Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Takeover agreement

EFM report that agreement reached between Majority Shareholder and Directors regarding takeover.

Re: Takeover agreement

The Directors are pleased to inform all supporters that they have agreed terms with the major Shareholders on the purchase of their shareholding of East Fife Football Club.

“The heads of terms for the purchase of my shares in East Fife Football Club on behalf of the four Directors are with my solicitors. The deal is acceptable subject to contract” Loraine Johnston Twigg.

A meeting on Monday 10th November 2014 at 7.00pm will be held at Bayview Stadium, everyone is welcome to attend.

The East Fife Supporters Society has said it "noted with interest" the deal and that it believes the valuation of the club was too high.

How many punters has Lolly had now? Is this number 6?

Black, Brown, Gray, White haired Sid, Murray and now the Gang-of-Four.

None of the previous 5 managed to go all the way with Lolly and actually buy her out.....wonder why .....wonder why things will be different this time around.

Perhaps the Holding company is the thing that does it for her. None of the other punters has tried that before. Perhaps Neil advised her on the benefits of the holding company - after all, it works for Dumbarton and Livy.

Move along now folks nothing to see here.

The more that things change, the more they stay the same.

It won't be a takeover until all the shares are fully transferred to Individuals.
I believe the holding company is just another scam for the Rankines / Twiggs to hold the power.

You either buy outright or pay over a period of time but you get the goods straight away, they don't get put into another storage area until you make the final payment, if you default there are lawful means to recover your losses.

Until the shares are registered in the Directors name ALL this means nothing!!!

Doughtful Dan
It won't be a takeover until all the shares are fully transferred to Individuals.
I believe the holding company is just another scam for the Rankines / Twiggs to hold the power.

You either buy outright or pay over a period of time but you get the goods straight away, they don't get put into another storage area until you make the final payment, if you default there are lawful means to recover your losses.

Agreed. Underhand and all cloak and dagger stuff. Wouldn't expect anything else. If they've paid £400k then they're deluded.

I hope EFSS carry on and can step in when it all goes pear shaped for EFFC.

Doubtful Dan

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all mortgage agreements like this. You own the hoose when you make the final payment.

I would like to wish the gang of 4 all the best and hope they have the tools to get this great club back to some normality. I would have been happier with a joint bid with us the supporters, but that's not going to happen. There has been enough negativity around, and we have had plenty false hope from other parties involved, so lets just hope this is the real deal. Lets hope it brings about better times on the place that matters, the football park on a Saturday.

Very clever analogy from Bored Stiff.

Do you think you could get a mortgage to buy east fife ......Naw.

So not so clever an analogy after all.

Parasite.

Wheres Ringo when you need him.

Hope it works for the 4, but feel a bit miffed as to why they did not want my money to help in the purchase of the club ? Glad the board of 4 have financial backing to go it alone and can now move the club forward. Or am I missing something ??

Dougie hope
Hope it works for the 4, but feel a bit miffed as to why they did not want my money to help in the purchase of the club ? Glad the board of 4 have financial backing to go it alone and can now move the club forward. Or am I missing something ??

You're missing a lot.
Smokescreen. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The club will be sold eventually but it wont be to any of that lot or a fan gig.

Board Stiff
Doubtful Dan

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all mortgage agreements like this. You own the hoose when you make the final payment.

Okay, then. No, they're not.

sammy
The East Fife Supporters Society has said it "noted with interest" the deal and that it believes the valuation of the club was too high.

Do I not remember a post about a month ago where someone was predicting that if anyone offered to buy out the major shareholders EFSS would say they wanted to buy the shares but that after "due diligence" they concluded they were too expensive.

FFS
Doughtful Dan

Agreed. Underhand and all cloak and dagger stuff. Wouldn't expect anything else. If they've paid £400k then they're deluded.

I hope EFSS carry on and can step in when it all goes pear shaped for EFFC.

What was cloak and dagger about this, the dinosaur's told you months ago that they were going to go ahead with this and wanted the EFSS to work with them. They gave you fair warning and have now taken the first step only. The EFSS can either go with them or stump up the money themselves and buy the shares. I cannot understand why a real supporter would want the club to go pear shaped, maybe I am missing something here but I for one am glad someone has the balls to move forward instead of hiding behind the excuses of supporters direct / due dillegence bollocks . Lets get behind the club and help it to move forward instead of continually trying to bash it.

Harry Baws
What was cloak and dagger about this, the dinosaur's told you months ago that they were going to go ahead with this and wanted the EFSS to work with them. They gave you fair warning and have now taken the first step only. The EFSS can either go with them or stump up the money themselves and buy the shares. I cannot understand why a real supporter would want the club to go pear shaped, maybe I am missing something here but I for one am glad someone has the balls to move forward instead of hiding behind the excuses of supporters direct / due dillegence bollocks . Lets get behind the club and help it to move forward instead of continually trying to bash it.

"Due dillegence bollocks."

We have an early winner of this season's Fuckwit of The Year award. Congratulations Harry, please email your full bank details to Mr B Adebayo in Nigeria and he will deposit £1million in your bank account.

Doubtful Dan

Correct. Correct. Correct. And correct.

