Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Petrofac Cup - Semi Final Draw

No mention of this yet but I see that we have drawn Alloa Athletic away in the semis of the Challenge Petronium Cup!!!

Livingston drew Stranrear in the other tie!!!

Both ties to be played on the 12th October, only nine days before we play the Quarter Final, still no worked that one out yet??

Re: Petrofac Cup - Semi Final Draw

Fans ripped off again £20 for an adult. £15th concessions.£10 for a child.is Lee Murray back.

That's hellish.
The final in April was £20 for adults and £10 for kids and that was a massive hike on the prices of previous finals.
However, it might be out of East Fife's hands - I'm sure the rule for pricing cup ties is that unless both clubs agree to a reduction, it goes on the normal league admission prices for the team from the higher league, as it's a split gate.
And there's a wee rumour floating about that The Rangers are in need of money.

£20 is quite simply ridiculous.

Anyone know why the admission price is £7.00 more for this game ?

I'm giving it a miss on principle. £20 for a Challenge Cup game is taking the piss.

Presumably though there will be a much bigger expenditure for security and policing for this match?

Another own goal from the board. Whether or not we need the cash, there is no justification ion charging an extra £7 per head to play The Rangers.
Disgraceful.

My understanding is as the gate is shared there would need to be agreement by both clubs on a reduction in admission prices. If not then prices for club in highest division are applied.

Missing the game as on holiday but I very much doubt I would have been prepared to pay that amount.

martin black
My understanding is as the gate is shared there would need to be agreement by both clubs on a reduction in admission prices. If not then prices for club in highest division are applied.
it was not £ 20. For the game rangers against the rovers and they would have needed more policing and stewards so how do you make out higher league prices it was not £20 for previous rounds either somebody is scamming

According to EF website, public sale of tickets starts on Saturday. Would make sense to sell them from inside the stadium to ensure that they don't fall into the wrong hands, or at least the club have benefited by another £13 per ticket.

Good point but I very much doubt that will happen.

They better sell as many as possible to Rangers fans in the home end, otherwise it will be rather empty. £20 for the Diddy cup, is bad enough, but after what I've seen in George Square tonight, I never want to be in the same stadium as them, ever again. Heartbreaking.

Ian L
They better sell as many as possible to Rangers fans in the home end, otherwise it will be rather empty. £20 for the Diddy cup, is bad enough, but after what I've seen in George Square tonight, I never want to be in the same stadium as them, ever again. Heartbreaking.

^ This.

effc
Ian L

^ This.

Follow East Fife home and away but agree will not pay to be inthe same stadium as those pathetic morons that I witnessed tonight on TV tonight in George Square. Turns my guts to watch that?..