Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEW BID TO BUY CLUB

The current board have made a rival bid to buy the club and have said anyone wanting involved to get in touch. EFSS could work in partnership to buy the club off the board over time?

Re: NEW BID TO BUY CLUB

I hope that the Supporters Trust and the Board can work together on this one. It seems a pity that hasn't already happened since everyone concerned really has the club's best interests at heart. The last thing we need is two "rival" bidders from within the East Fife family.

The charges against Neil Rankine were announced on Friday 8th August and the Directors' approach was made to the major shareholders on Tuesday 12th August.

Not that there's any connection, like - just saying.

KotS
The charges against Neil Rankine were announced on Friday 8th August and the Directors' approach was made to the major shareholders on Tuesday 12th August.

Not that there's any connection, like - just saying.

Lee Murray also resigned on the 12th of August, like - just saying. Jesus 4 + 4 makes 5. Is there nothing simple anymore.

What a coincidence that this has happened just when the trust wants to look into the books,why do they do it now, don't think it is a good thing going into partnership with them , why did they not do anything about it before , they have been there for years and never done anything. Up comes the trust then all of a sudden they want to take over. The Trust must be on there on their own or we will have the same situation again in a couple of years. I will not put in any money into the board - trust coalition. I smell something wrong here.

The Trust should steer clear of any part of the current board.

What is needed is a new era, not the one who many blame for a lot of the shortcomings.

There are many out there, myself included, that wouldn't give a penny to anything that involved the current board or a joint bid, or support the current regime from taking over.

The club needs change. New blood. Younger blood. The status quo does not offer that in the slightest.

Actually, I'm not even sure what they do offer at all because we haven't seen it in the past couple of years.

How can we work with these guys who have been so unsupportive of the trust over the years???!!!
After Eugene resigned, we were told that the board didn't really want anyone else from the trust.
The idea of me investing my money to still have the likes of Jim Stevenson in charge would be crazy.
Basically they want us to put our money in to help secure their positions. No way!!!

Interesting comments from Bruce Black and the current board.

Why has there been no concerted effort by any of the board of directors during the Rankine era (11 years?)

You served on a board during this era Bruce, as one of the Rankine puppets did you make any effort to rid the club of this individual who clearly had no interest as an East Fife fan?

The current members Jim Stevenson and Dave Marshall have East Fife at heart but up untill last night showed no interest whatsoever in working with EFST, nor did they ever put together a package to but out Rankine.Why?

GoF says it all. Only now does this bid by the board go on the official site! We need to be rid of these guys not work with them. No money from me in any deal with them.

Bruce Black
I hope that the Supporters Trust and the Board can work together on this one. It seems a pity that hasn't already happened since everyone concerned really has the club's best interests at heart. The last thing we need is two "rival" bidders from within the East Fife family.

Why didn't you approach the Trust about this possible route of working together Bruce???

And as you are the "Representative" of the "major shareholders" surely it is you who has created this scenario of "two "rival" bidders from within the East Fife family", if you have approached the Trust and the Board???

Are you trying to play two sides against each other???

The last thing we need is infighting amongst the various groups,we've too small a support for all that.Let's wait until we have the facts so we can make an informed decision.

If the current board have anything to do with takeover I won't be contributing a penny I'm afraid

Afraid Im the same, not a penny will be coming from me if the current board are part of this takeover.

As it stands, I would probably not contribute to anything just to keep the board member in blazers.

Remember, this is the same board that refused an announcement being made to promote the meeting on Saturday.

Yep, just let the club die and save a penny for yourselves.

If the SFA enquiry on the 10th Sept doesn't prove Rankines involvement in East Fife then Rankine will simply move the goalposts regarding the price as Mr Murray found out in his own negotiations with him.

Vic
If the SFA enquiry on the 10th Sept doesn't prove Rankines involvement in East Fife then Rankine will simply move the goalposts regarding the price as Mr Murray found out in his own negotiations with him.

Not true. He knows he has problems, the situation is now public, and the chances of being caught are far higher if he continues. He knows he needs to offload these shares whatever happens.

Who is financing the present Boards buyout initiative????????????

(Who is financing the present Boards buyout initiative????????????)

I think it is possibly the Lee Murray consortium. A little bird told me he was coming back on board.

King Kebab
Bruce Black

Why didn't you approach the Trust about this possible route of working together Bruce???

And as you are the "Representative" of the "major shareholders" surely it is you who has created this scenario of "two "rival" bidders from within the East Fife family", if you have approached the Trust and the Board???

Are you trying to play two sides against each other???

This!

And also, could Bruce please answer a previous post querying his statement about Danksin's shares not being bought cut-price?

boaby lover
(Who is financing the present Boards buyout initiative????????????)