Worse than that, the four directors are going along with this sham which allows Rankine and Twigg to continue to own the club for another five years behind yet another front, allows the directors to stay in charge of the bowling club, and allows Rankine to try to tell the SFA that Twigg has 'sold' her shares so he can't possibly have any influence on EFFC.
Who do you think came up with the holding company idea in the first place? You could have locked the Gang of Four in a room for the rest of their days with a lifetime's supply of fish paste sandwiches and they are more likely to have translated the collected works of Shakespeare into Hebrew than come up with this ruse off their own backs.

Which particular group of 4 directors?

Current Appointments Report for:
EAST FIFE FOOTBALL CLUB, LIMITED
SC007902

Created: 03/11/2014 23:10:09

Companies House is a registry of corporate information. We carry out basic checks to make sure that documents have been fully completed and signed, but we do not have the statutory power or capability to verify the accuracy of the information that corporate entities send to us. We accept all information that such entities deliver to us in good faith and place it on the public record. The fact that the information has been placed on the public record should not be taken to indicate that Companies House has verified or validated it in any way.

Company Register Information
Company Number:
SC007902
Date of Incorporation:29/05/1911
Company Name:
EAST FIFE FOOTBALL CLUB, LIMITED
Registered Office:
BAYVIEW STADIUM

HARBOUR VIEW

METHIL

FIFE

KY8 3RW
Company Type:
Private Limited Company

Country of Origin:
United Kingdom

Active

Nature Of Business (SIC):
93199 - Other sports activities
Number of Charges:
6 ( 0 outstanding / 0 part satisfied / 6 satisfied )

Previous Names

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Key Filing Dates

Accounting Reference Date:
31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To:
31/05/2013 (SMALL)

Next Accounts Due:
28/02/2015

Last Return Made Up To:
21/12/2013

Next Return Due:
18/01/2015

Last members list:
21/12/2013

Last Bulk Shareholders List:
Not available

Current Appointments
Number of current appointments: 7

SECRETARY:
STEVENSON, JAMES MEARNS MR

Appointed:
11/04/2011

Nationality:
NATIONALITY UNKNOWN

No. of Appointments:

Address:
26 WEST WYND

BUCKHAVEN

LEVEN

FIFE

SCOTLAND

KY8 1AS

DIRECTOR:
BARCLAY, JOHN MR

Appointed:
19/05/2009
Date of Birth: 27/08/1942
Nationality:
BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
ROWAN BANK

NEW ROAD, KENNOWAY

LEVEN

KY8 5JP

Country/State of Residence:
SCOTLAND

DIRECTOR:
DONALDSON, JOHN MR

Appointed:
22/04/2014
Date of Birth: 15/02/1950
Nationality:
SCOTTISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
BAYVIEW STADIUM

HARBOUR VIEW

METHIL

FIFE

KY8 3RW

SCOTLAND

DIRECTOR:
HAMILTON, DAVID IRVINE COUSER MR

Appointed:
04/06/2013
Date of Birth: 05/03/1955
Nationality:
SCOTTISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
BAYVIEW STADIUM

HARBOUR VIEW

METHIL

FIFE

KY8 3RW

SCOTLAND

DIRECTOR:
MARSHALL, DAVID MR

Appointed:
19/05/2009
Date of Birth: 11/04/1940
Nationality:
BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
8 BANKHEAD PLACE

WINDYGATES

LEVEN

FIFE

KY8 5DP

SCOTLAND

DIRECTOR:
MURRAY, LEE MR

Appointed:
04/06/2013
Date of Birth: 04/09/1969
Nationality:
BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
BAYVIEW STADIUM

HARBOUR VIEW

METHIL

FIFE

KY8 3RW

SCOTLAND

DIRECTOR:
STEVENSON, JAMES MEARNS MR

Appointed:
03/09/2007
Date of Birth: 23/02/1950
Nationality:
BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:
26 WEST WYND

BUCKHAVEN

LEVEN

FIFE

UNITED KINGDOM

KY8 1AS

SCOTLAND

This Report excludes resignations

Recent Filing History
Documents filed since 02/05/2013

DATE
FORM
DESCRIPTION
15/09/2014
TM01
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR EUGENE CLARKE
02/05/2014
AP01
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR JOHN DONALDSON
30/04/2014
TM01
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR BRIAN MCNEILL
17/01/2014
AR01
21/12/13 FULL LIST
17/01/2014
LATEST SOC
17/01/14 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 49747.5
14/01/2014
AA
ACCOUNTS FOR 'SMALL' CO. MADE UP TO 31/05/13
01/10/2013
TM01
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR JOHN DONALDSON
24/09/2013
TM01
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR SIDNEY COLLUMBINE
07/06/2013
AP01
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR DAVID IRVINE COUSER HAMILTON
07/06/2013
AP01
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR BRIAN STANLEY MCNEILL
07/06/2013
AP01
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR LEE MURRAY
07/06/2013
TM01
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR IAN HENDERSON
02/05/2013
AP01
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR JOHN DONALDSON

Don't worry, the fans will still be the owners soon, and at a cut price deal, once the club has gone into liquidation.

Unless I'm missing something and the Gang of Four all of a sudden have wheens of cash to put into the club.

If the current owners have got the cash they wanted from the deal, then you really have to question how astute anyone is that wants to actually pay that. Beggars belief.

Surely no one actually believes this is happening? The owners have previous for staging "takeovers" when the trust has publicly declared their intention to try and buy the club. Remember, Sid Collumbine coming in was a "takeover" by him the guy had about 300 shares.

fan
Doubtful Dan

Correct. Correct. Correct. And correct.

