Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Times UP

Awful today, Negative tactics against the team bottom of the league with no manager is simply embarrassing. There is not a hope in hell of promotion.

The last 5 minutes of the game is how we should approach games at home. Full of passion and enthusiasm. It's Elgin at home for christ sake! Last week doesn't cover the cracks. We have been dog shit all season.

So disheartened after today. Looks like we'll be stuck in this league for a good few years.

Re: Times UP

Lawless
Awful today, Negative tactics against the team bottom of the league with no manager is simply embarrassing. There is not a hope in hell of promotion.

The last 5 minutes of the game is how we should approach games at home. Full of passion and enthusiasm. It's Elgin at home for christ sake! Last week doesn't cover the cracks. We have been dog shit all season.

So disheartened after today. Looks like we'll be stuck in this league for a good few years.

Stopped going after 3 games this season.
Naysmith is hopeless.

Can`t think of anything else to say really.

Dont care anymore.

One solitary victory at home to East Stirling is all we can show for our efforts this season. Now by any ones standards that is a poor return. We just do not have enough about us in open play. We have scored a few from set pieces in the last few weeks but big Marv stood up to everything today. We saw a lot of the ball but never created enough in the final 3rd. Big Page at centre half had a mare and Elgin no 10 had the beating of him all game. Ross Brown very poor never got into the game at all. Young Smith at left back just keeps giving the ball away as soon as he gets it. You cant blame the manager for going with the same team who have done ok in last 2 games, but a few let him down today. We are still joint 4th but at this moment our home form is really hurting us. Take nothing away from Elgin they put in a spirited showing as usually happens when you lose your manager. It confirms what we know there isn't much between any team in the league. Cant blame the boys effort but we just lack a bit of quality in the final 3rd. I am sure Gary knows this, but im sure he will be focusing on the positives and that's 3 games unbeaten. I am certain Gary will know if he can sort out our home form a play off spot is all to be played for. Lets keep the faith and lets back Gary Naysmith as he is giving it 100% for the club.

Lawless

Rubbish. We'll be in a different league next season.

I reckon we might even make a bit of a challenge for the Lowland league title too

Aye not good enough today again, very poor at home, maybe if Liam Smith actually passed the ball to Ross Brown like he's supposed to do he wouldnt be giving the ball away all the time!! Can't say any player got pass parks today, all very poor even the more experienced players!! Will still back Gary Naysmith & the team!!

I've stopped going and I don't miss it. Money well saved.

DPH

I know its hard to watch and it gets frustrating.
But to say I give up is poor form.
If we all said that then we are doomed and in
My eyes no better than the erses who sit in
The house claming to be a supporter of a football
Team,when in reality they give the money to
The TV companies.
There is a difference between a fan of a club
And a supporter of a club.
Stick with your club mate.leave the glory hunters
Sitting in there chairs watching the telley.

Dinae give up
DPH

I know its hard to watch and it gets frustrating.
But to say I give up is poor form.
If we all said that then we are doomed and in
My eyes no better than the erses who sit in
The house claming to be a supporter of a football
Team,when in reality they give the money to
The TV companies.
There is a difference between a fan of a club
And a supporter of a club.
Stick with your club mate.leave the glory hunters
Sitting in there chairs watching the telley.

Much more pleasing things to do on a Saturday than watch a team/club who gave up years ago.
Wont be back until Naysmith is away and a certain director who posts on here on a regular basis and has a mental age of 14 do one/

Nah, no thanks.

East Fife are in the entertainment business and when I'm far from being entertained it becomes a chore. As each season passes I found myself going to less and less games until I eventually stopped going all together. Used to be a season ticket holder but now I have a young family and no longer live locally it's easy for me not to go. £13 for 1 adult to watch amateurs like Austin make it all the more easier.

Understand the reason. Sadly I'm slowly going the same way.
Can't really get excited about taking a point from bottom of the pile Elgin

Every one is different and has there own views and reasons for
stopping watching the FIfe and I wouldn't look down on anyone.

Sadly for us and our club there has been more lows than highs
since we moved down from the old ground,however i think as local
supporters and exiles out there we are a cut above these people who
Sit and claim they support this club and that club.

