Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AGM

Is there to be an AGM for EFFC this year? I seem to remember it was always held around this time but there has been no announcement and I suspect there will not be one because there are too many questions to be asked and which will be deflected as I expect will be the case at the trust meeting. Is it a legal requiremnt for private companies as for public limited companies?

Let's face it the directors' bid is ajoke as anyone expected to donate to it would be mad without the information that we have all been asking. Say the trust and fans do not suport it is there any prospect the directors could go ahead? I for one have said from the beginning I would not support it even if there was more transparency and the trust have already indicated that their working group will also turn it down so why all this faffing about?

To tell the truth I have lost patience with the club, the directors, the trust and the team. Although the present situation must have some effect on the team's performance. We are playing into Rankine's hands. While a "viable" bid is on the table he has some defence for the SFA in that Twiggs are trying to sell.

My fear is that in the long run the club will go bust and the ground will be sold which is what Rankine has wanted all along.

Re: AGM

Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Monday 5th January 2015 at 7.00pm.

The Accounts for the year to 31 May 2014 show a loss of £142,174.
Relevant factors contributing to these losses are:
Matchday and admin costs involved in the Rangers and Dunfermline games.
Loss of SFA youth funding with the lost funds being made good by the club.
Playing staff costs being greater than budgeted.
Worryingly the club had current assets of £36,625 and current liabilities of £128,809.ie an immediate deficit of £92,184 to meet its current debts.
The BOD have an action plan in place to address this shortfall.
A further worry is that the club anticipates a further loss for the current year.

As an aside , 34 supporters paid the full charge of £13 today.

I don't think it should be considered "an aside".

I think it should be a key component of the Gang of Four's strategy to turn the club around? What are they going to do to entice former customers back to the club?

sammy

Does the 34 figure include away fans?

Never thought I'd hear that ; Board of Directors and Action Plan in the same sentence.
Is this action plan selling the ground around Bayview to Neil Rankine ?
Locals in a pub after last weeks game said East Fife had two deals on the go with Neil Rankine,
one buying the shares and the second selling him some land.

Could just be local gossip, Anyone know. If there is any truth in it ?

Argyll Fifer
sammy

Does the 34 figure include away fans?

No.

DD
Never thought I'd hear that ; Board of Directors and Action Plan in the same sentence.
Is this action plan selling the ground around Bayview to Neil Rankine ?
Locals in a pub after last weeks game said East Fife had two deals on the go with Neil Rankine,
one buying the shares and the second selling him some land.

Could just be local gossip, Anyone know. If there is any truth in it ?

I have also heard - rumours or fact - that the club is selling the land to Neil Rankine for £80,000.

There is reference in the Notes to the Accounts that the directors "have also identified further income streams,with a possible land sale being pursued at the moment."

Perhaps all will be revealed at the AGM

Does the 36k of assets include the stadium and the surrounding ground. Who are we due all this money to is it to the tax man or local business. What a horrendous state of affairs.

fan67
Does the 36k of assets include the stadium and the surrounding ground. Who are we due all this money to is it to the tax man or local business. What a horrendous state of affairs.

Yes it is an horrendous state of affairs. It always has been since Rankine got his handx on shares that should have gone to existing shareholders. There has been a conspiracy theory about Rankine for many years and just because it's a theory does not mean there is no conspiracy. Let's face it the board has to do what the majority shareholder tells them so I have some sympathy with them. The best way they can help is to immediatly withdraw their bid and let the SFA pass judgement without the spurious proposal to buy the Twigg shares.

Directors if you do not do this you are putting EFFC in danger of existance!

Found it really strange at yesterdays game.A business is struggling for funds yet they have a free raffle and give away aload of free prizes.

The prize draw didn't really cost anything though.

Like many other long standing fans, there is a lack of trust in the present Board, possibly due to lack of transparency and communication with fans over a number of years. I have absolutely no doubt that they want the same for the Club as the fans do. I have also no doubt that they have put a fair amount of their personal wealth and a great deal of time into running the Club. However the business nous in attracting sponsors etc over the years has been lacking.
The present deal on the table with Rankine/ / Twigg / Johnston - is it what it seems ? Does anyone honestly believe that the 150k from the Rangers game two seasons ago was swallowed up by 4 postponed games ? If that was the case we will go out of business if we have a similar scenario over the winter.
I have a theory which may be miles off the mark, but there again may have more than an element of truth in it.
The Board had a bid of 380k accepted in principle by the majority shareholders. The Board are putting up 100k of their own money and if they are, fair play to them. However I believe that Rankine took 100k from the Rangers money and he will deduct that amount from the due 380k but it has been decided that the four Directors will look good and get fans onside by saying they are putting in 25k each. As a result Rankine pays nothing, Directors pay nothing but get 25k of shares each and it's a paper exercise. Secondly, at the recent meeting with the fans, the Board did not really answer the question about if the deal went ahead, would Rankine have no hold over the Club in terms of the running of the Club and surrounding land. Based on this, if the rumour mentioned above about Rankine buying the surrounding land for 80k is true, then again he is not putting the money into the Club but just deducting it from the deal offered taking it down from 280k to 200k. This means Rankine is still due to receive in cash more than he paid for Danskins shares, has an area of land he can sell in the future and has already had a 'dividend' on his shares to the tune of 100k
The Directors spoke about the holding company then selling 39/40 blocks of 5k worth of shares to fans and local groups. This would tie in with the shares the still available.
I may be miles from the truth, but I suspect I may not be far away.

For goodness sake Warren Buffet, give the board a little credit for doing something for long suffering supporters and to maybe attract some people who are not regular attenders. As previous post says, it would not have cost a great deal.

Who Am I
For goodness sake Warren Buffet, give the board a little credit for doing something for long suffering supporters and to maybe attract some people who are not regular attenders.

Do you seriously think that holding a free raffle will attract people to a football match?

Surely, the most farcical thing to come out of these financial figures, is the value the Twigg consortium believe East Fife football club to be worth. Now you don't have to be a financial genius from the city of London to understand that a business haemorrhaging customers, with no business plan and very few assets has to decrease in share value. However Samantha believes that the value of East Fife should increase. If you took these financial figures and business model to an independent financial advisor you would be laughed out his office. Now I don't for one minute believe the gang of 4 are that stupid to agree with the value of the club. So you can only conclude that some deal is being struck. This is becoming a mini version of Sevco, money disappearing from the club and mystery men behind the scenes. Not to mention the fans walking away. I am afraid the club I love is heading for disaster.

I will tell you what is amazing 18 posts
on this thread,yet we won 3.0 yesterday
and only 3 posts on that thread.

Call yourself supporters pathetic

Amazing
I will tell you what is amazing 18 posts
on this thread,yet we won 3.0 yesterday
and only 3 posts on that thread.

Call yourself supporters pathetic
That's because there was hardly any cunt there and who can blame them. Most of us have quite simply had enough of all the lies, secrecy, lack off communication from board and zero trust. Sinking ship.....