Worse than that, the four directors are going along with this sham which allows Rankine and Twigg to continue to own the club for another five years behind yet another front, allows the directors to stay in charge of the bowling club, and allows Rankine to try to tell the SFA that Twigg has 'sold' her shares so he can't possibly have any influence on EFFC.
Who do you think came up with the holding company idea in the first place? You could have locked the Gang of Four in a room for the rest of their days with a lifetime's supply of fish paste sandwiches and they are more likely to have translated the collected works of Shakespeare into Hebrew than come up with this ruse off their own backs.

Wow... so spiteful, to say the least! The sham is you and your ilk, spouting off on this forum but doing absolutely nothing towards getting the club back on a stable footing. If you are so clever and know all about what is going on, what have you done to prevent it? Did you offer substantial sums of money to help the EFSS - that'll be a NO I guess? As for Doubtful Dan oh greatest one, he believes, so he must be right and felt the need to tell the AFTN world!

Noisy_Crossbar
How many punters has Lolly had now? Is this number 6?

Black, Brown, Gray, White haired Sid, Murray and now the Gang-of-Four.

None of the previous 5 managed to go all the way with Lolly and actually buy her out.....wonder why .....wonder why things will be different this time around.

Perhaps the Holding company is the thing that does it for her. None of the other punters has tried that before. Perhaps Neil advised her on the benefits of the holding company - after all, it works for Dumbarton and Livy.

How much money did the previous 5 use to buy shares in the club? Compare that to what the current directors have spent NC. I think there is a good chance that your comparison is no comparison and the present deal is completely different to any (if any at all) deal in the past with the aforementioned 5.

Paul McC
Wheres Ringo when you need him.

Been away recording some more Thomas episodes mate.

Harrison
Don't worry, the fans will still be the owners soon, and at a cut price deal, once the club has gone into liquidation.

Unless I'm missing something and the Gang of Four all of a sudden have wheens of cash to put into the club.

If the current owners have got the cash they wanted from the deal, then you really have to question how astute anyone is that wants to actually pay that. Beggars belief.

The current owners have not got the cash they wanted, because the four directors don't have that kind of money to hand over. They will never have that kind of money.
Remember this is just an agreement, and agreements cost nothing. It is not a deal. Lee Murray also had an agreement. Time has told us it was worthless, and nothing changed.

fan
Harrison

The current owners have not got the cash they wanted, because the four directors don't have that kind of money to hand over. They will never have that kind of money.
Remember this is just an agreement, and agreements cost nothing. It is not a deal. Lee Murray also had an agreement. Time has told us it was worthless, and nothing changed.

Supposing you are right, who would have the cash? The likening to the mortgage scenario made earlier may be a reasonable assumption, as who actually goes out in business and pays cash for items costing a lot of money? Do you buy your new car in cash (I'm not talking about an auld banger like)? Did you, or would you buy a house in cash?
I can't understand why you think the world works on cash only? Even the largest companies borrow to buy. Even the UK government borrows money. Where ever the money comes from to finance your purchase, all lenders can come knocking on your door if you default.
So in light of that, why are you having a go at 4 x men who are putting their money on the line to save East Fife? Because you CAN'T or WON'T?

By the way, what was Lee Murrays agreement?

Regarding houses and cars, yes, some people do buy them without the need for credit.

Regarding the directors renting the club form the owners, Where is they money coming from to pay the rent. If it is being creamed out of the finances of east fife the tenure will be very short indeed. Paying a deposit is one thing but paying the rent is a bigger challenge and not one I will be paying to support.

As for your question about can't or won't. The answer is won't - not this deal, not this price, not this time. And since the directors have gone ahead without supporters involvement - not these people either.

Deal Looks like it is a five year rental. Allows the owners to hold out a bit longer and allows the directors to continue to play director. I will be amazed if the deal lasts that long. My only fear is what damage is done along the way.

I'll be very interested to hear how this is going to work. Raise £400k to pay the majority shareholder as well as servicing the massive £125K + debt and balance the ship.

Nice to see the gang of four spat the dummy and ignored the ofer from the fans again!

Football without fans is nothing.

why did board of directors not want my 4k to buy shares of the twigs ? Then go to a bank to get money to buy a "football club". Lol ......what bank is giving anyone money to buy a football club nowadays eh ? Let's face it no bank in the uk will give a mortgage of 400k approx to buy a business 150k in debt with assets only equal to that debt ? Where will bank get money back from ?...... And what sort of interest rate did they get for said mortgage ringo ? My house only worth £200k but I'm due the bank £400k so I'm getting screwed with an 12% rate of interest

S_Pat
I'll be very interested to hear how this is going to work. Raise £400k to pay the majority shareholder as well as servicing the massive £125K + debt and balance the ship.

Nice to see the gang of four spat the dummy and ignored the ofer from the fans again!

What offer was that?

Dougie hope
why did board of directors not want my 4k to buy shares of the twigs ? Then go to a bank to get money to buy a "football club". Lol ......what bank is giving anyone money to buy a football club nowadays eh ? Let's face it no bank in the uk will give a mortgage of 400k approx to buy a business 150k in debt with assets only equal to that debt ? Where will bank get money back from ?...... And what sort of interest rate did they get for said mortgage ringo ? My house only worth £200k but I'm due the bank £400k so I'm getting screwed with an 12% rate of interest

What exactly is the debt? It varies from post to post, so who is correct and who is wrong?

