Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re: Queen's Park Latest Score

Queen's Park 2 Fraser 15′ (pen) McElroy 39′ .
East Fife 0

HT 2-0

BAWZ!

No surprise really. Shambles on and off the park.

This is becoming another brutal season! Where do we go from here?!

Naysmith made a big deal of getting the players he wanted even though we got relegated. So are they not good enough or is Naysmith not getting enough out of them?

Against Annan that has to be up there with one of the worst games ever at Bayview. Naysmith tactics are so rigid and we don't get enough out of players like Mclear and Walker. He needs to free up McLear as his directness and pace causes defenders problems. But Gary prefers a defensive 4411 with K Smith having to do all the creative work.

Really starting to question Naysmith as even when we have won ( apart from Arbroath) it's hardly been convincing. He has only managed one good 90 mins out the team since he has been in charge.

I also feel we haven't made enough of the loan system. A Goalie, two CBs? Did we not loan one from Dundee who seems to have disappeared. Liam smith tbf has been ok. Look at Arbroath though they have striker who is banging in the goals and Murray also looks very good. Loan signings should improve the team not make up the numbers.

Fat Doug
This is becoming another brutal season! Where do we go from here?!

The Lowland League?

Oblivion and demise? Might not be a bad idea given what a shambles this club has become.

Like people have said already, a complete and utter shambles on and off the park. Really, really starting to worry about the future of this club.

Queen's Park 3, East Fife 0.

3-0

Naysmith is clueless. Completely out his depth in management.
These signings are a bunch of utter hams and given the utter hams we offloaded to Arbroath it makes you wonder if Naysmith is any good with hams.

Out by Christmas, another joker in by January, club continues to get worse and administration by September 15.

Happy days for the biggest joke club in Fife

Queen's Park 3 Fraser 15′ (pen) McElroy 39′ Miller 81′ .
East Fife 0
FT

PISH

Naysmith is the problem, he has had plenty of time to prove what he can do and has been found totally wanting. Look at Arbroath with a bunch of East Fife rejects, storming away with the league. A decent manager would have had us in a play off position at least given the generally piss poor standard of this league.

Time for him to go.

Gary Naysmith is not the problem. The team played well in spells today and just lacked in the final third. When Naysmith played against Arbroath they looked solid at the back. I think fash struggled today and never got into the game.

The team are more than capable of being in the top 3 they just need to start getting the consistency

Winston ingram
Gary Naysmith is not the problem. The team played well in spells today and just lacked in the final third. When Naysmith played against Arbroath they looked solid at the back. I think fash struggled today and never got into the game.

The team are more than capable of being in the top 3 they just need to start getting the consistency

Can I have what you are taking?!!!

Had we won today we would have been second. Shows how pish this league is. Next week's cup game is a must win for Gary.

Winston ingram

Lol d4f

Your the fud and let me guess you are a bloke that has never played football at any decent level. East Fife had most of the possession and just never done anything in the last third. How can a team that is poor beat the team that's at the top of the league.

I would even put money on your shaped like the ball

Lol they got gubbed ya nugget. How much more evidence do you need?
You are an idiot sir

Yes they got beat by a better team on the day. They were more clinical and took there chances. They had a penalty and the third goal was poor goal keeping. You have to remember East Fife had a mid week game too

We're you there

2nd in the league if we won today,what league table wer you lookin at

The Dude
Naysmith is the problem, he has had plenty of time to prove what he can do and has been found totally wanting. Look at Arbroath with a bunch of East Fife rejects, storming away with the league. A decent manager would have had us in a play off position at least given the generally piss poor standard of this league.

Time for him to go.

Young supporters make a banner saying #naismithout, he deserves to go, he was good before the award this season with a winning streak and no defeats in league buisness during September but now he is now in the merry-go round of inexperienced managers from recent years, banner to be made for next home game, bring it along to the ground and show it high facing the dugouts also get an MF14 top, one of the boys said it's £18 because he checked it in the club shop, extremely concerned about the club's future, if he does not quit we'll be in the Lowland League and admistration if the board outbids the EFSS and we can't have that, support the club during this bleak period.

MF14 Ultra
The Dude

Time for him to go.

Young supporters make a banner saying #naismithout, he deserves to go, he was good before the award this season with a winning streak and no defeats in league buisness during September but now he is now in the merry-go round of inexperienced managers from recent years, banner to be made for next home game, bring it along to the ground and show it high facing the dugouts also get an MF14 top, one of the boys said it's £18 because he checked it in the club shop, extremely concerned about the club's future, if he does not quit we'll be in the Lowland League and admistration if the board outbids the EFSS and we can't have that, support the club during this bleak period.

I rest my case.

Craigy

One through whisky tinted glasses

Noisy_Crossbar
Craigy

One through whisky tinted glasses

One would almost think that some are happy we got beat!

Do you really think east fife supporters want to see the team lose? Really?. Come on!

Ringo - I get the impression you see the east fife fan as some moaning Neanderthal, spouting ignorant bile and abuse, who actually takes pleasure in seeing their team beaten as it gives them something to moan about. The supporter being an ungrateful beast who doesn't understand the great work done by those in charge but instead has the audacity to question their all knowing masters.

If this is indeed the opinion you hold, how do you think you'll convince the supporters to back your bid and have you in control of their club? It's a hard test for anyone to pass, but even harder when you start from a position of absolute contempt.

Ringo, these people are your customers...and the customer is king. Please, please, please realise this and change your attitude. It is very damaging not just to a director only bid, but with any bid that involves you and the supporters.

Burnt bridges can always be rebuilt, but your continual berating of the fan base makes this very difficult.

You'll have witnessed first hand the spirit of cooperation that was evident at the EFSS meeting last saturday, but for whatever reason you've allowed your paranoia to create you an illusion that the fans are untrustworthy and undeserving. How can we progress when you hold these misgivings? You'll end up alienating the fans and straining the relationship with the other directors.

You don't get it NC. I am NOT complaining about ALL the fans, only the trolls on this forum. If you can say that they are NOT damaging the future prospects of the club, then you my friend are living on a different planet to me.

I have already said more than once, that I am talking of a few, very few because I am certain they are posting with multiple usernames) What ever happened to SPF? Igor? The Russian? S-Pat etc for example? It's the old AFTN cleek I'm talking about whose usernames rarely, if ever appear on the site now, which is truly astonishing, considering the clubs woe's at the moment!

Are you next going to try telling me that they are all sweetness and light and don't have a view about the goings on down Bayview way?

The supporters you talk of persuading are only a very few. They are the ones who just want to get their grubby fingers on the reins at Bayview. That is what your idea of 'the supporters' are NC. You are not representing the vast majority, for example the 417 that turned up at the Threave game. We have had so-called 'supporters' on this forum justifying why they wouldn't go to watch such shite teams. They are the ones posting in support of getting rid of the present board and the ones you think are 'the supporters'. There are sensible 21st century supporters out there that understand the world we live in and it is not some communist utopia that couldn't even survive in Russia, let alone in Methil. You simply can't expect others to finance your dreams bud. If I alienate them (about 10-20 at the very most), then Bayview would be a better place to go to on a Saturday.

I would really, really like to see fan involvement by responsible fans on the board at East Fife.
I certainly don't want to see trolls or fan cleeks on the board at East Fife. They have caused enough havoc outside the boardroom. Can you imagine the havoc caused if they were inside it?

Just think about that for a while.