I think it is possibly the Lee Murray consortium. A little bird told me he was coming back on board.

I've a sneaky feeling it's him.
Bet he's telling board no to tell anyone!

Too many secrects behind the scenes! The supporters deserve so much better.

Oh no!!

You are right. We seem to be being set up here. When Lee came in last year he was upfront about rescuing us from Rankine. Now this board takes 3 weeks or more to announce their bid. There has been resignations Eugene, Lee and hamilton then an approach to the trust to bid in opposition to another (unnamed to the trust?). Something fishy has been going on and it may be opportune to find out before committing ourselves to buy the shares.

I hope the trust are now in discussion with the board and asking WTF is going on. Both groups are opposed to the major shareholders so should get together to defeat them and not let them set us up to be in opposition to each other

JJ
Oh no!!

You are right. We seem to be being set up here. When Lee came in last year he was upfront about rescuing us from Rankine. Now this board takes 3 weeks or more to announce their bid. There has been resignations Eugene, Lee and hamilton then an approach to the trust to bid in opposition to another (unnamed to the trust?). Something fishy has been going on and it may be opportune to find out before committing ourselves to buy the shares.

I hope the trust are now in discussion with the board and asking WTF is going on. Both groups are opposed to the major shareholders so should get together to defeat them and not let them set us up to be in opposition to each other

Naw, the trust haven't a scooby what's going on. Why don't you get involved JJ, as they obviously need your intuitive advice.

Ringo you come across to me a shit stirrer, Why dont you tell us everything that's going on then as you obviously know more than others.

The reason most of us dont like the idea of the old board as they are like a bowling club committee that dont want change.
When they have the balls to come out and make a statement to us the fans about why they are making their own bid instead of supporting a fans buy out then that's when I will start having a bit more respect for them as East Fife fans.

Ringo
JJ
Oh no!!

Naw, the trust haven't a scooby what's going on. Why don't you get involved JJ, as they obviously need your intuitive advice.
Can you shed some light on what is going on Ringo? Seems to be something fishy going on behind the scenes so can you or one of your`re 40 odd pals put us out of our misery? Shit stirring daftie.....

fifeno1
Ringo you come across to me a shit stirrer, Why dont you tell us everything that's going on then as you obviously know more than others.

The reason most of us dont like the idea of the old board as they are like a bowling club committee that dont want change.
When they have the balls to come out and make a statement to us the fans about why they are making their own bid instead of supporting a fans buy out then that's when I will start having a bit more respect for them as East Fife fans.

It's not about who you like and don't like, because often you will be not liking people you have never met and actually may get a pleasant surprise to find out your idea of them was way wrong. Respect is a two way thing and posts like yours are a bit rich when you condemn people based on a hunch.

It is also insulting to the people in the Trust, when you suggest they don't have a brain in their collective group of heads and need prompting from people, many of whom aren't even in the Trust going on about fan ownership with probably no intention of parting with their cash to achieve fan ownership. Probably join the Trust afterwards and then claim "we did it".

I have no idea what is 'going on' other than what is being put out by all parties, I'm not even in the UK at present, so don't imagine even more crap in your narrow mind.

It is yours and similar posts, that are doing all the shit stirring, hiding behind your keyboards. All I'm doing is highlighting your often ridiculous claims, which have no evidence to back them up, as far as I can see.

Bob, or to give you your keyboard warrior name, Rab, sorry Ringo ....... Where has it been stated that the folk on the trust don't have a brain? Seems the only post mentioning that is yours!

My brain hurts!

Ah...so Ringo is Fifeyboab!

People like you actually hurt the club.

The team could lose very game 10-0 for a whole season and because of your supposed "loyalty" you would still say the manager should be supported and given an indefinite amount of time.

I think because you don't actually go to many games as you work abroad you haven't had to suffer the way supporters like I have. I go to every game home and away, and I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction with things.

In my opinion you are deluded. The very fact you are such a lone voice should make you realise how out of touch you actually are!

FifeyBoab was at the meeting on Saturday, Ringo claims not to have been there. Just saying.

Can we please cut out this nonsense. Targeting individuals from a position of anonymity isn't big or clever.

I don't know who fifeyboab is.

Merely pointing out the irony of "Ringo" making a point about anonymous keyboard warriors.

For me it matters more what is said rather than who says it.

When the sun rises over the Caspian Sea, it'll be a new day and we can get back to discussing what's best for the future of OUR club rather than fighting between ourselves.

Bruce Black

Bruce - it appears that paying in installments has been discussed. Is one of the conditions of an installments based deal that you (or someone else looking after the interests of Lolly/Sammy) take a seat on the East Fife board?

not Bob H
Ah...so Ringo is Fifeyboab!

People like you actually hurt the club.