What you think the 10 or so whingers on
here are the vast majority of the support
what a load o pish.

And don't try and say there are many more
on here than that.

Guys like you and others on this thread need
to waken up get back into following the
team you claim to follow and stop stirring
trouble.

Even though the crowd was down yesterday
we were still 2nd largest crowd in league and
that was behind Arbroath.

Still not good though we need guys and girls
through the turnstyles and dig us out the hole
we are in it's that simple.

Be angry,but be an angry supporter and keep
your club running

I repeat, THEY put all their details in the public domain. It's not rocket science finding things on the internet.
The despicable thing here is the death of East Fife.

Moderators! why are you not moderating?
As others have stated, AFTN is dead.Long live AFTN!.
We are looking at the potential death of the club after an existence of 112 years.
The fans want to voice their concerns.
The idiots have taken over.

Hi,

I don't agree that AFTN is an embarrassment of a site but I do think the quality of the posts, and frankly some of the contributors, on the forum - which is only one part of the site - has been deteriorating significantly and has now reached an all-time low.

AFTN Towers is not oblivious to this and I'm sure GoF won't mind me saying that this is something he is looking at very carefully as we speak.

We are on it and, rahter than get bogged down in debates on individual posts right now, I think a more general discussion needs to take priority.

Please bear with us meantime.

Thanks

Heard that Ineos are looking to buy site of old power station for the land base of the underground coal gas planned under the forth. Is that why rankine wants land ? Would we not get a better price for land if put up for sale on the open market ?
Each day I worry more for the future of our club . Cannot see that changing after Monday night

Why don't AFTN introduce a pay to use AFTN? That would stop at a stroke the vast majority of crap that the forum is infested with, stone dead. That would of coarse mean every body would have to be identifyed due to registering for payment and if the AFTN owner(s) have the future of East Fife at heart, then a lot of unneccessary grief would surely dissappear and hopefully meaningful and positive discussions can be the norm. It would also let us know just how many people are actually posting negatively or positively and may give a clearer picture of how many supporters are even interested in the argument, which I think would be a massive majority. I would guess that the vast majority of the punters who go to Bayview to support the team, are not interested one bit in who owns the cub, as long as it survives.
I know that will never happen, because nobody would pay, so the only other way to controll the infestations is to make sure every body needs to register before they can post on the site. What ever GoF & co decide, the multiple username system AFTN that exists now, has to change.

JS
Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Monday 5th January 2015 at 7.00pm.

Bump.

Was it really only 18 months ago that Messrs McNeil and Murray took up stewardship of the club and won us all over with tales of new ownership,potential championship status, togoan internationals,and full-time players.
Latterly we bought into Crowdfunding and talks of a 3D Pitch.
What the club did achieve was relegation with the worst set of players I have ever witnessed, untried managers, and a crippling loss of £142,174 putting the very existence of the club in jeopardy.
Unfortunately the 2 gentlemen in question have now resigned from the Board of Directors and consequently are not answerable to the shareholders for their actions.
There must be a question mark aimed at the present board and also the now resigned trust representative of how this was allowed to happen.

For the current season , you will find that contracts were drawn up and agreed by the former Chairman which have resulted in player wages between 2 and 3 times greater than the teams which are currently vying for promotion.
Thank you former Chairman!!

After tonights AGM , I would like a statement to be made by the BOD on the current financial plight of the club and what the immediate future holds for the club.
I am of the view that the club will only prosper with there being a concerted united front of Board, Trust ,fans , sponsors ,and the Levenmouth public in general to acquire the shares from Rankine/Johnston/Twigg and to get the club out of this financial mess and future prosperity.
The Trust AGM is to be held on Thursday evening. Lets hope that off-field matters are a bit clearer after the EF AGM.
Finally thank you Mr McNeill and Mr Murray for your efforts!!!

Are AGMs open to the public or do you need to have a shareholding etc?

sammy
Was it really only 18 months ago that Messrs McNeil and Murray took up stewardship of the club and won us all over with tales of new ownership,potential championship status, togoan internationals,and full-time players.
What the club did achieve was relegation with the worst set of players I have ever witnessed, untried managers, and a crippling loss of £142,174 putting the very existence of the club in jeopardy.
Unfortunately the 2 gentlemen in question have now resigned from the Board of Directors and consequently are not answerable to the shareholders for their actions.
There must be a question mark aimed at the present board and also the now resigned trust representative of how this was allowed to happen.

For the current season , you will find that contracts were drawn up and agreed by the former Chairman which have resulted in player wages between 2 and 3 times greater than the teams which are currently vying for promotion.

After tonights AGM , I would like a statement to be made by the BOD on the current financial plight of the club and what the immediate future holds for the club.
I am of the view that the club will only prosper with there being a concerted united front of Board, Trust ,fans , sponsors ,and the Levenmouth public in general to acquire the shares from Rankine/Johnston/Twigg and to get the club out of this financial mess and future prosperity.
The Trust AGM is to be held on Thursday evening. Lets hope that off-field matters are a bit clearer after the EF AGM.

Hear Hear!

I hope that tonights AGM can provide more answers and more positivity, because if not I fear the worst.

A Trialist
Are AGMs open to the public or do you need to have a shareholding etc?

Shareholders or representatives of, no general public.

sammy

Well done Sammy. Great post and sums things up 100%!

sammy

Remind me what exactly Mr Murray done?

Great post Sammy.The board ov directors let Murray un his cronies have a free hand in the board room,and sat back and let them get on with it.They fooled,not just them ,but also OUR supporters.Christ all you got on here was "Oh well done Lee.Oh well said Lee.Oh lee,your such a breath off fresh air.Oh Lee ,your so transparent."SEND MI THE FUCKIN SICK BUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!
And where are they now,eh.They bailed out knowing the shit was about ti hit the fan.Everyone on here knew our club was losing money for along time,however what DID happen to the 100k.Was it used for signing players under Durie,Chisume or Brown??.Hardly.
Did Rankin use it to help bail out Livi???big chance.
Did Murray use it to try to get us into the championship,hoping to get the cash back once we were in there.???possible.
Thing is,we might never no,which I think is a fuckin disgrace!!!!
Oh and lunghammers,Murray gave us they wee flags the laddies wave when we score a goal.It was used about 15, or so times last season.
"CHRIST IF YE DIDN'Y LAUGH,YID GREET!!!!!!!!!!!',so lets here it one last time.
'OHHHHH WELL DONE LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Lee Murray and Brian McNeil have a lot to answer for that's for sure. What a complete disaster their short reign was, that's for sure.

Any feedback on how things went last night?

Come back Sid, all is forgiven.

One thing I'm curious about is to whom the debts are owed.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield

The increase of around £80K owed to creditors was discussed but not the names of those the club owed money to. HMRC have been paid and aren't one of them.

