Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Score

Greetings from Methil for those who did not get todays score it was 7-0
East Fife.
I used the concessions gate and nobody asked me for proof of age ( ID )
I was politely ushered in.

Re: Todays Score

Should you be bragging about getting in via the concession gate you old looking tossed??????

Nothing about the game from the usual moaners and groaners and can't find any report elsewhere so for the sake of us exiles, was it a stroll and what was the line up.

Yep defo stroll for team today, Threave very poor.

Team

Fleming
Mullen
S. Smith replaced by K. Smith 12 mins injury
S. Campbell replaced by Maskrey 67 min
Moyes
Walker
Brown
McShane
Austin replaced by Macaleer 60 min
Beaton
R. Campbell

Subs not used Rooney & Barr

Liam Smith & Page cup tied

look forward to 3rd round draw on Monday, hopefully get home tie again!!

And you expect the club to put a team on the park
While your ripping them off ,well done pal

Starting XI was Fleming, Mullen, Campbell, Moyes, S Smith, walker, Brown, Austin, Campbell, Beaton & McShane.
Fash got an early goal after some horrendous defending by the Threave defence. Fleming pulled off an excellent save from a header bound for the top corner. Playing with a 4-2-4 formation it was no surprise when Fash got his second, McShane finished well from the edge of the box before Fash completed his hat trick before half time. Scott Smith was substituted and subsequently was taken to hospital after sustaining a lower leg injury.
The second half saw the team revert to a more orthodox 4-4-2 formation but two goals in a couple of minutes through McShane and Ross Campbell put the game to bed. After another couple of substitutions and positional changes, Threave threatened a few times before Caolin McAleer grabbed the seventh. Young David Maskrey did really well when introduced in the second half and a few players who hadn't played much also got some much needed game time. All in all a very comprehensive win and some good football played but the opposition who never stopped trying were fairly poor.
Hopefully Scott Smiths injury is not as serious as it seemed as we have a busy couple of weeks where a couple of wins against Clyde and Annan at home would strengthen our position in the top half of the League. Anyone any news on Alan Cook ? He has only made sporadic appearances for a player who should be a welcome injection of pace and directness to the squad.

I am proud of the fact I am a young looking fellow, who will never see 74 years again, and this allows me to use the concessions gate
It must be the beautiful California weather and my non indulgence of alcohol.
Jealousy gets you nowhere.

Erse
And you expect the club to put a team on the park
While your ripping them off ,well done pal

Your heid must be up your arse, when you cannot comprehend a 74 year old plus can use the CONSESSION GATE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!LEGALLY.
Where is the rip off ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Further more I will be using the concession gate for Clyde, Anna and the
Rangers games.

My mum is 85 and today got asked outside the turnstiles for proof that she was over 60. She puts her young looks down to the fresh Methil air and a wee brandy now and again !

Exiled Fifer
Nothing about the game from the usual moaners and groaners and can't find any report elsewhere so for the sake of us exiles, was it a stroll and what was the line up.

Was it a stroll ? NAW WE WON 7 - 0 What do you think ? FFS

mr305
Exiled Fifer

Was it a stroll ? NAW WE WON 7 - 0 What do you think ? FFS

Excuse me for asking, but of course I should have realised that a scoreline reflects how a game panned out. Seem to remember a Fife victory a few years back when they won by 4 or 5 goals at Dumbarton and that was not a stroll if I recall. Similarly, a close result would indicate in your way of thinking, a tight game like the Scotland game in Prague under Levein ,certainly a close game if you go by the scoreline. In reality and in the words of Jim Royle " my arse ".

Bear in mind, FFS we exiles have to rely on reports on games to enable us to follow our team but given the lack of any type of match details at the time of writing,and your clear reminder that every scoreline should tell the story, I will refrain from posing such stupid questions and just go by the score to resolve the uncertainty.

Match Highlights now up!!!

http://vimeo.com/108039405