Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
thoughts on takeover bid(s)

When I was in the happy position of being able to buy shares in a company, I would research its performance. This meant going back at least 3 but more often 5 years and going through the P&L and balance accounts. This would be difficult for EF as they only publish abbreviated accounts so unless I could see the full accounts I would be hesitant at least. I know that it is not the same here as it more about retaining the team than gaining a profit but it would be a sad day for supporters to raise the funds only to see a bankruptcy in a few years.

That being said the directors' bid and their request for help shows no substance only words of hope with no sign of how they are going to raise the funds or pay them back. The other point is their assurance that the shares will be sold to fans after 5 years but the way it is set up you will only be eligible if you have several thousand pounds. No mention of what you may have contributed to the original purchase which is a bit of a con in itself. Also how many ordinary fans can raise that amount or want to when all they wnant is small share in their club. I would think a holding of 100 shares costing around £400 is what most fans would want and could afford.

Before I would even consider supporting this bid I would at least have to see full accounts for the last financial years which can easily be published before the AGM. Then I would want to see a full business plan showing facts and figures for the raising of money and how to put the club on a firm financial footing over the next 5 years.

Otherwise it is all just smoke and mirrors like last years trumpeted takeover and we deserve more than that!

Re: thoughts on takeover bid(s)

well put JJ

I would also want a more credible answer for where the money placed in a bond has gone.

"We had quite a few postponements that season"- just doesn't cut it I am afraid.

I would also invest if I could see clear and transparent accounts (inc. balance sheets) But I would also want to see what the directors business plan was to give me confidence that my investment would not be wasted.

Has East Fife ever had a bankrupt director, which threatened the club's existence?

Are any of the current directors bankrupt, or ever have been? After all, the last thing we want is a former bankruptee to be running the club, do we? If not, why should you think that they will be in the near future?

If you think that the directors do not have enough money to ensure the club will survive, why would you want rid of the current majority shareholders when they surely have enough money to ride through the rough times? If they don't, all the more reason to back the current bid, or are you deriding it for personal reasons?

How did your last share purchase perform?

Where is the proof of your financial nous, so that we can take your comments seriously? This would probably mean you having to identify yourself, of course.

You could have bought EF shares in the past, why didn't you (maybe you have)? There are many small shareholdings in East Fife I believe and they didn't cost thousands. They are supporters who were prepared to possibly lose their money, but bought their small shareholdings to be part of the club. It sounds like you are only looking at buying EF shares to try and make a profit, just as you did when you were in - "a happy position".

Can we be sure you have a clean financial bill of health and that we can be confident you are indeed a financial guru and can be listened to? At the moment, nobody knows you from Adam.

Fifer 11
well put JJ

I would also want a more credible answer for where the money placed in a bond has gone.

"We had quite a few postponements that season"- just doesn't cut it I am afraid.

I would also invest if I could see clear and transparent accounts (inc. balance sheets) But I would also want to see what the directors business plan was to give me confidence that my investment would not be wasted.

If you don't think a few postponements will have an effect on the clubs finances sir, then you clearly have no idea of the difficulties this puts on smaller clubs. I would ask you to check with other club directors elsewhere and ask them if it "just doesn't cut it" and see what answers you will get?

Deary me
Has East Fife ever had a bankrupt director, which threatened the club's existence?

Are any of the current directors bankrupt, or ever have been? After all, the last thing we want is a former bankruptee to be running the club, do we? If not, why should you think that they will be in the near future?

The last thing we want is a former bankruptee to be running the club??? That is what we have had for the last 12 years.

fed up fan
Deary me

The last thing we want is a former bankruptee to be running the club??? That is what we have had for the last 12 years.

Who is that person?

Deary me

If you think that the directors do not have enough money to ensure the club will survive, why would you want rid of the current majority shareholders when they surely have enough money to ride through the rough times? If they don't, all the more reason to back the current bid, or are you deriding it for personal reasons?

How did your last share purchase perform?
earned money in this bid with the minimal information we now have.
Where is the proof of your financial nous, so that we can take your comments seriously? This would probably mean you having to identify yourself, of course.

You could have bought EF shares in the past, why didn't you (maybe you have)? There are many small shareholdings in East Fife I believe and they didn't cost thousands. They are supporters who were prepared to possibly lose their money, but bought their small shareholdings to be part of the club. It sounds like you are only looking at buying EF shares to try and make a profit, just as you did when you were in - "a happy position".