Increases in cost of sales put down to:
Scaffolding costs £60K
Increased staff costs £50K
Increased Police costs £15K
Increased Merchandise £10k

The club are in negotations to sell 30m strip of land to raise money, no details given of how much or who talks are with.

Question asked re players budget for last year which had increased by £44K, board did not have the information to hand.

Question asked about giving shareholders access to the full accounts as only abbreviated version given out, this has never been done and is not in the articles of association.

Gary Naismith indicated he was operating on a shoestring but didn't have the figures for his players budget. Basically a case of letting some players go to bring in others. Julen signed and wages covered by a sponsor. Naismith also said he had offered to take a cut in wages.

The Chairman indicated that not a great response from people ollowing the boards announcement to buy out the majority shareholder.

All in all pretty depressing stuff.

S_Pat
Claude_Cecil_Garfield

The Chairman indicated that not a great response from people ollowing the boards announcement to buy out the majority shareholder.

This is interesting, a great response as in people willing to put money in?

S_Pat
Claude_Cecil_Garfield

The increase of around £80K owed to creditors was discussed but not the names of those the club owed money to. HMRC have been paid and aren't one of them.

Increases in cost of sales put down to:
Scaffolding costs £60K
Increased staff costs £50K
Increased Police costs £15K
Increased Merchandise £10k

The club are in negotations to sell 30m strip of land to raise money, no details given of how much or who talks are with.

Question asked re players budget for last year which had increased by £44K, board did not have the information to hand.

Question asked about giving shareholders access to the full accounts as only abbreviated version given out, this has never been done and is not in the articles of association.

Gary Naismith indicated he was operating on a shoestring but didn't have the figures for his players budget. Basically a case of letting some players go to bring in others. Julen signed and wages covered by a sponsor. Naismith also said he had offered to take a cut in wages.

All in all pretty depressing stuff.

The two main questions at present have not been addressed.

Progress of buy out, how far has it gone and how much money have the directors raised/had pledged towards this.

The second which is also related to the comment about lack of response to the plea for help in the bid. The lack of transparency in publishing full accounts. Who in their right mind would contribute without seeing full accounts and level of debt etc. Alright t has never been done and is not in the articles but that is no reason why it cannot be done.

I have said from the beginning that the director's bid has been a smokescreen to sideline the SFA investigation and has no serious hope of being achieved. It now seems to be fading into oblivion where it was always intended to go.

Any news on the Rankine side?

10K increase in merchandise is this the cost of our kit being manufactured by under armour. 60k for scaffolding thank the lord the maniacs have left the building. Some un believable decisions by the previous board.

fan67
10K increase in merchandise is this the cost of our kit being manufactured by under armour. 60k for scaffolding thank the lord the maniacs have left the building. Some un believable decisions by the previous board.

Scaffolding must have brought in a minimum of 50k in extra gate money. It was not a complete waste.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES OF A CLUB/BOARD WE HAVE AT THE MOMENT.

Unfortunately there is a distinct lack of a LEADER at the club.
Someone who is strong enough to galvanise all interested parties be it Trust, Supporters Club, Shareholders ,Fans, Sponsors,and the wider community to finally rid itself of the cancer/malaise which has afflicted the club for the past few years.

UNLESS SOMEON TAKES RESPONSIBILITY ,THE CLUB WILL DIE.WHO CAN WE BLAME THEN?
I have absolutely no doubt that the current BOD WILL get the debt under control, but UNFORTUNATELY none of them has the charisma ,organisation skills-call it what you like, to unify ALL interested parties.

I attended the Meeting called by the Directors in early December , along withh approx.80 other supporters and can assure you that there was no direct request for financial support from those attending. There WAS a flippant remark from Jim Stevenson that anyone who gave £25000 could become a Director.
Jim , can you not see that for the immediate future of the club,you MUST get the supporters / community on board to inject WORKING CAPITAL into the club.
The club needs this immediate cash injection to part pay off its creditors.
eg Season Ticket in advance for lifetime,5 years; Lunch Club -whatever suggestions you come up with.
Thereafter ONLY a fan bid , and that includes the BOD, will succeed.

JIM STEVENSON,as Chairman of EFFC you MUST tell us what you want.

sammy
The club needs this immediate cash injection to part pay off its creditors. eg Season Ticket in advance for lifetime,5 years.

sammy

Someone who is strong enough to galvanise all interested parties be it Trust, Supporters Club, Shareholders ,Fans, Sponsors,and the wider community to finally rid itself of the cancer/malaise which has afflicted the club for the past few years.

I have absolutely no doubt that the current BOD WILL get the debt under control, but UNFORTUNATELY none of them has the charisma ,organisation skills-call it what you like, to unify ALL interested parties.

I attended the Meeting called by the Directors in early December , along withh approx.80 other supporters and can assure you that there was no direct request for financial support from those attending. There WAS a flippant remark from Jim Stevenson that anyone who gave £25000 could become a Director.
Jim , can you not see that for the immediate future of the club,you MUST get the supporters / community on board to inject WORKING CAPITAL into the club.
eg Season Ticket in advance for lifetime,5 years; Lunch Club -whatever suggestions you come up with.

WHAT AN ARROGANT COCK YOU ARE!

There is a distinct lack of 'fans' prepared to put their hand in their pockets is what you should be saying, yet apparently many (maybe into double figures, if that actually), who come up with nothing except criticism and absolutely no alternative solution. Not one of the critics have mentioned just how much they would be willing to put into saving the club, NOT ONE! Full of shit, every one of you half dozen or so knobs!

Cock-a-doodle-doo
sammy

There is a distinct lack of 'fans' prepared to put their hand in their pockets is what you should be saying, yet apparently many (maybe into double figures, if that actually), who come up with nothing except criticism and absolutely no alternative solution. Not one of the critics have mentioned just how much they would be willing to put into saving the club, NOT ONE! Full of shit, every one of you half dozen or so knobs! [/quote

Pot, kettle or simply a lonely sad wee loser?

I'll be putting £0 pounds into East Fife unless the board opens up, answers the questions asked, withdraws their "takeover" and looks to work with the supporter's bid.

Zero, zip, he-haw.

Do I want to see the club die? Of course not.

But parting with any money under the current circumstances is not going to make things any better. I'd be seeing the club die AND throwing my money away. No Thanks.

Cock-a-doodle-doo

There is a distinct lack of 'fans' prepared to put their hand in their pockets is what you should be saying, yet apparently many (maybe into double figures, if that actually), who come up with nothing except criticism and absolutely no alternative solution. Not one of the critics have mentioned just how much they would be willing to put into saving the club, NOT ONE! Full of shit, every one of you half dozen or so knobs!

It is hardly the fans' fault that the current board is running the club into the ground.
Going on league places the East Fife board is the 38th worst board in Scotland. Going on loss against turnover it's probably the same.
But you want the fans to come forward and bail the club out when there is still no transparency. I wouldn't give the board a penny under the present circumstances.

fan
fan67

Scaffolding must have brought in a minimum of 50k in extra gate money. It was not a complete waste.

