Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum

The forum is up for renewal and with all the shit that's being going on with posts the last few weeks, it's giving us a few things to think about.

Sadly it would appear that aspects of the forum seem to be mirroring aspects of society and people can't have a sensible discussions any more without reverting to 10 year olds.

Deleted a pile of posts, but if you want the forum to continue, the childish bickering HAS to stop. Which is interesting when checking some of the posters and being able to tie up previous posts, because some people may not want the forum to continue and would be glad to destabilise it and see the back of it.

We're not going away, but aspects of it will change.

I don't want to lose all the archive stuff that's on here from the 'Broon Oot' days, to the Gray era, to the current mire we find ourselves in. It can't be exported, so we either made some amendments to the current forum or lost everything here and start anew, or shut the whole fucking kit and caboodle down altogether.

The club really is close to being no more as far as I can see, and when serious questions are being raised in the AGM thread, it becomes a kids name calling thread, deflecting from the serious questions that need to be asked.

People HAVE to stop accusing anyone who supports the club of being a director. I revealed this a while back, but Jocky was not and is not a director of the club. You have to get that idea out of your heads.

That's not to say that people currently connected with the club or previous connected with the club aren't posting here.

The club is in a fucking mess. We need a fans forum to get our concerns out there.

I'm locking the forum for 24 hours, whilst I try a few things out behind the scenes, so check back Tuesday and you'll either find a new look forum or no forum altogether.

Re: Forum

The forum has been unlocked again for now!

We've got a new forum coming soon, but we'll keep this one online as an archive. More details to follow.

In the meantime, we'll try re-opening this one again and see how it goes and if certain people can behave civilly and like grown ups!

Good to have you back, hopefully as you say people will behave!! Felt we were robbed yesterday, deserved a point at least for 2nd half performance. Good to see Alan Cook back yesterday also. look forward to seeing new Forum too!!

Good stuff GoF.
Look forward to the new forum. Thanks

Top man gof.

How is the new forum progressing? Any news?

Any news?

Likely to stick with this format till end of the season then make switch then.