I don't know about any mortgages or loans or whatever. I am just querying how you guys are all coming up with different hypothetical reasons why it won't work. You state debt figures, the directors haven't put any money in to buy it, you know all about banking and lending etc and so on. each of you are, bankers, lenders, estate agents and potential top quality football club directors, all rolled into one. People with your qualities should be standing at the next general election, possessing all that talent and professionalism.

What do you guys actually know that is FACTUAL?

Ringo
S_Pat

What offer was that?

The one been based on the worth of the club after having had an indepedent valuation and accountants report on the financial state of the club.

Maybe you could explain how the directors plan is going to work?

S_Pat
Ringo
S_Pat

What offer was that?

The one been based on the worth of the club after having had an indepedent valuation and accountants report on the financial state of the club.

Maybe you could explain how the directors plan is going to work?

Maybe you can explain why EFSS have made no progress with their bid?

No progress? As far as I am aware, the EFSS have gotten pledges from supporters, are in consultation with other funding bodies, have started due diligence, and are devloping a businesses plan. Seems pretty good progress in < 3 months I'd say. Better to take the time to get it right rather than to rush in and make a hash of things.

Of course the directors bid will have required discussion and consideration by those on the EFSS board. At the public meeting the directors were invited to withdraw their bid and instead work together with the EFSS. That invitation has been declined and the directors have gone alone......and alone they will stand.....then fall.

John, your continued attempts to belittle the supporters and dismiss their opinions will lead you down the same path as Derrick Brown. The club was lucky to come out of the Brown debacle - I doubt it can survive another such mess.

Ringo
each of you are, bankers, lenders, estate agents and potential top quality football club directors, all rolled into one.

That's correct John. There are those in the East Fife support have better ideas, knowledge, experience, intellect, and finances than you. Is that really a surprise? We are talking a sample of 500 from a cross section of the population. You will find more than one millionaire in there, several folk educated to undergraduate and postgraduate level, medical professionals, bank professionals, legal professionals, engineers, scientists, teachers - folk from all professions, backgrounds and walks of life.

How do you hope to harness this rich pool of resources from the support?

(A wee tip - you first have to stop denying they exist)

Noisy_Crossbar
Ringo
each of you are, bankers, lenders, estate agents and potential top quality football club directors, all rolled into one.

That's correct John. There are those in the East Fife support have better ideas, knowledge, experience, intellect, and finances than you. Is that really a surprise? We are talking a sample of 500 from a cross section of the population. You will find more than one millionaire in there, several folk educated to undergraduate and postgraduate level, medical professionals, bank professionals, legal professionals, engineers, scientists, teachers - folk from all professions, backgrounds and walks of life.

Only trouble is, that nobody knows who they are? The millionaire is obviously not interested, is he? I don't hear or see on here, many intellects calling the players all the useless C's, or calling for the managers head? If you say these people are intellects, they are doing a grand job of hiding it with their choice of words on this forum!

I think you really need to stop your dreaming NC, it's getting embarrassing pal! Unless of course you are the millionaire, which would lead me to think you must be a right tight arsed one if you are!

PS. Make up your mind about my name, will you. I'm beginning to wonder who i am myself? Just so you know, you have not got it right yet.

PPS. The point I was making is that the various anti board brigade individuals think each one of them are all of these undergraduate and postgraduate level wonder kids, medical professionals, bank professionals, legal professionals, engineers, scientists, teachers all rolled into one! I left out millionaires because they would be right hypocrites if any of them were!

Ringo
Noisy_Crossbar
Ringo

Only trouble is, that nobody knows who they are? The millionaire is obviously not interested, is he? I don't hear or see on here, many intellects calling the players all the useless C's, or calling for the managers head? If you say these people are intellects, they are doing a grand job of hiding it with their choice of words on this forum!

I think you really need to stop your dreaming NC, it's getting embarrassing pal! Unless of course you are the millionaire, which would lead me to think you must be a right tight arsed one if you are!

PS. Make up your mind about my name, will you. I'm beginning to wonder who i am myself? Just so you know, you have not got it right yet.

PPS. The point I was making is that the various anti board brigade individuals think each one of them are all of these undergraduate and postgraduate level wonder kids, medical professionals, bank professionals, legal professionals, engineers, scientists, teachers all rolled into one! I left out millionaires because they would be right hypocrites if any of them were!

That's it, keep going. I wonder if there's maybe a section of supporters you haven't offended yet.

Any millionaire would no longer be a millionaire if they put their money into a business that had not carried out due diligence, or at the very least, had a business plan.

How are the millionaires in the EF support hypocrites exactly?

Perhaps their unwillingness to part with cash suggests they don't back you or your deal.

In fact, the only advocates of this deal being good for the club seem to be the directors themselves.

You say nobody knows who these "professionals" are. I do. I could put a name and a face to every one of those professions I mentioned. What you should have said is that YOU don't know who those people are within the East Fife support.

Your inability to ignore the occasional petty comment and your inability to take on valid criticism means you have created yourself a very distorted and negative view of the East Fife support. And that is a real pity.

You and your fellow directors need the support for the club to survive. Yet you continue to belittle them at every opportunity. Not only are you upsetting your customers but you are driving away those that can help. I hope this is realized before the damage done cannot be fixed.

Part 1:
I have no customers anywhere in any part of my life, except maybe when I change cars, but I would also be a customer myself when buying the replacement car.

