Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T Indian Takeaway

Can someone recommend me a good India Takeaway in the Leven area. When back in port I used to use the Caspian however was wondering what people would recommend.

Re: O/T Indian Takeaway

Zaikas is prob the nearest to being good in the area.

Bawz it is, are you looking for a top quality Indian meal or a place that slaps out pizzas and kebabs as well???

If it's good Indian food then the Bangladesh Tandoori, on Durie Street is the best in the area, if you're looking for fast food then I recommend Real Spice at the Shorehead!!!

Bangladeshi Tandoori has been closed for the last two weeks so has Bar 25 next door,sign in the window says - Closed for refurbishment.Plus it was burgled last weekend.

Knew Bar 25 was shut, but the Bangladeshi was open last Saturday!!!

But even when it's closed, it's still the best!!!

The kitchen shares the same flat roof as Bar 25 and the water is pissing in evrywhere,dont be surprised if it never opens again as it is beyond repair and needs totally renewed.

That's hellish!!!

We waited, what??? about seven years for a decent replacement for "Wee Joe's" to finally come along, one finally does and the roof caves in!!!

FFS

Dinnae worry,new Indian takeaway opening in the old AT Mays in Commercial Rd,hurrah.!!!

Indian takeaway opening in Commercial Road? I think you will find it's a dentist that is opening .

Yeh Tam's right. It's my dentist moving across the road!

Thanks Guys,Much appreciated

Taste of India is brilliant! Either sit in or takeaway, good curries!

Indian
Taste of India is brilliant! Either sit in or takeaway, good curries!

I don't know how anyone can say that the Taste of India is brilliant. We went the other week as we had been told that it was new people that had it and it was really good. It was actually worse than when the wee baldy guy had it and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Fan
Zaikas is prob the nearest to being good in the area.

Zaika is the best, walking distance from the stadium and nearest it, best service in Leven and they also sell a variety of food like other takeaways.