The team could lose very game 10-0 for a whole season and because of your supposed "loyalty" you would still say the manager should be supported and given an indefinite amount of time.

I think because you don't actually go to many games as you work abroad you haven't had to suffer the way supporters like I have. I go to every game home and away, and I am entitled to express my dissatisfaction with things.

In my opinion you are deluded. The very fact you are such a lone voice should make you realise how out of touch you actually are!

Your out of order Nbh. Why are you attacking me? What has working abroad got to do with anything? I'm hurting the club???? I never said anything about your entitlement to express your views. You should get your facts correct before ranting at the innocents.

Noisy_Crossbar
I don't know who fifeyboab is.

Merely pointing out the irony of "Ringo" making a point about anonymous keyboard warriors.

For me it matters more what is said rather than who says it.

When the sun rises over the Caspian Sea, it'll be a new day and we can get back to discussing what's best for the future of OUR club rather than fighting between ourselves.

Ask Tam to keep you right? He could put the wrong identity issue to bed, at a stroke.

Also, it is ironic that you think what you say is always correct and anybody who disagrees are not, and are harming the club? In addition, you are pointing fingers at real people in the board and Trust when you criticise them collectively. You target shareholders by name and I do not doubt you would not hold back naming anybody if it helped your argument. I may be anonymous, but I only criticise others who are anonymous and do not criticise anybody by name, or by being known as members of the board or Trust.

If you name names, then you should also use your own name when you do that. You don't, because you know that you are too close to the bone with your erroneous comments and you don't want people to know who the shit stirrer is!

For readers other than Bob, Rab and Ringo - you might want to skip the following post - it's pretty dull.

Ringo

Ask Tam to keep you right? He could put the wrong identity issue to bed, at a stroke.

Rab, It doesn't matter to me who you are or what name(s) you choose to use. I take more interest in what is being said rather then who is saying it.

Ringo

Also, it is ironic that you think what you say is always correct and anybody who disagrees are not, and are harming the club?

Is is odd behavior to make statements I believe to be correct? If people disagree with the statements I make I'm keen to learn why. I made a statement on what I perceive to be the poor financial health of the club - you asked me to explain this which I tried to do. You disagreed (fair enough) but declined to respond when I asked you why you felt all was good on the financial front?

At no point have I accused you of harming the club. On the other hand you have made suggestions that my statements do harm. In my opinion, neither of us have any power or influence to say anything that harms the club - we're just not that important.

Ringo

In addition, you are pointing fingers at real people in the board and Trust when you criticise them collectively.

Where have I criticized - and if I have, was that criticism unfair?

Ringo

You target shareholders by name and I do not doubt you would not hold back naming anybody if it helped your argument. I may be anonymous, but I only criticise others who are anonymous and do not criticise anybody by name, or by being known as members of the board or Trust.

If you name names, then you should also use your own name when you do that. You don't, because you know that you are too close to the bone with your erroneous comments and you don't want people to know who the shit stirrer is!

Right.....mmmmm..... don't know what to say to that ..... here's a hamster

The hamster's name is Cecil - you can't say anything bad about him since he's not "a nony-mouse".

Noisy_Crossbar
For readers other than Bob, Rab and Ringo - you might want to skip the following post - it's pretty dull.

Ringo

Rab, It doesn't matter to me who you are or what name(s) you choose to use. I take more interest in what is being said rather then who is saying it.

Ringo

Also, it is ironic that you think what you say is always correct and anybody who disagrees are not, and are harming the club?

Is is odd behavior to make statements I believe to be correct? If people disagree with the statements I make I'm keen to learn why. I made a statement on what I perceive to be the poor financial health of the club - you asked me to explain this which I tried to do. You disagreed (fair enough) but declined to respond when I asked you why you felt all was good on the financial front?

At no point have I accused you of harming the club. On the other hand you have made suggestions that my statements do harm. In my opinion, neither of us have any power or influence to say anything that harms the club - we're just not that important.

Ringo

In addition, you are pointing fingers at real people in the board and Trust when you criticise them collectively.

Where have I criticized - and if I have, was that criticism unfair?

Ringo

You target shareholders by name and I do not doubt you would not hold back naming anybody if it helped your argument. I may be anonymous, but I only criticise others who are anonymous and do not criticise anybody by name, or by being known as members of the board or Trust.

Right.....mmmmm..... don't know what to say to that ..... here's a hamster

The hamster's name is Cecil - you can't say anything bad about him since he's not "a nony-mouse".

Is it true you're missing tomorrow's game cause you're having trouble with your hamstering?

KotS

Is it true you're missing tomorrow's game cause you're having trouble with your hamstering?

That is a gnawful pun.

But you are correct, I will be missing the game this squeak-end.

If its the same trouble I have, you just need a stronger toilet roll tube and a bigger bit of cheese.