I work in industry, a blue collar worker I hasten to add, so no NC, I am certainly not a director. I would much rather take my seat in the stand as I have always done at New Bayview and enjoy watching my team. I will still be doing that until I physically cannot.

As for putting a name and a face to the said millionaires etc, you won't. You won't because you are full of pish NC. If you expect any sane person to believe even half the tripe you post on here, then you are proving my point.

And once again, I believe the main core of East Fife's support are generally sensible football loving individuals from various backgrounds, who go to every home game they can, don't post every week on this forum that they won't be back with regular monotony and are not calling the players and manager useless every bloody week. They also do not fancy themselves as saviours of East Fife and I would think that they are quietly pleased that the current directors have agreed a deal to buy the club. Now, if the directors think they can afford to do that, who the hell are you to say they can't? Do you know their personal financial circumstances?

They also, have offered to give the EFSS an opportunity to join them, but this looks unlikely, because they (EFSS) don't want to pay the money being asked for by the sellers. Somehow, they think they can go force the sellers to drop their price and get the club on the cheap. Worth a try I suppose, but don't you think they learned that lesson when they were turned down before? The sellers are obviously financially strong enough to hold on to their shares and because of the stubbornness of whomever is driving the EFSS campaign, the trust member supporters could very well end up having no say as far as being part of a fans group in how East Fife can progress successfully.

Part 2:

Another thing you are oblivious to, is that with the directors commencing their buying of the majority shareholders shares, along with the other 48% that also have shares, the club in actual fact is going to be owned by supporters. The only difference is, is that those are supporters who have bought shares in East Fife individually. I believe that is more preferable to a group trying to gain control, not unlike an old style trade union committee, who get all the goodies, directorships etc, while the membership meekly believe that it is in their interest to have them in control.

And NC, if you think all the bitching by your cohorts is 'valid' criticism, then I would hate to see invalid criticism being posted on here. We even have a post showing individuals private addresses on this thread, which the moderators should remove immediately. What kind of people do this sort of thing? Do you think it is okay? Would you like to be similarly treated?

The fact of the matter is that none of you lot have any intention of parting with your money, your only interest is to stop other supporters (the directors), at any cost other than your own.

You are doing more harm than good to the EFSS cause, but you are too daft to realise it. What surprises me most, is that the main players in EFSS appear to be quite happy to sit back and let it happen with no comment on what they themselves think about the very negative attitude to fellow supporters who simply want keep the club going.

Ringo
I would think that they[the majority of the EF supporters] are quietly pleased that the current directors have agreed a deal to buy the club.

Perhaps you are right.

I'd suggest that the majority of supporters (myself included)don't care who owns the club so long as there is a winning team on the park. NOTHING I've seen so far suggests this is about to happen.

History tells us that unhappy supporters don't stay quiet for long.

Ringo

And once again, I believe the main core of East Fife's support are generally sensible football loving individuals from various backgrounds,

אתה אומר שאתה אוהב גשם, אבל אתה פותח את המטרייה שלך כשיורד גשם.
אתה אומר שאתה אוהב את השמש, אבל אתה מוצא מקום צל כאשר השמש זורחת.
אתה אומר שאתה אוהב את הרוח, אבל אתה סוגר את החלונות שלך כאשר רוח נושבת.
זו הסיבה שאני חושש, שאתה אומר שאתה אוהב אותי יותר מדי.

Noisy_Crossbar
Ringo
I would think that they[the majority of the EF supporters] are quietly pleased that the current directors have agreed a deal to buy the club.

Perhaps you are right.

I'd suggest that the majority of supporters (myself included)don't care who owns the club so long as there is a winning team on the park. NOTHING I've seen so far suggests this is about to happen.

History tells us that unhappy supporters don't stay quiet for long.

Recent history (since burger clubs, AFTN etc started up), tells me that jealous people are the same.

NOTHING I have seen so far on this site says that most of the supporters are unhappy at anything other than the team not winning. It tells me that a FEW are certainly trying to stir it up and some make veiled threats as well as, at the same time, say they don't care who owns the club.

Ringo, the blue collar worker who spends all day on the internet. That doesn't ring true, Ringo. And what a coincidence that you disappeared from this forum as the heads of terms agreement was cobbled together. Were you too busy admiring yourself in your smart blue overalls? Suits you, sir.

Actually my ovvies are red. And FUF, don't start again with total imaginations son! You have lost your argument, so you start throwing the shite about. Keep it to facts pal, if you can possibly do that.

Despite what he says, I think we can all safely assume that Ringo is one of the gang of four.

Tell you what Ringo,
if you are a director then no wonder most folk on here would be glad to see the back of you lot. I can smell yer pishy pants fae here.
Putting it politely you are an erse with way too much time on your hands and you need to get a life.

Think its safe to say most would agree with me on that one.

Fookie Nell
Tell you what Ringo,
if you are a director then no wonder most folk on here would be glad to see the back of you lot. I can smell yer pishy pants fae here.
Putting it politely you are an erse with way too much time on your hands and you need to get a life.

Think its safe to say most would agree with me on that one.

Agreed.
BTW Ringo how is the 12hr shift thing working out for you.

