Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays game!!

Good luck to the team today & we have a decent Ref unlike last week!!

Re: Todays game!!

Cooks had a few dodgy games with us but defo no where near as bad as Charleston last week..

I'd love to be optimistic about today's game but the fact is, Albion are a good side and we are not. I predict another embarrassing 2 or 3-1 home defeat.

East Fife 0 Albion Rovers 0 after 81 mins.

lowland league here we come

1 points better than none! Should be picking up 3 points at home tho!

Poor game, poor performance in poor conditions. Becoming more and more confused by the Managers tactics. I realise that he needs to take into account the strengths of the opposition but why does he continually have to set up the team in such a defensive manner. Why not play to our strengths (whatever they may be !) and let other teams worry about us ? Playing 4-1-4-1 at home is fine if we play the ball forward to the strikers feet and have midfielders flooding forward to join in. We don't have the players to do this ! We continually lump the ball forward where the ball is flicked on with no-one else up there.
Today was summed up by the substitution debacle ! Stevie Campbell had to be subbed due to injury. Fash goes on to replace him but the Linesman comes to the bench to say Fash wasn't one of the listed subs. The had not restarted and Fash had to leave the field to be replaced by McShane. Fash goes up the tunnel to get changed ! As Caroline announces that Fash hadn't been listed on the Official team sheet but was on the sheet she had and given out to fans. Cue taunts from Rovers fans who were then called 'assholes'. The announcer then made her way to speak to the Albion fans and a Director stands laughing about it !
The whole episode was extremely Amateurish.
Who is responsible for completing the official team sheet ? Why was it not checked before the game ? If the game had been restarted before Fash came back off, Albion would probably have been entitled to a 3-0 walkover.
The whole thing was a shambles !

Agree that we were a bit negative today, thought we were better team first half but failed to take a couple of chances that came our way. First 20 minutes of the 2nd half belonged to albion, reminds me a bit of watching Scotland 5 years ago the striker is totally isolated and never mind watching, it must be more frustrating for the lone striker to play that role. I cant understand the chopping and changing goalkeepers the last few weeks.

Naysmith is absolutely fucking clueless and should do the decent thing and walk.
Worst EF manager since the last clown we had.

We have a very bad habit of appointing shit managers.

Totally agree about tactics. Reminds me of the Joe Hughes as striker scenario when he played every week as an isolated striker. We are turning every striker who plays for us into a nobody cos we do not support from midfield quickly enough nor create any chances for our strikers. The only way we are going to score is by midfielders from outside the box occasionally. Why McAleer doesn't normally start is beyond me (I know he was suspended today). He is the only one in my opinion who can get around defences and create anything.

By the way, the game would never have restarted with Austin on the field as the Ref and Assistants always have a list of players and substitutes in their notebook as happened today.

Ps Kevin Smith is wasted as an out and out target man.

Never mind mix up with fash. My concern was why would you take of a central defender and replace with a forward when moyes was obvious like for like replacement?

Cos we are such an attack minded football team????????

We are absolute fucking rotten! Won't be long until crowds are under 300 and who can blame them?? Over to you Ringo....

I'm the manager now? And here's me thinking I was a director??

What's the matter son, did your team only draw? Poor thing, no wonder yer greeting!! It's just no fair, is it?

Ringo

What's the matter son, did your team only draw? Poor thing, no wonder yer greeting!! It's just no fair, is it?

How many games is that without a win now? How many goals have we scored in that time? This is the 4th tier of the game we are taliking about Ringo. Never mind all the off field issues this club faces, on the pitch we are just about as low as we have ever been in terms of our league placing. We also have no more interest in any cup competitions and yet you are having a punt at people who have the gall to be pissed off about the situation.

Some folk are just more easily satisfied than others I guess.

The Dude
Ringo

How many games is that without a win now? How many goals have we scored in that time? This is the 4th tier of the game we are taliking about Ringo. Never mind all the off field issues this club faces, on the pitch we are just about as low as we have ever been in terms of our league placing. We also have no more interest in any cup competitions and yet you are having a punt at people who have the gall to be pissed off about the situation.

3 points separate us from 4th place, so the league placing is not critical at present as far as getting into the play offs. We are 4 points ahead of bottom which is not good obviously, but with 7 teams separated by only 7 points between 4th and bottom, we are not the only team affected. Instead of greeting like you have dropped your dummies, get behind the team, or is that too alien a thing for you all to do? We drew with the 3rd top team and you are saying we are bad, what about them? That was against a full strength Albion team minus their player/manager. We didn't have a full strength team due to injuries and a ban.

It seems you guys are more ready to greet and whinge than you are to support an be positive.

Negativity gets you nowhere.

The midfield is our weak link too many holding type midfield players, and no creativity. No one gambles and supports the front player, in the managers defence yesterday, I have no criticism of making us harder to beat as we have been losing poor goals for weeks. However if we go behind I cant see where a goal is coming from in open play. Also with Mcaleer and cook out these are the guys who can go past players and make chances. Smith put umpteen great crosses into the box yesterday with no one on the end of them. I take it Lewis Barr was suspended yesterday, he was missed as I thought he played well against Berwick. Its difficult when we have injuries and suspensions and a small squad. It doesn't get any easier next week with Berwick away, Colin Cameron must love playing East Fife I hope the players want revenge as much as me for that cup defeat.

Ringo
The Dude
Ringo

3 points separate us from 4th place, so the league placing is not critical at present as far as getting into the play offs. We are 4 points ahead of bottom which is not good obviously, but with 7 teams separated by only 7 points between 4th and bottom, we are not the only team affected. Instead of greeting like you have dropped your dummies, get behind the team, or is that too alien a thing for you all to do? We drew with the 3rd top team and you are saying we are bad, what about them? That was against a full strength Albion team minus their player/manager. We didn't have a full strength team due to injuries and a ban.

It seems you guys are more ready to greet and whinge than you are to support an be positive.

Negativity gets you nowhere.

zzzzz....

Any idea why Barr and Beaton weren't included?
Injury?

I'm sure Beaton is now at Bonnyrigg on loan.

Barr was injured. But should be ok for this week

I'd play McAleer & Brown before Beaton & Barr anyday!!