This doesn't mean we follow blindly,remember the Gavin Murray times,
horrendous.

What I'm saying is there have been worse times and we are
still here.

Dinae give up
Every one is different and has there own views and reasons for
stopping watching the FIfe and I wouldn't look down on anyone.

Sadly for us and our club there has been more lows than highs
since we moved down from the old ground,however i think as local
supporters and exiles out there we are a cut above these people who
Sit and claim they support this club and that club.

This doesn't mean we follow blindly,remember the Gavin Murray times,
horrendous.

What I'm saying is there have been worse times and we are
still here.

I would like to agree but I am doubtful if there have been times much worse than this. Gavin Murray was never a manager but the football his teams played was far better than we have seen for years at East Fife. It was also played at a higher level. The Murray era was not much fun but I would swap it for what we have now.

Club is back in its rightful place to be honest. A board and manager who lack the vision to step up a gear.
I`m sure the hardcore 350 or so who attend each week will be perfectly happy.

I`m no longer attending because i can think of much better things to do on a Saturday and can honestly say i know longer give a monkeys how east fife get on.
Only thing i miss is listening to is Bodge getting worked up and trying to figure out what he`s saying by god.

We`re right back to square one under this shower of incompetents.

Best of luck to Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline though. They know how its done. All decent clubs.
East Fife are finished.

Will keep supporting team as long as there's a game on on a Saturday!!

Well said Supporter, so will I. Saturday was as bad as it gets I hope. I am still confused as to why McAleer is only getting 10 minutes per game. He seems to be the only player who drives at defences. That's what is wrong with our midfielders, nobody speedy enough to pick up the ball deep and drive forward. Feel sorry for our strikers who do not get many clear chances made for them.

Aye McAleer should be getting more game time down the wing with Ross Brown in centre mid with Alan Walker!! We should win on Saturday, we're away from home!! Dont understand our home form!!

I really don't understand the fuss about Ross brown! He's torture! Fair enough he puts a bit of a shift in but on the ball and positionally just doesn't have it! That's why the manager won't play him centre mid! He knows if he puts him wide he'l run the graveyard shift and at least he's getting something from him!

I am hoping for changes down the right side of the team for this weekend. Would like to see Lewis Barr given a shot at right back as he looked good at full back against Rangers. Young kid Liam Smith at right back needing a rest. I really hope Caoleen Mcaleer replaces Ross Brown down the right side of midfield. Fraser Mullen and Allan Walker looking good in the middle, and Scott Smith on the left of midfield gives us a better shape. I don't think we are far away. Gary cant be happy with the cheap goals we give away. The Elgin goal again on Saturday is x certificate viewing from a defensive perspective. The 2nd quarter of the season has been a bit more consistent 1 victory , 1 defeat, and 2 draws. If we can just turn a few of the draws into victories I think we will be ok. Don't like to say this but next 2 games against East Stirling and Montrose must wins. Lets keep our patience and get behind Gary and the boys as they are giving it everything for the cause, we just need a we rub of the green.

Liam Smith has been one of our better performers this season but had a bad day on Saturday. To his credit he went into a 50/50 full blooded challenge with Marvin Andrews and came off best.

Thats why your not a Manager, you dont have it!! :-)

Maybe not a manager 'supporter' but you don't have to be to see that browns not good enough! We all have a wee soft spot for the young or local lads but when your in the bottom tier of football and going nowhere its time to face facts. We have walker in there who is easily one of the best centre midfielders in the league and the best we have to pair up with him is a full back in Mullen! Who btw is also one of our better players but we'r playing him out of position!

*we would be playing him out of position was what I meant to say*

That's your opinion which is wrong btw as Gary Naysmith likes him as a player!! After all is he not a manager I believe & ex international player!! :-). Btw I also think Walker & Mullan are decent players!!

I agree that Ross Brown is not very productive in midfield ie doesn't make many chances or cutting passes but he is a grafter. Don't think he has progressed much this season!

Also not impressed with Mullen in midfield. It's in this area where we are struggling ie not creating enough, did like him at full back though. Perhaps we should have got a creative midfielder on lone instead of a full back!

By the way, I also think Gary Naysmith should drop himself, he is not looking fit.

LOL. You have to laugh at some of the comments on here!! :-)