Fan, I'm glad you are not running the club finances, any average guy who can count could work out 4300 of a crowd minus 500 (approx) season ticket holders(money already spent),as they had already paid. 3800 x an average of £15 per head = £57000 total. Take of the scaffold money and all the extras (I'm sure you can work them out roughly. We would be lucky to make small profit over the two games.

Cock-a-doodle-doo

WHAT AN ILL-INFORMED KNOBEND YOU ARE!

Seem to remember that the Trust bid had plenty of 'fans' prepared to put their hand in their pockets, also had ALL the Squareknot money promised to them as well! The Board's bid doesn't even have that!

Instead of hurling insults about Jocky, why not have a good think about why an open to all questions bid such as that presented by the Trust had/still has the public backing, whereas the shady "just give us your money and don't ask any questions" bid presented by the go-it-alone Board appears to be going nowhere?

It's pretty obvious!

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
I'll be putting £0 pounds into East Fife unless the board opens up, answers the questions asked, withdraws their "takeover" and looks to work with the supporter's bid.

Zero, zip, he-haw.

But parting with any money under the current circumstances is not going to make things any better. I'd be seeing the club die AND throwing my money away. No Thanks.

Exactly this! No point in having meeting with fans when the board are unwilling/unable to answer fans questions. As things stand I wouldn't give the club the cooper's oot my jar. Depressing reading.

????
fan
fan67

Fan, I'm glad you are not running the club finances, any average guy who can count could work out 4300 of a crowd minus 500 (approx) season ticket holders(money already spent),as they had already paid. 3800 x an average of £15 per head = £57000 total. Take of the scaffold money and all the extras (I'm sure you can work them out roughly. We would be lucky to make small profit over the two games.

What are you upset about? I did roughly the same calculation as you. I was pointing out that scaffolding didn't lose us 60k. If we only broke even on the scaffolding, what does it matter. We were not getting those fans' money if the scaffold had not been put up.
Were you at the Rangers game this season? Dead. The Rangers fans I know said it was the worst game they had gone to since Sevco happened. They meant atmosphere, stadium, football, the lot. Just dead.

Terracing was used twice to accommodate The Rangers fans, and a third time for Dunfermline game, which wasn't required as crowd could have easily fitted into the stand.
It is incredible to believe that the cost of terracing exceeded income, and The Rangers matches actually lost the club money.
It would be interesting to find out how much Peterhead paid for their temporary terracing, but I would bet it is a fraction of £60k. Hope that there hasn't been any creative accounting or hired from Rankine Scaffolding Ltd.

Dumbarton decided against putting up similar temporary standing because they calculated it still wouldn't be worth it. They have 2 visits each from Hibs, Hearts, and Rangers this season. If they can't make that work, god knows how we thought we could with only Rangers and Dunfermline.

We spent 60K for the scaffold?

Here's what we got:
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/261013-East-Fife-v-Rangers/G00003ZmJ_kxO8es/I00002TfaG1kNe8M/C00003cSEmSnc7rM

The guys on the top tier didn't even get a full safety rail.
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/261013-East-Fife-v-Rangers/G00003ZmJ_kxO8es/I0000VHwqiMgzu5w/C00003cSEmSnc7rM

Claude_Cecil_Garfield

Zero, zip, he-haw.

The EFSS are the ones who have to decide whether they are going to work with the Board. The board have already expressed their desire to work with the trust and other supporters, but nothing has yet come from the trust's camp - NOTHING, just like your investment plans.
Remember, there are other supporters out there who are not and never have been in the trust, so don't go thinking that the trust represent all of the supporters, they don't. To prove the point, tell me how many members are in the trust? Out of those members, how many are financially challenged? Where are the trust going to get the money needed to really have a part to play in East Fife's future? Obviously, they won't be getting anything from you mate. Estate agents prefer to use other people's money.

?
Claude_Cecil_Garfield

Zero, zip, he-haw.

The EFSS are the ones who have to decide whether they are going to work with the Board. The board have already expressed their desire to work with the trust and other supporters, but nothing has yet come from the trust's camp - NOTHING, just like your investment plans.
Remember, there are other supporters out there who are not and never have been in the trust, so don't go thinking that the trust represent all of the supporters, they don't. To prove the point, tell me how many members are in the trust? Out of those members, how many are financially challenged? Where are the trust going to get the money needed to really have a part to play in East Fife's future? Obviously, they won't be getting anything from you mate. Estate agents prefer to use other people's money.

I take it you weren't at the EFSS meeting early in the season or have read any of the updates from them? For a start they gathered the details of everone present at the meeting and created a database to communicate with fans. EFFC at their recent meeting took no details whatsoever from those in attendance.

?

No, no, no, you're Cock a Doodle Doo in this thread Jocky, ? Is in the Naysmith Thread!!

Didn't we discuss this last night, how do you expect people to take you or your points seriously if you can't even remember which if your alter egos writes what?

Trolling is a word you like to bandy about in accusation towards others but in all honesty it has never been my misfortune to come across such an internet troll as yourself, if it wasn't to the detriment of the Forim as it is, your attempts would be laughable.

?....why are you so obsessed with Estate Agents?

Hmmmmm

Would you like the club to be run by estate agents who I suspect are at least one of, or some of the protagonists trying to discredit the supporters on the board of directors at present?

?
Hmmmmm

Would you like the club to be run by estate agents who I suspect are at least one of, or some of the protagonists trying to discredit the supporters on the board of directors at present?

I would take an estate agent over an OAP. Handy for the land sale.

?
Hmmmmm

to be fair, its not really that difficult to discredit the board of directors is it

Harry hamshank
to be fair, its not really that difficult to discredit the board of directors is it

The board have done it all by themselves. In fact it's the only thing they're good at.

fan
fan67

Aye , the club charged £15 for home fans and £12 for away .

This thread is a good reminder of why I stopped supporting East Fife. Most people would go to watch a football match to support their team but instead EF fans all bicker with each other, shout abuse at the players and manager and just sit there like a sack of potatoes whilst doing so. Where is the encouragement, a little sing song perhaps?

Bayview is dead, probably because the majority of the supporters are almost dead too. A sign of the times and a clear metaphor for the 'community'.

Yes, the players are supposed to be professionals, but it's difficult to enter a hostile environment and put in a good performance week in week out when no one seems to appreciate it.

There is no point in blaming the board, the previous board, the players, the previous players or the players before that. The only thing that is constant since I watched EF is the supporters. Bar one good season the atmosphere has always been crap and this is purely down to the supporters.

The club is dead and has been for a long time now. It's a shame, but I blame the fans for driving it into the ground. I do sincerely hope that it can be revived and improving the atmosphere inside the stadium regardless of the results or off-field troubles is the only way to improve circumstances.

