Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Taxi for Naysmith?

Not content with getting us relegated he`s doing his utmost to ensure this season is even worse!

C`mon Gary, do the decent thing and walk away.

utter joke.

Re: Taxi for Naysmith?

Willie Aitchison could pick him up

Naysmith out - Greig McDonald in please let's get a man that's east fife through and through back to the club and get the club going again. With 8 players on the park near the end of the park today and players out injury we need a fresh approach of management.
I saw in today's line up Fleming was on the bench and miller chosen above him and thrown in the deep end with poor form, hopefully if we get a new man weather it's Mcdonald he'll have the January window to get players in and get results.
Another loss and to many mistakes this season where we should of won ie Annan.

Enough said time to count our losses and bring Mcdonald back home with Marc McCulloch in management at bayview.

Greig McDonald, u must be having a laugh. Ask any sitting fans about the guy hrs absolutely hopeless. Too many idiots here.

How can you hold a manager accountable for refereeing decisions like that.

fan67
How can you hold a manager accountable for refereeing decisions like that.

Well...
if you take today's game out the equation we`re still rubbish

Greg McDonald? No thanks.

u having a laugh
Greig McDonald, u must be having a laugh. Ask any sitting fans about the guy hrs absolutely hopeless. Too many idiots here.

I don't think this season and naysmith time have been great but who would you want? Another Willie Aitchison a man unknown to us all and did his coaching up at Tynecastle not many managers out there to stand out that would be great Appoitments unless we can attract Derek Adams to Bayview to manage this club in the bottom leauge and return to leauge one fitbaw my best bet and would be my favourite would be McDonald. I think next week game will be as difficult with minus 3 players now to add to the ones out that will be suspended, still things haven't improved in his time here my view.
still think the club should never have got rid of John Robertson and we had a team doing well and things have gone bad to worse and we are already at the wrong end of leauge two with a team put under naysmith.

Two points
1) Naysmith is unlikely to be sacked as the financial problems at Bayview will prevent compensation from being paid. He would have to walk and if he has any thoughts of a managerial career he needs to be a success at East Fife.
2.) I wouldn't think someone like Derek Adams would come to Bayview for the sort of money we would offer. The type of candidates we would likely attract would be ex players wishing to take their first steps in management which would be a gamble we have already taken on a number of occasions and they haven't worked - Crawford, Durie, Naysmith, Aitchison.
I've no doubt Gary works extremely hard for the Club but he still doesn't seem to know his best team or tactics and he seems unable to get the best out of the players he has. Stuck between a rock and a hard place !

Can I have a go at managing????

With the players we have got, my team would be:-

Fleming - unconvincing at cross balls but good shot stopper. Not seen much of Miller but don' think there is much between them.
Liam Smith - preferred to Mullen cos he has went backwards since moved inti midfield.
Campbell - sweeping behind Moyes.
Moyes - loads of effort and suffering cos of being in one week out the next.
Scott Smith - best available. I' m afraid Naysmith is not doing it.

McAleer - speed to get up and down the right hand side and to get behind defences.
Brown - grafter in midfield. Lacks a bit speed to be wide player.
Barr - another grafter but good tackler as long as he does not see red mist and bookings.
Beaton - same reason as McAleer

McShayne - has suffered because of lack of creativity behind him. Very little chances are being created for him to get on end of.
Smith - can hold the ball up good foil for McShayne.

Alternatives:- not many in defence, Page not here for long? Campbell up front alongside McShayne, Ross that is. Walker in central midfield but lack of sped or hides it well???

Unfortunately no funds for any new players, lucky if there are any really good players available on loan. Down to bare bones next week so I'll be bringing my boots with me.

Have I got the job, I'm available????

Who
Can I have a go at managing????

With the players we have got, my team would be:-

Fleming - unconvincing at cross balls but good shot stopper. Not seen much of Miller but don' think there is much between them.
Liam Smith - preferred to Mullen cos he has went backwards since moved inti midfield.
Campbell - sweeping behind Moyes.
Moyes - loads of effort and suffering cos of being in one week out the next.
Scott Smith - best available. I' m afraid Naysmith is not doing it.

McAleer - speed to get up and down the right hand side and to get behind defences.
Brown - grafter in midfield. Lacks a bit speed to be wide player.
Barr - another grafter but good tackler as long as he does not see red mist and bookings.
Beaton - same reason as McAleer

McShayne - has suffered because of lack of creativity behind him. Very little chances are being created for him to get on end of.
Smith - can hold the ball up good foil for McShayne.

Alternatives:- not many in defence, Page not here for long? Campbell up front alongside McShayne, Ross that is. Walker in central midfield but lack of sped or hides it well???

Unfortunately no funds for any new players, lucky if there are any really good players available on loan. Down to bare bones next week so I'll be bringing my boots with me.

Have I got the job, I'm available????

I'm glad your not the manager

Why?? Are you the Winston from Still Game ya grumpy old twat.

Who
Why?? Are you the Winston from Still Game ya grumpy old twat.

I might be are you the guy with the guide dog at the game

Maybe your big fat head was blocking my view.

Craig dargo player manager.

Jocky Scott or Neale Cooper if he's kicking about.

Who
Maybe your big fat head was blocking my view.

You might be right. We're you running the line you muppet as you seem to have the same vision as the linesman

Apologies, I have mistaken you for a grown up but your familiar with the muppets and if you think I am 6ft 3 ins tall and called David McGeachie then your eyesight has gone as well ya fud

McShayne? Who he?

Jon McShane is a good player tho.

Hey Lawless. If you are going to be sarcastic get the words right or are you trying to string too many words together for your brain to cope with.

Who
Apologies, I have mistaken you for a grown up but your familiar with the muppets and if you think I am 6ft 3 ins tall and called David McGeachie then your eyesight has gone as well ya fud

No you are a muppet and you are probably 5ft built like a ball and have never played football in your puff. You can't even get the players names right

Built like a ball!!!

Bedtime children

You are wrong Winston. Hey maybe we have played against each other or even been team mates. Only thing is, Winston Ingram must be a made up name or I would have remembered a stupid name like that.

Great result. I really feared this would be the season we lost to non-league opposition for the first time but that's us safe for another year.

Winston & Who.

Get yourselves off to bed. Fucking big kids.

Hey Big Diddy why not use your proper name Shirley Crabtree?????????

Covey
Hey Lawless. If you are going to be sarcastic get the words right or are you trying to string too many words together for your brain to cope with.

You are a Muppet

"Who He?" Is a slang term used in still game. Thought you would of picked up on that since there's a dude posting under the name "Winston Ingram"

So, no word of a resignation as yet.

Pity that.