I am going over old ground here but Ringo and Hairy Baws for two (or three)have chosen to put their own interpretation on EFFC's attempts at wanting to involve EFSS.
The directors of EFFC have never asked or invited the EFSS to be part of any discussion or partnership. The two meetings which have taken place were requested by the EFSS. Two weeks ago the EFFS asked EFFC for another meeting but we have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Ringo can't help himself. He invites the negativity directed towards him - in fact he needs it.

He needs it to reinforce the belief he has formed of the east fife support. He needs to find himself a way of reinforcing the believe that supporters are the bad guys and are against him - think of it as a coping mechanism. Anything that counters this belief is either ignored, twisted or flat out denied - sadly never considered. To consider a counter argument is a challenge to a core belief and John is not equipped to deal with this. People who are self assured and self confident can actually welcome such challenges. Sadly John is not this.

John also needs to validate WHO is making the point, WHO is making the statement. Rather than take a point on its merit he needs to attach some sort of weighting to it. Clearly perceived "status" is very important to John. As well as wanting to have status himself, he fears those that do. (Look at the millionaires chat a few posts back). Ironically, those that actually have status seldom care for it. The importance that John attaches to status is again an indicator of his insecurity.

We read John make points about "you lost", "your argument is pish", everyone can see you are in cuckoo land - that sort of thing. Again a mechanism to handle the insecurities he feels. And of course there was the case of the 47 usernames back in August - creating persona to agree with himself.

There is also the suspicion - many times I've been accused of having an agenda. Others also encounter John's mistrust. This mistrust is an obstacle john needs to get over if he is to build relationships with the east fife supporters. In fact, he'll need to get over it to maintain the tenuous relationship he has with at lest one of the directors in the gang of four.

Rather than engage in debate, John engages in battles. He has little will (or perhaps ability) to engage is constructive debate. Conversation quickly turns into a You vs Me battle. Again John needs this. If in his view he "wins" the battle he gets the validation he seeks. And if he's not winning he'll claim unfairness - "the AFTN cleek has ganged up on him".

These frailties do not make John a bad person. Far from it. We all have our traits and most of the time are blissfully unaware of them.

However, now that Ringo is a director with part control of the club (subject to Lolly's terms) those frailties, if not handled, could actually do some damage. Will John always do right by the club rather than by himself? Will John be able to engage with supporters rather than pick battles with them?

If the challenges of AFTN are tough to cope with - how will he cope with the challenges of a disenfranchised support, a growing debt, a declining revenue and a dieing club?

Back to something of substance.

The "deal", which I doubt we'll hear the details of, is likely to be a rental agreement, similar to the one that Sid got.

A deposit gets paid - this is so the directors have some "skin in the game" - making administration as painful for the directors as it would be for the owners..... Well actually, it would be more painful for the directors - they'll lose everything whereas the owners at least get the deposit money.

After the five years are up the rest of the money is due, or a new deal gets done.

Of course I'll imagine the owners will retain the right to sell within that 5 year period should a better offer come along, but no danger of that.

No lose, no risk deal for the sellers. Well done whomever brokered that. Bruce - you kingmaker again?

I do have concerns though if there is an ongoing premium to be paid - particularly if this is to be creamed out of the revenues of the club. Is this even possible?

I also have concern about the transfer of any of the club's assets to the holding company.

Of course all these concerns will be put to bed come the meeting on Monday.

Ringo
Part 2:

We even have a post showing individuals private addresses on this thread, which the moderators should remove immediately.

Information in the public domain which can be bought for a quid off Companies House. Directors have the option, as some EFFC ones have taken, to use the stadium as their registered address - the 2006 Act allows directors to register with business addresses.

The list of appointments doesn't even cost £1 - it's free and it is public information so whining about privacy is nonsense

Companies house
The list of appointments doesn't even cost £1 - it's free and it is public information so whining about privacy is nonsense

Nonsense is what Ringo is all about.

Ah well,instead o saving up bags o money ti help buy the club,i'll jist hay ti start gethering bags a earth,ti build the mound back up.

I'll tell you what guys, to put this falsity that I am a director to bed, make sure you are in the company of all the directors, say at the Bayview meeting. I won't be there myself, because believe it or not!!! I am working. However, I can still put a message on AFTN, so all of you can keep an eye on the forum during the meeting to look for my post. Howzat? Tam can check and confirm that it is indeed me, by the IP address he so fondly adores checking out whenever somebody dares to disagree with his mates.

As for all the dreams you guys hold, praying and hoping the club folds just to prove a point on an internet forum, SHAME ON YOU!

Noisy_Crossbar

The "deal", which I doubt we'll hear the details of, is likely to be a rental agreement, similar to the one that Sid got.

A deposit gets paid - this is so the directors have some "skin in the game" - making administration as painful for the directors as it would be for the owners..... Well actually, it would be more painful for the directors - they'll lose everything whereas the owners at least get the deposit money.

After the five years are up the rest of the money is due, or a new deal gets done.

Of course I'll imagine the owners will retain the right to sell within that 5 year period should a better offer come along, but no danger of that.

No lose, no risk deal for the sellers. Well done whomever brokered that. Bruce - you kingmaker again?

I do have concerns though if there is an ongoing premium to be paid - particularly if this is to be creamed out of the revenues of the club. Is this even possible?

I also have concern about the transfer of any of the club's assets to the holding company.

The bottom line for fans in all of this is will we become a better and more progressive club as a result of this takeover and will we improve as a team on the pitch?

All the evidence of the past 20 years suggests that these are likely be forlorn hopes but maybe, for once, this will the dawn of the bright new future?