Bad memories
This thread is a good reminder of why I stopped supporting East Fife. Most people would go to watch a football match to support their team but instead EF fans all bicker with each other, shout abuse at the players and manager and just sit there like a sack of potatoes whilst doing so. Where is the encouragement, a little sing song perhaps?

Bayview is dead, probably because the majority of the supporters are almost dead too. A sign of the times and a clear metaphor for the 'community'.

Yes, the players are supposed to be professionals, but it's difficult to enter a hostile environment and put in a good performance week in week out when no one seems to appreciate it.

There is no point in blaming the board, the previous board, the players, the previous players or the players before that. The only thing that is constant since I watched EF is the supporters. Bar one good season the atmosphere has always been crap and this is purely down to the supporters.

The club is dead and has been for a long time now. It's a shame, but I blame the fans for driving it into the ground. I do sincerely hope that it can be revived and improving the atmosphere inside the stadium regardless of the results or off-field troubles is the only way to improve circumstances.

How the hell can it be the fans fault ( who buy season tickets , pay to get in , buy replica shirts, programmes, travel to away games ) for the state the club is in ? HOW ?

Maybe if the club kept the board but sacked the fans, that might just work.
Something to consider.
Perhaps with the dwindling attendenders (I count myself in that), the board will be free of those pesky fans soon enough.

Bad memories

Incredible, so the board, previous boards, players or managers need to shoulder any responsibility at all for our current lamentable situation ?

You are Jim Stevenson and I claim my £5.

Bad memories

Shut up you daft cunt! What a ridiculous post! The fans have tried and failed to create an atmosphere at Bayview, due to us playing in a 1 stand stadium it's practically impossible as has all ready been proven. To blame the supporters for the clubs current state is ridiculous! The club has been run into the ground and sadly many have walked away.

Tried and failed so gave up. That's the spirit eh? It doesn't matter how many times people say it but the fans can't take any sort of criticism and respond constructively. It's been said by previous players, managers and away fans that the atmosphere is dire. You can hear a pin drop. How will this attract good players? How? How? Idiot. Ignorance is bliss.

The proposed supporters take over will fail because people in levenmouth and don't have the capital or acumen to do it professionally and competently and the vast majority won't be stupid enough to waste money in a failing club unless other revenue streams are properly explored such as 3G pitches or a sports complex.

Regardless of rankine/twigg issue, the supporters trust should be doing more to encourage people into the stadium on match days even if that doesn't increase the gate receipts in the short term but with a view to increasing attendance in the longer term. There is no engagement with the wider community at all, if there is then things may improve financially and the general atmosphere may be more inviting. When I was young there were incentives to get young people to bayview such as giving tickets for free to primary school kids with reduced adult fees. Could this not be explored again? The more people in the stadium the more chance ridiculous insults from retarded 'fans' would be drowned out and reduce the negative effect this has on player confidence. Might sell more pies too.

I can sell raffle tickets 💩

Early in the season albion rovers a club which sit aboves us in the league have benefit from pay what you can sheme with season tickets and one off games and has worked increasing their attendance? If we can't fill the ground we should be looking at pay what you can sheme too because other clubs like Inverness in the premier league are doing it so why can't east fife do the same to promote football and attendance at bayview?
The football hasn't been that exicting so we would all benefit in going to see our team this season to see if it works who knows we could fill 1,000 seats than have 500 average crowd.
In question how many season tickets were sold this season than last season because of the teams we faced last season?

Bad memories

Regardless of rankine/twigg issue, the supporters trust should be doing more to encourage people into the stadium on match days even if that doesn't increase the gate receipts in the short term but with a view to increasing attendance in the longer term. There is no engagement with the wider community at all, if there is then things may improve financially and the general atmosphere may be more inviting. When I was young there were incentives to get young people to bayview such as giving tickets for free to primary school kids with reduced adult fees. Could this not be explored again? The more people in the stadium the more chance ridiculous insults from retarded 'fans' would be drowned out and reduce the negative effect this has on player confidence. Might sell more pies too.

Good idea but surely this is for the Board to do rather than the trust.

????
fan
fan67

Looks like you two didn't pay much attention in class.

((4700 + 4020) - 1000) * £15 = £115800.
£115800 - £75000 = £40800

That's £40K profit before you add any hospitality and pies and bovril and the Pars game.

Mr Murray, you are our scape goat!!

Nor possibly did you. I believe the terracing fans paid less than £15 so that would make your calculation rather irrelevant. Should you however plan a career change could i point you in the direction of pension's administrator i would surely benefit from your accounting prowess.

simple simon
Nor possibly did you. I believe the terracing fans paid less than £15 so that would make your calculation rather irrelevant. Should you however plan a career change could i point you in the direction of pension's administrator i would surely benefit from your accounting prowess.

simple simon

Simple is an apt name for you, best to check your facts before you spout rubbish.

Actual prices were £18 for EF fans and £16 for the terracing rabble.

So if the combined attendance on the temperature terracing for the two Rangers games was 4720, all paying £16 pound then the Club made £75,520 in terracing gate money.

If the terracing cost £60,000 then that's £15,520 the Club made in profit if the Police costs were £15,000 (I'm assuming that woûld be for the entire season and not just the two circus shows) then not only did it pay for itself it paid for another outgoing expense the Club would have to have forked out for!

And that's not counting any Brucey-Bonus money they got for opening it for the Pars game!

Don't see the issue here, looks like a bit of a smokescreen.

Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate is the name of the game here I think.

18 and16 gives an average of 15 You're probably a banker so you must be clever. I will just go and learn to count.

simple simon
18 and16 gives an average of 15 You're probably a banker so you must be clever. I will just go and learn to count.

Yes you should.

£15 was stated as the average ticket cost in ???'s post, the actual average ticket cost makes the profit figure even better.

BoD smoke screen me thinks.

Bert Allan
simple simon

Yes you should.

£15 was stated as the average ticket cost in ???'s post, the actual average ticket cost makes the profit figure even better.

I remember you well Bert when I was in charge at Aberhill SC and I am surprised at you conveniently leaving out concessionary tickets in your calculations? It isn't the standard I expected from you and your fellow teachers then and it isn't what I expect of you now! It does however explain why we have such low intellects going around Methil these days.

Bert Allan
simple simon

Yes you should.

Income from terracing will have been £16 full price and £12 concession, so the £15 might be a generous average. Also the ticket prices include VAt at 20% so actual terrace money to club across the two games would be 4500 @£15 -VAT = £54k,hence a loss on stated cost of providing the facilty of £60k.

^^^^^

and the fans want to run the club

Bert Allan
^^^^^

That is correct Bert, and you find this funnier than the awful mess the club is in at the moment why?

2014 A significant loss is anticipated for 2014 despite games V Rangers and Dunfermline
2013 Loss of £26,000 despite getting £140,000 from the tie at Ibrox
2012 Loss of £13,000 despite £40,000+ from tie at Pittodrie
2011 Loss of £38,000
2010 Loss of £125,000

so perhaps not all lee murray's fault then.

