Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays game

Good luck to The Fife today at Ochilview!! Need 3 points today!!
Liked Kevin Smith's in the spotlight interview on SPFL Website, some good/funny answers!! :-)

Re: Todays game

Can't make it due to work. But with them scoring 4 last week they must be a dangerous outfit. With this in mind I don't expect anything less than a defensive setup. East Stirling need to be treated with respect. I would keep all out attacking players on the bench and then throw McAleer on with ten minutes to go. By this time our isolated striker who has been starved of service all game will be fired up and grad a late goal to snatch a magnifcent draw and maintain the unbeaten run.

For me today's game is a watershed moment.

East Stirling are historically Scotland's worst club. In contrast East Fife have a proud history - top flight football, multiple trophies, promotions and league titles.

Are we to return to these glories or are we to slug it out with the basement boys in the fight to avoid the lowland league trap door.

I'm not just hoping for a win today, I'm expecting one - a resounding one at that. We should not be content at having East Stirling, Elgin, Annan as our peers. We should be at least one if not two levels above that. Those are my expectations - over to the players, management and board to deliver.

Absolutely NO excuses today. 3 points and no less.

Another Naysmith tactical shambles resulting in a spineless defeat.
Nothing new there then.

1 nil to fife , half time

Good to be winning at HT but we MUST score another...too often this season we've gone ahead and concede. Let's kill off this game! Mon the Fife

1-1. Was always going to happen wasn't it? Same old same old.

That's it for me. Why waste my time and money to follow this when we continually play to not lose. An insult to the paying supporter. Totally fallen out of love with East fife and won't be back. Hurting after that and I doubt the players will be. Same old same old every fucking week. When was the last time we fans came away at full time ,entertained and talking about a great East Fife win? Sorry Gary , please go.

Last 2 games against Elgin and East Stirling, we should have been looking for 6 points to kick on, instead we have managed only 2. Pretty grim stuff.

Naysmith has to go.

Absolutely awful.

Wont be back.

2nd best all game, never won a header never won a tackle continually let the shire drive at us, and a point was a steal. Happy days. The shire must be wondering how they haven't won that game 3 cleared off the line and they rattled the bar. We had a 100% record one shot one goal.

Two weeks ago I looked at the fixtures.

Elgin
East Stirling
Montrose

Get in i though, three weeks where we can catch up by getting 9 points and give the whipping boys a defeat...

Last week a spineless draw against bottom club Elgin. Absolutely woeful with players playing in stupid positions and a rotten performance... (1 point)

This week it's against the team ,as mentioned above, known as the worst team in the country. (1 point)

What the hells going on. Why is Caolan sitting on the bench? He was a starter for airdrie while on loan from partick. Then comes to us and doesn't play, instead we get the absolute donkey in Ross Campbell playing on the wing. He spends a whole 5 mins of the game in the position he is meant to.

We have one of the widest pitches! USE THE WINGERS.

If it's anything less than 3 points next week I will hand my season ticket back in. Absolutely sick of turning up to games to see an atrocious game. The only reason I keep going back is the season ticket.

I genuinely thought last year that going down would help us and we could get confidence by beating everyone (like Arbroath), instead we play just as shoddily as last year!

Scott Young

I share most of your points. Have said many times before that we don't have anybody to drive at defences, we don' play a winger who could get behind defences and create chances for our starved strikers.

Same every week, absolutely nothing changes, is the Manager not up to the mark or are the players not listening.

It's the same old same old as last season but with a totally different squad of players. Does that tell us anything???????

Naysmith has to go.
He's worse than Brown. Much worse. A fucking clueless donkey of a manager and a shit board.

Happy days.

If Gary Naysmith learns only one thing from that game it has to be the tempo the shire played at they never gave East Fife a second on the ball the whole game they were right on top of us the first touch a Fife player took. They drove right down the centre and had good width everything we do not have. Only width we had was from a full back in Scott Smith and that was put to a stop after half time when the shire sorted that out. Any one who wasn't there will be thinking the shire are poor, but I can assure you they will shock a few teams. Played good direct football assisted by a lack lusture East Fife, I admired their hunger and work ethic. Their manager must take great credit for turning their fortunes around.

fan67
If Gary Naysmith learns only one thing from that game it has to be the tempo the shire played at they never gave East Fife a second on the ball the whole game they were right on top of us the first touch a Fife player took. They drove right down the centre and had good width everything we do not have. Only width we had was from a full back in Scott Smith and that was put to a stop after half time when the shire sorted that out. Any one who wasn't there will be thinking the shire are poor, but I can assure you they will shock a few teams. Played good direct football assisted by a lack lusture East Fife, I admired their hunger and work ethic. Their manager must take great credit for turning their fortunes around.

We seem to say this every season, but is it the manager or are the players just crap? Should we be getting more from this crop of players? Looking at Arbroath and their group of so-called Fife flops it would appear that once again we have the wrong manager in the job. Brown, Aitchison and now Naysmith.

Do we never learn?

The constant factor during the demise of our once proud club is the neglectful owner and the willing puppets he seeks to employ.

No more puppets, no more rankine.

The club needs a clean break and a fresh start.

What really disappoints me is that the EFSS looked to be pursuing a fresh start ...... Only for the Gang of Four to step in and keep things as they were. I guess the prospect of playing director for a bit had more apeal than doing the right thing. Self interest seems to override the common good me thinks.

Should the SFA find against Neil rankine, it surely makes the Gang of Four's rental agreement untenable. Or will they sweep integrity aside to try and secure the coveted blazer a little longer.

We will see.

Any comment John?

Re: Todays ga

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
The constant factor during the demise of our once proud club is the neglectful owner and the willing puppets he seeks to employ.

What really disappoints me is that the EFSS looked to be pursuing a fresh start ...... Only for the Gang of Four to step in and keep things as they were. I guess the prospect of playing director for a bit had more apeal than doing the right thing. Self interest seems to override the common good me thinks.

Should the SFA find against Neil rankine, it surely makes the Gang of Four's rental agreement untenable. Or will they sweep integrity aside to try and secure the coveted blazer a little longer.

We will see.

Any comment John?

Spot on. They are all EF fans I dare say but they fail to see that propping the club up in this way is actually killing East Fife. More of the same is the last thing we need because there would be no point in us existing in the same way as a Montrose or an Albion Rovers. We should be aspiring to be much better than that. If they dont see that then frankly I'd rather see us fold than maintain such a pointless existence.

Shocking tactics, playing our best center back at right back when we have a young promising talent on the bench, along with mcshane who should be started over Ross Campbell who is hopeless, and a player who should be starting every week and would help us rise up that table. Caolan Macaleer, outstanding player, quick, tricky, ripped us and other teams to bits last season, we need him and alan cook out on the wing(obviously hes injured). Or why not even try wee david maskrey? it seems right now that the only player that cares about east fife is Steven Cambell and Lewis Barr, as a 15 year old its frustrating to travel to the likes of berwick and arboath ans see us win but then 2 1-1 draw against probably the 2 worst teams in the league! pish

mcaleer not injured they just dont play him

Claude_Cecil_Garfield

We will see.

Any comment John?

This is exactly what is going on. Well said that man.

I can assure you its not only Campbell & Barr who care about East Fife, one other player was in a foul mood after the game!! I think there would be a few others too!!

Claude_Cecil_Garfield

We will see.

Any comment John?[/quo

THIS IS SPOT ON