Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tonights game

Does anyone know if there will be a safety inspection early on with all the high winds for this game maybe being in doubt?

Re: Tonights game

Weather warning is in place until 1800.

But given folk would have to travel while the weather warning is in place, perhaps better to postpone.

Means that our own Kevin "The Hurricane" Smith might be fit if the game were rearranged.

Anymore word on this? Blowy as hell out there just now

Maybe if naysmith and the club did not pay well over the odds for average players at start of season he might have had a big enough squad.Instead of greeting in paper about only having 13 fit players.

H/T Fife 0 - 1 Huns

Fife 0 - 2 Huns

Stadium announcement,"Can all fans with cars please remain in the stadium until the pigs give the all clear to leave"
WTF

The message was to ensure the safety of pedestrians exiting the club grounds.

Tonight's game pretty much as expected. Lenient referee who gives Templeton a slap on the wrist for a blatant foul then proceeded to give Rangers free kicks all around East Fife 18 yard box and booking four different players for blowing Templeton over.

But all in all a much better performance than recent games. Fleming needs to come and cut out crosses as he has the height for it. Wall set out bad for free kick that led to second goal as you can't give a player the option whether to slam it straight at the goals as Black did and score or chip it over the wall.

Lewis Barr had his best game in a lwhile. Brown, Walker and Beaton played well. Moyes good in the air as usual and Steve Campbell was absolutely immense, a stand out.

Hope we can build on this performance.

I thought the game was decent last night, atmosphere a lot local maybe because rangers fans think this is a Diddy cup to them and given lesser allocation for tonight than in march, I thought it made a great show and a fair balance of support for both sides even though McCoist would want to win the challenge cup at last after last season cup final loss to our good friends along the road.
I thought we were solid at the back espically Moyes and Campbell we were great and I totally think the referee misjudge and got his decision wrong over the 2nd goal as it was the softest free kick to give and black hit the ball straight through the wall with a fluke shot I have to say but I didn't expect rangers to score so little last night as they did with a full squad and strongest team minus Bell and the big long haired defender who was banned and us only have 13 or so players who were able to play and seeing rangers beat Rovers 6-1. i thought we created chances too as well as being on the back foot to a rangers side sitting behind hearts in the championship race and one shot at the end too and it should give us confiendance from tonight's game for games ahead and focus on the rest of the season hopefully we can reduce our injury list soon rather than later as well next up berwick in the scottish cup. Hopefully players take some pride and confiendance after tonight game to take to on saturday and feeling refreshed after battling a side like rangers two division above and drawing with annan. All I can say the players have shown great to get this far in the Petrofac cup and in the cup after watching my side get relegated last season via play-offs and the ugly scenes off the park regarding murray leaving and future of my club. Let's be proud of the club and keep supporting the club and team and efforts for the rest of this season

Rangers went thou the motions, we settled for damage limitation

Atmosphere non existent

As for the second being a fluke, if you have a badly formed wall and a goalkeeper that lets shot through his hands that's no fluke, it's bad defending

The second goal was Flemings fault. There were two players on the right side of the wall before the shot was taken and he shouted at them to get out of the wall. He was inviting Black to shoot at that side which he did. Not a great atmosphere and to many gers in the home end. At times we did pass the ball about but created nothing in the final third.

Main thing was we came through with no injuries.

Again the home end full of current buns, but given our financial situation, every £20 was welcome