Certainly Lee Murray must hold a large amount of responsibility for the situation the club is now in. The accounts clearly show that last season's financial performance was particularly woeful.

However the other directors (aka 'gang of four') also are accountable as they didn't ask enough questions and allowed the mess to develop.

S_Pat
Bert Allan
^^^^^

That is correct Bert, and you find this funnier than the awful mess the club is in at the moment why?

Where have I had a laugh at the mess we are in?

I was having a laugh at the folk that can't count or massage numbers to suit their agenda.

Just to be sure that you know where I stand, we have no leader!! a leader to lead us out of this dark place, the club is dying, the BoD, the Trust, the Fans etc. maybe have the clubs best interest a heart but no one has the charisma, cash, plan, leadership to take charge, until that somebody takes he club by the scruff were dead.

Bert
I said the same as you last week ,ie a lack of a charismatic leader to take control of the situation the club finds itself in.
For my troubles , I was told I was an ARROGANT COCK.

Arrogant - No. Cock- Perhaps!!more than reasonable

By the way, Bert, you were a more than reasonable keeper in your prime!!!!!1

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Something to consider.
Perhaps with the dwindling attendenders (I count myself in that), the board will be free of those pesky fans soon enough.

Good idea, we only need to sack the half dozen or so moaning b'strds that perpetually whinge, whinge, whinge on this site and things will most definitely pick up.

?
Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Something to consider.

Good idea, we only need to sack the half dozen or so moaning b'strds that perpetually whinge, whinge, whinge on this site and things will most definitely pick up.

Hiya Jocky, hiya pal.

?
Claude_Cecil_Garfield
Something to consider.

What a fucking clown you are! Do you really expect people not to moan about the current situation the clubs in? What do you want us too do? Praise the bod for the sterling job they are doing? We are being strangled to death, a very slow death but it's coming. A board who are happy to fart about in lower leagues with zero communication, no ambition, no leadership, a shit football team with clueless manager, he'll yes! Things are fucking beautiful...Well done, keep up the good work.

Ritchie

Income from terracing will have been £16 full price and £12 concession, so the £15 might be a generous average. Also the ticket prices include VAt at 20% so actual terrace money to club across the two games would be 4500 @£15 -VAT = £54k,hence a loss on stated cost of providing the facilty of £60k.

Does the 60K scaffolding cost include VAT as well? Did we pay 50K + VAT = 60K, or 60K + VAT = 72K?

prodigal son
Ritchie

Does the 60K scaffolding cost include VAT as well? Did we pay 50K + VAT = 60K, or 60K + VAT = 72K?

revenue - consultancy fees = sorry state of affairs.

S_Pat
Bert Allan
^^^^^

Stewart,
Maybe you can enlighten me, I have asked Jack/Jeek/JJ whoever he is about this but have had no answer. Could you let us know how the supporters are going to run the club and keep it afloat. Will it be one of the 17 who were at the Trust AGM. Who are these people that are jumping up and down to run the club.

No-one has asked me. I'm not interested. Just a fan who works hard and used to enjoy going to the football.
Not interested in investing or joining the trust or whatever.
Just an ordinary bloke so I am.
That said I'm not forking out any more cash on watching that pish.

Catch 22 really.

Past caring to be honest. Me and a good few hundred others.

Jeek,
It's a pity you are past caring and that presumably this is your last post.
I have followed your contribution with interest and was impressed that on three different threads within a week your total contribution has been the word "flounce".
I am not sure if you are using it as a noun or a verb but I think what is more important is that if you have mastered a word why let it go to waste ?

Not The Other Chairman
Jeek,
I have followed your contribution with interest and was impressed that on three different threads within a week your total contribution has been the word "flounce".
I am not sure if you are using it as a noun or a verb but I think what is more important is that if you have mastered a word why let it go to waste ?

Dear NTOC,
there is someone else posting under my username. Easy to do that on here. Sure a moderator will confirm this if it's that important to you.

Not that I care about this imposter nor you.

Kind regards
Jeek

An Observer.
S_Pat
Bert Allan
^^^^^

Stewart,
Maybe you can enlighten me, I have asked Jack/Jeek/JJ whoever he is about this but have had no answer. Could you let us know how the supporters are going to run the club and keep it afloat. Will it be one of the 17 who were at the Trust AGM. Who are these people that are jumping up and down to run the club.

How the supporters will run the club is something will be something all the supporters involved in the EFSS bid discuss and this was talked about at the original EFSS public meeting in August attented by around 120 supporters. Just because you are a supporter of the club does not mean you are devoid of any business acumen/talent/charisma etc. In fact to take a register of the supporters and find out the many and varied skills these collective fans have will throw up far more talent than the current Gang of Four have demonstrated recently.

P.S. The EFFC AGM had around 20 shareholders in attendance, the majority shareholder did not appear to be one of them.

jeek
Not The Other Chairman
Jeek,

Dear NTOC,
there is someone else posting under my username. Easy to do that on here. Sure a moderator will confirm this if it's that important to you.

Kind regards
Jeek

I think you care about me a bit more than you are letting on so It's disappointing that you will not be posting on here about EF any more.

Not The Other Chairman
jeek
Not The Other Chairman
Jeek,

Dear NTOC,

Kind regards
Jeek

I think you care about me a bit more than you are letting on so It's disappointing that you will not be posting on here about EF any more.

Not at all. I couldn't care less if you died in your sleep tonight.
I don't now you and you`re not important to me. In fact i think you`re full of your own importance from reading other threads.
You`re certainly not funny although I do appreciate you try very hard at this whilst failing misearably.

Now toddle off and play at being a chairman.

No wonder the supporters bid is dead in the water with you leading the revolution. As for the trust...

Jeek
Not The Other Chairman
jeek
Not The Other Chairman
Jeek,

Dear NTOC,

Kind regards
Jeek

I don't now you and you`re not important to me. In fact i think you`re full of your own importance from reading other threads.
You`re certainly not funny although I do appreciate you try very hard at this whilst failing misearably.

No wonder the supporters bid is dead in the water with you leading the revolution. As for the trust...

Oh the banter ! Please don't let this be your last post on AFTN just because your not coming back to Bayview and don't care anymore.

Not The Other Chairman
Jeek
Not The Other Chairman
jeek
Not The Other Chairman
Jeek,

Dear NTOC,

Kind regards
Jeek

Oh the banter ! Please don't let this be your last post on AFTN just because your not coming back to Bayview and don't care anymore.

True to form...

No intention of it becoming my last post on AFTN.

Now run along. There`s a good little Chairman.

Jeek, I am delighted. Things are maybe black but with your positivity.......

Not The Other Chairman
Jeek, I am delighted. Things are maybe black but with your positivity.......

How old are you again?

Old enough to die in my sleep.

