twice also although bad Shire are shocking slower than slow at the back, strikers should run riot. All teams have done is press they panic and apart from Elgin give away the goals. Also shire don't score many, the manager has registered as a player mind you it will be a long way round him, reads a game well tho.
Beat by shire and it a crisis even this early in season 6 pointer, for both sides.

captain kipper
Ringo
captain kipper

Check away. I'm not the one on here acting like a spoilt wee child and loathed by everyone.
You're not bright enough to be on the board either.

Kipper verdict - 47 different user names and every one a numpty.
Yer well sussed

So you are a grown up are you?

"We have top fan Ringo.
He da bestest fan in da world.
All will be ok."

Very mature![sarcastic

"Flint, you missed your methadone appointment Ya nugget "
So clever a post with some hidden message??.

"And we're off. Different week, same old shite.
Don't ya just love the "i'm a better supporter than you" line.
Laughable."

So articulate.

In fact, I checked several of your previous posts and not one found that was pro East Fife, or pro anything, in fact were a load of shite actually??

Haha I do?

Give me examples. I pretty much only comment on issues I know about on here, means I don't end up with egg on my face when I'm wrong. You can look up my posts if you wish.

I however have noticed you seem to have an agenda that pretty much every other fan doesn't agree with.

Saying there is no problem with the strip...
I am currently on my second holiday of the summer. I still don't have my football teams shirt to wear proudly. We don't have an away top, surely the SFA will now look into that and punish us.

There are very big problems at the club and you are failing to acknowledge them...

Feel free to reply

Crikey, i have a stalker.

Kipper verdict - the captain has 47 stalkers

Ringo
Scott Young

Simply defending the club I support mate. Why do you find that so difficult to believe, yet sympathise with those who criticise it, on a very regular basis I may add, on all sorts of topics?

You are simply a shite stirring TWAT. Now FUCK OFF .Total prick .

It's been a while since we had a meltdown on this forum.

I think the appropriate "Pie and Bovril" term would be "seething"...

Ringo

Spoke with Tam and he mentioned what he did as you were accusing everyone of posting under different names that didn't agree with you. He was wanting to point out that you may also post under different names.

I have done the same thing myself and have called people out on the forum for it, only when they are making out they don't.

Many of us do. Done it myself to make funny points.

Revealing what the other IP names were would have crossed that line though, and he didn't do that. I've only done that when it's really abusive or stirring fans of other teams. They don't matter!

No regular poster knows your identity and I haven't even bothered looking myself as I don't really care.

But yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions and even if I don't agree with them (which I don't with most of yours), I feel people have the right to express it.

I do with people would accept it and argue it in a sensible manner but that doesn't really seem to be life these days. Usually reverts to name calling and abuse, which people seem to be guilty off on both sides here.

As an aside, not supporting the Trust's buyout because Kerriann posted a comment is frankly baffling to me.

This should be nothing to do with individuals or personalities at this point, as the club is well and truly in the mire.

captain kipper
Ringo
captain kipper

I thought you were talking about me there.

Zak, you're sound mate.
Ringo's just a lost confused soul with 47 other forum names.

Kipper verdict- Ringo is sad and lonely and watches toooo much internet porn.

For the record, I hold no position in the Trust other than being a member. With regards to you saying you will not support the fans' buy-out because of MY comment regarding a post on AFTN - I have no words.

Over and out.

Kerriann
For the record, I hold no position in the Trust other than being a member. With regards to you saying you will not support the fans' buy-out because of MY comment regarding a post on AFTN - I have no words.

Over and out.

You have my vote anytime kerriann.I have known you for years long before all the crap that is put on this forum.

So up until a week or so ago, I can't remember any poster called 'Ringo' on here. Fortunately for him though, he has found a job where it just so happens another 46 East Fife supporters work and all use AFTN. Lunch time must be fun there.

I actually feel sorry for Ringo. What a sad pathetic individual. I hope you and you're 46 friends are happy now you have been rumbled.

DPH
I actually feel sorry for Ringo. What a sad pathetic individual. I hope you and you're 46 friends are happy now you have been rumbled.

Don't feel sorry for me mate. It's not me that needs to be in a cleek to feel like I've won an argument. I am happy with my views and can stand alone with them. What's it like being a serial whinger? It must be great for your family having a good-natured guy like you around - not.

Ringo
I am happy with my views and can stand alone with them.

Ironic post of the week

Noisy_Crossbar
Ringo
I am happy with my views and can stand alone with them.

Ironic post of the week

Stand alone ?? What about the 46 workmates ??

Ringo
DPH

Don't feel sorry for me mate. It's not me that needs to be in a cleek to feel like I've won an argument. I am happy with my views and can stand alone with them. What's it like being a serial whinger? It must be great for your family having a good-natured guy like you around - not.
I'm glad you and you're 46 friends agree with each other!! What a fucking muppet you clearly are. Jog on son. I won't bother replying to any more of you're posts. Found out and made to look stupid. Ta ta. Hahaha

DPH
Ringo
DPH

I'm glad you and you're 46 friends agree with each other!! What a fucking muppet you clearly are. Jog on son. I won't bother replying to any more of you're posts. Found out and made to look stupid. Ta ta. Hahaha

Touched a nerve there pal, eh? Probably because you are constantly arguing at home as well.

Could you just stop posting anything mate? It's mostly shite anyway and very childish.

Kipper verdict - Ringo has no friends apart from the 46 in his tiny mind.

very very sad.

captain kipper
Kipper verdict - Ringo has no friends apart from the 46 in his tiny mind.

very very sad.

My previous post applies to you to Nemo.