Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dylan Rooney

Just tweeted that he's left the club.

Re: Dylan Rooney

a trialist
Just tweeted that he's left the club.

Loved his penalty saves in a game that most won't forget against Clyde but ultimately not good enough for the senior game. Best of luck tho!

Think ultimately Dylan Rooney was an example of what the club are all about
No vision to develop players in goalkeeper terms very young in years and given no opportunity by a manager who quite frankly does not know what player development is about.
I despair for what the future of the club holds certainly not a place where we will have few hardened pros and young players like the managers beloved hearts .
Well done Dylan did well when called upon and brave enough to not hang around and move on when overlooked for keepers quite frankly not any better . hopefully will stick at the game and see you back at bayview again putting the fife on the other side of a pen save !

I agree with the above comment. I thought when he was given a start in the play-offs when Greg was injured and he was brilliant he would start this season off as number one goalie but naysmith has opted for a junior keeper in Fleming was signed, gutted don't think there was much between the two and bizzare enough don't understand why he lost his place just like Mcaleer at the moment but I am sad to see the club let go of Rooney and wish him all the best and hope he stays in the game, be a shame as I think he's leauge one or two in my eyes, all the best.

Apparently on the back of saving a few penalties Dylan turned up pre season with a head bigger than his ability and didn't put in any effort once he knew he wasn't a shoe in for first team

Where does he play now - amateur?

I think the words are player development confident lad years ahead of him to mature nothing wrong with that but come on look at keeper at moment
Insider knowledge that's he's playing amateur tell me more ?
Just more evidence that goes to show manager cant manage players if you believe that your inside knowledge suggests he was giving it large.

I don't know where you get your info from but it is bull shit.The only person you can blame is naysmith. He is the one that advised board to get rid of 19s and reserves.If they still had reserves dylan rooney ,david maskrey and daryl faulkner would have more time to develop.Regarding rooney not trying at training and being big headed that is utter shite

Efbab
I think the words are player development confident lad years ahead of him to mature nothing wrong with that but come on look at keeper at moment
Insider knowledge that's he's playing amateur tell me more ?
Just more evidence that goes to show manager cant manage players if you believe that your inside knowledge suggests he was giving it large.

Can you write that again in co-ordinated English please?