Ha!

S_Pat
An Observer.
S_Pat
Bert Allan
^^^^^

Stewart,

How the supporters will run the club is something will be something all the supporters involved in the EFSS bid discuss and this was talked about at the original EFSS public meeting in August attented by around 120 supporters. Just because you are a supporter of the club does not mean you are devoid of any business acumen/talent/charisma etc. In fact to take a register of the supporters and find out the many and varied skills these collective fans have will throw up far more talent than the current Gang of Four have demonstrated recently.

P.S. The EFFC AGM had around 20 shareholders in attendance, the majority shareholder did not appear to be one of them.

Stu, I think even you realise you are just talking a good job. Name names, who is going to run the club when you get rid of the pensioners. There were only 13 people plus the top table at the last meeting and I did not see much charisma on show, even less money if I am honest.

An Observer.
S_Pat
An Observer.
S_Pat
Bert Allan
^^^^^

Stewart,

Stu, I think even you realise you are just talking a good job. Name names, who is going to run the club when you get rid of the pensioners. There were only 13 people plus the top table at the last meeting and I did not see much charisma on show, even less money if I am honest.

Yes, I agree with AO above. Quite some time has passed since the formation of the EFSS and we don't appear to be any further forward. About the only posts I have seen are from one of the EFSS working groups relations (Stu), who in just about every single post he makes, is having a dig at the current four EFFC directors. No positive information comes from the EFSS at all and we still have no idea of what is being proposed, which I have to assume is because there are no propositions. Who are the talented individuals Stu refers to? You say the club is in a mess Stu, what is the current state of the EFSS? How much money has actually been pledged and how much money will be needed for the EFSS to go forward?

A round of applause is due go the directors for at last coming up with a strategy to follow.
1. Blame Lee Murray for everything, and rely on short memories to overlook the heavy losses of the previous four years.
2. Ignore all questioning about what happened to the £140000 from the Rangers cup tie.
3. Sit back while a couple of Observers (no connection, obviously) take turns to attack the Trust, who threaten the status quo.

The most recent attack says the Trust are no further forward since their formation. From where I am sitting, the Trust are closer than ever to gaining control. They have regularly invested in shares, putting funds raised into EFFC. They have clearly stated that they believe the directors' bid is over-priced and would create further problems. And they have asked the directors to reconsider. Members and supporters have been kept updated. Meetings have been held. Financial advisers have been hired. There is no overnight solution but the groundwork is in place. This is good work with a clear vision, in a murky, messy situation. More power to them.

I think I am right that the shares which have already purchased by the Trust have been at a price of both £4 and £4.50.

Since the Due Diligence process , the Trust have been advised that because of the club's debt , the purchase price of any offer should not be at £4.50 per share.
No mention -as far as I know-has been made by the Trust on how they would handle the clubs debt if they were the successful buyer.

Meanwhile the current BOD have agreed to purchase shares from Rankine at £4.50 and to sell land outwith the stadium for a reputed £80,000 ,the proceeds of which presumably will go towards the club's debt. The BOD have also stated that they are tackling the inherited debt.The BOD have also given loans to the club to hopefully ensure that the club survives this season.
The BOD would then try to sell their shareholding in £5000 tranches.

Irrespective of your viewpoint,the decision making process undertaken by the BOD is certainly more streamlined and their vision for the future of the club seems all-embracing. The BOD see the situation as getting rid of Rankine ASAP.
The Trust seems bound by procedures in arriving at decisions and do not seem to have tackled the debt question.
Perhaps understandable ,given the main reasons for the Trust having been set up ie boost both supporter shareholding , and community involvement.
In other words the Trust , I feel , need to make a statement on exactly where they are.
At the moment I feel that fans are being left in limbo, with neither side giving advice on how we can help.

Who is in charge of the Trust?
Who is in charge of the EFSS?

fed up fan
A round of applause is due go the directors for at last coming up with a strategy to follow.
1. Blame Lee Murray for everything, and rely on short memories to overlook the heavy losses of the previous four years.
2. Ignore all questioning about what happened to the £140000 from the Rangers cup tie.
3. Sit back while a couple of Observers (no connection, obviously) take turns to attack the Trust, who threaten the status quo.

The most recent attack says the Trust are no further forward since their formation. From where I am sitting, the Trust are closer than ever to gaining control. They have regularly invested in shares, putting funds raised into EFFC. They have clearly stated that they believe the directors' bid is over-priced and would create further problems. And they have asked the directors to reconsider. Members and supporters have been kept updated. Meetings have been held. Financial advisers have been hired. There is no overnight solution but the groundwork is in place. This is good work with a clear vision, in a murky, messy situation. More power to them.

FUF, My last post on the subject, you know the answers to all your questions, or if you don't you havn't been listening, I certainly have heard the answers (not that I particularly like them). The only point that I would make is that the pensioners have never blamed Lee Murray for anything, I think that was all done at the trust meeting I attended recently, the minutes will back that up I am sure. I will repeat the trust have done nothing except talk and in the end will back out saying the shares are not worth the money. Nobody to date will tell me who will run the club, why would I back the trust.

curiosity killed the cat

The Trust have a board but that board can only go on the majority vote by members. EFSS are a collection of supporters but this body must follow Trust rules as the Trust are bound by rules of the FSA. The Trust are also a not for profit outfit.

Sammy, I know things are quiet just now but I promise, we've given out all the info we can at that moment and all fans will be kept informed of any significant steps. The reason EFSS haven't said about tackling the debt is because our due diligence was halted by the BOD when their bid was accepted. We can't say how we'll tackle things when we have no info on exactly how much it is

Hope that helps folks

An Observer.
fed up fan

FUF, My last post on the subject, you know the answers to all your questions, or if you don't you havn't been listening, I certainly have heard the answers (not that I particularly like them). The only point that I would make is that the pensioners have never blamed Lee Murray for anything, I think that was all done at the trust meeting I attended recently, the minutes will back that up I am sure. I will repeat the trust have done nothing except talk and in the end will back out saying the shares are not worth the money. Nobody to date will tell me who will run the club, why would I back the trust.

My post didn't ask any questions other than a reference to the missing Rangers money. What a strange way for you to reply to it.
If you look at the club's report issued to shareholders you will see that the pensioners single out Lee Murray for blame by detailing all costs in his name and McNeill's name, and no others apart from the sea wall. The rest of costs will of course be confidential, won't they. Conveniently.
The directors have deliberately hung out Murray and McNeill to dry. Both deserve criticism but they cannot carry the can for the current failings of the board.
If the Trust come back and say the shares are not worth the money, it will be because they are correct, having done the necessary checks. The pensioners are trying to offer exactly what Rankine is looking for. They might 'save' the club in he short term but their plan puts its future in serious danger if they saddle it with huge annual repayments. And it will not be their mess to clean up by then.

