Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disabled Parking

I have a State of California disabled parking placard along with the identification, papers allowing me to use it, from the State of California.
At tonights game a steward told me it was of no use as it was not legal in Scotland only British issued placards were legal, after a discussion he alloewd us to park in a disabled spot.
Recently I parked in Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington and Vancouver and Montreal Canada with no problems.
On other occaisions I have used my placard in Dunkirk France and Brugge with
no problems, also parked in Guildford Surrey no problem.
If I am legally disabled in one country therefore I must be legally disabled in the large city of METHIL.
East Fife chief of stewards train your people in Disabled Placard protocall.
The steward was given the chance to look at my proper identification for using the placard but refused to look at it.

Re: Disabled Parking

What do you expect ffs?
They are stewards after all
All thick as fuck erseholes.

Hi Rab been looking out for you down leven I hope I see you before you go back to the states?

Big Rab
I have a State of California disabled parking placard along with the identification, papers allowing me to use it, from the State of California.
At tonights game a steward told me it was of no use as it was not legal in Scotland only British issued placards were legal, after a discussion he alloewd us to park in a disabled spot.
Recently I parked in Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington and Vancouver and Montreal Canada with no problems.
On other occaisions I have used my placard in Dunkirk France and Brugge with
no problems, also parked in Guildford Surrey no problem.
If I am legally disabled in one country therefore I must be legally disabled in the large city of METHIL.
East Fife chief of stewards train your people in Disabled Placard protocall.
The steward was given the chance to look at my proper identification for using the placard but refused to look at it.

For a disabled person , you really do get about a lot don't you ? maybe the steward thought you were taking the pish ?

I have a degree of sympathy for your plight Rab but how do you think California's finest would respond to a Scottish disabled badge?

Common sense prevailed in the end. Hope you enjoyed the game.

Fifer
I have a degree of sympathy for your plight Rab but how do you think California's finest would respond to a Scottish disabled badge?

California's finest use common sense, a Disabled Badge is a DISABLED BADGE,
AS LONG AS IT IS PROPERLY DISPLAYED hanging from ypur rear mirror, if you do
not have a rear mirror ( some RV'S do not then display it on the dash ).
Regarding my travels I was in Dunkirk and Brugge in 2004, Montreal in 2010 and the other places in September 2014 before I came over here.
I love to spend my money travelling nobody is going to pee my money in a urnial and say he was a good fellow.
I worked shift work for 32 years only one weekend off a month, hence the teavel bug
I offered proof that my Disabled Placard is real he did not want to see it

Fifer

When did any steward have common sense. They are just a bunch of jobsworths, most of them don't have a proper security training and id.

Good job you were not at any of The Rangers games last season,then you would have seen what real poor Stewarding was all about.