Off to see the doc shortly.

Fookie Nell
Companies house

Nonsense is what Ringo is all about.

My point is that you are condoning the action of somebody posting personal address details on an open forum. This is morally wrong and if you think not, then you are a poor specimen of the human race. I can't believe any of you supporting this action are either millionaires, have degrees, are scientists or one of all the other supposedly intelligent East Fife supporters.

I would not trust any of you as far as I could throw you - poor show children!

. Why should a director of a community club have anything to hide from ? Anyway with all the current interest in share purchase at the moment, Yet it's going to be another 5 year before any supporters group can purchase any ...but oh wait we can get shares in some 2 week old made up company that now hold east fife fc shares .........

Madness son.... feckin madness !!

The Dude
Noisy_Crossbar

The bottom line for fans in all of this is will we become a better and more progressive club as a result of this takeover and will we improve as a team on the pitch?

All the evidence of the past 20 years suggests that these are likely be forlorn hopes but maybe, for once, this will the dawn of the bright new future?

Hear, hear Dude. I wish that everybody could come together for the good of East Fife but unfortunately, we have a core crew of people who just want to get their hands on the club, come what may and they will not stop until maybe one day they will and the last 110+ years of East Fife will seriously be put in doubt.
I would not be so worried about it, if there was not so much negativity filling these pages and the false comments about peoples integrity. Anyone that continues posting such rubbish, are not fit to be in control at Bayview, simples.

NTOC, my opinion on you is changing slightly, as you are one of the people I would trust totally when it comes to East Fife. It does you no good either posting a comment like above, because you are doing the same as the others. You were one that would defend the club against the types that are making the posts above. Take NC for example, he has been pro EFSS, neg EFSS, pro EFSS again, neg EFSS AGAIN, and now pro EFSS yet again because he now sees it all slipping away. All his sitting on the fence has been detrimental in its small way by his comments on here, which others with only half a brain take as gospel.
Surely the best outcome is for the fans group to work with the directors group? I personally have pledged money to the fans group myself, but I am now not so sure about my money helping people that are quite happy to see the directors venture fail. That would not be good for East Fife and why these guys keep on about it being a con etc, I don't know, because NOTHING they have said is based on fact, it is only because they 'think' it and they 'think' it because they are brainwashed by your NC's and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them, are easily influenced adolescents.

Ringo
The Dude
Noisy_Crossbar

Hear, hear Dude. I wish that everybody could come together for the good of East Fife but unfortunately, we have a core crew of people who just want to get their hands on the club, come what may and they will not stop until maybe one day they will and the last 110+ years of East Fife will seriously be put in doubt.
I would not be so worried about it, if there was not so much negativity filling these pages and the false comments about peoples integrity. Anyone that continues posting such rubbish, are not fit to be in control at Bayview, simples.

NTOC, my opinion on you is changing slightly, as you are one of the people I would trust totally when it comes to East Fife. It does you no good either posting a comment like above, because you are doing the same as the others. You were one that would defend the club against the types that are making the posts above. Take NC for example, he has been pro EFSS, neg EFSS, pro EFSS again, neg EFSS AGAIN, and now pro EFSS yet again because he now sees it all slipping away. All his sitting on the fence has been detrimental in its small way by his comments on here, which others with only half a brain take as gospel.
Surely the best outcome is for the fans group to work with the directors group? I personally have pledged money to the fans group myself, but I am now not so sure about my money helping people that are quite happy to see the directors venture fail. That would not be good for East Fife and why these guys keep on about it being a con etc, I don't know, because NOTHING they have said is based on fact, it is only because they 'think' it and they 'think' it because they are brainwashed by your NC's and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them, are easily influenced adolescents.

NtOC has posted what has already been put out in a public newsletter. There was no personal abuse toward any individual and no reason to was given to make anybody doubt his intentions or integrity.

Kerriann
Ringo
The Dude
Noisy_Crossbar

NtOC has posted what has already been put out in a public newsletter. There was no personal abuse toward any individual and no reason to was given to make anybody doubt his intentions or integrity.

but Ringo and Hairy Baws for two (or three) - is what I am referring to.

Ringo
I'll tell you what guys, to put this falsity that I am a director to bed, make sure you are in the company of all the directors, say at the Bayview meeting. I won't be there myself, because believe it or not!!! I am working. However, I can still put a message on AFTN, so all of you can keep an eye on the forum during the meeting to look for my post. Howzat? Tam can check and confirm that it is indeed me, by the IP address he so fondly adores checking out whenever somebody dares to disagree with his mates.

As for all the dreams you guys hold, praying and hoping the club folds just to prove a point on an internet forum, SHAME ON YOU!

I'm not going to get into an exchange with you Ringo.

If you dislike so much of what is posted in reply to you, stop replying. I'd tell my children to remove themselves from a situation if they're not comfortable with it and also tell them not to engage with people if their feelings get hurt.

I've no doubt that you will now take my post and pick out the words you don't like and use them against me. Do what you will but this is my very last post to you.

Not The Other Chairman
I am going over old ground here but Ringo and Hairy Baws for two (or three)have chosen to put their own interpretation on EFFC's attempts at wanting to involve EFSS.
The directors of EFFC have never asked or invited the EFSS to be part of any discussion or partnership. The two meetings which have taken place were requested by the EFSS. Two weeks ago the EFFS asked EFFC for another meeting but we have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Not wanting to have a go at anyone but trying to get some facts together. so does this announcement on EFFC website not an invitation to all parties to a discussion?