Can we be sure you have a clean financial bill of health and that we can be confident you are indeed a financial guru and can be listened to? At the moment, nobody knows you from Adam.

Dear,Dear deary me you are one sad batard. I put forward a point of view on which I would consider funding the bid. You either agree or disagree but instead you had to have an analysis of my financial acumen and worry about who I am. As if that matters.

Do you disagree with me and would you go forward with this bid and invest your hard
earned money with the minimal information we have.

Deary me
Fifer 11
well put JJ

If you don't think a few postponements will have an effect on the clubs finances sir, then you clearly have no idea of the difficulties this puts on smaller clubs. I would ask you to check with other club directors elsewhere and ask them if it "just doesn't cut it" and see what answers you will get?

If you are telling me the only explanation for the fact that the six figure sum not being there anymore ( I believe that was the only explanation given at the recent meeting with supporters) is the fact we had some postponements then ,no I wont invest, as I do not believe that to be credible or truthful. If the directors can give me a more credible explanation then I may consider investing.

As JJ says its the same decision making process for anyone making any investment.

Are you now stating I have to prove my `financial nous` to be able to make an investment? Well if that's the case the club must be in in a much healthier position than I/we thought and doesn't need any outside investment.

Off to check with BT and Apple to see if they need copies of Accountancy qualifications to be able to buy shares in their companies!!

Fifer 11
Deary me
Fifer 11
well put JJ

If you are telling me the only explanation for the fact that the six figure sum not being there anymore ( I believe that was the only explanation given at the recent meeting with supporters) is the fact we had some postponements then ,no I wont invest, as I do not believe that to be credible or truthful. If the directors can give me a more credible explanation then I may consider investing.

As JJ says its the same decision making process for anyone making any investment.

Are you now stating I have to prove my `financial nous` to be able to make an investment? Well if that's the case the club must be in in a much healthier position than I/we thought and doesn't need any outside investment.

Off to check with BT and Apple to see if they need copies of Accountancy qualifications to be able to buy shares in their companies!!

Are you expecting me to listen to your reasoning, which is putting down another party's investment, when all I now about you is your are either Fifer11 or JJ? Of course, what you do with your money is entirely up to you, but why are you telling the rest of us? I couldn't really give a flying f**k what you do with your money. What is it that makes you think anybody is interested in you? No, the truth is you are just trying to put down the directors plan and as you will not identify yourself, then nobody will ever know if you have indeed invested money in anything in the past, the present, or the future, so why the f**k are you posting a load of shite? I know who the directors are that ARE putting money into buying the club and they have declared that to the fans. Tell us who you are and maybe I'll change my mind, but there is no chance you will do that.

Try buying shares in Apple or BT as Fifer11 or JJ and see how far your interest will get you!

You sound as if you're speaking on behalf of others. Who might they be?

Deary me aka Ringo aka Jocky

^^^^
Seething πŸ˜„

Jack

I wouldn't give a button to the directors if this is their attitude, or the attitude from their backers. The club can and should survive without them. Fuck them.

Jack

You sound as if you do not have a word to say about the reality of purchasing the club. "Jack" who might you be?

amazed
Jack

I wouldn't give a button to the directors if this is their attitude, or the attitude from their backers. The club can and should survive without them. Fuck them.

That is good "amazed", you can safely give a button to the directors, as it is not their attitude, it is mine. You obviously think that "button" could make all the difference. Unfortunately, "buttons" are not good enough for the club to survive, but I don't suppose you are bothered as long as you prevent the directors from saving the club.

peekachoo
Deary me aka Ringo aka Jocky

^^^^
Seething πŸ˜„

Hiya SPF, Hiya! Hiya amazed, hiya. Hiya Jack, hiya!

Jim Stevenson has said asking supporters for help is like asking them to jump off a bridge? Bit if a slap in the puss to the guys who pledged almost 25k for a new shop we clearly didn't need. Why can't the board and supporters work together and buy club?

DPH
Jim Stevenson has said asking supporters for help is like asking them to jump off a bridge? Bit if a slap in the puss to the guys who pledged almost 25k for a new shop we clearly didn't need. Why can't the board and supporters work together and buy club?

Because Stevenson is clueless. A bit like Deary me, Ringo and Jocky or whoever this clown decides to call himself next.

