Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Goalkeeper

Anyone else think that Fleming is a liability?

Re: Goalkeeper

My personal opinion is I would rather seen young Rooney given a run

Agreed, Rooney was pretty decent in the play-off's. Would like to see him back in

We won 3 - 1 today . let the manager pick the team .

From where I was sitting Naysmith didn't seem very impressed. There was a few occasions where he was having words with GK coach. Especially after they scored! He is dreadful at anything across the goal.

I suspect that the loanee from ST J's will be in next week.

Mr305 I have seen him most games , apart from Brora and Hibs and to be honest he lacks confidence, he was to blame for the goal today, stood on the ball last week that led to the goal. Give Rooney a chance he oozes confidence whereas Fleming does not. Today Moyes gave him pesters on a few occasions. My opinion is not good enough for this level!

I think his confidence went after he came and got absolutely nowhere near a ball at the end of the first half. In the second half, there were a couple of occasions where the defence were eager to deal with it but he had already (wrongly) given them a shout. The goal wasn't his fault though. It was a great ball in and their player got goal side of his marker.

It's difficult enough for new goalkeepers to endear themselves to supporters and teammates alike; but it's even more so when you're fairly lanky with long hair, white boots and socks pulled up to your groin. Sare thumb!

im agreed with him here I think fleming isn't quite good enough for the team.rooney does ooze confidence so maybe time to give him a game and see how he does ?

Agree with a lot of the posts on here that Rooney should probably be given a chance but was talking to him yesterday afternoon and it would appear that he is sidelined through injury at the moment. Hence the reason he was not even on the bench but at least was still there showing his support.

Dylan's not injured, not when I saw him. There's more to it I think Fleming 1st choice how I'll never know but Gary's signing so there you go also he has another keeper in. So we'll see going with all the other young lads I would say loaned or told he can find a club. Just saying.

Thought the young keeper done well today didn't have much to do but looked very confident and couldn't do much about the goals.

Kicking was very good

I had my doubts about Flemming before we even signed him. I spoke to a few junior players at the time and they all thought he would be out his depth. From what I have seen they were not far wrong. I do not feel confident when he plays and expect to lose a goal in a game. I have now watched him since preseason and he looks like what can only be described as a camera keeper. Instead of doing the basics, he has to try the over the top saves that rarely come off. And then his schoolboy tantrums when he loses a goal are well like a spoiled schoolboy. It may be he just needs time to adjust, but I don't think so. He has cost us a few goals already this season with his antics and the manager needs to replace him quickly. i heard a rumour that he told the manager that he was to be first choice keeper when he signed as it was going to be his testimonial season at Kelty this season. If I had been manager, at that point I would have told him to bolt and not be put in a position where I was obliged to play him.

I hope the manager see's sense and for the good of the team and before we are to far out of the promotion race, he changes the keeper situation.

Hopefully the new keeper or Rooney get the nod on Saturday.

JB
Anyone else think that Fleming is a liability?

any chance of admitting you got it wrong and perhaps an apology?

OMG
I had my doubts about Flemming before we even signed him. I spoke to a few junior players at the time and they all thought he would be out his depth. From what I have seen they were not far wrong. I do not feel confident when he plays and expect to lose a goal in a game. I have now watched him since preseason and he looks like what can only be described as a camera keeper. Instead of doing the basics, he has to try the over the top saves that rarely come off. And then his schoolboy tantrums when he loses a goal are well like a spoiled schoolboy. It may be he just needs time to adjust, but I don't think so. He has cost us a few goals already this season with his antics and the manager needs to replace him quickly. i heard a rumour that he told the manager that he was to be first choice keeper when he signed as it was going to be his testimonial season at Kelty this season. If I had been manager, at that point I would have told him to bolt and not be put in a position where I was obliged to play him.

I hope the manager see's sense and for the good of the team and before we are to far out of the promotion race, he changes the keeper situation.

Hopefully the new keeper or Rooney get the nod on Saturday.

Thank goodness the manager doesn't listen to pundits like you.

One Swallow doesn't make a summer!

Think it fair to judge the boy over 1/2 season.

He`s been poor up until yesterday so hopefully that's him settled and turned the corner.

Andy Goram

He`s been poor up until yesterday so hopefully that's him settled and turned the corner.

I wouldn't say that he's been poor until yesterday. Far more composed than young Rooney. A lot of people seem to think Rooney is better than he is. Obviously he performed against Clyde last season but that apart was shakey in subsequent performances. I don't understand why Fleming has been getting some stick. I don't know what standard some people expect for League 2? Fleming has made some great saves. Clearly he has made the odd mistake but show me a player that hasn't? Lets support our players.

Andy Goram

He not poor before, why you say that my friend? He make good saves other games too. I no think you very good goalkeeper, when play for Huns. I no think also, you know much what is football?

Lev Yashin
Andy Goram

He not poor before, why you say that my friend? He make good saves other games too. I no think you very good goalkeeper, when play for Huns. I no think also, you know much what is football?

oh, shut up you tart.