Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Clyde game

The official site is showing that the Clyde game kicks off at 3 pm but I thought the kick off had been moved to 1 pm. So what is it?

Re: Clyde game

Its 1 pm because of Scotland game, the official site is wrong!!

Let's make an atmosphere at the game, the last time we played Clyde at home I found out that the atmosphere was loud and brilliant (I was not at the game but my brother was) I tried to make an atmosphere at the East Stirling, Dunfermline and Queen's Park games, bring your drums, banners, flags etc.

Wish it was on Fri night, probs get a decent crowd at the game and frees up the Sat to hopefully enjoy a Scotland win.

Can't make it as at Scotland game.. Suspect crowd will be por because of the clash of day... Move it to a Friday and it would probably a bigger than average crowd! It's not feckin rocket science!

Also can't make it due to the Scotland game. Can't believe the board didn't think this situation through...... But then again! :-(

Fan
Also can't make it due to the Scotland game. Can't believe the board didn't think this situation through...... But then again! :-(

DPH, Drastic Dave and Fan, Why would you think that if you lads, who are on the keyboard last thing at night and first thing in the morning can work out it would have been better on a Friday the club Secretary who has been doing the job for years would not have worked that out as well. I can only assume he tried to get it changed and could not. If it is not rocket science I am sure he would have thought of it.

I am led to believe the club offered Friday and Sunday as alternatives to Clyde but both were rejected.

We need to petition to the SPFL to change it to a Friday night.

MF14 Ultra
We need to petition to the SPFL to change it to a Friday night.

Agreed. Let us know when you have organised it.