Board Member Spotter
DPH

Because Stevenson is clueless. A bit like Deary me, Ringo and Jocky or whoever this clown decides to call himself next.

The clowns are people like yourself throwing away the opportunity to get fans involved in running the club. You all want it, but don't want to pay for it. It is you that is clueless BMS, Lickspittle, DPH, Peekachoo, SPF, watching, JJ, Fifer 11 or whatever you call yourself. Mind you, I would hate it if the likes of you ever got your hands on this club, because it would certainly lead to its demise. Thank christ AFTN is not a true reflection of the vast majority of East Fife fans and is only the domain of the few whingeing, moaning, miserable idiots that try to make out they are supporters.

Deary Me,
May i ask why you changed your name from Ringo and before that as Jocky?
Was it because you were outed as an absolute tool by any chance?

Do tell.

I must say that I haven't noticed your username much in the past? It is always good to see new faces on AFTN, but the question is - Are you really new to AFTN? I Wonder? Maybe you got outed as one not having an argument, so gave up and started again with a different name? Have you ever heard of Pot & Kettle? The same way you finish up before choosing another ridiculous username, is to target anybody who disagrees with your bile. You cannot argue with facts, so resort to more insinuations and have nothing to say that backs your argument, which isn't in fact an argument, only accusations. What an infantile knob you are.

Deary me
Jack

You sound as if you do not have a word to say about the reality of purchasing the club. "Jack" who might you be?

You haven't answered my question.

Yes yes, but do please answer the question Jocky.

Deary me
I must say that I haven't noticed your username much in the past? It is always good to see new faces on AFTN, but the question is - Are you really new to AFTN? I Wonder? Maybe you got outed as one not having an argument, so gave up and started again with a different name? Have you ever heard of Pot & Kettle? The same way you finish up before choosing another ridiculous username, is to target anybody who disagrees with your bile. You cannot argue with facts, so resort to more insinuations and have nothing to say that backs your argument, which isn't in fact an argument, only accusations. What an infantile knob you are.

And you haven't answered Hanging Bat's question. Are you a tool?

Hiya SPF, Hiya! Hiya amazed, hiya. Hiya Jack, Hiya Lickspittle, Hiya Hanging BAM, hiya!

Jack
Deary me

C'mon kids, you can do better than that, surely?

Deary me
Jack
Deary me

He is a tool Jack. Has to resort to using foul language tut tut tut.
Jocky/Ringo/Deary me clearly the saddest and most disliked poster in the history of AFTN?

Deary me

OK. In the thread 'Jumpin through Rankin's hoops' Ringo posted several times. You have shown yourself to have very strong feelings on the subject but you posted not once.
On the other hand, in the thread 'Jim Stevenson is asked to jump off a bridge' you posted several times and this time Ringo stayed silent.
In this thread, it's you again hogging the limelight. Is it not possible for you and Ringo to have a conversation on here in the same thread? It would add strength to your argument because he appears to be on your side.
I'd like an answer this time.

Jack
Deary me

OK. In the thread 'Jumpin through Rankin's hoops' Ringo posted several times. You have shown yourself to have very strong feelings on the subject but you posted not once.
On the other hand, in the thread 'Jim Stevenson is asked to jump off a bridge' you posted several times and this time Ringo stayed silent.
In this thread, it's you again hogging the limelight. Is it not possible for you and Ringo to have a conversation on here in the same thread? It would add strength to your argument because he appears to be on your side.
I'd like an answer this time.

Jack?? Now where did you creep out of now? I note you have only appeared to comment about me on this thread. If you have a problem with me, fine, but why you ask me about somebody else? Are you paranoid about something? Why don't you come up with a good reason for not supporting the takeover bid, which I assume you don't? Is it because you can't? You haven't so far.

Just answer their questions Deary Me.

It seems like a rushed deal to me.
With A director having a go at supporters in paper for not paying at gate not sure where I go from here . Being a season ticket holder would I consider paying at gate too in good off the club and all that then yeah I would . But you can ram your embarrassing comments dragging my clubs supporters down. Did you ask fans for help before going to the papers eh ? What about that 25 k fae squareknot ? Come up with some business plan and I'm sure you could have it .

So that's us back to a laugthing stock again ... Let normal service resume

It's only you folk on this site that are a laughing stock - normal for the AFTN saddos.