Kerriann
curiosity killed the cat

The Trust have a board but that board can only go on the majority vote by members. EFSS are a collection of supporters but this body must follow Trust rules as the Trust are bound by rules of the FSA. The Trust are also a not for profit outfit.

Sammy, I know things are quiet just now but I promise, we've given out all the info we can at that moment and all fans will be kept informed of any significant steps. The reason EFSS haven't said about tackling the debt is because our due diligence was halted by the BOD when their bid was accepted. We can't say how we'll tackle things when we have no info on exactly how much it is

Hope that helps folks

Therefore is it fair to say that at present, the EFSS do not have a plan? If you reply and say there is a plan, can you enlighten the supporters what the plan is? Why the secrecy?

I would like to know so that I can make a decision to put funds towards the directors bid, or the EFSS bid. Time is getting on and we can't wait much longer, for the sake of the club. Your delay must also be harming the aim of fan involvement at board level I believe.

sammy
I think I am right that the shares which have already purchased by the Trust have been at a price of both £4 and £4.50.

Since the Due Diligence process , the Trust have been advised that because of the club's debt , the purchase price of any offer should not be at £4.50 per share.
No mention -as far as I know-has been made by the Trust on how they would handle the clubs debt if they were the successful buyer.

Meanwhile the current BOD have agreed to purchase shares from Rankine at £4.50 and to sell land outwith the stadium for a reputed £80,000 ,the proceeds of which presumably will go towards the club's debt. The BOD have also stated that they are tackling the inherited debt.The BOD have also given loans to the club to hopefully ensure that the club survives this season.
The BOD would then try to sell their shareholding in £5000 tranches.

Irrespective of your viewpoint,the decision making process undertaken by the BOD is certainly more streamlined and their vision for the future of the club seems all-embracing. The BOD see the situation as getting rid of Rankine ASAP.
The Trust seems bound by procedures in arriving at decisions and do not seem to have tackled the debt question.
Perhaps understandable ,given the main reasons for the Trust having been set up ie boost both supporter shareholding , and community involvement.
In other words the Trust , I feel , need to make a statement on exactly where they are.
At the moment I feel that fans are being left in limbo, with neither side giving advice on how we can help.

The Trust has outlined its position sammy. You must have missed that. Two clear statements have been made this week.
The problem with the directors bid is that no one believes in it. Same would happen if the Trust made the same bid. It is just not going to work. The directors are going through he motions. That in itself does not make their plan credible. Anyone can reach a non-binding agreement. It is worthless.
As for the board wanting to get rid of Rankine asap. Don't make me laugh. Jim Stevenson has been working with Rankine for the last ten years. That's why he is now chairman.

Another Observer
Kerriann
curiosity killed the cat

Hope that helps folks

Therefore is it fair to say that at present, the EFSS do not have a plan? If you reply and say there is a plan, can you enlighten the supporters what the plan is? Why the secrecy?

I would like to know so that I can make a decision to put funds towards the directors bid, or the EFSS bid. Time is getting on and we can't wait much longer, for the sake of the club. Your delay must also be harming the aim of fan involvement at board level I believe.

Aww, poor wee you, don't know where to put your money and it is burning a hole in your pocket.
Don't try to kid yourself that you or anyone else backing the directors will make their crazy bid work. Unless you have 400 grand you will only be helping them make an avoidable accident happen. If you feel the directors are right, go and give them your money now. What is stopping you?
And if you believe that the delay is harming fan involvement on the board, you need to go away and have a hard think about this. Here's a clue. If the Trust gain control, they are in charge.

fed up fan

My post didn't ask any questions other than a reference to the missing Rangers money. What a strange way for you to reply to it.
If you look at the club's report issued to shareholders you will see that the pensioners single out Lee Murray for blame by detailing all costs in his name and McNeill's name, and no others apart from the sea wall. The rest of costs will of course be confidential, won't they. Conveniently.
The directors have deliberately hung out Murray and McNeill to dry. Both deserve criticism but they cannot carry the can for the current failings of the board.
If the Trust come back and say the shares are not worth the money, it will be because they are correct, having done the necessary checks. The pensioners are trying to offer exactly what Rankine is looking for. They might 'save' the club in he short term but their plan puts its future in serious danger if they saddle it with huge annual repayments. And it will not be their mess to clean up by then.

I think you are doing your best to deflect the disaster that was McNeill and I think it is because you are connected to him. You have had a fair few go's at the directors in all of your posts so far and I think you couldn't give a hoot about East Fife, as long as you can get at the directors. You are 'conveniently' including Lee Murray in you posts to divert attention away from your connection to McNeill. Plain as day hen, (unless of course McNeill is posting himself).

fed up fan
... Two clear statements have been made this week.

Can anyone provide a link to where I can find these statements? I've checked on the Buyeastfife site, and found the latest news was on 15th December. Done a google search and found nothing

Likewise to any information from the Directors bid. Do they have a website? Have they anything to say?

I trust that, when either the EFSS, or the Directors get to a stage where they are actually looking for real support, they will make their position known online, and shout about it on here, p&b, in the press, at the ground, and anywhere else you might find someone with black & gold in their veins.

....and how is the "takeover" progressing?

Has a holding company been set up ? No.

Have the gang of four actually parted with 25K each to invest in this holding company? No

Has anyone been offered the "5k a pop investment" opportunity to fund the Gang of Four's takeover? No.

Did the heads of terms and takeover press release get the owner off the hook with the SFA... HELL NO.

Claude_Cecil_Garfield
....and how is the "takeover" progressing?

Has a holding company been set up ? No.

Have the gang of four actually parted with 25K each to invest in this holding company? No

Has anyone been offered the "5k a pop investment" opportunity to fund the Gang of Four's takeover? No.

Did the heads of terms and takeover press release get the owner off the hook with the SFA... HELL NO.

Have you done anything to help the trust with a counter bid - NO.

Have you put any money up to help finance the trust bid - NO.

Have you done anything to try an derail a bid from supporters in the form of the current directors - a resounding YES!

That looks like someone who is happy for the status quo and the majority shareholders to continue owning the club.

fed up fan
Another Observer
Kerriann
curiosity killed the cat

Hope that helps folks

Aww, poor wee you, don't know where to put your money and it is burning a hole in your pocket.
Don't try to kid yourself that you or anyone else backing the directors will make their crazy bid work. Unless you have 400 grand you will only be helping them make an avoidable accident happen. If you feel the directors are right, go and give them your money now. What is stopping you?
And if you believe that the delay is harming fan involvement on the board, you need to go away and have a hard think about this. Here's a clue. If the Trust gain control, they are in charge.

Here's another clue -

If the trust have £400k, they CAN be in charge! Chew on that FUF!

If the Trust paid anywhere near 400 grand for the club I'd be disgusted with them throwing fans money away.

prodigal son
... Two clear statements have been made this week.

Found them!

http://www.buyeastfife.org/developments-re-share-purchase-and-trust-agm-notes/