"On the 12th August the Directors on the Board of East Fife FC made an approach to the major shareholders with the intention of securing their shareholding.

We have had continued discussions since then with their representative.

We would be happy to listen to and work with any interested investors including private individuals, EFSS, East Fife Supporters Club, East Fife Youth Academy and East Fife Ladies to achieve this aim."

From what I gather EFSS contacted the directors involved (twice) and had discussions but apparently were unable to agree to such an extent that possibly the directors felt it was non-productive for further discussion. If this was the case it may have been prudent for the directors to issue a statement for their reasons thus avoiding putting off other interested parties!

THe fact that the four have gone ahead with their bid means they have confidence in their ability to achieve a positive outcome but I feel the framework of the bid leaves alot to be desired and contains the seeds of it's own failure.

For all we know,the 4 directors might have someone with money backing them,and only announce this,after the "takeover" is complete.It would have been nice if the trust was involved in some way or another and hopefully,for the supporters sake,this can happen in the coming weeks.However,looking at some off the posts on here,CAN they work together.The only way I think it could work(for now anyway)is for an individual not connected to the trust or directors to chair the meetings.This way,the 2 parties agendas on how to tackle the problums that our club have,can be sorted out,instead off turning out like a committee meeting at the local bowls club.

Kerriann
I'm not going to get into an exchange with you Ringo.

If you dislike so much of what is posted in reply to you, stop replying. I'd tell my children to remove themselves from a situation if they're not comfortable with it and also tell them not to engage with people if their feelings get hurt.

I've no doubt that you will now take my post and pick out the words you don't like and use them against me. Do what you will but this is my very last post to you.

I'm sorry Kerriann, but you cannot just make a comment like that without a reply. Why are you not directing your advice to the other side of the discussion posting comments which have no foundation in fact? Do you agree with them, is that it? You are condoning their comments by making your last comment to me alone. Surely you should be advising both sides??

By the way, my feelings are not hurt. I can't understand why all of you on the opposite side of the discussion, are always stating such things as putting names to people as if they must know who is who, when they don't have a clue, and now you are deciding I am a poor wee soul whose feelings are hurt? I am quite enjoying the dialogue, because I feel I am holding my own against the FEW others, as they are posting figments of their imagination in response to my comments, a good sign of losing an argument.

I note you are on the EFSS website as part of the campaign group, so were you wise to step in and make such a comment, pretty clearly showing that you are on the side of those who are posting verbal nonsense about the current directors and their bid, otherwise you would be directing the comment to everybody? Not exactly showing you are open to discussions with the directors, are you? Some trust members are expecting efforts from the EFSS campaign team, to have meaningful discussions with the directors, you know! But I suppose that will be the directors fault?

Bye.

enfifer
For all we know,the 4 directors might have someone with money backing them,and only announce this,after the "takeover" is complete.It would have been nice if the trust was involved in some way or another and hopefully,for the supporters sake,this can happen in the coming weeks.However,looking at some off the posts on here,CAN they work together.The only way I think it could work(for now anyway)is for an individual not connected to the trust or directors to chair the meetings.This way,the 2 parties agendas on how to tackle the problums that our club have,can be sorted out,instead off turning out like a committee meeting at the local bowls club.

Good post enfifer, it might work?

Dodgy dodgy dodgy. That is all.

Well done Ringo, a double celebration! First, you have reacted exactly as Kerrian predicted you would. But as a bonus, you have also exhibited the very mentality which Noisy Crossbar attributed to you yesterday. An example - "I am quite enjoying the dialogue because I feel I am holding my own ... figment of imagination ...good sign of losing an argument."
You need that validation, as NC said. And you have just admitted it yourself. I would pity you, if you were not so pig-headed.

fed up fan
Well done Ringo, a double celebration! First, you have reacted exactly as Kerrian predicted you would. But as a bonus, you have also exhibited the very mentality which Noisy Crossbar attributed to you yesterday. An example - "I am quite enjoying the dialogue because I feel I am holding my own ... figment of imagination ...good sign of losing an argument."
You need that validation, as NC said. And you have just admitted it yourself. I would pity you, if you were not so pig-headed.

Are you the scientist one? Or is it the medical professional?

How can ringo lose an argument of which nobody knows any details apart from the directors the shareholders and legal teams. The directors are getting slated for putting up their own cash to buy the shares for all we know the directors have more than 4 there maybe others involved. Cant we all be happy and try and pull in the same direction rather than constant bickering and put downs sounds kinda like sour grapes from the EFSC

If the Directors have found the cash to buy out Rankine then good.
Can they now bring in new blood to move the club forward financially? Three EFSS representatives on the board in return for a new shares issue would be a good move forward for all concerned in my opinion.

The owners won't permit a new share issue unfortunately. It would dilute their 52%.

Ringo
fed up fan

Are you the scientist one? Or is it the medical professional?

Ringo, I am the medical professional here and in my opinion, FUF and NC suffer from Big Man - Wee Dickitis. This leads to insecurity and feelings of worthlessness. They spend most of their time on social media whining about others shortcomings, they have no real money (given they cannot spend much time at work as they are trolling all day/night long). They usually have been divorced or not married because most sane women would not put up with their deficiencies and have no real friends other than family. Some mothers do have them.