Thoughts on the takeover bids:

For me, the best thing about the Lee Murray era, was the communication that came from himself, and out of the club. I think most supporters noticed, and when you're communicated with, you feel included, part of things. And that's what I think we need around here, for a better future. We need everyone to feel like they're part of things.

The EFSS proposal, for community ownership couldn't be more in line with that. Funding the purchase of the shares through donations, and giving equal voting rights to every member, no matter how much they'd put in. For me, this is in tune with the fitba experience. On Saturday afternoon, you stand next to a complete stranger and give your opinion on what you see, and listen to theirs. It doesn't matter if she's a company director or government minister and you're only an unemployed builder or something. You stand there and agree the left-back in front of you is a liability and your own status and wealth doesn't come into it.
Also, the EFSS communications have been good, with their own website, emails to members, and re-posting those emails on this site.

The Directors had a meeting almost a week ago. Where, goodness knows what was said, (regret I was at another meeting that night). Because they haven't posted a summary, or even their version of events, as far as I can see. I've been waiting for something to appear here, or on the official site, and checking in every day expectantly. I've read every post on this site, and get the general gist, but with the greatest of respect, I can't put the same weight in anonymous comments on a website. I'm unable to comment on their bid without reading the details from the horses mouth. If they turn out successful, I'll wish them well, recommend they up their game in the communication stakes, and try to achieve some common purpose and community feeling with the fans.

For now, my hope is that EFSS win the day, and that the current directors are appointed to the board under their ownership. To me, on current evidence, that's the 'best of both worlds', to use the words of a famous supporter of some team with a queer like smell.

Markus
It's only you folk on this site that are a laughing stock - normal for the AFTN saddos.

Deary meπŸ˜„

I think a combined takeover would be best too PS, but I have to disagree with you saying that the EFSS are keeping everybody informed. Do you, or anybody else know what they are planning to do? I don't, so for the posts on here having a go at the only bid so far to take the club over, is way out of order, when nobody knows what EFSS are going to do yet. Another thread has the Courier interview with the board posted on it, so the media were informed about the meeting which was then repeated on AFTN.
What certainly doesn't help, are the trolls posting total tripe to try and discredit the directors bid. All they are doing is telling the people with responsible heads, don't let that lot anywhere near the decision making process at Bayview.

Fifer 11
well put JJ

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/16142223

http://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/thebluebrazil/articles/2010/11/30/407744-heavy-cost-of-postponement-sees-club-seek-compensation/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/motherwell-call-off-dundee-united-game-after-power-cut.1349538987

It affects all clubs at all levels and costs them money.

Deary me
I think a combined takeover would be best too

Only because the directors don't have enough money to make their bid work and have reluctantly had to admit they need someone else to help fund their blazer status. All this talk of doing it for stability is a smokescreen. They are doing it just as much for themselves.

Deary me
I must say that I haven't noticed your username much in the past?

Says new addition "Deary Me".

Deary me

It is always good to see new faces on AFTN, but the question is - Are you really new to AFTN? I Wonder? Maybe you got outed as one not having an argument, so gave up and started again with a different name? Have you ever heard of Pot & Kettle? The same way you finish up before choosing another ridiculous username, is to target anybody who disagrees with your bile.

But John, you were posting under "Dr Who" - that is until I asked you to backup or withdraw your claim that I made a derogatory statement at last week's meeting. Instead of taking it on the chin you drop "Dr Who" and post under "Deary Me" saying what you think "Dr Who" meant. How daft do you think folk are?

This obsession with knowing who is behind usernames is getting in the way of what could be constructive debate on how to take the club forward.

Deary me
Fifer 11
well put JJ

http://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/thebluebrazil/articles/2010/11/30/407744-heavy-cost-of-postponement-sees-club-seek-compensation/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/motherwell-call-off-dundee-united-game-after-power-cut.1349538987

You think East Fife fans are zipped up the back? Why did postponements supposedly cost East Fife in particular hundreds of thousands of pounds?

"It nevertheless seems that a significant loss is anticipated for 2014 despite games V Rangers and Dunfermline After the meeting the EFSS checked its shareholder copy of the accounts for the previous few seasons.
2013 Loss of £26,000 despite getting £140,000 from the tie at Ibrox
2012 Loss of £13,000 despite £40,000+ from tie at Pittodrie
2011 Loss of £38,000
2010 Loss of £125,000"

Sad, sad, sad and bitter boys. When you all grow up and learn how much things cost even your mum and dad, then you might understand. A forlorn hope unfortunately, because you need a few brain cells as well.

Noisy_Crossbar
Deary me
I must say that I haven't noticed your username much in the past?

Says new addition "Deary Me".

Deary me

It is always good to see new faces on AFTN, but the question is - Are you really new to AFTN? I Wonder? Maybe you got outed as one not having an argument, so gave up and started again with a different name? Have you ever heard of Pot & Kettle? The same way you finish up before choosing another ridiculous username, is to target anybody who disagrees with your bile.

But John, you were posting under "Dr Who" - that is until I asked you to backup or withdraw your claim that I made a derogatory statement at last week's meeting. Instead of taking it on the chin you drop "Dr Who" and post under "Deary Me" saying what you think "Dr Who" meant. How daft do you think folk are?

This obsession with knowing who is behind usernames is getting in the way of what could be constructive debate on how to take the club forward.

As I thought! One who was outed as one not having an argument, right enough. You forgot to change your username Jack/Noisy Why don't you use a more memorable name like Claude, Cecil, Garfield, Grant, or something mate? Nah, don't bother, you would just end up making a fool of yourself again. No argument and no substance in your posts, I'm afraid. Just accusations based on..... oh yes, vivid imagination! It's because of all those same vivid imaginative type posts (apart from all being identical), that make me think you are either an adolescent, or a very, very immature person.

Get Real
Deary me
Fifer 11
well put JJ

You think East Fife fans are zipped up the back? Why did postponements supposedly cost East Fife in particular hundreds of thousands of pounds?

"It nevertheless seems that a significant loss is anticipated for 2014 despite games V Rangers and Dunfermline After the meeting the EFSS checked its shareholder copy of the accounts for the previous few seasons.
2013 Loss of £26,000 despite getting £140,000 from the tie at Ibrox
2012 Loss of £13,000 despite £40,000+ from tie at Pittodrie
2011 Loss of £38,000
2010 Loss of £125,000"

Hiya SPF, Hiya! Hiya amazed, hiya. Hiya Jack, Hiya Lickspittle, Hiya Hanging BAM, hiya, Hiya Noisy, hiya!

Deary me,
I think i can speak on behalf of most on here in saying that you are a complete and utter muppet.

Regards
Ian

Board Member Spotter
Deary me,
I think i can speak on behalf of most on here in saying that you are a complete and utter muppet.

Regards
Ian

Another one bites the dust! You mean - speak for your alter egos, of course!

Okay, I'll leave it to yourselves Noisy, bye.

Deary me
Okay, I'll leave it to yourselves Noisy, bye.

You'll be back under a different guise. You cant but help yourself. Easily identified. Sad little man that you are.

Ian Dobie (yes, my real name)

What's yours Deary Me, Ringo, Jocky?

Deary me
Sad, sad, sad and bitter boys. When you all grow up and learn how much things cost even your mum and dad, then you might understand. A forlorn hope unfortunately, because you need a few brain cells as well.

Yes, then perhaps we'll sound as mature as you do on that post (for clarity - yes, I'm being ironic).

John, if it's any comfort, I've only every posted as Noisy_Crossbar - well for the last couple of seasons at least. I will change it at some point, but don't worry, I'll keep the underscore so that you'll know it is me.

Folk that want to know who I am can easily find out. I've nothing to hide but nor to I seek to have my name up in flashing lights. Like the majority of contributors to this forum, I'm just a fan with an opinion. Seems like you've managed to find out my name and if that's important to you then great.

I don't have a problem with your multiple user names. In fact it can be rather amusing to read you backing up your own points. I see that you once posted with your own name on Jun 2, 2013 11:41am - but as you said in your post, that was just a once off.

It is good that a Director comes on here to engage in the east fife debate, but let's see if we can debate things like tackling the debt,supporter involvement and the like i...nstead of what username is in vogue this week.

That Noisy_Crossbar fella certainly talks a lot of sense

Deary me
Jack?? Now where did you creep out of now?

Deary me
You forgot to change your username Jack/Noisy Why don't you use a more memorable name like Claude, Cecil, Garfield, Grant, or something mate?

I hate to disappoint you but although I don't post a great deal I've been here for years, all under the one username. What disappoints me most about you is your total lack of honesty in all your dealings here. I feel truly sorry for you.